Galactic War Post Morning Update (Merged Thread)

124Next

Replies

• Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I don't see this as a positive change, personally. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds confusing and difficult to plan for.

Well you're wrong, but OK. Nice job trying it before posting. All of the best opinions come from ignorance.

I have guildmates and I've read reports on this forum and the reddit.
    This is called "observational learning" and I highly recommend it.
    I did specifically disclaim that I hadn't tried it. But on paper I don't like the idea. Each new fight should be a new fight, and I don't want Barriss going before Dooku because she just happened to have been next up in the previous node.
    It sounds like a bug, it has an obvious cause, it was not in the patch notes, and all of this points to the high likelihood that it will be reverted.

I just read that thread and seems everyone likes it and thinks it's easier...

I don't like it, ruins the pattern of battles. GW was never hard for me. Now it's just messy
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    RU486 wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »
    typical, people are asking for a break on GW and instead they make it harder lol im now facing RG teams from node 1! NODE 1!!!

In before someone posts about using better strategy and knowing how to properly use healers because they were able to do GW in less than 30 minutes because they have a 31k power arena team.
    And they auto played the whole thing

Yup, I go 31.5k arena power, beat GW in 30 min with Barris lead QGJ, Yoda, Lumi, JC. Auto battle with target manipulation until node 8 or 9 then play the last few battles.

Galacticsnore. Galacticbore. Galacticchore
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    OMG I was SO WRONG! GW is much much harder now! I must have been paired up with easy opponents the first time. No...this is ten times worse, change it back please! To everyone attempting gw tonight and not having 15-20 guys on the bench: please DO NOT use suicide squads against tough teams. Those will get to go twice against you and you won't be able to finish it!

At the end i faced a team with Omega Fives in it. I killed everyone else, they killed my RG tho. So i only had 4 people left on the bench that were 6* gear 8 or higher. Poggle 7* gear 9 full health, Sidious 6* gear 8 max health max fort, Mace Windu 7* max health max fort, Eeth Koth 7* max health max fort. I BARELY won against the CT 5s and that's only because Eeth Koth stunned him once and Mace exposed him at the end. Mace Windu was in yellow and he was the only one left. CT 5s in GW is a nightmare!

Also the AI gotten much better somehow, you should see Asajj dispeling now! Nightmare!

Bottom line is...you cannot use suicide squads and it is much much harder! Change it back please!

Reading all your back and forth post with everyone defending it only to end up on this. I loled pretty good :)
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Arena TM is messy now also.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    In before someone posts about using better strategy and knowing how to properly use healers because they were able to do GW in less than 30 minutes because they have a 31k power arena team.

I deliberately level my guys in a balanced manner so my arena team doesn't seriously outpace my overall squad. This prevents GW from ever becoming a nightmare, but also means I can't be a top 10 competitor in arena.
    Seems a reasonable trade-off to me.

It's not a roster size issue or a pure difficulty issue. It's a "takes for-&$%#-ever because of fighting 7+ nodes of rank 1 arena teams which have full protection with ragged out toons" issue. I could have yoyoyoda's roster and it wouldn't go any faster.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    OMG I was SO WRONG! GW is much much harder now! I must have been paired up with easy opponents the first time. No...this is ten times worse, change it back please! To everyone attempting gw tonight and not having 15-20 guys on the bench: please DO NOT use suicide squads against tough teams. Those will get to go twice against you and you won't be able to finish it!

At the end i faced a team with Omega Fives in it. I killed everyone else, they killed my RG tho. So i only had 4 people left on the bench that were 6* gear 8 or higher. Poggle 7* gear 9 full health, Sidious 6* gear 8 max health max fort, Mace Windu 7* max health max fort, Eeth Koth 7* max health max fort. I BARELY won against the CT 5s and that's only because Eeth Koth stunned him once and Mace exposed him at the end. Mace Windu was in yellow and he was the only one left. CT 5s in GW is a nightmare!

Also the AI gotten much better somehow, you should see Asajj dispeling now! Nightmare!

Bottom line is...you cannot use suicide squads and it is much much harder! Change it back please!

Reading all your back and forth post with everyone defending it only to end up on this. I loled pretty good :)

Lol! Well it was much easier the first time and brutal the second time. My opinion may change for a 3rd time tonight. :smile: It's like this in the beginning...
  • Options
    I love it it's the most amazing thing to happen to GW and kept me from quitting the game.

I just assumed in typical fashion they failed to mention it in the update notes.

I'm pretty bummed that it's a bug.
  • Options
    This gives Darth Maul a buff whenever he kills the last enemy on a node, since he gets full TM with the kill. I'm totally OK with that.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I'm fine with this change. I also noticed Barriss has a big old bullseye on her back.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....