Galactic War Post Morning Update (Merged Thread)

Replies

• Padob
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Guys, it is easier not because you save TM, but because the AI start with NO TM...
  • Options
    I already started gw today. I assume the new changes haven't taken effect
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Padob wrote: »
    Guys, it is easier not because you save TM, but because the AI start with NO TM...

This was exactly what i felt too! :smile:
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »
    In before someone posts about using better strategy and knowing how to properly use healers because they were able to do GW in less than 30 minutes because they have a 31k power arena team.

I deliberately level my guys in a balanced manner so my arena team doesn't seriously outpace my overall squad. This prevents GW from ever becoming a nightmare, but also means I can't be a top 10 competitor in arena.
    Seems a reasonable trade-off to me.

Same idea here, as best as I can stick to it, and it works pretty well. It's getting harder to keep up with the credit ramping though approaching lvl80.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    I really don't see how this could be detrimental, unless you run a very specific team that relies on getting a very specific buff before an attack. The Phasma-Lando combo comes to mind, but besides that, you only get a nice TM boost in the beginning of the encounter, so it's really a nice bonus. Your Ventress will still be able to dispell after the enemy first turn, she just had the opportunity to attack once before.
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Options
    I just noticed that the enemy TM is very low when the battle starts BUT, if I change my squad out (needed suicide team) the TM resets on both sides.
  • Options
    Yeah same here, AI seem to start with no TM. They made gw easier :)
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah same here, AI seem to start with no TM. They made gw easier :)

Until you need to swap out your team. When I sent a suicide squad in both TM's reset to normal. When I sent in my fresh squad after the suicide team the other sides TM was reset to normal. That is how it used to be. Up until that point is what a little easier once I got used to it.
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Options
    Until you face a team that is really hard, so you put in a suicide squad, only to come back with a stronger team next, and now the enemy team has their whole turn meter. It works both ways if you guys haven't checked yet.

I don't have a problem facing GW, but this will cause problems for other people. This needs to be fixed.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    My GW/Jedi squad that normally just lasts ~9-10 nodes made it through all 12 today. It's pretty easy when you can save someone like Luminara's heal and instead of firing it final turn to get back to 100% have a guarantee that you can fire it first turn next round. Get max health plus keep the healing going.

There were some more challenging matches early. Looks like instead of a mix of GW/Arena teams it's only pulling arena teams today.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Apostilo wrote: »
    Sikho wrote: »
    Yes I noted that too, found it weird to have my RG attacks first.
    Can't say it's a bad thing, as it only benefits you and not the AI.

It's a bad thing if you run a speed team and you expect certain characters to go first.

Your fast speed characters still go first , before the enemy always . Only now your slow characters save their turnmeters from previous fight and if they were almost full they go next battle before your fast characters and after this your fast characters come to turn and after this the enemy do ... so in some battles your whole team goes first before the enemy team no matter how slow unit you have . There is not a single bad side of this new situation :) The question is .. for how long ?

This. The opponents turn meters are starting at zero and our turn meters carry over. I think it actually makes sense since everything else (Health, Cooldowns, etc.) persist from node to node if you don't change your team. I kinda hope it stays this way because it does speed up GW. Of course there are going to be those who don't like it but in my only time through after this change, it was much quicker and easier.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    Had the easiest GW ever last night. I don't mind this.
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options
    typical, people are asking for a break on GW and instead they make it harder lol im now facing RG teams from node 1! NODE 1!!!

A 5 star level 63 Rg is giving you troubles?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Bones wrote: »
    Until you face a team that is really hard, so you put in a suicide squad, only to come back with a stronger team next, and now the enemy team has their whole turn meter. It works both ways if you guys haven't checked yet.

I don't have a problem facing GW, but this will cause problems for other people. This needs to be fixed.

Suicide teams? What are those? Not for this version of GW...
  • Options

This is not true, for me at least. At node 9, QGJ leading Jedi, I'm starting with NO TM and the opposing team is consistently getting 8-9 attacks on me right out of the gate.

Sid, Kylo and Vader are making sure I start with heal immunity and massive DoTs on my entire team. Every reset. Regardless of leader switch. It's brutal.
  • Options
    [
    RAYRAY wrote: »

It's a bad thing if you run a speed team and you expect certain characters to go first.

Your fast speed characters still go first , before the enemy always . Only now your slow characters save their turnmeters from previous fight and if they were almost full they go next battle before your fast characters and after this your fast characters come to turn and after this the enemy do ... so in some battles your whole team goes first before the enemy team no matter how slow unit you have . There is not a single bad side of this new situation :) The question is .. for how long ?

This. The opponents turn meters are starting at zero and our turn meters carry over. I think it actually makes sense since everything else (Health, Cooldowns, etc.) persist from node to node if you don't change your team. I kinda hope it stays this way because it does speed up GW. Of course there are going to be those who don't like it but in my only time through after this change, it was much quicker and easier.

No, my 168 speed QGJ went after the enemy's Dooku on one node. There is something else at play. We need this acknowledged and documented first and foremost...
  • Options
    So much easier now that we carry over TM from last encounter, only needed to sub in one healer in the last half of GW.

Also anyone else notice ai improvements, I was finding when I got Forsight up on everyone that the ai held off on using aoe.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    So much easier now that we carry over TM from last encounter, only needed to sub in one healer in the last half of GW.

Also anyone else notice ai improvements, I was finding when I got Forsight up on everyone that the ai held off on using aoe.

Yes i did! Enemy Old Ben did not cast his ability block until my Yoda tenacity up expired! Yoda's AI was better, if that's even possible! Also my Jedi Consular got pounded even more than usual.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

This is not true, for me at least. At node 9, QGJ leading Jedi, I'm starting with NO TM and the opposing team is consistently getting 8-9 attacks on me right out of the gate.

Sid, Kylo and Vader are making sure I start with heal immunity and massive DoTs on my entire team. Every reset. Regardless of leader switch. It's brutal.

That's when you put suicide squad in how do you not see this?
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »

Why would you assume I hadn't already done that multiple times, until I'm down to my last five?

This is new, and broken. Like others reported, and it started after my first Team A/B/C switch around node 6. I have never encountered a circumstance where any team got 8 attacks before QGJ lead.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    [

No, my 168 speed QGJ went after the enemy's Dooku on one node. There is something else at play. We need this acknowledged and documented first and foremost...

Was this after you sent in a suicide squad for the team with dooku? If so your QGJ would start with Zero if he came in fresh after a suicide squatd and dooku would have some turn meter already.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Chapel
    34 posts Member
    Options

This.

I'm getting off like 3 or 4 shots off before the computer even moves. Quit complaining, GW is waaaaay easier now. Finished it with 1 team in less than 30 min.
  • Options
    [

Was this after you sent in a suicide squad for the team with dooku? If so your QGJ would start with Zero if he came in fresh after a suicide squatd and dooku would have some turn meter already.

I'm not sure tbh. Possible, but it would be great to have changes documented. Ah well, will test more tomorrow...
  • Chapel
    34 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Also, if you're subbing in people, they start off with less turn meter than the computer. That's why if you can keep your first team alive it's a huge advantage by having so much more turn meter at the beginning of the fight.

Usually, I get 1 shot with QGJ to hit Sideous before he can hit me with his aoe or with his heal immunity. Now my whole team get's an entire turn to take him out before he even moves.

But if you sub in people, the computer will have an entire team almost go before your B team with no turn meter.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »

Why would you assume I hadn't already done that multiple times, until I'm down to my last five?

This is new, and broken. Like others reported, and it started after my first Team A/B/C switch around node 6. I have never encountered a circumstance where any team got 8 attacks before QGJ lead.

If you sent multiple suicide squads in you messed up bad!
  • Options

They seemed to really focus on Barriss after the update. They were pounding on her mercilessly on a few nodes. I also noticed they held off on AOE when I brought in Yoda.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    OMG I was SO WRONG! GW is much much harder now! I must have been paired up with easy opponents the first time. No...this is ten times worse, change it back please! To everyone attempting gw tonight and not having 15-20 guys on the bench: please DO NOT use suicide squads against tough teams. Those will get to go twice against you and you won't be able to finish it!

At the end i faced a team with Omega Fives in it. I killed everyone else, they killed my RG tho. So i only had 4 people left on the bench that were 6* gear 8 or higher. Poggle 7* gear 9 full health, Sidious 6* gear 8 max health max fort, Mace Windu 7* max health max fort, Eeth Koth 7* max health max fort. I BARELY won against the CT 5s and that's only because Eeth Koth stunned him once and Mace exposed him at the end. Mace Windu was in yellow and he was the only one left. CT 5s in GW is a nightmare!

Also the AI gotten much better somehow, you should see Asajj dispeling now! Nightmare!

Bottom line is...you cannot use suicide squads and it is much much harder! Change it back please!
  • Lambi
    473 posts Member
    Options
    Speed is still the same. GW changed to a form of how HP works. The same ordering as from the start of the game will last in sequential to the end as if there was no reset. Basically your next node is a continuation of the previous node as far as order in which characters go.
  • Options
    The turn meters are not resetting. Just like abilities, health, and protection. Seems to work as intended. The point of GW is to challenge you in a survival type atmosphere.

I hope they get rid of the ability to completely restart a match by retreating. If a toon dies, they should be out. Not just reset the match and do it again.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    I see this as a huge problem. I rely on Dooku going first to stun. This is another player nerf and I hope it's reverted

@President_Scroob it's a bug, it will be fixed.