This team is smoking me in GW, advice please

WalkrCnc
76 posts Member
Node 7 and I'm getting literally crushed. I can't beat it without losing multiple characters, tried it about 10 times using different strategies. Any advice would be much appreciated! Here's the matchup:

7* Sidious (L)
6* Kylo Ren
5* Dooku
5* Phasma
4* Barris
All lvl 70 except 73 for Sidious

I can get Sidious knocked out first or Dooku. Never 2 without losing my A Team.

My A team is:

7* Luminara
7* JC
7* 86
7* Sidious
6* Phasma
All lvl 71

Replies

• Options
    Try using a suicide squad then doing it.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Get a hit squad off your bench and focus on one player with all of them to at least make it a 5 on 4 fight with A team, I use it all the time I always pass GW
  • Options
    I've run into teams very similar to this in my past 2 galactic wars. They have beaten all of my troops plus my jedi A team. Hit the first one on the last node of double day and couldn't beat it
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Use phasma lead

Kill sid first
    After hit kylo when he doesnt have counter buff
    When not hitting kylo, hit phasma
    Kill kylo
    Kill phasma
    Kill dooku
    Leave bariss for last
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    When using 86 special u can hit dooku for an extra free assist hit
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    Send in some low level toons (rank 1-40) and let the other team use all their specials. They will all die but you can then bring in your A team and it will be a LOT easier. I would try to take out Sidious and Kylo first as they are heal blockers. Once they are gone your Lumi and JC can heal again. In arena i would leave Dooku until last but in GW you want to heal before you go to next round so leave Barris until last. Hope that helps :)
  • WalkrCnc
    76 posts Member
    Options
    Usually I don't throw in a hit squad for another 3 nodes. I'd hate to use one this early. Reason being, lately my last 3 nodes are lvl 74's maxed. I will try your all's suggestions and see how it goes. Thank you.

Barris is killing it with the healing through immunity
  • FN2199
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Take Out Sidious. I would assume your Sidious, IG 86 and Advantage can take care of it.

Ability Block Phasma. Use your Phasma to use victory march for crit damage on her. Take her out.

Next is Kylo Ren. If he can counter, skip him and take out Dooku. Yes he counters, but his health and protection is pretty low so it can be a breeze if your cooldowns are refreshed for double hits. Once he's gone and/or Kylo's retribution is gone, attack him with everything you got and ability block him before he dish out his ability again. If your cooldowns need more time and are too afraid to hit dooku hit bariss but try not to kill her.

Save bariss for last. even if she heals.

If everything doesn't work out, use another team to force the team to use all their abilities or reset the attack pattern by switching your leader to phasma or sidious, and possibly back to lumi to change the situation if it still doesn't workout. You may need a taunt character to take all the hits to keep the ones you like.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    WalkrCnc wrote: »
    Usually I don't throw in a hit squad for another 3 nodes. I'd hate to use one this early. Reason being, lately my last 3 nodes are lvl 74's maxed. I will try your all's suggestions and see how it goes. Thank you.

Barris is killing it with the healing through immunity
    Understood but if you're not even going to make it further might need to break them out early in order to move on.

• M31Andro
    253 posts Member
    Options
    WalkrCnc wrote: »
    Node 7 and I'm getting literally crushed. I can't beat it without losing multiple characters, tried it about 10 times using different strategies. Any advice would be much appreciated! Here's the matchup:

7* Sidious (L)
    6* Kylo Ren
    5* Dooku
    5* Phasma
    4* Barris
    All lvl 70 except 73 for Sidious

I can get Sidious knocked out first or Dooku. Never 2 without losing my A Team.

My A team is:

7* Luminara
    7* JC
    7* 86
    7* Sidious
    6* Phasma
    All lvl 71

Plus, make Phasma your lead for the extra hits. Everyone else already gave you the order to kill and suicide team advice.
  • CountTucu
    62 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Try using a tank to draw damage. And concentrate first on sidious, then kylo/phasma. Leave Barris for last.

Sometimes changing your squad/strategy radically can give you very good results in GW.
  • WalkrCnc
    76 posts Member
    Options
    Well, I finally beat it without losing a character! Swapped out Sidious with RG and each character had full health at the end. Usually in GW I'll use Luminara as lead for evasion/healing, so I swapped her lead with Phasma.

Took out Sid first, Dooku (who was stunned 3 times), Kylo, then Phasma.

Thank you all for the help!
  • PugVader
    438 posts Member
    Options
    Move your toons around to different positions and see what works. That makes a huge difference in the outcome of the match.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I know your finished now but some of the advice here was bad.

Never use a suicide team against Phasma unless your sure you can last two rounds. She starts off with her AOE instead of victory march. Victory march is way more dangerous first turn. On that team above I would kill Phasma first as no one on the team does damage until Phasma gives everyone crits
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Was gonna say.
    Two healers only goes so far.
    After you can't progress, drop jc like a bad habit and put in a tank.

You don't need two healers for GW anymore, in general. When u get the other team down to 2 or 3 toons pop your lumi heal and drag out the rest of the match. Jc should be on your B team. Lumi heal is all u need, when you have two sparring dummies like barisse and phasma to finish on.

I would take sid first then kylo and ducks. Leave phasma and barisse = easy full heal and recharged abilities. Phasma is a great punching bag for a lot of turns when she has no one to buff.

Reason for sid first is not only heal immunity. It is his dodge chance against jedi. So if you whiff 3 out of your first 4 attacks, retreat and try again.
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    Options
    do u have RG lvled up? u can try using him and stun them
  • Caner67
    10 posts Member
    Options
    farm daka.
  • Arim74
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Node 7 GW was a heck off a job for me to.
    I faced Sidious, GQJ, Luke, Phasma and Lumi.
    I tried about 10 times in diffrent squads and strategy and everytime I lost minimal 1 char. Sometimes 2.
    Then finally I desided to give up my 7* Han, so the rest of my A squad would survive this nod.
    Suprisingly I then got through it without losing anyone. Even Han survived with full health at the end.
    I later finished GW node 12 with a B squad, while my A squad benched to finish the job if the B squad wouldn't.
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    get rid of JC and replace him with RG. even at 3 or 4 star he is better than JC

phasma lead is better than lumi lead. evasion only good when AI controls it, whereas Phasma bonus assist can come in quite handy

stun/ability block Kylo so he doesn't get retribution buff
    burn sid
    kill kylo
    kill dooku (use RG to stun avoiding counters or make sure you attack him with a lumi heal active)
    kill phasma
    kill barriss

remember it is very important to keep heal immunity under control in GW. sometimes I will even target Kylo before Sid since Kylo seems to land heal immunity more than Sid, also Sid's first attack is usually his AoE

job done

if you still struggle for some reason then, use a suicide squad and burn their protection at minimum. then send A team and IG86 should be able to finish off sid in 1 assist hit then burn kylo
  • Daezl
    177 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Was gonna say.
    Two healers only goes so far.
    After you can't progress, drop jc like a bad habit and put in a tank.

You don't need two healers for GW anymore, in general. When u get the other team down to 2 or 3 toons pop your lumi heal and drag out the rest of the match. Jc should be on your B team. Lumi heal is all u need, when you have two sparring dummies like barisse and phasma to finish on.

Have to disagree. I run Bariss (L), Lumi, Daka, GS, and QGJ and have yet to fail a GW since adopting that team. Rarely even use a suicide squad and usually no more than a couple of retreats.
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    Suicide squad first. If it's still an issue after suicide squad, switch Sid with a tank with a taunt.
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options
    Wait to you get what I got this morning. Rg, storm trooper Han, gs, qgj, and Rey. All level 77 and all 7 star but Rg and gs who were 6 star. Totally destroyed my a team consisting of Rg, Rey, gs, lumi, and qgj. I was only able to kill Han my first attack which made my second attack pretty easy. Still beat gw, but that's a team that I would stay away from in arena. Way too much taunts and dos.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The way you beat RG/ST Han is target DPS to trigger RGs taunt, St Han taunts, target RG until QG goes to dispel Hans taunt. Han is now useless and can be ignored. It's a free space on the bingo card. I love fighting RG/Han teams.

Your Rey hits their Rey, your GS kills their Rey or if Rey gets foresight you kill their QG instead triggering RGs taunt. QG hits RG instead of dispelling so you don't get stuck hitting Han
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    As others said use Phasma (L)

Kill Kylo 1st before he gets counter.
    Then: Sid
    Phasma
    Barriss / Dooku

If you go after Dooku with Barriss still alive & she gets off a heal it can be painful. If she's used her heal & is in cooldown absolutely burn down Dooku before her. OR hit Barriss a couple times to line up 86's assist call & pop his annoying azz. OR (ha) if she just took a turn you can kill him before she gets another turn.
    For future planning, as mentioned above, stun Dooku. Daka's secondary stun chance off her basic is RNG reliant but you don't have to touch him for a potential stun with Daka. And she's easier to farm than RG
    Edit: If you unlock Cantina 7c you can farm both Daka & RG at the same time.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    Options
    i would kill Sidous then barris then Phasma but that is just me
  • garublador
    915 posts Member
    Options
    You may not have the toons, but if it were me I'd use Daka, Yoda, Barriss, JC and some damage dealer or Lumi. BM at the beginning to keep Kylo and Sid from applying their heal block and Phasma from slowing me down. Once you get rid of Sid and Kylo you just need a good stun on Dooku. He'll go down quick that way. Phasma and Barris will give you a ton of time to heal up and reset cooldowns.