Critical changes needed in next update. (long)

Replies

• Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Ironically enough, your 11-paragraph post complaining about "unnecessary stuff" contains no new input or suggestions whatsoever.

I know, I was showing how OP could have communicated the information without all the extra stuff, not suggesting other things. I guess my post was still too log for people to read.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    WhipiT wrote: »
    So what was once a small % of modders has ballooned daily into a large amount. I went from rank #1 in arena to rank 200ish in 24 hours with a 22.5k power synergized team. I logged on and was surrounded by 12-14k power teams using Chewie as lead. Cmon man lol. That's rediculous.

I've touched upon many of the points you illustrated weeks ago and many didn't like it so I'm happy you made progress. Back when I made this discussion and modded apk talk began, the counter to it was, maybe your team is hitting greater challenges these days and 22.5K power, using your stat, isn't cutting it anymore?? I then looked through the Squad rankings to make my own judgment and I didn't see this as a big issue. I just looked again right now to see what's happening and from ranks 1-50. I see you in 26th right now but below your rank, the teams look pretty solid with many 7* teams besides you. I remember you being dominant in PVP around the official launch but being fair, many more 7* teams have grown in our server now with different new deadly synergies, maybe you need to switch yours?? I've found my game changing and I've added switchoffs now and almost need a 12 player team instead of the 6 that carried me to Level 60...

I am on your server and I know other seemingly good players dominate first place like Gwar Sette, Honneybeekeeper and Moondos to name a few. They don't look weak to me. I see some seemingly weaker than normal teams here and there but not as prevalent as you state so I believe most are playing fair actually. Even more, those players who snipe first place quickly fall out of first and drop rank. One day, I paid the 50 crystals to refresh and ended my day in 2nd Place on that server and I certainly don't have the best team so team power doesn't ensure wins.

I have been doing well on that server, holding a consistent Top 50 without even using all 5 refreshes and I know that my team is not as advanced as yours. I also have beaten teams with around 4-5K power more than me so this can happen often. My team right now is 19,849K and you stated you were 22.5K, I could battle you in PVP and with the computer playing your team, I could beat you potentially.

What I truly fear is a witch hunt where players are guilty until proven innocent. Be mindful that both of us have greater challenges today as compared to 3 weeks ago. As the Level 60 cap sits idle, this problem will worsen as more teams get to Level 60 and 7*. In short, there is no magic team to save you, the meta is changing constantly. I'm sure when the cap opens, you'll level up immediately and once again be dominant since you spend on this game and then all will be well until this cycle repeats and you once again, face the pressure of competition when teams catch up to you...
    Post edited by ioniancat21 on
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Fantazy wrote: »
    I know, I was showing how OP could have communicated the information without all the extra stuff, not suggesting other things. I guess my post was still too log for people to read.
    A one-liner by itself is just an opinion. A proper suggestion needs to include reasoning for why it should be considered. That's what WhipiT did, he wrote what he thinks needs changing and why.
    CG had no problem with it, so I am not sure why you would.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    NUTS wrote: »
    You quitting doesn't matter...200 ppl join every few hours.

He spends more than all the free to play players combined. Understand?
  • Options
    WhipIT: "rediculous" ehhh... that weakens your otherwise good argument.

They have to defend the non defend-able position of competitive client-side game in 2016... because what are they going to say? "Yeah it's weak but we won't be able to change it because of the development cost, so expect undetectable cheating to be a part of this game".....

• Options
    CptKloss wrote: »
    WhipIT: "rediculous" ehhh... that weakens your otherwise good argument.

They have to defend the non defend-able position of competitive client-side game in 2016... because what are they going to say? "Yeah it's weak but we won't be able to change it because of the development cost, so expect undetectable cheating to be a part of this game".....

Anyone else have a hunch this guy probably....
  • Options
    Why is 'Sniping' an issue? When to make your move is part of the strategy in my opinion. We all have 'real lifes'. "No chance of competing"? Defend better I geuss.
  • TK421
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    First of all I too want to thank @CG_JohnSelera for taking the time to answer questions. It is good to hear things from official sources.

Second I want to thank@WhipiT for starting the post. I think it is very constructive.
    "Telaan wrote: »
    Great post. Another concern of the community's is the availability of toons. There shouldn't be any toon that is not available outside of chromium packs. The difference between p2w and f2p should be how quickly these toons are acquired. Those who spend obviously climb the power curve much faster than f2p.

Another concern is the current lottery system. The moral debate of IAP lotteries aside, the current odds are stacked far too heavily on the side of the house. MANY players who want to spend money on packs refuse to do so, or are too scared to do so, from a combination of bad personal experiences and horror stories from other players.

The overall cost of IAP is of major concern. Have you folks considered what we as players, many of whom want to spend money on this game, think when we consider the cost of what it takes to acquire/level existing toons while also knowing new toons will be released fairly regularly? It's going to scare all but the wealthiest of the wealthy away.

I truly hope we can have a candid dialogue about this subject as it is one of the most important factors for the longevity of the game. How do you generate an income for the game while at the same time ensuring its players don't feel gouged? Right now, I don't think the current model is viable for a long term healthy game.

Lastly, happy new year!

Third I wanted to add my voice to this suggestion. I think making more characters available will greatly increase the strength and longevity of the game. Not only from a customer satisfaction perspective, but also from competition and game play perspectives. Right now on my server the top ten teams are using, largely, variations of the same team. Everyone uses Luminara or Sidius as their leader, with the rest of the team filled out by Jedi Consular, Boba Fett, Phasma, i.e. characters that are easy to farm. Which is fine, and it is the same team I am using, but it is also getting boring. I think the game would be better if the players had more choices in which characters to use. If every character was farmable, to one extent or another, the game would be much more dynamic and interesting.

On a related note I think the lottery system should be fixed so you no longer receive shards/characters for toons you have maxed out. I have to admit I felt very cheated when I received full characters of Luminara and Sid (26 and 32 shards respectively) when they were already maxed out. Those are shards I would obviously rather have for other characters, and I feel l wasted the money/crystals used to purchase the chromium packs. I cannot speak for others, but I am done spending money until this issue is resolved.

Lastly I wanted to add a suggestion of my own. Please improve gear drop rates, or, even better, change how we get gear. I understand that gear is a gating mechanism, used to limit how fast characters can be improved. That said I find it deeply unfun spending 119 energy to get two pieces of the desired gear. It also means, as was addressed by @Qeltar that I am done playing in less than an hour most days. I spend 400 crystals a day on reloads. 100 in the squad arena and the remainder I use to get gear. But that hardly constitutes playing. I burn through those 400 crystals in 5-10 minutes, usually rage quit for 20 minutes, do GW for 20-40 minutes, and then have nothing to do until 5:30 when it is time to do PVP. I would love to use the energy for something that was actually fun, or even really playing instead of just hitting the Sim button. I would love to see all or most the gear done with challenges. Have more than two every day, and use crystals to recharge the challenges. There is some variability in those drop rates, but it isn't nearly as frustrating. I think it would also help if the challenges were more varied and challenging, and perhaps gear drops could be based on how well one does in those challenges.

All I know is needing 20 Sorosub (sp?) keypads for one or more gear slots on 6+ characters, spending all of my energy and 300 crystals worth of refills, and only getting 8-16 of the required 20 is a very frustrating and daunting experience. Worse yet I imagine this experience will only worsen once the level cap is raised. I understand and agree with the need of gating mechanics, please just find one that is less soul destroying:)
  • Ilza
    67 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If a live PvP is system is too much work in the short run, then make sensible adjustments to what you have now. Fix the sniping bugs and sniping ranges.

I'd like to hear more about these sniping issues. Is this covered in a thread I missed?

Glad to see you are looking for more information about PvP!

As someone that daily battles for the first position in my arena pool, and has several others that have the same reward time as me I'd like to describe how I play arena:

I do my first 2-3 matches when I wake up to gain any ranks I've lost over the night and start on the daily achievment. When I finish I am almost always in the top-3.

I then save my 4th fight to start around 17:35-17:40. As it's almost always better to be inside a battle, I make sure to stall until the 5 minutes are almost over before the fight finishes, this way I limit the amount of people that can challenge me afterwards and put them on a more awkard battle-time having to spend crystals earlier or multiple times.

Then I try to start my 5th battle when the 10 min timer runs out 17:48-17:50. At least a third of the time locked into a battle by someone else, and pretty much hammer refresh since there is no way to actually know if you are locked into a battle or not. If I start on time I again make sure I spend as much time inside the fight as possible, if I was late starting then I might finish earlier.

The clock is now about 17:54-17:55, I try to rush out of the current battle, spend 50 crystals to refresh my arena attempts and if I am rank 1 get into any battle as fast as possible. If I'm not rank 1 I try to challenge as far up as possible that's not currently locked into battle. This way I can stall until 17:59-18:00 running the entire 5 minute timer and either not giving others any chance of challenging me or if they can they have a very limited time to win that fight.

Since there are multiple people in the top-10 active now there is around 50% chance that I cannot start a new battle (as it takes more time getting out of a fight than for someone to start it from the challenge screen) and get the "someone else is battling you" message instead, feeling frustrated I just wasted 50 crystals that have no meaning. Since attacks at this level are mostly successful, it's pretty much spamming refresh to see when the challenger won hoping I can get into a battle and finish it before the award timer goes off.

There are a few fixes I'd like to see implemented:

1. The top 11-20 can only challenge 3 or 5 ranks up instead of the current 10.
    2. An indication that your account is locked into battle, preferably with the current time left.
    3. An indication on the challenge screen (where you see the 3 ppl that you can fight against) if any of them are locked into battle
    4. Crystal cost for refreshing arena timer or giving you more arena fights only is payed if you can enter that battle
    5. Improved AI. It's currently almost impossible to defend in high-level arena among similarly powered teams. It's been at least a week since I lost an arena match myself.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    So what was once a small % of modders has ballooned daily into a large amount. I went from rank #1 in arena to rank 200ish in 24 hours with a 22.5k power synergized team. I logged on and was surrounded by 12-14k power teams using Chewie as lead. Cmon man lol. That's rediculous.

I've touched upon many of the points you illustrated weeks ago and many didn't like it so I'm happy you made progress. Back when I made this discussion and modded apk talk began, the counter to it was, maybe your team is hitting greater challenges these days and 22.5K power, using your stat, isn't cutting it anymore?? I then looked through the Squad rankings to make my own judgment and I didn't see this as a big issue. I just looked again right now to see what's happening and from ranks 1-50. I see you in 26th right now but below your rank, the teams look pretty solid with many 7* teams besides you. I remember you being dominant in PVP around the official launch but being fair, many more 7* teams have grown in our server now with different new deadly synergies, maybe you need to switch yours?? I've found my game changing and I've added switchoffs now and almost need a 12 player team instead of the 6 that carried me to Level 60...

I am on your server and I know other seemingly good players dominate first place like Gwar Sette, Honneybeekeeper and Moondos to name a few. They don't look weak to me. I see some seemingly weaker than normal teams here and there but not as prevalent as you state so I believe most are playing fair actually. Even more, those players who snipe first place quickly fall out of first and drop rank. One day, I paid the 50 crystals to refresh and ended my day in 2nd Place on that server and I certainly don't have the best team so team power doesn't ensure wins.

I have been doing well on that server, holding a consistent Top 50 without even using all 5 refreshes and I know that my team is not as advanced as yours. I also have beaten teams with around 4-5K power more than me so this can happen often. My team right now is 19,849K and you stated you were 22.5K, I could battle you in PVP and with the computer playing your team, I could beat you potentially.

What I truly fear is a witch hunt where players are guilty until proven innocent. Be mindful that both of us have greater challenges today as compared to 3 weeks ago. As the Level 60 cap sits idle, this problem will worsen as more teams get to Level 60 and 7*. In short, there is no magic team to save you, the meta is changing constantly. I'm sure when the cap opens, you'll level up immediately and once again be dominant since you spend on this game and then all will be well until this cycle repeats and you once again, face the pressure of competition when teams catch up to you...

@ioniancat21 Thanks for taking the time to reply very valid points. I actually am not as competitive as I might seem. I think there are around 35-40 player teams on our shard that are very capable of beating any team I put together in arena. And thats a part of the game I love.I have no problems with f2p teams beating me, or taking the top ranks. As long as I can easily beat them as well that's fair.

My problem is I wrote all the names down that I saw invading the top ranks a few weeks back when I first noticed it. Those same names are a lot of the Phasma lead teams that you see in the top 20. The modders caught up to us to the point they wouldnt even have to mod to beat us now. But nothing can be done about that.

My main point was there should not be anyway anyone with 21k power can be dropped to 200 or lower rank in 24 hours. I was serious when I wrote I logged on and was surrounded by 14-15k teams. That just started happening recently thats how I knew the modding had spread more rampant. Losing 30 or 40 spots in 24 hours sounds normal because at ranks 50ish people are still around 19k power which is feasable to beat a 22k team. At rank 200 noone should be able to beat a 22k team with 14k power..and if not for modding they couldn't. Thats my complaint.

All of us in the top 30 can't even be sure if our team synergies are powerful or not because we have no clue who is modding and who is not. So you could have an awesome team but lose ranks quickly due to modders and you would think the combo is crap lol. It teally breaks the integrity of the arena in my opinion.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    A one-liner by itself is just an opinion. A proper suggestion needs to include reasoning for why it should be considered. That's what WhipiT did, he wrote what he thinks needs changing and why.
    CG had no problem with it, so I am not sure why you would.

@Qeltar Thank you very much!:)
  • Options
    I get beaten up overnight, we all do. Once here and there, I get knocked up to almost 200 but I easily recover down to sub 100s and with a refresh, who knows. In the end, I've always felt their were mods going on in every game I ever played to some extent so I never trust it so when it happens here, I just take it with the territory...
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    Ironically enough, your 11-paragraph post complaining about "unnecessary stuff" contains no new input or suggestions whatsoever.

While I totally agree I rambled quite a bit I did to the best of my ability explain why I felt the changes were needed. We all make these posts because we want to make the game better for everyone. I have nothing to gain..if I quit this game tommorrow I wouldn't sweat it. But to me it's a solid game and a lot of people like myself want to keep playing and investing money into it. But the modding in particular has to be addressed or there won't be a SWGOH to play in the future.
  • Options
    isnt the top 200 in a soft launch server all close to 22000? I started beginning of december and the #200 in my server is a lvl 57 with a 6 star sidious. Should be around 17000 or something. And whipit maybe became a target because he is well known on this forum and everybody like to try and beat him.
    Still there are modders out there, the only way to counter it and keep stuff client sided is to add replays.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    isnt the top 200 in a soft launch server all close to 22000? I started beginning of december and the #200 in my server is a lvl 57 with a 6 star sidious. Should be around 17000 or something. And whipit maybe became a target because he is well known on this forum and everybody like to try and beat him.
    Still there are modders out there, the only way to counter it and keep stuff client sided is to add replays.

Replays are a freaking awesome idea..and if a modder attacked you..you could just forward the replay to customer service. That's the level on my server for 200 right now is 17kish. Few days ago I was ranked 200 with a 14k Talia lead team at 192 and a 15ish k chewie team at 202 I dropped from rank #1. That's what I was pointing out.

The advantage I have is I have like 4 accounts lol. So I have 17k teams at my disposable. And I can't beat a 7* 22k team on my best day with my 17k team. Its just not possible. That gives me a unique insight on how limited teams are to be able to overcome a 5k power difference. With that knowledge it's easy to see the rampant modding.

• Options

Replays are a freaking awesome idea..and if a modder attacked you..you could just forward the replay to customer service. That's the level on my server for 200 right now is 17kish. Few days ago I was ranked 200 with a 14k Talia lead team at 192 and a 15ish k chewie team at 202 I dropped from rank #1. That's what I was pointing out.

The advantage I have is I have like 4 accounts lol. So I have 17k teams at my disposable. And I can't beat a 7* 22k team on my best day with my 17k team. Its just not possible. That gives me a unique insight on how limited teams are to be able to overcome a 5k power difference. With that knowledge it's easy to see the rampant modding.

I fought a modder on our server today :/ his Sid was hitting 5k without crits or buffs.
  • Options
    Exactly! All we need is replays!
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    Options

I fought a modder on our server today :/ his Sid was hitting 5k without crits or buffs.

I don't think they mod your phone...they mod their own?
  • Options
    Yep
  • Options
    Wispsi wrote: »

I don't think they mod your phone...they mod their own?

I wouldn't know what they do, but I do know Sid isn't capable of that.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

That sounds like the AI was hacking lol! The only modder I know of in our top 10 at this moment is Lobby. He is ranked #4 with a 17k power team with a gear level 4...4* phasma lead. He's getting better. Last week he was 14k power with chewie as lead and ranked #1 when I logged on.
  • Terrorize89
    434 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yep I reported him and got told off for mentioning names lol and that was nearly 2 weeks ago, he's been left to improve unchecked.
  • Fabzorz
    87 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

No you did not. This is not how modding works. Modders teams are legit on defense since that information is stored client side. They alter how they interact with the client, not the other way around. Don't cry wolf, it takes away from credible reports of hacking.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Options

It sounds like the problem might be you. Pretty much every day I take my 17.5k team to a top 5 finish on my server. :) This game is very, very easy.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Options
    Fabzorz wrote: »

No you did not. This is not how modding works. Modders teams are legit on defense since that information is stored client side. They alter how they interact with the client, not the other way around. Don't cry wolf, it takes away from credible reports of hacking.

I bow to your extensive knowledge of hacking, you must have a lot of first hand experience. I mean by the sounds of it you hacked my account and was present during my match right? Since you can tell me what did and didn't happen. Good to know.
  • Options
    If the guy was still logged in, the hack was still running. Once the hacker loggs off, thats when he gets his butt wooped.
  • Options
    Crittik wrote: »
    If the guy was still logged in, the hack was still running. Once the hacker loggs off, thats when he gets his butt wooped.

This is likely the case, I was fighting near the time arena prizes are rewarded, I imagine if you was hacking to climb the arena, that's the time you'd most likely be on.
  • Options

It sounds like the problem might be you. Pretty much every day I take my 17.5k team to a top 5 finish on my server. :) This game is very, very easy.

Try that on my server. You would get rolled by the AI. You're on a new shard.
  • Options

Try that on my server. You would get rolled by the AI. You're on a new shard.

Or he's Mr L in our shard ;)
  • Options

That sounds like the AI was hacking lol! The only modder I know of in our top 10 at this moment is Lobby. He is ranked #4 with a 17k power team with a gear level 4...4* phasma lead. He's getting better. Last week he was 14k power with chewie as lead and ranked #1 when I logged on.

I think I know who you're talking about, but until there is proof, I won't mention any details but as we can see, he's one of the few. Always remember, hacked players without money will still have to play daily and make improvements to their teams so, they don't get much for free anyway. Also, on defense they don't hold position so overnight, they could drop hundreds of spots in PVP. I wouldn't worry, time will weed them out when they get bored....