F2P Rebel Synergy Team

While trying to come up with new synergy teams, I came up with this team comp that utilizes resources efficiently. Would love to see someone try this farming from the beginning of the game, as I've already used too many of my resources on other characters to switch now.

Squad Cantina Battles: Luke Skywalker for a powerful DPS attacker
Cantina Shipments: Hoth Rebel Scout, has decent stun chance and some turn meter manipulation
Arena Shipments: Admiral Ackbar for his leader ability giving rebel allies +25 speed at max level with 10% tenacity bonus as well, decent HP and healing especially against sidious
Galactic War: Biggs Darklighter

Throw in a healer and I think this would make a decent team comp. Princess Leia would be ideal, but she is only available in chromium for now. Stormtrooper Han is another option once Ackbar is at a high enough star level. Not sure how viable this would be endgame, but I think it would be interesting to experiment with some new team compositions outside the normal ones we see.

Replies

• Options
    i just started to farm a rebell team now. Ackbar sounds very OP with his lead and his ally call with +25def-sunder
    i think my composition will look like this: ackbar(L), Biggs, Luke, Han, (Luminara/QuiGon/Greedo)
  • Options
    JohnnyChu wrote: »
    i just started to farm a rebell team now. Ackbar sounds very OP with his lead and his ally call with +25def-sunder
    i think my composition will look like this: ackbar(L), Biggs, Luke, Han, (Luminara/QuiGon/Greedo)

You should get Hoth Rebel Scout. He's really fast with ackbar lead and has great TM manipulation and decent damage. Biggs is the weakest link in that set up.
  • Options

You should get Hoth Rebel Scout. He's really fast with ackbar lead and has great TM manipulation and decent damage. Biggs is the weakest link in that set up.

you are right. i wanted to avoid another cantina champ. but i remember that i got him(3*) in a free datacard. so it will be fine :)

• SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I fight against a complete 'Rebel' squad at the top of my Nov. shard arena. He runs Akbar (l), Han, HRS, GS, and Phasma. I'm not sure that Phasma is the best choice but it's a big upgrade from when he first switched to rebel and went with Akbar/Luke/Biggs/Han/Luminara. They are all FTP toons and only Akbar/Han overlap so it's a good way to go.

Anyway the current Rebel team +Phasma/GS seems pretty good. My team of mostly droids goes right through him but speed teams and dodge teams seem to struggle with him. At least based on how much he's around the top of our leaderboard.
  • JohnnyChu
    14 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »

Anyway the current Rebel team +Phasma/GS seems pretty good. My team of mostly droids goes right through him but speed teams and dodge teams seem to struggle with him. At least based on how much he's around the top of our leaderboard.

So i will be fine with my next Rebel Squad.
    Against Droid teams i have always gg with my Scoundrel team (unless there is a Poe)

Edit: Should i let Biggs behind? Is he more viable with the rebell synergy or should i replace him with a more mainstream hero?

• effdash
    150 posts Member
    Options
    Currently farming this exact team. I plan to go with both Han and Ackbar since I'm without Leia (sadness). I was not going to use a healer (this team will be for GW) and instead was going to use both HRS' (Scout and Soldier). One of them is much easier to farm than the other, but I got Soldier free from Bronze so it gives me a head's up.
  • Options
    I started farming Luke, Akbar, and Biggs for fun because I like the rebels. I have all three at 7*now, Han at almost 6* and HRScout at 3*. I hope Leia becomes farmable at some point.

In general, as a group, the rebels seem like a great team. Not too fast, but great turn meter manipulation and two stunners. But they are a bit squishy.

Akbar is great against teams that apply debuffs. Against Sid, Vader, and Phasma, there is no better healer. He can easily heal 100% and now clears heal immunity too. His leader abilities are great too, adding much needed speed and a little tenacity. Low health though.

Luke is a pretty high damage attacker when geared up, with the chance to stun, apply dots, and defense down. He has good turn matter gain and crit synergies. Speed is decent with Akbar lead. When you fight Luke in DS missions, he is called Rebel Luke (same name) but has a lightsaber and he is is a bad ****. I hope a future feature is to allow upgrades to maxed characters.

Biggs is slow and his assist is somewhat weak because most of the squad are not hard hitters. But he has crit buffs and turn meter manipulation. Let's hope those ship synergies come in handy soon.

Han is a turn meter beast. He gains TM for himself and for the squad. He has LOW health though, so upgrading taunt ability to last three turns seems ridiculous. He is meant to be sacrificed to allow his team to speed up. He is slow but decent with Akbar lead. I would never use him as lead.

I only have HRScout at 3*, but he is super fast, has crit synergy, and gains TM fit the squad. And he stuns.

What I like about the TM manipulation is that it's controlled by your own team. It's not a buff that can be removed.

I'm not sure how it will do against stunners or fast, high damage squads, but with changes coming, it might be less of a concern.

Overall, TM manipulation is huge, because it's compounded by multiple factors.

I agree Biggs is the weak link, but easily replaceable without losing any benefits. However, let's not discount mustache synergy with Biggs and HRScout. Now if only Lando was a rebel...

• LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Luke isn't viable right now, but if you've been farming Rey she's what you need.
    Ackbar(L),Han,Biggs,HRScout,Rey.

Biggs is NOT the weak link here, he works perfectly as a support attacker for Rey, Biggs' unique makes his speed an irrelevent factor when using him in a Tm gain squad. I have quite often been down to Biggs and Rey against 3 toons and been very surprised at an easy win.

The fact you aren't using HRS or Han worries me, they're staples for F2P Rebels.
    {RotE}
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »

So i will be fine with my next Rebel Squad.
    Against Droid teams i have always gg with my Scoundrel team (unless there is a Poe)

Edit: Should i let Biggs behind? Is he more viable with the rebell synergy or should i replace him with a more mainstream hero?

Please, listen to me when I say don't leave Biggs behind.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    But there's no guarantee that Biggs will call Rey. He might call Akbar or Han, who do modest damage.

Biggs is a pain to get to gear 8 requiring tons of purple gear. But I did come up against a maxed Biggs once and he surprised me by almost one-shotting Lumi.

I have been using Luke in GW and arena and I'm pretty happy with the results. After all, if you can't farm who you like, why bother with a star wars theme anyway?
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    There is no guarantee he will call Rey, but Ackbar,HRS and Han's basic all gain TM, which has glorious synergy with the TM team as a whole. Rebels are viable as Turn Meter manipulators, quite possibly they will be great after the update when high speed toons are nerfed.
    Biggs does require a ridiculously high amount of gear, but he becomes so much more when you invest in him.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    @LaLiam out of interest, what is the highest ranking you've achieved with an Ackbar-led squad?
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    @LaLiam out of interest, what is the highest ranking you've achieved with an Ackbar-led squad?

I got #3 payout yesterday with this squad, it's very good against Dooku led teams but I've never beaten QG-Yoda-Rg with it.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    LaLiam wrote: »

I got #3 payout yesterday with this squad, it's very good against Dooku led teams but I've never beaten QG-Yoda-Rg with it.

That's awesome - congrats. Tbh I don't have any fast hard hitting toons (no GS, FOTP, Rey, GQJ, Yoda...) So I don't expect to do well. But it is a little disappointing that using a sid lead instead of Ackbar with my team (Han, Lumi, Phasma, Biggs) is almost always more effective :/

Nearly have HRS at 6* and Luke at 7* - can't wait to test them out at arena soon :)
  • Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    There is no guarantee he will call Rey, but Ackbar,HRS and Han's basic all gain TM, which has glorious synergy with the TM team as a whole. Rebels are viable as Turn Meter manipulators, quite possibly they will be great after the update when high speed toons are nerfed.
    Biggs does require a ridiculously high amount of gear, but he becomes so much more when you invest in him.

I'm farming biggs atm (nothing else to get from gw). But I just don't see his use. If you want a fast assist attack get GS. Biggs seems to slow even with the ackbar lead. I don't know about his damage at 7*
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    They aren't Jedi- so sid and Dooku don't make as large an impact. You'll find that teams with Bariss and Chewbacca are hard to beat but meta teams are just not a problem...

My Luke is only 6*, i just felt he was a one trick pony but maybe when they make slower toons hit higher Luke, and Biggs, will be very viable
    {RotE}
  • Options
    i disagree with most of what people suggest here.
    i think Rebel team is doomed to fail, and if you won't be sniping, you will fall fast in arena. i'd personally focus you. the fact you want it F2P means you cant have Leia, which in rebel team, should be the core attacker, and could do well with AA. tho i still dont think it'll be enough. even in team of AA (L- For speed ofc), Han, Leia, Luke, Biggs. that team won't be strong enough DEFENSIVELY - in the current meta, they got no one that people will tremble from.. I do hope that in upcoming meta Synergy of team will be more important, and we won't see QGJ sole jedi as leader (like im doing and i don't like it).
    You can build FO team as F2P which would be much better - Phasma, Kylo, FOTP (hard farming..), FOST, [whoever you want/FOO]. if you like the light side, i guess that cause of the latest movie, the resistance is doing better than rebel: Poe (L), Rey, RP, RT, [tank] like RoyalGuard.
    i think rebel team won't work well... thats mostly because of how weak luke is in this game, and that Hoths give nothing to the table. so all you can do is Biggs - and he's not reliable toon to build a team on. if he was, you would hear him in sentence along with Rey, Gs and QGJ.
    I suggest you to re-consider the Rebel team idea. Resistance, FirstOrder, Droid, Jedi, Sith... all those work better than rebel.