Nerf this, nerf that

Replies

• jeremyj26
    783 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    Nerf or not, the Devs shouldn't have lied to us when they said they were going to nerf fast, powerful toons.

Technically they didn't lie, her damage was reduced.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Every time a toon gets nerfed, people go angry about it and EA/CG loses customers. Especially now they made Rey farmable for everyone through cantina shipments.

Every time they boost another toon instead of nerf, nobody will lose their mind but enjoy the new possibilities this brings.
    Nerf 1 and meta will shift to a diff meta.
    Iow nerfing is not an answer, boosting other toons is.

Take Rey out of the equasion and GS or Leia will take over.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Sikho wrote: »
    This was all sarcasm. I did not seriously suggest to remove arena.

Whatever man.. I know that people who play this game understood it very well on how important the arena is.. That's the heart of the game. Whether you are joking or not, I know there are lots of people who will quit all together if this is implemented

P/s sarcasm is not well taken.. Sorry bro, but i just have too..
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    It has always happened like that. Why would it change now? They even made the grind heavier, this will only enforce a static meta. The only way it changes is through wide game changes. I don't really understand what you mean. The game doesn't evolve without EA/CG. We evolve our rosters, but that's not the same thing as the
    game.
    I guess you meant the meta? Maybe on the very long term (we're talking months here), but even then, it's not very likely. As it was proven in the past.

huh? so asking for nerfs, getting them, will actually enforce a static meta ?
    and i still dont get what you are trying to say about rey...

Your point = We don't need nerfs, because the players can make the meta evolve by themselves.

My point = We need nerfs (EA/CG action), because if they don't act, the meta remains static, as proven in the past.

Hope it's clear now.

Where did i state that we dont need nerfs from ea/gc ? I wasnt around at the time of the poe meta, but i heard a nerf was really a must back then. Adding protection was a good thing, i never said it wasnt. In some cases a nerf is needed. This thread however is about the sheer amount of unvalid nerf requests. I brought up the natural evolving of the game because for example some of the toons might be "OP" at this point, but will decrease in value once alot of players reach the lvl cap.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    It has always happened like that. Why would it change now? They even made the grind heavier, this will only enforce a static meta. The only way it changes is through wide game changes. I don't really understand what you mean. The game doesn't evolve without EA/CG. We evolve our rosters, but that's not the same thing as the
    game.
    I guess you meant the meta? Maybe on the very long term (we're talking months here), but even then, it's not very likely. As it was proven in the past.

huh? so asking for nerfs, getting them, will actually enforce a static meta ?
    and i still dont get what you are trying to say about rey...

Your point = We don't need nerfs, because the players can make the meta evolve by themselves.

My point = We need nerfs (EA/CG action), because if they don't act, the meta remains static, as proven in the past.

Hope it's clear now.

Where did i state that we dont need nerfs from ea/gc ? I wasnt around at the time of the poe meta, but i heard a nerf was really a must back then. Adding protection was a good thing, i never said it wasnt. In some cases a nerf is needed. This thread however is about the sheer amount of unvalid nerf requests. I brought up the natural evolving of the game because for example some of the toons might be "OP" at this point, but will decrease in value once alot of players reach the lvl cap.

Me neither, but yes Poe was needed from what i heard. Dooku pre-fortitude too imo. The dodge was only mitigated by fortitude and now it's tolerable. What's funny is that i suspect soon everybody will run Dooku/Old Ben to kill the 250k hp+fortitude teams that somehow also hit like trucks! Barriss and QGJ did not need any nerfs even pre-fortitude.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    I'll just say one more thing:
    During Poe meta it was a coin flip
    Now with Rey it's far from a coin flip.
    Only Fives is far from a coin flip.

There are no more coin flips since the coming of protection.
    Daka can double stun for 3 turns in a row and you can still win a game.
    Rey can 1 shot one of your toons and still lose the game.

Nerfs were a must pre protection in the OHKO meta. Now it is less needed and other toons need to become viable.
    Also Rey got nerfed latest update. Also she still doesn't 1 shot anyone but maybe Sid and low gear Dooku.

Every other current toon doesn't die in a single blow (from full hp and prot). Fives takes me 6 rey turns with help to kill. 1 on 1 fives will still kill Rey so why does she needs to be nerfed again?

• Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    jeremyj26 wrote: »
    Nerf or not, the Devs shouldn't have lied to us when they said they were going to nerf fast, powerful toons.

Relative to everyone else, it wasn't. Relatively is all that matters.
  • Options

Whatever man.. I know that people who play this game understood it very well on how important the arena is.. That's the heart of the game. Whether you are joking or not, I know there are lots of people who will quit all together if this is implemented

Cmon, @Sikho, you know the forum doesn't like sarcasm.

And Arena is only for those who care about rank. Rewards are only good one you crack top 5. Galactic Wars is the heart is the game. That's the real challenge. That's where you need character development.
  • Options
    I thought some characters deserved nerfs, but after reading your post, I realize that I was wrong all along. I would like to apologize for all I said previously.

You're right. We shouldn't be allowed to call for nerfs.

I'm sorry for all the complaints I made. I'm just going to shrug it off, and enjoy my 10-characters meta.

After all, why would we try to make the game diverse? It's much better to all have the same characters. Actually, I think we should even limit the game to the meta toons, so people don't waste resources on useless characters. It's for the greater good after all.

We should also remove arena! Right now, it only causes problems. Let's make this game PvE exclusive, that way, there won't be any people complaining!

I agree with all of you! Change is scary, and it has been proven, change never brings anything good.
    A static environment where things are always the same is much better. Yay!

Let's make fun of people circlejerking! They all ask for nerfs, haha those newbs should learn to play! We, the people who know better and have all the current meta toons, know better!

This is so much fun to face the same arena teams every single fight, there's no surprise, no excitement, it's just a RNG show! I'm so glad I don't have to put any thought into this game haha. Imagine if we had to create different strategies and adjust our teams to actually beat different opponents! Looooooool dude, that'd be so boring.

Thanks for opening my eyes dude! You really put things into perspective!

The minute I saw you post I knew the thread would turn to doodles... All you have ever done is complain, from your first post to the last! Most of your posts are pure crybaby. At least CronozNL contributes something. You just complain...

Sorry but I lost interest in this *cough*cry baby*cough* persons opinions long, long, looooooooooooong time ago!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Fives takes me 6 rey turns with help to kill. 1 on 1 fives will still kill Rey so why does she needs to be nerfed again?

Because we are imagining 'metas' that aren't even there that's why. And because we are still living pre-fortitude. And because we be mirin at the fact that gear 10 Rey can 1 shot our gear 8 Dooku/QGJ - at least i think she can if she hits that is.

Think about it, if everyone on a shard would farm QGJ by accident, won't he be meta to the guy that doesn't have him? That's whats happening in the case of Sikho too. He said he has 'no problem' with QGJ in offense, yet he wants it nerfed because 'he is everywhere'. Logic. Maybe IT TAKES 3 MONTHS to get a character to 7* from cantina! Maybe just maybe he is not OP but the only option available! Maybe i want to play him no matter what because i like him and he is Liam Neeson. As long as i can beat it, i cannot make false assumptions and speculate that QGJ is meta! Why is this not clear?

@Sikho And bro if you think the meta is 'stale' go farm nightsisters ok? That would liven it up greatly! I heard they are good so i am not sending you to farm Ugnaughts here. And in this way, you won't be a troll, but a guy that actually is 'different'. I don't put much price on 'different' to be honest, but others do, so knock yourself out!
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Fives takes me 6 rey turns with help to kill. 1 on 1 fives will still kill Rey so why does she needs to be nerfed again?

Because we are imagining 'metas' that aren't even there that's why. And because we are still living pre-fortitude. And because we be mirin at the fact that gear 10 Rey can 1 shot our gear 8 Dooku/QGJ - at least i think she can if she hits that is.

Think about it, if everyone on a shard would farm QGJ by accident, won't he be meta to the guy that doesn't have him? That's whats happening in the case of Sikho too. He said he has 'no problem' with QGJ in offense, yet he wants it nerfed because 'he is everywhere'. Logic. Maybe IT TAKES 3 MONTHS to get a character to 7* from cantina! Maybe just maybe he is not OP but the only option available! Maybe i want to play him no matter what because i like him and he is Liam Neeson. As long as i can beat it, i cannot make false assumptions and speculate that QGJ is meta! Why is this not clear?

@Sikho And bro if you think the meta is 'stale' go farm nightsisters ok? That would liven it up greatly! I heard they are good so i am not sending you to farm Ugnaughts here. And in this way, you won't be a troll, but a guy that actually is 'different'. I don't put much price on 'different' to be honest, but others do, so knock yourself out!

Nightsisters are great! And the best part is Snips leader ability works with them. So you basically have a self healing team that stuns and hits pretty hard
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options

Nightsisters are great! And the best part is Snips leader ability works with them. So you basically have a self healing team that stuns and hits pretty hard

Yet they have no taunt, so you have to bring either RG or ST Han.
    Which brings the number of NS to 3.
    Daka and Ventress are mandatory, but if you really want to run one of the remaining NS, you won't do enough damage to compete in arena.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    I'll agree that the crying needs to stop when the devs stop making certain characters way too OP so every arena team has them.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Spot on. Also because we can omega mat a few toons. Let's not nerf the toons we spend resources on (furnaces, omega mats etc), otherwise the backlash is real. My guild mate is running a pure rebel team and he finishes top 5. Ackbar is popping up more and more as lead with leia. Fives, GS and RG for assist/tank and rey is out of the "meta". She is strong but not an assist caller which is mandatory in most teams. Anyway this discussion was a blast :D Time to watch GoT.
  • Options

Yet they have no taunt, so you have to bring either RG or ST Han.
    Which brings the number of NS to 3.
    Daka and Ventress are mandatory, but if you really want to run one of the remaining NS, you won't do enough damage to compete in arena.

I love people who bring taunt to a fight. Great offense up for QGJ...or in the case of night sisters, a healing advantage for Ventress
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My top 3, more or less diverse:

4pURhi9.jpg
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    Options
    I always thought that an individual characters strength was not the issue but a more game-wide issue in general. I never called for any characters to be adjusted except for bug fixes just to make them work properly. My issue is with the game because in a perfect world, there shouldn't be one useful team above others like our current meta. Instead, there should be many metas to utilize with all of them workable solutions. No team should be seen over and over in Arena, players should be able to use a skilled team with synergy and compete...
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nerf it all and let jar jar figure it out
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Perfect thread!!

This forum has became a whining one.....all people want is to nerf some toon they don't have.

Everybody knows who is the best toons on this game. But theres' a big variety among different styles/abilities to choose from, that's the good part

So far i'm building an all jedi team to arena (not with dooku), different from what most people use. Reached rank #6 yesterday, as soon as i finish upgrading all to 7*, will fight for #1.

Then someone will create a thread complaining to nerf some jedi toon...
  • Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Perfect thread!!

This forum has became a whining one.....all people want is to nerf some toon they don't have.

Everybody knows who is the best toons on this game. But theres' a big variety among different styles/abilities to choose from, that's the good part

So far i'm building an all jedi team to arena (not with dooku), different from what most people use. Reached rank #6 yesterday, as soon as i finish upgrading all to 7*, will fight for #1.

They already did. His name was Yoda. But in all honesty, they rightfully buffed him. There were times while I used him, his AoE would deal 3.2k across the board. I kept thinking to myself "This is just so unfair!" - a fleeting thought. With a little chuckle, I went right back to using him.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Perfect thread!!

They already did. His name was Yoda. But in all honesty, they rightfully buffed him. There were times while I used him, his AoE would deal 3.2k across the board. I kept thinking to myself "This is just so unfair!" - a fleeting thought. With a little chuckle, I went right back to using him.

Fight with Yoda against a counter team! He will be so useful!
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    Options
    Can we stop crying for nerfs again?
    Why do people want to nerf characters they don't have or can't beat in Arena?
    Don't you think about your guildmates and your raids or is everything around here Pv(AI) related?
    The nerfcries are and have always been Arena related.
    Every meta has the same nerfcries where people fight whales at gear lvl 10, come here and complain about how hard it is to beat.
    Is this even being taken seriously? I also encounter gear lvl 10 toons which practically defeat all my toons 1v1.
    Do I need to make a nerf topic for each of these toons that outperform my own?

Otherwise we can go back to 1990 and have it pokemon style where there are 2 attacks to chose from and some are supereffective against others. Generic dmg of 5k on each toons as max.

Good post. I loved 1990 though :p
  • saboater
    111 posts Member
    Options
    jeremyj26 wrote: »

Relative to everyone else, it wasn't. Relatively is all that matters.

And she's got squat for health and other abilities. I have her Gear X and she sits the bench.
  • saboater
    111 posts Member
    Options
    The real solution to a static meta is introducing new characters. For some reason they are really slow in doing so.
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    Options
    Nerf Jarjar binks please!
  • Options
    Perfect thread!!

As with Old Ben and a select few others. I'm only missing a few key buffs, but this is why I love Yoda. And this is why Yoda doesn't need to be buffed.
    6s8k86h.jpg
  • Options

And Arena is only for those who care about rank. Rewards are only good one you crack top 5. Galactic Wars is the heart is the game. That's the real challenge. That's where you need character development.

Say the dude who wanted the stun to be stacked.. Lol

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Perfect thread!!

As with Old Ben and a select few others. I'm only missing a few key buffs, but this is why I love Yoda. And this is why Yoda doesn't need to be buffed.
    6s8k86h.jpg

That's not a counter team tho
  • Options

Say the dude who wanted the stun to be stacked.. Lol

You must be one of those who took that seriously
  • Options
    OP is OP, needs nerfed!
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...