Defence/Armor and what they should do with it.

SpaceDog
42 posts Member
edited May 2016
When protection was put in, we were told that defence would play a larger role. However in my opinion it didn't change aside from toons having a larger number of points before dead (protection + health). So in your opinion what should be done with defence/Armor. (Many toons leader abilities say increases defence by X amount yet the stat is called Armor, this too could be fixed)

Defence/Armor and what they should do with it. 22 votes

Make the Armor stat more effective x2 or x3 even
13%
CharlesbusaSpaceDogrenato4571 3 votes
Make Armor reduce damage by a % instead of 1 for 1
68%
T0mmyB23EricsonXMegadeth3700Darken26PyroPuffNoSpoilEebersTrevorBonesEventineElessedilzaerivladBiny_bombaDjuKhanSkiratabhtrumpcc07 15 votes
It's fine the way it is.
13%
TimitockMerulaCoris 3 votes
Armor is OP now, nerf it!
0%
I don't care/ doesn't effect me I don't use Armor.
4%
Zulssluz 1 vote

Replies

• Options
    I'd love to see Chewy be great, but until his defense buffs actually mean something, he's just middling
  • SpaceDog
    42 posts Member
    Options
    @Charlesbusa
    I agree completely. Even the defence up and defence down rarely make a difference in a fight. If the Armor stat was buffed and then add defence up from Chewie, you could make an argument for him and other defence up leaders.
  • Options
    Make Armor reduce damage by a % instead of 1 for 1
    Armor and defense still seem mostly unimportant, but defense up does seem to help a little.
  • Push2Stops
    489 posts Member
    Options
    I think Leader abilities should be changed to increase Protection while triggered Def. up abilities should heal Protection.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • SpaceDog
    42 posts Member
    Options
    Push2Stops wrote: »
    I think Leader abilities should be changed to increase Protection while triggered Def. up abilities should heal Protection.

That's an amazing idea!
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Armor, Defense Up and Defense Down need some sort of improvement.
    Right now, Defense Up is a liability when facing QGJ and Defense Down is only useful for providing a debuff that certain heroes can exploit (Vader, Resistance Trooper, etc). Defense Up should reduce incoming damage by 50% in the same way that Offense Up increases damage dealt by 50%. Defense Down should increase incoming damage by 50%.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • SpaceDog
    42 posts Member
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    Armor, Defense Up and Defense Down need some sort of improvement.
    Right now, Defense Up is a liability when facing QGJ and Defense Down is only useful for providing a debuff that certain heroes can exploit (Vader, Resistance Trooper, etc). Defense Up should reduce incoming damage by 50% in the same way that Offense Up increases damage dealt by 50%. Defense Down should increase incoming damage by 50%.

+1 also a good point when comparing offense/defence up/down. Clearly changes are needed for Armor/defence.
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    above all else, they should just tell us how's armour calculated, whats the math, how do dmg and armour interact