Critical changes needed in next update. (long)

124Next

Replies

• Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    First it was a 17k team, now it's a 16.5k team, soon it'll be a 16-15.5k team, so on and so forth. This has become a conversation riddled with inaccuracies and misleading details.

The example of teams you gave meant to prove a point only actually proved how flawed your argument is. Taking an 18k power team and averaging their strengths across the board of characters automatically nullifies your argument. Plenty of players will have very high powered Sidious/Lum characters, and lower powers on others. Those Sid/Lum characters can single-handedly negate and destroy -any- character on -any- team, and with the AI being as stupid as it is it'll very commonly bash in to them, or a high HP Chewie etc, instead of the lower HP/lower star characters on said team. This buys enough time for those characters to get hits in which, when combined with a fully suited Sid/Lum, equals kills. This is not rocket science.

But, continue to pretend you're speaking in a language we don't understand, because clearly that's working for you.
  • Options
    dude, use your "oratory skills" somewhere where you actually could have an argument. Go ahead, setup a 17k power team with "fully suited Sid/Lum" , beat any 22k team and post it on youtube. Then come back and spew your nonsense as much as you want
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    First it was a 17k team, now it's a 16.5k team, soon it'll be a 16-15.5k team, so on and so forth. This has become a conversation riddled with inaccuracies and misleading details.

The example of teams you gave meant to prove a point only actually proved how flawed your argument is. Taking an 18k power team and averaging their strengths across the board of characters automatically nullifies your argument. Plenty of players will have very high powered Sidious/Lum characters, and lower powers on others. Those Sid/Lum characters can single-handedly negate and destroy -any- character on -any- team, and with the AI being as stupid as it is it'll very commonly bash in to them, or a high HP Chewie etc, instead of the lower HP/lower star characters on said team. This buys enough time for those characters to get hits in which, when combined with a fully suited Sid/Lum, equals kills. This is not rocket science.

But, continue to pretend you're speaking in a language we don't understand, because clearly that's working for you.

Lol you truly can't be helped. Poor guy lol.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    CptKloss wrote: »
    dude, use your "oratory skills" somewhere where you actually could have an argument. Go ahead, setup a 17k power team with "fully suited Sid/Lum" , beat any 22k team and post it on youtube. Then come back and spew your nonsense as much as you want

Bingo lol. I would love to see that video.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    shimmy wrote: »
    Another change that'd be nice is if they actually didn't gimp your squad and boost the other squad in arena mode unless what I continually see happen is somehow a result of every single team I face being owned by a hacker/cheater which seems all but impossible. What I see is rubberband like AI (as I seem to see less of this against higher level teams than me than lower opponents where my team takes a nosedive) and I don't think this needs to exist.

EA needs to just grasp that ratings and such should be all that matters in their games. I see it in EVERY EA game where they decide that even if you have built up something better than the opponent you're facing, you should still be hampered in some way. It's so frustrating and is a slap in the face of players. In this game, my 90% Dooku jedi stun chance shouldn't magically drop to less than 50% (not including resist chances which drops it to about 25%) simply because I am in the arena. If it is going to drop to under 50% then it should also drop to under 50% for the SAME (or worse since my Dooku is at the max elite level) Dooku character on the opposing team when they target my jedi. Does it? No as it is pretty much a 100% stun chance when it isn't resisted by my jedi character.

It's this type of stuff that takes out the supposed player skill aspect of the mode because boosting the opponent while nerfing the player's team isn't a sign of player skill. It's just cheating by another name and honestly, I have more respect for players who may have hacked their way to a great team than a company cheating me with their programming.

I think what people need to do if they are putting money into the game and have issues is to simply....not put money into the game. Show some self restraint and don't make the company you have issues with profit from said issues and actually give them incentive to fix the issues since we all know these companies only care about money.

It's as though so many have become conditioned to being forced to spend money on something that may be in a way jerking them around and simply can't say no. I have not put a dime into this game. Now if the game didn't have the issues I see and I actually felt things were fair, would I put some cash into it? Yes I would. As it is, I am not going to reward a company for blatantly jerking me around because they feel it offers some artificial challenge and is also surely done to get the gullible to think it is their team that is the issue and to go and spend money to better it.

As for a real pvp mode, I think that is a good idea for those who are into that AS LONG AS it isn't a requirement for the daily objectives bonus or completely replaces the current arena, meaning you would still be able to get arena credits for shards. I am not a guy who is competitive or needs to show off my manhood in mobile or video games so I don't take part in pvp stuff and don't want that to be forced on me. That there is cheating/modding now in what seems like every game that has some type of pvp element is also another good reason why I don't wish to waste my time in pvp modes.

I think this is a fun game at the core and I like the ability to collect a lot of characters and build them up (even if it is going to take an incredibly long time) but there are things that really bug me.

Excellent post!
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    WhipiT wrote: »

WhipiT, im from your server, and i was top 200 for a long time, till my Lumi and Han started to pick up by the end of the month, then i was around 17-18k and i finally decided to spend gems on rankings and try something better, i was able to get to top 10, then power keept growing and now i get 1th almost daily (im still quite some power behind). Sorry i don't have video from that time, but i have these 2 recent ones. Same team basically, i just switched FO ST for Kaylo.

https://vid.me/IfhG
    https://vid.me/fR6a
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Otar wrote: »

WhipiT, im from your server, and i was top 200 for a long time, till my Lumi and Han started to pick up by the end of the month, then i was around 17-18k and i finally decided to spend gems on rankings and try something better, i was able to get to top 10, then power keept growing and now i get 1th almost daily (im still quite some power behind). Sorry i don't have video from that time, but i have these 2 recent ones. Same team basically, i just switched FO ST for Kaylo.

I believe you @Otar thank you for sharing.. But you were close to 19k power in the first video and over 19k in the second. That's right in range with everyone top 50 and above. You have a good squad that doesn't surprise me.

What I was debating with that guy is that modders invade the top 20 in 16-17k powered teams with the basic starting characters...some include Chewie and Jawa. My point was they had to be modding as you honestly cant over come high starred synergized 22k teams with that team comp. Ive tried it myself to boost my free account with tokens and crystals. I start fighting teams similar to yours in the 19k range and Chewie gets dropped. Then talia..then im stuck with a 4* lumi and 4* sid and a 4* JC against there full team. Its the best I can do with no money invested. And being its such an easy game I know there isn't a secret strategy. So if I can't do it I honestly dont see how they do it breaking into the top 10 and at times taking #1 spot with a chewy led team. Thats not the game mechanics. Thats modding.

But if someone can make a video with a completely f2p 17k team that is so weak they have to use Chewie as lead beating a 21 or 22k power synergized 7* team I will stand corrected. But I know it wont happen. Im not always right but I never lead people into believing false information. The reason I stood by my statement was because I had tried it myself or I never would have made that claim.
  • Options
    Fabzorz wrote: »
    isnt the top 200 in a soft launch server all close to 22000? I started beginning of december and the #200 in my server is a lvl 57 with a 6 star sidious. Should be around 17000 or something. And whipit maybe became a target because he is well known on this forum and everybody like to try and beat him.
    Still there are modders out there, the only way to counter it and keep stuff client sided is to add replays.

Replays are a freaking awesome idea..and if a modder attacked you..you could just forward the replay to customer service. That's the level on my server for 200 right now is 17kish. Few days ago I was ranked 200 with a 14k Talia lead team at 192 and a 15ish k chewie team at 202 I dropped from rank #1. That's what I was pointing out.

The advantage I have is I have like 4 accounts lol. So I have 17k teams at my disposable. And I can't beat a 7* 22k team on my best day with my 17k team. Its just not possible. That gives me a unique insight on how limited teams are to be able to overcome a 5k power difference. With that knowledge it's easy to see the rampant modding.

It sounds like the problem might be you. Pretty much every day I take my 17.5k team to a top 5 finish on my server. :) This game is very, very easy.

Try that on my server. You would get rolled by the AI. You're on a new shard.

What does it matter? You think people haven't paid to get all the characters on other shards? I play with plenty of high value accounts, including a friend's account who has all the chromium toons 7*. The only toon that poses a problem right now is Leia at 7*. The AI otherwise is predictable.
    isnt the top 200 in a soft launch server all close to 22000? I started beginning of december and the #200 in my server is a lvl 57 with a 6 star sidious. Should be around 17000 or something. And whipit maybe became a target because he is well known on this forum and everybody like to try and beat him.
    Still there are modders out there, the only way to counter it and keep stuff client sided is to add replays.

Replays are a freaking awesome idea..and if a modder attacked you..you could just forward the replay to customer service. That's the level on my server for 200 right now is 17kish. Few days ago I was ranked 200 with a 14k Talia lead team at 192 and a 15ish k chewie team at 202 I dropped from rank #1. That's what I was pointing out.

The advantage I have is I have like 4 accounts lol. So I have 17k teams at my disposable. And I can't beat a 7* 22k team on my best day with my 17k team. Its just not possible. That gives me a unique insight on how limited teams are to be able to overcome a 5k power difference. With that knowledge it's easy to see the rampant modding.

It sounds like the problem might be you. Pretty much every day I take my 17.5k team to a top 5 finish on my server. :) This game is very, very easy.

Or he's Mr L in our shard ;)

I am Fabzorz in my shard.

It matters because on a new server you could easily get to top 5 with 17k power. On established servers you could possibly turn that trick if you six and seven starred the most powerful chrono only characters. But wait if you had 6 and 7 star characters you wouldnt be 17k would you? A team of 17k power is mediocre at best and like I said would get rolled by the AI around rank 50ish. But not here to argue you're absolutely right it is an easy game. But that has nothing to do with the discussion.

You have a very distorted ideology on "new shards". They're just as developed as the old beta stuff by now. I'm on a "new shard" and it's level 60s in 6/7* Tier VII for days. The difference in PvP difficulty is all but null at this point.

Whales exist and they're everywhere and I'm one of them too. I had 7* of basically every character in a matter of days, months ago, and I'm just one person out of several that did the same on my server. And my 23k power team now gets knocked down by 18k power teams, daily. Because as Fabzorz said, this game is easy. Anyone can beat my team in it's current incarnation and it's admittedly somewhat to do with the Barris nerf / Sidious buff (I put all my eggs in a jedi JREAM team beforehand) but I'm not surprised when I log in and see myself many spots lower each day now. Them's the breaks.

But to say a 17.5k team can't beat a 22.5k team? Aren't you supposed to be one of the people in this forum that claims to know a lot about this game? I am surprised you consider this to be true.

@Naecabon May I ask do you have a 17k team of f2p characters? Have you tried with that 17k team to beat a fully synergized 22k power 7* team? I know you haven't or you wouldnt make a useless post saying it could be done. Guess what dude? I do have a 17k team of f2p toons. I know for a fact a team of 4* & 5*(17k power)f2p characters cannot over come a synergized 7* team. I find it funny people considers themselves know it alls about how they "think" things work without the tiniest bit of experience in said situation. It is a super easy game but it is also limited by game mechanics. If you believe your point is so valid take 2 weeks and starrt a f2p with Chewie, talia phasma or Poe. And show me a video where you challenged a legit full 7* synergized team and won.

So what you lose ranks? Who doesn't? Thats not the point of the discussion and proves none of your point. So please before you post out your rear have some actual experience in what your talking about. Thanks.

I don't believe either of us said anything about F2P (though all my characters are farmable.) My 17.5k team is also not all 4*. 17.5k allows one 7* 4/6 gear lvl VII, one 6* gear level VII, one 5* gear lvl VI, one 4* gear lvl VI, and a 4* 4/6 gear lvl VII while not being max level. If you are using bad characters like Chewie and Talia I'm sure it's a lot harder and may actually be impossible. But no one has suggested that.

He loses ranks because his team is being beaten? That's kind of the point of all this. You don't 'need' to pay to win, it just makes the process faster.

Anyways, good original post. I agree with most of it. Making the AI better is pretty much necessary for the long term health of the game though.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Otar wrote: »

I believe you @Otar thank you for sharing.. But you were close to 19k power in the first video and over 19k in the second. That's right in range with everyone top 50 and above. You have a good squad that doesn't surprise me.

What I was debating with that guy is that modders invade the top 20 in 16-17k powered teams with the basic starting characters...some include Chewie and Jawa. My point was they had to be modding as you honestly cant over come high starred synergized 22k teams with that team comp. Ive tried it myself to boost my free account with tokens and crystals. I start fighting teams similar to yours in the 19k range and Chewie gets dropped. Then talia..then im stuck with a 4* lumi and 4* sid and a 4* JC against there full team. Its the best I can do with no money invested. And being its such an easy game I know there isn't a secret strategy. So if I can't do it I honestly dont see how they do it breaking into the top 10 and at times taking #1 spot with a chewy led team. Thats not the game mechanics. Thats modding.

For sure, "Lobby" types are just unexcusable, and i tried to fight Cheats since i started playing, i tried raising awareness, reporting to EA and going rampage on the forums and reddit, but with no good results (just got hate towards me). I believe its 100% EA/CG fault (saving server costs and making parts of the game client side) and unless they take more action (compared to almost none taken) it's will be a constant problem.
    The other problem is what i believe some of this guys are trying to argue with you, the mods just blur the line between cheaters and good players.
    So i believe both sides are right, not only we need to get rid of cheats and have firm action taken, but we also need to take care not to point the finger in the wrong direction, banning legit hard working players.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options

What does it matter? You think people haven't paid to get all the characters on other shards? I play with plenty of high value accounts, including a friend's account who has all the chromium toons 7*. The only toon that poses a problem right now is Leia at 7*. The AI otherwise is predictable.

It matters because on a new server you could easily get to top 5 with 17k power. On established servers you could possibly turn that trick if you six and seven starred the most powerful chrono only characters. But wait if you had 6 and 7 star characters you wouldnt be 17k would you? A team of 17k power is mediocre at best and like I said would get rolled by the AI around rank 50ish. But not here to argue you're absolutely right it is an easy game. But that has nothing to do with the discussion.

You have a very distorted ideology on "new shards". They're just as developed as the old beta stuff by now. I'm on a "new shard" and it's level 60s in 6/7* Tier VII for days. The difference in PvP difficulty is all but null at this point.

Whales exist and they're everywhere and I'm one of them too. I had 7* of basically every character in a matter of days, months ago, and I'm just one person out of several that did the same on my server. And my 23k power team now gets knocked down by 18k power teams, daily. Because as Fabzorz said, this game is easy. Anyone can beat my team in it's current incarnation and it's admittedly somewhat to do with the Barris nerf / Sidious buff (I put all my eggs in a jedi JREAM team beforehand) but I'm not surprised when I log in and see myself many spots lower each day now. Them's the breaks.

But to say a 17.5k team can't beat a 22.5k team? Aren't you supposed to be one of the people in this forum that claims to know a lot about this game? I am surprised you consider this to be true.

@Naecabon May I ask do you have a 17k team of f2p characters? Have you tried with that 17k team to beat a fully synergized 22k power 7* team? I know you haven't or you wouldnt make a useless post saying it could be done. Guess what dude? I do have a 17k team of f2p toons. I know for a fact a team of 4* & 5*(17k power)f2p characters cannot over come a synergized 7* team. I find it funny people considers themselves know it alls about how they "think" things work without the tiniest bit of experience in said situation. It is a super easy game but it is also limited by game mechanics. If you believe your point is so valid take 2 weeks and starrt a f2p with Chewie, talia phasma or Poe. And show me a video where you challenged a legit full 7* synergized team and won.

So what you lose ranks? Who doesn't? Thats not the point of the discussion and proves none of your point. So please before you post out your rear have some actual experience in what your talking about. Thanks.

I don't believe either of us said anything about F2P (though all my characters are farmable.) My 17.5k team is also not all 4*. 17.5k allows one 7* 4/6 gear lvl VII, one 6* gear level VII, one 5* gear lvl VI, one 4* gear lvl VI, and a 4* 4/6 gear lvl VII while not being max level. If you are using bad characters like Chewie and Talia I'm sure it's a lot harder and may actually be impossible. But no one has suggested that.

He loses ranks because his team is being beaten? That's kind of the point of all this. You don't 'need' to pay to win, it just makes the process faster.

Anyways, good original post. I agree with most of it. Making the AI better is pretty much necessary for the long term health of the game though.

The debate was started about f2p teams with the starting characters. If you scroll back thats exactly what I said. The whole point was those teams are so weak they could never grasp the top spots on an established server. They must be modding. Later for some reason that was questioned and I was told it was entirely possible. And its not. I know this as fact.

Now if you start adding chrono characters 17k 18k is possible with the right combo. Honeybeekeeper sid it on my server with a 7* maul at 18k.....but he spent thousands....But that was never the argument...at least for me. It was all about modders.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options

The debate was started about f2p teams with the starting characters. If you scroll back thats exactly what I said. Not sure what you guys were talking about I guess.The whole point was those teams are so weak they could never grasp the top spots on an established server. They must be modding.Chewie, jawa, talia and JC at low star will only take you so far.... Later for some reason that was questioned and I was told it was entirely possible. And its not. I know this as fact.

Now if you start adding chrono characters 17k 18k is possible with the right combo. Honeybeekeeper sid it on my server with a 7* maul at 18k.....but he spent thousands....But that was never the argument...at least for me. It was all about modders.

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    This argument has gotten ****. Anyone who thinks a 18k team can't beat a 20k+ team is delusional.

An 18k team of well synergized toons can easily beat most 20k+ teams. A combination of focus fire, poor AI, and good synergy makes this possible. It happens everyday. Many 20k+ teams do not have good synergy themselves and were simply thrown together for their power rating.

Are there hackers? Yup. But attempting to blanket anyone who manages to do well with a lower power rating is ridiculous. Power rating has never been the predominant factor in determining the outcome of a match.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    This argument has gotten ****. Anyone who thinks a 18k team can't beat a 20k+ team is delusional.

An 18k team of well synergized toons can easily beat most 20k+ teams. A combination of focus fire, poor AI, and good synergy makes this possible. It happens everyday. Many 20k+ teams do not have good synergy themselves and were simply thrown together for their power rating.

Are there hackers? Yup. But attempting to blanket anyone who manages to do well with a lower power rating is ridiculous. Power rating has never been the predominant factor in determining the outcome of a match.

I mean this. Do you guys have any form of reading comprehension??? I never said a well synergized 18k power team couldnt do it. I SAID A FTP 16-17K STARTING CHARACTER SQUAD CANNOT BEAT A 22K POWER TEAM. Can you guys read that lol!!! Bless your hearts life must be rough for you guys.
  • Options
    @Qeltar About live PVP... It can actually be done if the player who gets the turn to make a move has a limited time to play his turn..Say maybe 10 seconds... If he doesn't play his turn.. ThecAI can randomly take the best possible move.. This feature has actually been used in many games... I don't see why it cannot be implemented here too :)
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Do you guys have any form of reading comprehension??? Bless your hearts life must be rough for you guys.

It's comments like this that overshadow more valid points that you often make. Don't troll your own thread. There's also no need to get into big debates with someone who fundamentally agrees with you, on something like power rating. He was as right as you are; but there was obviously a misunderstanding somewhere. It happens. Just move on so your thread doesn't lose focus like it has.

Also, I would highly suggest making the cost of IAP or the return for what you get a major priority in things that needs addressed. We've discussed in other threads that the cost of 7*ing a single random toon through the chromium lottery can be done for $1000. I'll bow to your expertise in this as I'll never be able to do this. This is wholly unacceptable. It should be 1/10th of that at most. The current pool of toons is not static. It will continue to increase. There will always be a reason to make purchases and as such there's no reason to have the cost vs return be so ridiculous.

Additionally that's just the cost of one single random toon. The forums are already flooded with veteran players telling new ones to stay away from the chromium lottery. It'll only get worse as the potential pool of toons increases this decreasing the odds of getting what you want more and increasing what you'll have to spend. Is this what EA/CG wants?
    Post edited by Telaan on
  • Options
    Don't worry WhipIT, there are a good number of people who believe you.

Heck, I see a 14k team try to snipe 20k teams every other day on my rank list. I am half tempted to report the guy.
  • Options
    I would like to suggest the following:

Be able to save a combat log fore each battle at server side. This, along with a log re-player can lead to the amazing feature of re-viewing past matches. If you include a rendering web engine in your site and / or a video export option, users will be able to share their battles in social networks (tell that to the marketing team!)

Besides, if you like to have the main processing for battles at client side, the combat log can be based on a random seed generated by the server when the battle starts, and you can make all the probabilities pseudo-random (but deterministic given a random seed) based on that seed. Once a combat is finished and sent back to the server you can check the log has not been manipulated (if you are worried about server load, you can postpone it to near real time or even batch).

Just that... This is a great game, keep going!

• WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    Don't worry WhipIT, there are a good number of people who believe you.

Heck, I see a 14k team try to snipe 20k teams every other day on my rank list. I am half tempted to report the guy.

That's all I was trying to say the whole time. These really low powered squads invade the top 10 and you know they're cheating. You cant make 4* Chewie and the Jawa perform miracles against 7* epiced toons.

I never report them. I don't necessarily blame the modders even tho they agitate me I understand that the window was left wide open for them to do it. I just hate that it messes with everyone elses gaming experience and the integrity of the game itself. I can't speak for everyone but the most fun I have in this game is overcoming challenges. Getting beat, rebuilding and coming back with a different synergy. What fun is there in modding? I just don't get there enjoyment from it. Wouldnt you like finish all your daily stuff in no time? That would get boring fast.
  • Options
    Just wanted to clarify something:

Creating a playback function would be easy. The problem is that, in order to make that playback system useful, it would have to be recorded server side, otherwise modders would simply submit playbacks that worked in their benefit and nobody would be able to trust the recordings. That said, if the recordings are server-side, it means the game itself would have to be server side. This becomes a massive undertaking to move everything from client side to server-side. They would also need to start shelling out major bucks to have servers that could take care of the probably millions of players that participate daily. If they pulled this off, the game could essentially become cheater-free. Worth it in my mind. But I doubt EA wants to invest in this game until they really start rolling in dough.
  • Options
    nubsors wrote: »
    Just wanted to clarify something:

Creating a playback function would be easy. The problem is that, in order to make that playback system useful, it would have to be recorded server side, otherwise modders would simply submit playbacks that worked in their benefit and nobody would be able to trust the recordings. That said, if the recordings are server-side, it means the game itself would have to be server side. This becomes a massive undertaking to move everything from client side to server-side. They would also need to start shelling out major bucks to have servers that could take care of the probably millions of players that participate daily. If they pulled this off, the game could essentially become cheater-free. Worth it in my mind. But I doubt EA wants to invest in this game until they really start rolling in dough.

I agree, battle logs for replaying wold need to be stored in EA servers (probably they already are), but you can distribute the battle computations to the clients if you have a mechanism to verify that the submitted battle information is not altered. This may sound strange but a lot of times a verification is much cheaper than a full-processing, and delegating processing in usere's devices can save a lot of server resources :(
  • Options
    I have a video of someone showing off the modified apk if the devs are curious and don't know where to find it. Same guy we kicked off our facebook group.
  • Options

Do you guys have any form of reading comprehension??? Bless your hearts life must be rough for you guys.

It's comments like this that overshadow more valid points that you often make. Don't troll your own thread. There's also no need to get into big debates with someone who fundamentally agrees with you, on something like power rating. He was as right as you are; but there was obviously a misunderstanding somewhere. It happens. Just move on so your thread doesn't lose focus like it has.
    This.

Your OP was solid. You backed it up very well. Then you started defeating yourself by literally repeating the same thing over and over. Don't become a broken record. I'm referring to the "16-17k ftp vs 'synergized' 7* phrase" that you keep using. The first time you posted it was a generalized statement that carried weight. Every time you repeat it, it makes it seem like you don't have a specific example.

Let the other folks beat your argument. Don't do it yourself.

P.s. In reading throughout the forum, I've found your knowledge to be extremely useful. Thanks for taking the time.
  • Options
    Also, one point I see ignored here is the ability ranks, which we have no way of knowing. If the 22k team had poor ability skills it doesn't seem out of line for a team 4-6k below them to win if they had max abilities.

I'm about 19k and I can snipe into the number one spot, though I know it wouldn't hold past a few hours. The guys in the top 5 are 20-22k. My skills are mostly maxed, at least the ones that matter. I am still using Dooku, which holds back my power rating a bit.

But a 14-16k sniping number one without an absurd amount of luck is probably not legit.

Let's hope that as the platform matures, we get some defense against this or super aggressive bans. We don't need to fight amongst ourselves and as mentioned previously I'd rather not have a witch hunt.
  • Options
    No thanks! Poor customer service followed by greedy game mechanics just reminds you how EA earned their worst company award.

See you guys in the next game...
  • Options

A 17k F2P squad beating a synergised, all-star team of 7* heroes? Possible... every once in a while when the stars line up to your favour. Doing that on a consistent basis amongst whales who are all gunning for the top 10 spot over a sustainable period? Very unlikely. As much as people would like to talk about strategy, this game mechanics is too simple where strategy/tactics can only carry so far.

Same in real life. The reason why some historical battles where an inferior army defeated a superior force (e.g. Battle of Canae) are remembered for brilliant strategy and execution is because they are few and far between. 99% of the time, troops that are superior in numbers, well-trained and well-equiped wins the battle. As Obi-Wan said it in Episode IV, "in my experience, there is no such thing as luck."
  • Options
    Hey all -

Just wanted to clarify a few things here.

Weapon damage, cooldown timer, player health etc etc should all be converted to server side to insure security of data. For some reason unlike your Korean counterparts you guys decided the only thing you would protect on your own servers was anything that involved financial profit of your company. This was a critical error. Your solution to this problem was for us to report fishy activity. To late. Being they were able to bypass the normal slow advancement that requires financial investment to hasten...you now can't tell who is cheating and who is not. By modding they were able to farm gear and shards in areas they would not of had access to advance in with just 6 starting characters. Now they have equal power levels as nothing was done to fix it so they are now unidentifiable.

Cheaters – We know about them, we’re observing them, and we will take action on them “very soon”. Every game has to deal with people who hold their personal integrity so cheaply they would trade it for the appearance of skill or intelligence. And hackers are going to hack, that’s what they do. There’s nothing new here. It’s going to be an on-going arms race for the life of the game. The community can help by reporting suspected cheaters per Jesse's Forum Guideline thread here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1186/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-forum-guidelines#latest. But the community is the not the only solution as you indicate.

This breaks the integrity of the game and causes you to have financial loses. Money must not be that great for CG as you can't resub crystal subscriptions or are limited to a certain amount in a month. That means you need us buying the crystals directly for there full USD value as the subscription plan must have been blamed for a decline in crystal sells. Which possibly could have been caused by modders as why do they need to spend money? They can complete the GW every single time, max out the LS and DS, cantina missions and grab a top rank in arena for free crystals with just the free starting characters. So it not only effects the playerbase it effects your bottom line every month.

The crystal subscriptions will return. We are in the waning days of a promotional period which is causing a hiccup in their availability. That will be resolved, likely next week. There is also no limit of purchases of subscriptions per month as I've seen indicated here and elsewhere. Unless, of course you currently have a subscription active. So the rest of this argument falls apart.

Create a live pvp match making system. This PvP is PvE. Theres no rush, no excitement for a match..it's literally no more fun than the GW...which after 15 times isn't so much fun. Want to make people spend money? Create live pvp matchmaking with a pvp lobby for chat. Men are very competitive and beating a live opponent is a true competition. A competition that can become very profitable for CG. Create live pvp tournaments. The possibilities are endless.

You may be right here. It could be fun. It would be a *much* slower experience, of course. Figure each player would have 10/20/30? seconds to make a single move. That might kill the fun. And while I never say never, this would be a pretty large technical undertaking. The engineers like to say nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of development time. :) For now, though, there are other aspects of the game which we will be tackling first.

There's more dev activity on reddit than the games official forums. Bad bussiness. Customers love information. They love being on a direct line with the people they are investing money in.
    Reddplague wrote: »
    I think Reddit is where the player who spend money post so, that's probably why the dev post there often. They must feel the forum are mostly F2p players thus don't need as much attention.

There were a couple of folks from the team posting on Reddit, and they still do from time-to-time. We have no official rep on Reddit, so they were filling in. Here we have @EA_Jesse, who spends a lot of his days / nights / weekends on the forums. However, that being said, I and others are planning to spend more time directly interacting on the forums. To be super clear, this has *nothing* to do with who spends or not -- I actually have no idea where more spenders post nor how I could figure that out. Nor would I really want to. Please don't leap to these kinds of negative assumptions about us. We're really not bad folks. ;)

Don't delete this post. Don't message me with a threat of ban or by banning me. Everything I have said is constructive with critique..but constructive. Thank you.

Nothing deleted. No messages sent. I really want to thank *you* for taking the time here and elsewhere to share your thoughts on the game. :)
    Qeltar wrote: »
    As @CG_AaronNemoyten promised in a post a couple of weeks ago, dedicate a thread to bugs and issues related to characters and dedicate a dev to going through all of them and fixing them.

Still the plan. Hopefully next week unless there's some other fire drill.
    Review some of the utterly broken team combinations and fix them. Starting a fight with someone who supposedly has comparable "power" to you and being beaten before you can do anything is not fun.

Tuning is consistently a top priority. We'll keep reviewing team configurations for anything broken or buggy.

Tone down the increased AI proc rate. Frustration =/= challenge.

I've seen this rumor of "cheaty AI". There's *nothing* like that as far as I know. I've even seen people accuse us of ramping up AI proc rates in order to get people to spend more. Not sure why folks assume us to be that manipulative / immoral, but unless there's some crazy bug, there should be no difference in proc rates between player and AI. I'll ask someone to confirm this early next week.
    Give some sort of mode of play that we can do that doesn't require energy and is just for fun. Even if it has no rewards. Most players have less than an hour of actual gameplay per day right now. Bored players wander away, which costs you money.

I've definitely seen this ask on various threads. I need to discuss this with the team, though, before determining how to address it. Stay tuned.
    Run sales on crystals once in a while. You will make more money.

I'm not going to say never to crystal sales, but we currently aren't planning to do these. They can generate a spike in revenue, but they also cause dips after the sale. And ultimately they lead to unstable / wobbly economies.

Make packs that provide good value. You will make more money. I haven't been offered a pack that even remotely tempted me since I was about level 30.

Good to know. We will keep crafting new offers and see which ones resonate well with different types of players.

If a live PvP is system is too much work in the short run, then make sensible adjustments to what you have now. Fix the sniping bugs and sniping ranges.

I'd like to hear more about these sniping issues. Is this covered in a thread I missed?

Aaron has said he's working on improving customer support. Please continue this as we still are reading horror stories on a daily basis.

There have been some improvements, and we're watching this situation closely.
    aspenstar wrote: »
    I would like to see a few things...

1. Be able to see your own stats
    2. No cap on allies or at least higher cap
    3. More relevant shipments
    4. GW balance

For 1, have you tried tapping the little circle under the 3D characters in their details screen? That brings up a panel that shows all the stats for that character with a description of what the stat means. We don't currently teach that button in the tutorial as it's a more advanced feature.

For 2, we aren't planning on increasing this. I haven't seen many requests to do so. Also, we needed to put some limit on it for performance reasons but wanted to give people "enough" allies to provide strategic options. Is 35 limiting your play somehow?

For 3, stay tuned. :)

For 4, there is an on-going effort to fine-tune the challenge of GW. It's meant to be difficult, but not impossible if you have a sufficiently deep bench. I've seen threads expressing that it may be too hard right now. I need to review the data for completion rates before giving a clear answer.

Whew! Long post. Hope that helps. Happy to discuss further! :)

Seriously thank you! I understand that you workers bees care and maybe your overlords do not, but that is a different discussion.

Keep up the good work. You must sail through an ocean of negativity to find those little islands of empathy and constructive criticism.

Also, has the team discussed a way to see the entire ability tree when apply ability mats? I never know if I should spend them on +5% damage, since I cannot see if the tier II unlock will be worthwhile.