Galactic war getting unbeatable?

Prev13
I've had some of my guild members telling me that they've gotten stuck on the galactic war. The computer is throwing unbeatable teams at them. Anyone else having this problem? And these complaints are coming from ppl with strong, built up, extensive teams.

Replies

• BBSooner
    32 posts Member
    Options
    I've had some rough matches lately like Dooku L, g9 RG, g9 Fives, QGJ, Daka. Managed to finish them but it has been way more rough than previously
  • skarroo11
    65 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Nope completed 2 GWs easily as usual.

1 or 2 guys of my guild find it a bit difficult too tho.
  • Options
    I completed today, my last node was a Team 7 stars, level 80, two of them with gear 10.
    Im on level 78, and none with gear 10. It was complicated today for sure.
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    I've not completed it twice in the last several weeks (5-6). Not sure if that supports or refutes, but there you go.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    It's gotten easier since the update
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Last few days have been tough for me
    1/3
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    I've not completed it since the protection update, I'm level 76, ranked 96 in arena, lucky to get to node 8 or 9, people say just retreat or do b squads, suicide squads but trust me, it's different for different people, I get 7 star teams with gear 9 at node 4/5 and my healers get Sid heal blocked and targeted instantly. Find it weird that so many people are cruising through on auto
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    I've had some I can't finish recently, like today's. Teams w/o healers g9 and especially 5's. I used to never see him and now I don't remember not seeing him.
  • DarthBalls
    518 posts Member
    Options
    I think GW is easier since the update
  • Notext
    8 posts Member
    Options
    Sometimes I breeze through, sometimes I'm on C team and eek by. Luck of the draw.
  • BobAFeet
    147 posts Member
    Options
    My streak of 60 straight ended today... Didn't face a team under level 72... Faced a couple level 80 teams at the end that did me in. I think it is getting way harder once you reach the higher nodes...
  • strafeSS
    201 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It's gotten harder, but I've also upgraded my arena team. I'm still completing GW. I have a couple solid A teams but rarely lose more than one toon in GW.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    I noticed an increase in difficulty the last two days, but still completed without issue.
  • Options
    What level are your guild members? If you have a very shallow roster, GW can be a challenge. Once you get higher up, it shouldn't be a problem at all.

There is only one day in my account history where I did not complete GW... and it was when they threw a full level 70 purple team at me (before level cap increase) when I was level 58 and blue gear lol.

Hobnob, who do you run? I am at level 76 as well and I get gear 9 toons in GW all the time... still beatable without B squads. Post your team and perhaps we can figure this out for you?
  • Turukano
    170 posts Member
    Options
    I think that any comments about difficulty of GW need a few bits of information so the community can help/comment more easily.

A) your level.
    B) your arena power and team
    C) your top 5 toon's power and team
    D) your next 5 toon's power and team.

It would also provide us all some information on any possible correlations.

Best wishes

Turukano
  • Options
    For me personally, I haven't had any trouble. But I've seen teams thrown at my buddy and they are impossible! Fives killing multiple full health characters in one turn, and Rey killing any character at any time. It seriously doesn't feel right. I've played some hard ones before and had to sacrifice a couple teams but this is crazy!
  • WyldStyl3
    28 posts Member
    Options
    It's WAY harder since protection came about. It's like starting each battle with only 2/3rd health for each of your chars. I've heard multiple guys complain about how hard it's been lately. For some reason, the guys with droid teams seem to have no issue with it though. Everyone else gets crazy strong matchups or either matchups that can absolutely destroy them even though they are several lvls and sometimes gear below the team they are using.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    WyldStyl3 wrote: »
    It's WAY harder since protection came about. It's like starting each battle with only 2/3rd health for each of your chars. I've heard multiple guys complain about how hard it's been lately. For some reason, the guys with droid teams seem to have no issue with it though. Everyone else gets crazy strong matchups or either matchups that can absolutely destroy them even though they are several lvls and sometimes gear below the team they are using.

I've had this argument before, but protection has actually made it easier, if you have healers. With the addition of protection, they also lowered damage, giving you more opportunities to heal up.

All protection did was make it take longer. It did not increase difficulty, regardless of perceived health levels.
  • Nicol_Bolas
    375 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I run Barriss lead with Fives, QGJ, Lumi, and Phasma. Do you have these guys? If so, you pretty much never have to retreat unless someone's Rey or IG86 gets a lucky hit on your QGJ. Everything else can survive very well. The toughest team I faced yesterday was Dooku, Rey, Fives (omega G9), Daka, Lumi but even that was doable.

Edit: I should mentioned that my Barriss and Fives are only 6*. Barriss is only level 70 while everyone else is at level 76. This speaks to the usefulness of the team.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    What level are your guild members? If you have a very shallow roster, GW can be a challenge. Once you get higher up, it shouldn't be a problem at all.

There is only one day in my account history where I did not complete GW... and it was when they threw a full level 70 purple team at me (before level cap increase) when I was level 58 and blue gear lol.

Hobnob, who do you run? I am at level 76 as well and I get gear 9 toons in GW all the time... still beatable without B squads. Post your team and perhaps we can figure this out for you?

How do you post the pictures again?
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    I beat it today and yesterday and for the past week, none die.

Barris (L), Luminara, Fives, Rey, QGJ/GS/Sid/Daka Depending on the team
    They are all within 1000 points of each other so I could interchange, all gear 8; Fives and Rey gear 9.
    Rey one shot kills gear 6 characters or remove full protection on tanks like RG. Five's protection usually lasts 10 nodes.

Before the battle ends, all abilities are cooled down as much as possible and chars are healed.

If a really hard team comes my way I use my B team
    Dooku (3* L), Phasma, RG, Vader/Kylo, Mace

And suicide squad is always Chewie (L), Ewoks. Usually focus on one char, to remove as much protection as possible.

• Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Options
    CG thinks you should have 5 fully geared teams so get busy.
  • Options
    Lumi 76 g9, HK 76 g9, JC 76 g9, RG 76 g8, Sid 76 g8

Sacraficed many other teams
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
  • Options
    Hobnob wrote: »

How do you post the pictures again?

At the top of the reply box, the paper looking icon (the fourth icon from the right side).
  • DarthSLR
    66 posts Member
    Options
    Something has definitely changed. I've been completing GW without fail since January, and the last two days I failed twice... I'm glad I'm not the only one...
  • Options
    This is another reason I'm not buying the gear to go to 9/10 in shipments. I'm worried that if I get my arena team too powerful, I will stop being able to clear GW. So I can't just buy a few items, I have to buy 10+ to get my full GW roster on par with my arena team.

Right now I can beat it no problem, but if I got 3+ nodes in a row of arena-quality 33k+ teams, I'd be screwed.
  • bngman
    369 posts Member
    Options
    Today completed with same team, using no suicide squads, only reset twice.
    But normally lose 3 or 4 toons.
    My team
    Dooku
    Daka
    Lumi
    Barris
    Sid

Level 76
    Matches I face are between 70 to 76 level
  • Options
    Yes usually around 9 or 10 ai full protection, 2 levels bigger than myself fully geared! And ive been playing since launch around 1500 g war wins not fun!
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    fk376b.png