Tier 6 Raid

2Next

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    You do realize every single person in the raid has a chance at the new gear, right?

Only the top 3 "contributors", at least based on the rewards list. Only the T5-01 box shows them.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Plasmaj
    297 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Vitriol wrote: »
    We're on to Phase 2 of Tier 6 and it's tremendously difficult. We have a very solid guild and are getting waxed. You absolutely need many of your guild-mates to have AA, EE, QGJ, and Yoda in order to have a shot, otherwise you'll be wiped out pretty quickly. I'm wondering if the difficulty level increase is linear or exponential from tier to tier. We're half a day in and not even waist deep.

I am deeply concerned about this.
    The Tier 6 raid seems extremely difficult. And the Tier 5 raid only offers even a CHANCE of getting the new "retroactive" gear items they added in early April to the top 3 contributors.
    So our choices are to have 3/50 of our guild maybe get the gear they need or spend potentially a full week trying to beat the Tier 6 version?
    Someone please tell me I am wrong about this.

You do realize every single person in the raid has a chance at the new gear, right?

The T5-02 box and lower does not offer the new gear. So no one outside of top 3 even has a chance at the new gear for Tier V.

At Tier VI, only the top 20 do. The T6-04 prize box does not list the new gear as possible prizes
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    IMO it is really in poor taste to retroactively add gear requirements to items and then make them this difficult to obtain.
    The rewards and difficulty need to be reassessed. I am very disappointed with the balancing here, at least based on what I have heard so far.
  • Options
    @Darth_Cension thanks for the reddit video it helped a lot.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    I am genuinely considering using my gems on a 1.6k Furnace for Han/Rey.

Thats how desperate im becoming.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    LaLiam wrote: »

I thought 1.6K was a no brainer for that item. I'm just waiting for it to show up in my shipments.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options

I'd really like to not be so cynical as to think they made these items nearly impossible to get in the raid so people would buy them with crystals.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Plasmaj wrote: »
    We're on to Phase 2 of Tier 6 and it's tremendously difficult. We have a very solid guild and are getting waxed. You absolutely need many of your guild-mates to have AA, EE, QGJ, and Yoda in order to have a shot, otherwise you'll be wiped out pretty quickly. I'm wondering if the difficulty level increase is linear or exponential from tier to tier. We're half a day in and not even waist deep.

I am deeply concerned about this.
    The Tier 6 raid seems extremely difficult. And the Tier 5 raid only offers even a CHANCE of getting the new "retroactive" gear items they added in early April to the top 3 contributors.
    So our choices are to have 3/50 of our guild maybe get the gear they need or spend potentially a full week trying to beat the Tier 6 version?
    Someone please tell me I am wrong about this.

The T5-02 box and lower does not offer the new gear. So no one outside of top 3 even has a chance at the new gear for Tier V.

At Tier VI, only the top 20 do. The T6-04 prize box does not list the new gear as possible prizes

Where are you getting that information from? I'm looking right at the boxes and there's zero indication of that.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    T6-05 Green Box description: Awards Tier VII Prototypes and Salvage for levels 65 to 79 and a small chance to receive fully crafted gear.

T6-01 Yellow Box description: Awards Tier VII Prototypes and Salvage for levels 65 to 79 and a the BEST chance to receive fully crafted gear.

What am I missing here? They give the exact same gear and yellow has a better chance for fully crafted.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Where are you getting that information from? I'm looking right at the boxes and there's zero indication of that.

Click on the box, each one shows what you can get from it.
    - Tier I-IV: Nobody can get the 4 retroactive gear items.
    - Tier V: Only the top 3 can get T5-01, which has them. The others don't.
    - Tier VI: T6-01, T6-02 and T6-03 have them, top 20. Other 60% of guild is SOL.
    - Heroic: Only tier where everyone has a chance. And people are taking days to do Tier VI so I can only imagine how hard this is.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @Naecabon - Click the boxes to look at what is possible to get from them.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options

Click on the box, each one shows what you can get from it.
    - Tier I-IV: Nobody can get the 4 retroactive gear items.
    - Tier V: Only the top 3 can get T5-01, which has them. The others don't.
    - Tier VI: T6-01, T6-02 and T6-03 have them, top 20. Other 60% of guild is SOL.
    - Heroic: Only tier where everyone has a chance. And people are taking days to do Tier VI so I can only imagine how hard this is.

Okay you win. I'd never opened it.

Back to thinking loot is stupid!

But at least the raid is fun as hell.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Okay you win.

Well, I think we all lose with this poorly-considered setup that will if anything tear guilds apart.
    I cannot believe CG thought that this system would be well-received. It is baffling to me.
    Have you guys been working on a Tier 6? How long do you expect it will take you? I can then use that to gauge how likely it is our less whaley guild can even have a chance to finish it before we hit the guild currency cap.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Okay you win.

Well, I think we all lose with this poorly-considered setup that will if anything tear guilds apart.
    I cannot believe CG thought that this system would be well-received. It is baffling to me.
    Have you guys been working on a Tier 6? How long do you expect it will take you? I can then use that to gauge how likely it is our less whaley guild can even have a chance to finish it before we hit the guild currency cap.

We'll be making a brief post about it later today. Give us uhh... about 6 more hours. ;)
  • Options
    It seems like 3-4 days/revives right now for a decent guild to beat a tier 6 raid. Unless all 50 are krakens or something
  • Plasmaj
    297 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    T6-05 Green Box description: Awards Tier VII Prototypes and Salvage for levels 65 to 79 and a small chance to receive fully crafted gear.

T6-01 Yellow Box description: Awards Tier VII Prototypes and Salvage for levels 65 to 79 and a the BEST chance to receive fully crafted gear.

What am I missing here? They give the exact same gear and yellow has a better chance for fully crafted.

eqKvoCN.png
    Post edited by Plasmaj on
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options

I'd really like to not be so cynical as to think they made these items nearly impossible to get in the raid so people would buy them with crystals.

Thats whats happening. Greedy, no brainer if you have gems, but i only have about 2k right now.

I will buy it when i hit about 3.5k, but it will take weeks via the Raid rewards, even doing T6. More like months actually.
    {RotE}
  • Galgenstrick
    849 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    They said that the raid T6 is recommended for a player level 80 guild. They gave us warning, so I don't think it's an issue. Just something to work towards.

So far we are just about finished with the first phase of the T6 Raid and haven't even hit the first refresh timer yet. So it doesn't seem terrible. Our highest level players are only level 77.
  • Ducy
    22 posts Member
    Options
    They said that the raid T6 is recommended for a player level 80 guild. They gave us warning, so I don't think it's an issue. Just something to work towards.

So far we are just about finished with the first phase of the T6 Raid and haven't even hit the first refresh timer yet. So it doesn't seem terrible. Our highest level players are only level 77.

Meh, 3 more levels gives what, 200 power to a toon. It is irrelevant at this point. With protection update the gear level matters way more.
  • Options
    This went from a tier 6 raid discussion to a raid loot discussion...I get most everyone hate the raid loot but let's try to keep it on topic peeps! ☺
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    Nobody guaranteed the gear they need. Only a chance. If you come i, the top 3 in tier 6 you might get luck otherwise you just get a moderate chance at What my you need. Most crates contain easily farmable gear. #guildsmakenosence
  • Options
    How is tier 5? I have 2 level 70 characters the others are 63, I feel like I won't even make it to the rancor lol
  • Options
    How is tier 5? I have 2 level 70 characters the others are 63, I feel like I won't even make it to the rancor lol

You will, but it will take you a month.

Character Name: Nofaultius
  • Options

Good thing my guild carried me. We made it on to the rancor, now we have to wait for the character reset lol
  • Options

Good thing my guild carried me. We made it on to the rancor, now we have to wait for the character reset lol

Hopefully your guild doesn't kick you out for this post haha.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options

EE? Ewok Elder?
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Our guild only has a few true whales, whale and dolphins combined make up maybe 20-25 of our members. Don't waste your time with tier 5. We are 1/2 way done with tier 6 already on our 2nd character refresh. Goal is to finish tier 6 by the time we finish raid so there is constant tier 6 running at all times.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Our guild did tier VI. After about 12 hours and 46 people attacking, we are halfway through the first secion of the green bar. So probably about 3-5 days to finish it. We are most likely going to do tier V for a while so we dont get slogged down again. Too many of us have too few 6* heroes to make much of a dent. It would be nice if that rotten pig bass terd would give us some alone time but no, he has to constantly get backup.