Galactic war getting unbeatable?

13Next

Replies

• Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Cool, so basically just get Barriss geared up and I'll be fine. Got 7 star Luma and 5 star consular and Tala. I'll keep plugging
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @Hobnob
    Yup.

Bariss heals all jedi for roughly 1.2k per turn (their turn, yea, its crazy). JC can often heal every other turn for about 4.4k (if he gets his -1 turn on his basic attack). There are very few things you can't just heal through, and if you have QGJ even your healers do decent damage when he purges a buff off the enemy team.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    @Toukai cool, I'll be completing it daily this time in July then lol
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    Not Unbeatable but close.
    Harder, frustating, repetitive and sooooo time-consuming
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    BBSooner wrote: »
    I've had some rough matches lately like Dooku L, g9 RG, g9 Fives, QGJ, Daka. Managed to finish them but it has been way more rough than previously

The closer you get to 80 expect more of this.. people are getting Material Omega to use to upgrade some ability, so it doesn't surprise me..

I have to throw 2 teams at the final 2 or 3 nodes almost every day.. I barely squeak by, a couple of times I lose before final node..

Eventually you will catch up.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    DarthSLR wrote: »
    Something has definitely changed. I've been completing GW without fail since January, and the last two days I failed twice... I'm glad I'm not the only one...

close to the end of max level.. it shouldn't come as a surprise, the player that play to win are making a push.. this is pretty normal... same complaints when we went from 60 to 70.. everyone whined then too.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    Mizo wrote: »
    CG thinks you should have 5 fully geared teams so get busy.

LOL I have 3.. MAYBE, 2 for sure the 3rd I have to get creative.. 5 not even close.. I have a bunch of 4* maybe I can start leveling them as soon as I can get a cool 25 million in my inbox..

• Options
    I have 15 7* gear 8 level 76 toons. I retreat and use suicide squads. Haven't completed a GW in weeks now. After completing 74 of them befor that.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @Weezy_vegas1
    How do you have 15 7* characters and you cant complete GW? Do you not have a single healer?
  • Options
    i have not won a galactic war about three weeks now. Every time I get to the tenth boX it over and I tried putting my characters in different positions and changeing the squads but nothing works. I hope I win a couple of them this week I have to promote one of my characters and I need 1 million credits to do so . Please check out and fix this problem soon
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    If I had 15 7 star characters I'd be killing rancors on auto!
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    @Weezy_vegas1
    How do you have 15 7* characters and you cant complete GW? Do you not have a single healer?

Yeah, how is that possible? You should be able to put together at least 4 solid teams with that. I get through with 2 teams and minor switching, rarely using suicide squads. And I only have 9 7*, with 5 at 76.
  • Turukano
    170 posts Member
    Options
    Depends. If the top 5 are 33k + and the next 5 3000 less then yeah it will be hard as the last 3 nodes will be 31k,32k and 33k.... But even before that a 28k droid team or douku team will take out a few key players. I'm worried my top 5 are creating a gap between them and my next 5... My arena team is 29500 my max is 31500....

Turukano.
  • quigonkenny
    240 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @Hobnob
    Your layout looks to be about what mine was a couple months ago. I've mostly had a Lumi/JC core from the beginning, but your Bariss is already at a highly useful level, so I'd suggest having her in instead of JC. Between her and Lumi, keeping your team healed shouldn't be a problem as long as you stagger them. If you run into a particularly nasty DPS foe, you can bring in JC for some help. He doesn't heal as powerfully as the other two, but he heals once every second or third turn as long as you're consistent about using his basic attack (which can lower cooldown) between heals. You're probably not powerful enough yet where you're running into a lot of teams where you need QGJ and his dispels, but it probably wouldn't hurt. Don't underestimate the usefulness of a decked out Phasma, either. She'll end up a fair bit tankier than Lumi (tanky enough that she's more than safe to use her Speed Down AoE even against higher level Dooku and Fives), and that TM manipulation has been a lifesaver for me on more than one occasion. I used to run Sid, but as you start facing more powerful teams, his Heal Immunity starts losing potency (as does the AI's, ironically), so he becomes much less valuable (and less dangerous). I only use him in my Arena team now. Since Jedi have a hard time hitting him, he's actually a nice defensive asset, since they'll waste a number of their attacks on him.

The way your roster is, I'd suggest using your 4 highest level characters, minus Sid (GS, Lumi, Boba, and Fives) with Bariss as lead. Spend all your training bots on Bariss to get her levelled up to 75/76 with the rest of them, but only after bumping Fives to 76 and getting his Omega ability upgrade. Maxxing their abilities (even leader abilities on characters you night not anticipate putting in the lead, because sometimes you might want to) and starring them up are a given. I'd also look into levelling and starring up QGJ or Phasma to take over for Boba. Boba's special is decent, and his leader ability can be really nice with the right team, but he hits like a wet noodle (comparatively) and misses more often than most.
  • Options
    After 77 GW starts getting really iffy. The potential for highly geared OP meta teams becomes higher and higher. At 80, you will likely be facing 78+++ teams the entire thing.

It takes WAY too long, imo.

It's the part of the daily stuff I'm starting to dislike the most.

I still beat it everyday (so far); however, it takes way longer and just becomes boring switching an occasional toon around just to adjust the RNG when it really shouldn't matter.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    @quigonkenny thanks for that thought out response! That's a Poggle by the way not a GS, I'm focussing heavily on Phasma and Barriss at the moment so seems I've got the right idea, once 5's is finished I'll get back on QGJ then, got him at 4 stars so far. That was my biggest prob, spreading my farming early on I think has handicapped me quite badly in most game modes!
  • Nikka488
    277 posts Member
    Options
    I have been able to complete it every day since the protection update. However the difficulty is super frustrating. I have 46 toons. 5- 7* G8 or G9, 6-6*G8 all the way down to 6 or 7 unleveled/ungeared that I never use. GW takes me over an hour spread out through the day. I use all of my toons. Often 1-3 retreats total. Suicide squads, etc... Last Wed GW guild activity goal (36 battles) was the first day I considered giving up on the game. I used to like GW but now it's a time suck that I hate the most. Just my opinion. Oh & I've kept my Arena team at 23K power (My A-team is about 28K) and I have never gotten lower than ~290 rank in Arena (on purpose). I hope they figure something out soon. Either remove ALL protection from GW. Or have it refresh between nodes. Something. I find nodes 7-9 (especially 9) to be the hardest.
  • Options
    I haven't had much trouble but I have noticed that it has been throwing some harder teams at me and so I have to toss in a sacrificial team or two. Mostly just to get their protection knocked off and level the playing field so to speak. Or to wipe out Dooku...I hate Dooku. The team I use usually all the way through is:
    Lumi
    Barriss (leader)
    JC
    HK
    Yoda 6* if team has a heal blocker
    QGJ if team has no heal blocker

Then my B and C teams will consist of a mix of the following. On the last node I like to play with other characters to see what they can do.
    DS
    Daka
    Vader
    SO
    Rey
    Anakin
    IG86
    Datcha
    Old Ben
    Phasma
    Dooku

But I was watching my friends GW and he lost every single member of his B,C and D teams just to knock off some protection and all he had left was his A team which he tried about 20 different times to rearrange characters and targets. He was unable to beat it. I am all for a challenge but this was ridiculous. And it was only node 7. That is just uncalled for. I think they may have set the difficulty a bit high for the double rewards day?
  • Options
    I cleared 4 gw's today, its still the same to me.
  • dokvader
    30 posts Member
    Options
    getting quite difficult for the last two nodes on my end. cant complain my chars are well below competitive.
  • Galoopa
    123 posts Member
    Options
    I am constantly getting teams 3 or four levels above me fully kitted out by the 7th node. I'm not that high ranked in arena and before the protection update used to be able to finish the GW. Now with the horrible matched I'm getting, seemingly unhittable higher level opponents it's just a frustrating waste of time.
  • Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    @quigonkenny thanks for that thought out response! That's a Poggle by the way not a GS, I'm focussing heavily on Phasma and Barriss at the moment so seems I've got the right idea, once 5's is finished I'll get back on QGJ then, got him at 4 stars so far. That was my biggest prob, spreading my farming early on I think has handicapped me quite badly in most game modes!
    Ah, that sure is Poggle. GS is at the head of my roster, so I automatically saw him without really looking. With him, the others would be a stronger offensive force, and he does give a chance for Ability Block each round (at a lesser chance than Lumi), but you should still get a dedicated DPS. 86 is the easiest to get, since you can farm him like crazy in GW. Same with QGJ in Cantina. GS splits the middle, since he's got a fair amount of speed (though not as much as a QGJ lead), hits like a truck (though not quite as strong as 86), his combo attack has only a 1 turn cooldown (like QGJ), and his crits (which he gets a fair number of) buff his TM, but you have to farm a lot of that 8 energy Cantina node, which means the Cantina cred payout is weak, and he's a bit of a glass cannon, though that's true for the other two as well.
  • Options
    Yep. There are days where I feel like the game has determined that I will not finish galactic war, no matter what. Other days it's easy. On the impossible days I watch as the same EXACT pattern happens over and over for certain battles. I exit before the characters all die so I can go back in and test it. And it attacks the same exact way. They kill the same characters in the same exact order in the same exact way. They always call assists and get 3-4 attacks to my teams 1, while my team seems to not be winning at that roll. I have all 7 star high level and highly equipped characters missing repeatedly (funny how a stunned character can dodge 3 attacks in a row from 3 different level 70+ 7 star characters), or scoring a fraction of the damage they usually do on these type of battles. I showed this to someone earlier today. I told them before the battle started who was gonna attack who, in what order, and what the results would be. And it happened that way. Every time. Yesterday I finished Galactic War using mostly my A team. I brought my B team in once just for giggles. And I sailed through it. Today my toons are stronger, and getting their **** kicked in some non random battles over and over. Feels like playing a carnival game, while the guy steps on the hidden pedal to make sure you lose.
  • Options
    I do have the same problem, the teams i`m facing are usually from n7 on Lv80, g9to 10 : rey, leia, qgj, 5s, rg, dooko, ben, gs. You can imagine how "fun" this is to try to beat them without protection. I`m not sure what EA is thinking giving those teams to face against. Im LV80 and regularly complaining about that in the forum, there is no reaction, exept the standart answer we work on it. In my guild we discuss that dayly, because many lv80 have that problem, too. some don`t because they have barris and rey and leia themselves. i do not have a barris and i think thats my main problem, but we all need the rewards of galactic war. so ea, hurry up, its getting worse every day!!!!