Galactic war getting unbeatable?

Replies

• StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Mizo wrote: »
    CG thinks you should have 5 fully geared teams so get busy.

Yes. And you should, eventually. Kind of the point of the game.

CG also thinks GW should be too hard to complete every day.
  • Options
    If you can't beat GW you've gone too high in arena
  • Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    I've not completed it since the protection update, I'm level 76, ranked 96 in arena, lucky to get to node 8 or 9, people say just retreat or do b squads, suicide squads but trust me, it's different for different people, I get 7 star teams with gear 9 at node 4/5 and my healers get Sid heal blocked and targeted instantly. Find it weird that so many people are cruising through on auto

I dont believe anyone who says they can cruise gw on auto. Only the whaliest of whales with 15 to 20 maxed toons could do that... rng alone would make it impossible.

But with the help of a few suicide squads it should be an issue ton complete.. may take an hour or so (which makes me angrier every time i say it) but its easily do-able.

Its strange sometimes just attacking the toonsnin a different order make the difference between impossible and easy peasy.

Example: enemy team: Rg, ig88, dooku, sid, lumi
    My team: lumi, asaaj, qgj, jc, sid (or EK or mace)

Normally id knock out sid, ig88, lumi, knock rg to 50% then take out dooku and mop up.
    But for whatever reason i keep getting demolished by heal blocks so i change and do literally the last thing i would normally do and attack dooku or lumi first. Suddenly RNG takes a turn and none of sids blocks stick.

Doesnt always work that way, but it has made the difference for me many, many times.
    "May the Schwartz be with you", Yogurt

Guild: -FTB- Reign Of Fate
  • Options
    I've not completed it since the protection update, I'm level 76, ranked 96 in arena, lucky to get to node 8 or 9, people say just retreat or do b squads, suicide squads but trust me, it's different for different people, I get 7 star teams with gear 9 at node 4/5 and my healers get Sid heal blocked and targeted instantly. Find it weird that so many people are cruising through on auto

Similar here, though I am only ranked around 240 in Arena, lvl 75, running multiple Gear 8-9, 6-7 star characters in GW. By node 5-6, I am facing teams that are taking out my strongest characters, which means I am completely done by node 7-8.

I don't understand the apparent variation in what people are experiencing, unless there is perhaps something wrong with the way the game determines the opponents you will face.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    What level are your guild members? If you have a very shallow roster, GW can be a challenge. Once you get higher up, it shouldn't be a problem at all.

There is only one day in my account history where I did not complete GW... and it was when they threw a full level 70 purple team at me (before level cap increase) when I was level 58 and blue gear lol.

Hobnob, who do you run? I am at level 76 as well and I get gear 9 toons in GW all the time... still beatable without B squads. Post your team and perhaps we can figure this out for you?

This is the squad I'm struggling with, assuming it's my balance? I didn't follow meta originally though an sort of being forced to change!
  • Notext
    8 posts Member
    Options
    I should add, you shouldn't be wasting protection on the first couple levels and the protection on your healers for a couple more. You should be able to beat the first few with little effort from your B team.

I watched a friend do first 3 rounds with lumi and never had to heal but got her protection chipped down to zero. I asked her why and she said she never thought about it. She just started her normal team. She was one and two shooting the entire side. Was a complete was of her squads protection.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    Last couple days I get a lot better teams, making it harder. But not impossible.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Running Barris (l), lumi, QG, GS, RG

You can auto with targeting through 10/12 nodes usually. There sometimes is one or two nodes in the 7-10 range that you lose an important piece before you can afford to and have to put in a b team or fight manually. But I have consistent sub 30 clear times.

Once you hit 11/12 you don't care if toons die.

Arena power 32.5k

I do have the two GW easy button toons in Barris and RG so I realize not all can do this. But you don't need to be a whale to auto GW
  • Nicol_Bolas
    375 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    fk376b.png

I would get Barriss up and running as soon as possible. Get her to gear 7 and 6 star, then put her in lead with your best toons (right now Lumi, Poggle, Boba, Sid). Once Fives gets to 6*, sub out sid. Fives is a powerhouse in GW... my 6* gear 9 fives doesn't even lose protection until ~node 8. Yesterday my fives had his protection bar still on at node 11 LOL.

Also be mindful of who you attack first. I know a lot of people get rid of Sid because of his healing immunity. That becomes a non-issue when you have Barriss in the team... so take out their highest DPS guy first (usually GS or QGJ) and then smooth sailing from there.

• Options
    Last time I failed to finish galactic war was when I accidentally hit auto instead of retreat and got my team finished off :D Really just takes a lot of retreating and character switching for me but I usually don't lose more than one toon up to the last battle. Level 76 rank usually top 30. Although I'm not gonna lie I'm not getting hard teams at all. Haven't seen a royal guard once in a few weeks of gw.
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options
    Lost my first GW in months today when the prizes were doubled. Had three ridiculous teams to beat in battles 10-12. Will see if it was a one-off "special" tomorrow.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    fk376b.png

I would get Barriss up and running as soon as possible. Get her to gear 7 and 6 star, then put her in lead with your best toons (right now Lumi, Poggle, Boba, Sid). Once Fives gets to 6*, sub out sid. Fives is a powerhouse in GW... my 6* gear 9 fives doesn't even lose protection until ~node 8. Yesterday my fives had his protection bar still on at node 11 LOL.

Also be mindful of who you attack first. I know a lot of people get rid of Sid because of his healing immunity. That becomes a non-issue when you have Barriss in the team... so take out their highest DPS guy first (usually GS or QGJ) and then smooth sailing from there.

Thanks, I'll try that, have been farming Barriss flat out for a few weeks now! Fives has been in over Sid for ages, he's already my best toon at 5 stars!
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options

Similar here, though I am only ranked around 240 in Arena, lvl 75, running multiple Gear 8-9, 6-7 star characters in GW. By node 5-6, I am facing teams that are taking out my strongest characters, which means I am completely done by node 7-8.

I don't understand the apparent variation in what people are experiencing, unless there is perhaps something wrong with the way the game determines the opponents you will face.

Maybe we both have assembled our squads badly, following meta seems to be the key
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options

I dont believe anyone who says they can cruise gw on auto. Only the whaliest of whales with 15 to 20 maxed toons could do that... rng alone would make it impossible.

But with the help of a few suicide squads it should be an issue ton complete.. may take an hour or so (which makes me angrier every time i say it) but its easily do-able.

Its strange sometimes just attacking the toonsnin a different order make the difference between impossible and easy peasy.

Example: enemy team: Rg, ig88, dooku, sid, lumi
    My team: lumi, asaaj, qgj, jc, sid (or EK or mace)

Normally id knock out sid, ig88, lumi, knock rg to 50% then take out dooku and mop up.
    But for whatever reason i keep getting demolished by heal blocks so i change and do literally the last thing i would normally do and attack dooku or lumi first. Suddenly RNG takes a turn and none of sids blocks stick.

Doesnt always work that way, but it has made the difference for me many, many times.

Maybe I need to persist more, I've kinda given up trying to hard because it feels like I'm so far away!
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    BBSooner wrote: »
    I've had some rough matches lately like Dooku L, g9 RG, g9 Fives, QGJ, Daka. Managed to finish them but it has been way more rough than previously

Yeah same.
  • Options
    I use one team for galactic war and can auto threw the first 9 nodes .. It's not hard anymore
  • TheScribs
    86 posts Member
    Options
    Ever since I put my 7* Barris in led, it's been pretty simple. Usually one hiccup per GW, and my B squad can generally take it out.
    | ☮ Scoundrel ☮ | 635-571-985 "Never tell me the odds." BHG Wakanda Forever
  • GruyloRen
    206 posts Member
    Options
    I've had some of my guild members telling me that they've gotten stuck on the galactic war. The computer is throwing unbeatable teams at them. Anyone else having this problem? And these complaints are coming from ppl with strong, built up, extensive teams.

Not at all. I finished three on each of my two accounts in the last 24 hours to take advantage of the double rewards. No issues at all, and didn't really have to dip below my top 5 characters at any time. It takes a lot longer now since the protection changes, but I don't really find it any harder.
  • Options
    i dont get unbetable teams, im top 100 and 30-31K attack. but... it gets really really boring to complete the GW, i usually go very defensive using lumi and barris with heavy hitters as ig 86 or Geo Soldier, with poggle. so it takes me sometimes as long as 10 minutes to clear just one node, killing one by one and trying to end full health and with all recharge times at 0. yesterday i did 2 GW because it was the double rewards day and it took me more than 2 hours to complete them, in my opinion thats not funny, as a kind recomendation CG should set the number of nodes in 6, speed of the battles has changed a lot since the game was launched and it usuallly takes more than twice the time to end a battle.
  • Options
    I use Barriss (L), Lumi, Phasma, Daka & Rpyal Guard and it takes a while but i finish it Im Lvl 77 and have G9 for QGJ & Daka is Omega.
    Lost in the 20th century
  • _Wong64
    233 posts Member
    Options
    Galatic War is harder i have managed to beat it . It kinda makes sense since my team has also gotten better and so have many of my other toons
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    I honestly do not understand the people who do not take the time to get GW specific characters to make GW easier.

That being said:

1. GW is your credit farm. No other place will give you credits. If you don't focus GW, then I will probably see you in the "credit crunch is real" posts that are appearing.
    2. Good characters for GW: Bariss, Lumi, JC, QGJ, Talia, Daka (in that order)
    3. Bariss should be lead unless you meet a high burst team, in which case swapping QGJ to lead will provide the speed needed for your Jedi to pre-heal or focus fire that pesky DPS who keeps putting you down.
    4. Focus anyone who has a heal debuff (Sid #1, Kylo #2)
    5. QGJ debuff taunt from any tank

Bariss (L), Lumi, JC, QGJ, REY (GS, IG86) are enough to get you through nodes 1-10 without issue. You will heal almost every single turn, even through heal debuff. Meanwhile, your Rey/GS/IG86 can practically one shot people. I have taken this team through nodes 1-12 without ever needing to swap or retreat (not always, but I usually do not have to retreat until node 10).

Downsides: Slow dps, heavily reliant on your one true DPS.

Upsides: Your insane healing capabilities prevent you from losing someone without some heinous RNG on the AI's side, meaning you retreat less and continue through GW at a steady pace.
  • TheScribs
    86 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    I honestly do not understand the people who do not take the time to get GW specific characters to make GW easier.

That being said:

1. GW is your credit farm. No other place will give you credits. If you don't focus GW, then I will probably see you in the "credit crunch is real" posts that are appearing.
    3. Bariss should be lead unless you meet a high burst team, in which case swapping QGJ to lead will provide the speed needed for your Jedi to pre-heal or focus fire that pesky DPS who keeps putting you down.

Bariss (L), Lumi, JC, QGJ, REY (GS, IG86) are enough to get you through nodes 1-10 without issue. You will heal almost every single turn, even through heal debuff. Meanwhile, your Rey/GS/IG86 can practically one shot people. I have taken this team through nodes 1-12 without ever needing to swap or retreat (not always, but I usually do not have to retreat until node 10).

Upsides: Your insane healing capabilities prevent you from losing someone without some heinous RNG on the AI's side, meaning you retreat less and continue through GW at a steady pace.

Perfect strategy when things get rough. I auto most of my GW by leading with Barris, then Lumi, 86, GS and QGJ. That speeds up the first 10 or so nodes and allows me to multitask :wink:
    | ☮ Scoundrel ☮ | 635-571-985 "Never tell me the odds." BHG Wakanda Forever
  • _Wong64
    233 posts Member
    Options
    I run QGJ Lum fisto Asoka and yoda if i lose a toon i reteat and send a suicide sqaud . Then near the end i remove Fisto and put in JC and i beat it everyday. Its more fun if it is a challenge in my opinion if it not going to be hard they need a sim option lol
  • Options
    Once your protection is gone use Bariss as lead. She'll keep your team healed up during battle.
  • Options
    Works great if Bariss is at least 6-star and gear lvl VIII
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    TheScribs wrote: »
    Toukai wrote: »

That being said:

Perfect strategy when things get rough. I auto most of my GW by leading with Barris, then Lumi, 86, GS and QGJ. That speeds up the first 10 or so nodes and allows me to multitask :wink:

Perfectly viable as well. I dislike just Bariss/Lumi as there are times I find I need an inner gap heal to keep me going to the big heals those two provide, thus I put JC in there. However, there are times when I just hit a brickwall team (RG + Healer + Rey/GS/other) that I will need to bring in more dps. It happens so rarely, though, that I usually don't even bother writting it out.

Still, just having Bariss (L) and a Lumi is enough to get you through most of GW. I just prefer more healing so I have to retreat less. I find it aggravates me less than having to constantly retreat to find the perfect combo :)
  • _Wong64
    233 posts Member
    Options
    There are more then one way to skin a cat lol
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    Options
    This is another reason I'm not buying the gear to go to 9/10 in shipments. I'm worried that if I get my arena team too powerful, I will stop being able to clear GW. So I can't just buy a few items, I have to buy 10+ to get my full GW roster on par with my arena team.

Right now I can beat it no problem, but if I got 3+ nodes in a row of arena-quality 33k+ teams, I'd be screwed.

I have been gearing out my main arena team and you are correct it's getting a ton harder after getting to 33k+... My last 6 battles are against gear 9 76-78 teams.

Yesterday was the first day that I didn't complete GW, mostly a issue of time. I didn't want to spend 2 hours on it so I let people die on the way through and didn't have enough for the last node.
  • HK47_1974
    65 posts Member
    Options
    When I got JC to 7*, GW got way easier. I run Finn Poe Rey Lumi & JC. I find having 2 healers & a tank that taunts can get you past most teams.

I might suggest focusing on your Royal Guard as your tank. Lumi, JC, 5's Savage & RG would be able to beat almost any team.