Crystal purchases of full gear items in Shipments

Prev134567
JohnSalera
311 posts Member
edited April 2016
Hello everyone –

One of the hot topics right now is that people did not notice there are now full pieces of gear appearing in the Shipments for premium currency (e.g., Crystals).

Some players have gone ahead and purchased those items but didn’t notice they were spending premium currency.

We have just posted an update which includes a change to sort the premium currency items to the top of the list and the items for non-premium currency at the bottom.

To see this change, you will either have to wait for your Shipments to refresh automatically when its current timer expires, or use the Refresh button to refresh it immediately.

Note that using the Refresh button does cost 50 Crystals.

Thanks.

---
UPDATE:

Having discussed options with the team, the best course of action at this point for anyone who feels they made a purchase in error during the time between when the update became mandatory and the new Shipments were released and when we pushed out the update last night (Monday night, Pacific), is to log a support ticket.

To do so, please tap the gear icon in the upper left of the Cantina and then tap Help.

They will be able to assist you.

Thanks.
Post edited by JohnSalera on

Replies

• Canner23
    57 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thank you! I fortauntley didn't accidentally do this, but I know a lot of people have.
  • Options
    Is 2k+ crystals for a single mat the correct premium cost for some?
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options
    So do you get 50 of the item for 1400 Crystals or do u only get 1. Still confused
  • Options
    Full gear for crystals, credits for salvage parts. Look before you buy: full gear costs over 1000 crystals!
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    if you refresh, does the timer still persist for the current countdown? if the shops are automatically refreshed at 01:00, 07:00, 13:00, 19:00, does refreshing the shop with crystals keep the same schedule?
    mighty chlorians
  • JohnSalera
    311 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Important to note that the offered items in question here are *full pieces of gear*.

For example, in my Shipments I'm seeing one Mk 6 Chiewab Hypo Syringe for 1,400 Crystals.

I could craft it with 50 Mk 6 Chiewab Hypo Syringe Salvage components, and 13,300 Credits, or I could purchase it immediately.

These are new offers, and they're optional.
  • Options
    Just for future reference, please include everything in patch notes, not just what the main feature is going to be. It's good practice, for the fact that it shows transparency so more people will trust you, and they won't get taken by surprise and drop 1200 crystals on accident. Plus people wanna know when their characters are changing. The communication was better with this update and I appreciate it, but there's still some room for improvement. Thanks!

@CG_JohnSalera
  • Options
    @Tocinoelcerdo -

We did pretty extensive release notes. It was nearly 12 pages, single-spaced, 11 point font. It's verging on too long at this point, to be honest.

Plus it takes a lot of time for us to pull those together, edit them, confirm accuracy and completeness.

We didn't think this would be an issue, but clearly some people were getting confused so we posted a change. :smile:

• Options
    Hello everyone –

One of the hot topics right now is that people did not notice there are now full pieces of gear appearing in the Shipments for premium currency (e.g., Crystals).

Some players have gone ahead and purchased those items but didn’t notice they were spending premium currency.

We have just posted an update which includes a change to sort the premium currency items to the top of the list and the items for non-premium currency at the bottom.

To see this change, you will either have to wait for your Shipments to refresh automatically when its current timer expires, or use the Refresh button to refresh it immediately.

Thanks.

Hei mate, your sarcasm is not well placed ... we know the refresh cost 50 crystals as it is well placed button - distinct from all other buttons , which cost credits .

It was not the same situation with mixing crystals gear and credit gear in no order and you guys admited you did it wrong before by sorting the gear now.

Anyway - will you be able to provide us now with more vital information about if EA is considering to do something about this hot topic and a bunch of players who autobought this unsorted gear or it will be considered players own mistake and end of story? If there is a good will on this matter by EA and there is a way to correct this mistake of ours - please advice us what to do exactly ? Contacting customer support didn`t help ... posting in forums resolved into EA sorting the gear - nice /they should do it before so many people waste their crystals... / , but are they considering to compensate and make those players happy again ?

Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation. I perfectly know the blame for what happened is totaly on us , who were not reading correctly what we buy ... but too excited from the biggest update, guilds, new information, changes in all shipments, new characters in shipments that messed the order we are used to since months .... all of this was the reason for so many people make a simple mistake , that costed too much ..
  • Options
    I honestly feel there's quite a bit of sarcasm and contempt implied here by the development team and I feel offended.
  • Options
    Hi Apostilo -

That wasn't sarcasm, though I can see why it could be read that way.

Given the sensitivity around Crystal spend on this topic, I definitely couldn't just say "wait for the timer to elapse, or simply press Refresh." Folks would have accused me of trying to get additional Crystal expenditure. :wink:

And like I said earlier, we never anticipated this would be an issue. But since people were getting confused, we figured sorting this way would be the quickest solution.

To your main question: we are investigating what we can do. We'll need a little time to do that investigation, so expect an update on the topic tomorrow.

Glad to hear you're excited! We're pretty excited to get this release out to you guys as well. :smile:
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    Do you guys use Humans to test this game?
  • Options
    Hi Apostilo -

That wasn't sarcasm, though I can see why it could be read that way.

Given the sensitivity around Crystal spend on this topic, I definitely couldn't just say "wait for the timer to elapse, or simply press Refresh." Folks would have accused me of trying to get additional Crystal expenditure. :wink:

And like I said earlier, we never anticipated this would be an issue. But since people were getting confused, we figured sorting this way would be the quickest solution.

To your main question: we are investigating what we can do. We'll need a little time to do that investigation, so expect an update on the topic tomorrow.

Glad to hear you're excited! We're pretty excited to get this release out to you guys as well. :smile:

Thank you !
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    AdamW wrote: »
    Do you guys use Humans to test this game?

Dont worry. No humans were hurt in the process
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Finn
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Hmmm only animals should call some rights movements or u can bribe me with some mk5 stun guns and 4-5 mk3 sensors and no body will know about it
  • Options
    Hey @CG_JohnSalera I bought a furnace today in shipments are droid callers going to be there? Thanks again for your give and take here.
  • Options
    Hello everyone –

Thanks.

thank you the prompt action.
    there's another hot topic on errorcodes we are getting in the arena.
    this has caused a terrible game experience to many.

may I ask how is this being address?
    also submitting a ticket to support seems to be very unhelpful.
    the replies we get are the solutions that aren't even solving the problems.

are these support members trained to address solutions or just there to copy and paste a standardized template to reply all customers?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Uh, I currently have one shipment that is just a component, not a full item, listed for 273 crystals. It is sandwiched between 2 other items that actually are full items.

This is confusing to say the least.

Once again I am left baffled at how the devs put out changes thst are bugged and/or confusing and/or hated by players, rather than soliciting input ahead of time, which would save CG money and everyone hassle.

It is approaching half a year. Please implement a beta program. It is desperately needed.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    @Qeltar -

Did your Shipments refresh since the update was posted? It's unclear to me from your description if you are talking about three premium items, or a mix of Crystal and Credits.

And, yes, we are working towards having a beta server / program. More details once we have them.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @CG_JohnSalera , thank you for the response. Glad to hear the beta program is still planned.

I will post a photo when I get on my pc.

There is currently a poll where about 98 percent of respondents want raid rewards changed. This sort of thing only happens hecause the dev team always wants to keep as much as possible secret and apparently doesn't have the pulse on the playerbase. More info earlier would provide the necessary feedback to eliminate problems before they go live.
  • Options
    Thanks for the response in the matter.
    It would have never been a mistake if from the beginning every crystal costing item where placed together. As you can see in the pictures I posted, is easy to understand why so many people purchased by accident. Even in my pictures you can see that I didn't even need that full gear piece, as I can still craft a lot of those.
    DieInFire wrote: »
    If you see the first link, you will find the up left item price to be easy to see. It's in crystal as always the first row are crystal items located. I'm ok with that and the pricing.
    https://imgur.com/a/LJIwb

However when you scroll down, you will find the rest of the gear that cost credits as everyday. The stuff you usually buy for the daily tasks.
    If you see this image, you're can see the credit cost items, but do you see that one below all the rest? Seeing this picture just like this, anyone would think it's a credit cost item!!! But it wasn't, it costed me 1416 crystals. You can see I bought three items for the daily completion task, but didn't realize it was crystal priced item.

https://imgur.com/a/at1Nq.png

The worst part, is that this is an item I don't need!!! Only required by my RG but I already have it. Check how many of the same gear piece I can craft anytime!!!

https://imgur.com/a/lSIeg

• Options
    @DieInFire - I can't see the image in the second link. The other two are working.

Thanks.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    As promised:

Cm7WYYs.png

This was taken moments ago so it is since the update.

The left and right items here are full items. The middle item is 1/20 of an item. They have similar prices.
    And while we're on the topic, 1400 crystals for one item for one character is more than a little absurd.
  • Options
    What about the issue of crystals just missing from people's games after installing the update. I lost 1400 crystals after loading the update.
  • Options
    @Tocinoelcerdo -

We did pretty extensive release notes. It was nearly 12 pages, single-spaced, 11 point font. It's verging on too long at this point, to be honest.

Plus it takes a lot of time for us to pull those together, edit them, confirm accuracy and completeness.

We didn't think this would be an issue, but clearly some people were getting confused so we posted a change. :smile:

I myself haven't seen the notes, aside from what is in the dev and game updates. Let me revise my suggestion now that I know there are extensive patch notes. Maybe link them in the messages we get in the appropriate sections (dev and game updates) so people can more easily find them (plus all the hard work put into them can be seen by more people) I understand it's a lot of work to put it together and I wasn't saying you guys did a bad job. Just trying to help because it helps the players help you in the long run. For example if something slipped Past the dev's attention players have a tendency to find it and are able to more easily communicate what is happening when we can reference exactly what you as devs meant for it to do. Thanks again!

@CG_JohnSalera

• Options
    @DieInFire - I can't see the image in the second link. The other two are working.

Thanks.

Sorry about that:
    https://imgur.com/a/at1Nq
  • Options
    Hey
    I've just spent 273 crystals on a Mk3 Chedak comlink prototype- but i am unable to attach it to my characters. It is saying 1/1 which means i should be able to, but the craft button is blurred out.

Any suggestions?

Before you say it, yes i have all the other gear and money needed to craft and yes my character is the right level.
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options
    I have a Mk3 Chedak Commlink in my store right now, for 545 crystals, that does look like a full piece of gear. It isn't a prototype. I did see a Mk3 Chedak Commlink Prototype earlier today for 273 crystals though - but it looked suspicious to me, not like a full piece of gear.

I have a feeling there's a bunch of stuff for sale that isn't actual useable gear?

KQfFO9V.png
  • JothamFeyt
    23 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thanks for Makin me waste crystals in the shipments, I have been so used to the old store when I went in and saw the purple gear on top and never before having to spend crystals on gear in shipments, I was used to just buying up rare gear with my credits. Now you guys suited everything around move the character shares down with less character options and put crystal purchases up top, why!? To trick people like you did me who have been playing this game since day one and got used to a certain system that did not require crystals, well thanks to your new misleading configuration of the store I wasted 300 crystals, jerks! Why would you alter the layout and mix stuff up, some of us have got into a flow to where we can jump on do our stuff and go about our daily lives. You took advantage of that, now I'm 300 crystals short have gear I do not necessarily need right away, I only clicked it because I was used to all the gear costing credits not crystals, thanks for the irritation and having me waste my time collecting crystals for the right moment just to flush them down the toilet, thank yoda I did not spend money on them or I would have been super mad. 300 crystals, 300, rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Options
    @Tocinoelcerdo -

@CG_JohnSalera

Hi John,
    After seeing numerous communication issues I can safely say more detail is better than none. I see two potential options here

1. Release the full notes. 12 pages may sound like a lot and take some time to read but I'd rather that than be surprised. Also your team covers themselves as if it was in the notes and players make a mistake then that's no problem to you guys is it. I've played plenty of games where the update notes have been extensive and it really isn't an issue to give the detail to us.

2. Make more use of your pop up/tutorial screens
    You had the pop up screens telling us how protection worked and how guild screens worked so why not do the same for the shipments screen perhaps where it is most important and cause more hassle for you guys? A simple pop up saying full items are now available and cost is crystals with compulsory click to confirm acceptance and bingo - no more problems

I love this game but sometimes it seems like your team have never played a game before and although the communication is improving massively it is still missing something.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
This discussion has been closed.