Need help in focusing efforts...thanks in advance

Thus far I have only been playing around trying to get as many characters as I can, not really pushing in any one direction. I have spent about $20 between some starter pack that gave me a Dooku and a couple other characters and then on a crystal pack to have a chance at some other higher level characters, got lucky with pulls, but not stars. Not really looking to spend anymore though, I have enough gaming vices between console and PC, don't need to drop that kind of money on a mobile app...that being said, here are the characters I have amassed so far, in order of power:
Ima-Gun Di 4*
Count Dooku 4*
Darth Sid 4*
Asajj Ventress 3*
Fives 3*
Poe 3*
Cad Bane 3*
Talia 3*
Asoka 3*
JC 3*
Qui-Gon 2*
Other characters: royal guard, jaws, both rebel scout, clone sgt, FO Stormtrooper, snow trooper, FO Tie Pilot, IG-86
Close to unlocking Luke and Phasma, halfway to boba and Luminara.
Looking for any insight onto which direction to take building a team, who i need to focus on leveling, who i should stop wasting time on. You know the typical "HELP ME" post...looking to start doing pvp and pushing harder in GW

Replies

• Options
    I have a 6*Sid/7*Lumi/5*Luke/4*Poe/4*Dooku team right now and it does great. Very balanced. I didn't bother trying to farm Dooku and I'm replacing him but he's great in GW and can carry your team offensively just fine (really helps focus firing Sid out in round 1).

Lumi and Sid are easy farms. I've only dropped $10 and seem to do reasonably well.
  • Options
    Ive been farming Sid in Arena, just switched to Lumi In GW, was working on Fives in Cantina, but how well does Poe work out? I have him but he seems to go down quickly for being a "tank".
  • Options
    Poe is going to die quickly, pretty much no matter what. The best 'tank' I've seen in this game is actually Barriss :p Anyway, his taunt ability is **** sexy, especially with someone who can AoE (like Sid).
  • Options
    No harm in giving it a shot...thanks for the info
  • Options
    Yeah, I think I missed the boat with Poe. Pair him with lumi and 3 strong aoe types. Sure he dies fast but in the mean time your arena opponent's team is a smoking ruin.
  • Options
    I had no idea so many liked him...on another note, with phasma almost unlocked who should i set as a leader?
  • Options
    effdash wrote: »
    Poe is going to die quickly, pretty much no matter what. The best 'tank' I've seen in this game is actually Barriss :p Anyway, his taunt ability is **** sexy, especially with someone who can AoE (like Sid).

I have no idea why you think Poe dies quickly. At 4* max gear level 58 he has almost 10k health (9001+750 gear). His tenacity allows him to gain a decent amount of health back too whenever someone gets a chance at a debuff against him which usually happens at least once before he's dead so you can usually count on the other team needing 11k damage to knock him out. That usually requires 3+ attacks. Even so that's 12k that didn't go against a top damage dealer. And with his expose he's usually taking 3-5k from the other team so it's not like he goes down without helping both sides of the HP ledger.