Galactic War Post Morning Update (Merged Thread)

Replies

• Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I don't see this as a positive change, personally. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds confusing and difficult to plan for.

Well you're wrong, but OK. Nice job trying it before posting. All of the best opinions come from ignorance.

I have guildmates and I've read reports on this forum and the reddit.
    This is called "observational learning" and I highly recommend it.
    I did specifically disclaim that I hadn't tried it. But on paper I don't like the idea. Each new fight should be a new fight, and I don't want Barriss going before Dooku because she just happened to have been next up in the previous node.
    It sounds like a bug, it has an obvious cause, it was not in the patch notes, and all of this points to the high likelihood that it will be reverted.

I just read that thread and seems everyone likes it and thinks it's easier...

I'm glad you can see that others like something so you don't try to formulate your own thoughts on the matter but are just spoon-fed them.

@Qeltar When I saw first reports of this bug being reported last night, I was similarly cautious about this making GW harder but when I did get a chance to try out GW, it turns out it can only ever favor you. I agree with you that it's likely just a bug and will be out of the game soon.
  • Options
    I am half way through gw. I am not sure if it is easier or harder. But it is different. It will take a week or so to know if it is easier or harder due to the random nature of gw.

The 'turns' on who goes first are behaving exactly the way they are, when you do single player battles. But only in your favor. :smile:

No. Not in my favor. I want my slow healers to go after the enemy' opening attack. I just had a very hard round where my healers went first then the enemy's fast toons then my fast toons and then enemy's slow toons. I could not get a heal in when needed due to turn meter changes.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @KamikazeRhombus The second it happened i was like wth how am i doing this now and then 'oh man this is so much better' lol.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    No. Not in my favor. I want my slow healers to go after the enemy' opening attack. I just had a very hard round where my healers went first then the enemy's fast toons then my fast toons and then enemy's slow toons. I could not get a heal in when needed due to turn meter changes.

Right. Many characters are designed to go at a particular time. Example, the devs have specifically said that Ventress was made slow so she would have more chance to use her self-buffs and cooldown-resetting AoE.
    Or a droid team. I like to put my droids in late to take out a tough node. What is supposed to happen is: Poggle buff, Poe taunt, IG-88 AoE. Now that will only happen if I make sure not to use any of those guys in any previous node.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I am half way through gw. I am not sure if it is easier or harder. But it is different. It will take a week or so to know if it is easier or harder due to the random nature of gw.

The 'turns' on who goes first are behaving exactly the way they are, when you do single player battles. But only in your favor. :smile:

Strange...so you didn't complete it then?
  • Options
    I won that battle. But it was far harder than it would have been under the old turn meter system.

Overall this sytem may be easier as some are claiming. But it is too soon to tell and there are some ways in which the new system is harder
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I won that battle. But it was far harder than it would have been under the old turn meter system.

Overall this sytem may be easier as some are claiming. But it is too soon to tell and there are some ways in which the new system is harder

I agree. They should just leave it for a week so we have time to test it properly. :smiley:
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    I think Starting turn meter is not resetting each node.
  • Options
    I see this as a huge problem. I rely on Dooku going first to stun. This is another player nerf and I hope it's reverted
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I see this as a huge problem. I rely on Dooku going first to stun. This is another player nerf and I hope it's reverted

OMG you are complaining about Old Ben in one thread and in another you state that you are using Dooku?
  • Options
    It's not just the GW the last tiers of the challenges have been changed as well
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Ignore the knuckledragger troll. Back on topic.

• Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not really a nerf. It does create inconsistency. Darth Maul could go first in your second node if timed right, and go again soon with phasma.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

Well, not to take sides but you can't complain about Old Ben and be OK with Dooku with regards to evasion lead topics.

Now back on topic. GW for me this morning felt a little easier. I used the same team through the first 7 nodes and nodes 8-12 I had to change things up a bit. The turn meter carrying over from node to node did make it feel more natural and a little faster.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Chun
    52 posts Member
    Options
    It looks like your turn meter continues from the previous battle, so if in the last QGJ went last, he won't go before dooku in the next stage. But I agree it should be a fresh fight each time, except health ofc
  • Dal_Zuba
    189 posts Member
    Options
    Noticed the same thing today in GW, TM not resetting after each battle.
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    typical, people are asking for a break on GW and instead they make it harder lol im now facing RG teams from node 1! NODE 1!!!
  • Austiin
    15 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Alright so today I started doing my GW and I noticed the enemy was gaining little turn meter. I also noticed that I have random toons going before faster toons. I had IG-88 go BEFORE a yoda with qui gonn lead... As you can see in this picture, 88 went before anyone else including poggle who is 142 speed. https://imgur.com/a/Aw0NH
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    typical, people are asking for a break on GW and instead they make it harder lol im now facing RG teams from node 1! NODE 1!!!

In before someone posts about using better strategy and knowing how to properly use healers because they were able to do GW in less than 30 minutes because they have a 31k power arena team.
  • twist
    68 posts Member
    Options
    They made the tm from the previous fight remain for the next one
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

In before someone posts about using better strategy and knowing how to properly use healers because they were able to do GW in less than 30 minutes because they have a 31k power arena team.

yeah those people make me LOL they probably have arena team with 20K power, i'd like to see what they think about GW when they are facing Gear 9/10/11 teams with RG,Rey,Dooku in every fight

I literally have almost 30 7* characters that are gear 8/9 and im having a hard time beating GW, I beat it everyday but some days it can take over 2 hours, when you have to use a whole team to pretty much just take out a maxed out RG it kind of burns through your bench quickly

if someone faces the teams I face and says they can beat GW in 30 minutes, Id really like to know their roster and arena power
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    twist wrote: »
    They made the tm from the previous fight remain for the next one

Is that a thing now? Or is it a glitch? Cause last night I came up against a good looking droid team with Poe. But Poe didn't taunt for 2-3 turns and by then I had 86 down and 88 almost out. I had never seen that before but your explanation makes sense as the most likely answer. But is that an adjustment they've made going forward or a glitch?

As far as how it affects GW, last night I had by far the easiest run I've had in weeks. Didn't loose any toons until the 11th node. We'll see tonight.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options

I deliberately level my guys in a balanced manner so my arena team doesn't seriously outpace my overall squad. This prevents GW from ever becoming a nightmare, but also means I can't be a top 10 competitor in arena.
    Seems a reasonable trade-off to me.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Well, not to take sides but you can't complain about Old Ben and be OK with Dooku with regards to evasion lead topics.

Now back on topic. GW for me this morning felt a little easier. I used the same team through the first 7 nodes and nodes 8-12 I had to change things up a bit. The turn meter carrying over from node to node did make it feel more natural and a little faster.

I dont,use Dooku lead in gw. I use him for stun. Lumi is lead. I don't use him,lead or at all in arena
  • HK47_1974
    65 posts Member
    Options
    +1 on the turn meter for GW carrying over today. My Finn actually went first once. First! Ha ha. It didn't really make it harder, just different.
  • Options
    Mine is as hard as ever. Looking at omega daka on node 7
  • Apostilo
    137 posts Member
    Options
    Sikho wrote: »
    Yes I noted that too, found it weird to have my RG attacks first.
    Can't say it's a bad thing, as it only benefits you and not the AI.

It's a bad thing if you run a speed team and you expect certain characters to go first.

Your fast speed characters still go first , before the enemy always . Only now your slow characters save their turnmeters from previous fight and if they were almost full they go next battle before your fast characters and after this your fast characters come to turn and after this the enemy do ... so in some battles your whole team goes first before the enemy team no matter how slow unit you have . There is not a single bad side of this new situation :) The question is .. for how long ?
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options

And they auto played the whole thing

• Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Good lord! Like I said the Devs just simply do not put in the time.
  • Padob
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Guys, it is easier not because you save TM, but because the AI start with NO TM...