134 posts Member
    Options
    Zekex wrote: »
    Hellcat wrote: »
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    Still no win here, someone please explain how to win w/o QGJ

I don't believe it to be possible.

The assist attack with extra damage is really important and debuffing his tenacity up and getting O up for yourself is critical As well.

That said I don't think anyone beat original Yoda without QG

Using QGJ's dispel to gain offense up is very bad advise.
    7* Yoda's masterstroke seem to have a cooldown of 1 turn at most. He can always steal your offense up if he is not stunned. And once he has offense up it is over (13000 damage non critical; 20000 critical).

not true.he doesn't have a 1 cd on masterstroke. He doesn't/can't steal another ability after stealing lumi's heal over time. I have NEVER let him steal offense up and let him spread to his adds. Not even once. Instead of lying, why not try what people have said works?

I don't think he's lying, it's not the yoda has 1 turn cd it's that yoda takes 2-3 or sometimes 4 Turns every time your toons go. So one of your turns may be 3 yoda turns and by then the cd is up and he has stolen offense up and spread it around and GG. It happens I just don't think the OP described it properly
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    Will2247 wrote: »
    Definitely super hard... took me over 5 hours of trying to get lucky with RNG and win it on 7*. It's doable, but everything has to fall your way, including yoda not getting a key critical hit and just one shot killing a toons once protection is gone (then full TM regeneration so he kills the next one and the next one).

Tried literally hundreds of times and the only strategy that finally worked for me was the one others have suggested here. Retreated until I got barriss with a weaker tune (was Kit for me). Then killed Kit first. Worked barriss down to near 0 health and waited for her to "heal" yoda for -40% health. Then focused down yoda. I used lumis heal early when working down the support and I wasn't worried if yoda stole it.

Even with that strategy, I had to get really lucky. Had some key debunks with HB by QGJ that granted offense up at critical times. And yoda only critical hit one time once my toons had their protection gone... a crit there would have ended it for me as he regens TM and kills everyone.

TL;DR it's super hard. It's incredibly frustrating. But it's doable... if the force is with you (i.e a boat load of fortunate RNG). Good luck.

The game shouldn't be about luck. To get a cahance at lvl 7 Yoda requires hrs of work. They should make Yoda easy to get as a reward and then some hard quests for special prizes
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    Sysy wrote: »
    I think it is pretty easy. I just defeated 7 star Yoda, like, in five minutes... I got lucky to have Eeth Koth and Barriss with him. I instantly killed Koth and hit Barriss to red, when she healed Yoda for -40% hp. I just rushed Yoda and laughed at Barriss. My setup is Barriss lead, QGJ, Consular, Lumi, and Koth. I think Yoda became much slower and has much lower hp now...

Are you guys level 80, gear IX, and Omega? I'm losing to 6* Yoda with gear gear VIII and full non-Omega abilities.

I beat 6 star yoda on my 6th try just aim at him first those guardians aren't really a threat. I beat him with Old Ben lead g8 lvl 77 luminar G8 lvl77 QGJ G8 lvl77 Koth gear 7 lvl 70 JC gear 8 level 68 nobody has omegas its not that hard at least tier 6 isn't it takes patience and tactics
  • JGLion
    20 posts Member
    Options
    The challenge can be done!

33wkqr4.png

2qimpsz.png

2qs3uxl.png

2isb7tx.png

okbuqd.png

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Is that a no QG victory? Well played. I didn't think that was possible.
  • Options
    Just keep fighting him until you face yoda, jkg, and bariss. That's how I beat him.
  • Options
    Basically if you don't have QJG don't bother. Why not just make him a requirement and be done
  • Panna
    210 posts Member
    Options
    Armitage wrote: »
    Yoda event 7 star officially impossible to beat

Don't give up! It took me 5 hours of trying but **** it feels good once he's beaten
    ARK - Alliance Of Rebel Knights | Editor & Graphics Designer | https://swgoh.gg/u/panna/
  • Options
    Panna wrote: »
    Armitage wrote: »
    Yoda event 7 star officially impossible to beat

Don't give up! It took me 5 hours of trying but **** it feels good once he's beaten

Thats because you channeled your inner Lando bother,lol.
  • Saturn74
    78 posts Member
    Options
    I am sure there are people who can complete this "updated" 7* Yoda challenge.

Just as I am sure that there are trolls who have already got 7* Yoda last time and go on to claim they beat him this time with five lv60 gear VII toons or something and have a grand old time telling peoople to stop whining.

And I have no doubt that if you try enough times, the 7* Yoda challenge is possible. Just as climbing Everest, eating 30 hotdogs in 5 minutes, or scoring 1400 in the SAT. They are all possible.

But the point of it being ''doable'' is moot.

The question you have to wonder is: why would the developers think it is a good idea to raise the difficulty of the challenge to this level? Do they believe the players would find it ''fun''? Or do they expect there is money to be made in this maneuver?

You would think the developers would have learned their lesson when they, for no obvious reason, made the Daily Challenges ridiculously difficult in the previous big update, and had to change it back after a mere few days. But no, they still don't seem to be able to distinguish the difference between ''challenging'' and ''frustrating''.

Mobile game is supposed to be fun. You can't seriously expect people to hold onto their little phones and give the challenge 500 tries before they pull it out. It is not supposed to be a SAT test which you prepared for a few months and in the end the Ivy League schools tell you only the elite 1% get accepted and the rest 99% can go home and screw themselves.

The other factor the developers MAY (haha) have in mind is profit. But let's say you are a hamburger vendor. If you want to up your profit, do you just start selling your burgers for $2 which you sold for only $1 just yesterday? Only an idiioot would do that! What you do is you add a piece of cheese to it and call it cheese burger and sell that for $2 instead. If you want people to pay, give them new products. Nobody minds if you make beating the Rancor or the new lv8 LS/DS/Cantina difficult, but STOP modifying old content for no particular reason. You want to make a new buck? Make people collect five Empire toons and give them Emperor Palpatine. Nobody is going to be happy when you make old content a chore and a grind.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Isn't that idea simple enough?

And I can assure you that I don't have a QGJ nor barris 7* so and I don't have a 7* yoda and I will leave with me and my entire guild plusy friends if this is not fix
  • Options
    Will2247 wrote: »
    Definitely super hard... took me over 5 hours of trying to get lucky with RNG and win it on 7*. It's doable, but everything has to fall your way, including yoda not getting a key critical hit and just one shot killing a toons once protection is gone (then full TM regeneration so he kills the next one and the next one).

Tried literally hundreds of times and the only strategy that finally worked for me was the one others have suggested here. Retreated until I got barriss with a weaker tune (was Kit for me). Then killed Kit first. Worked barriss down to near 0 health and waited for her to "heal" yoda for -40% health. Then focused down yoda. I used lumis heal early when working down the support and I wasn't worried if yoda stole it.

Even with that strategy, I had to get really lucky. Had some key debunks with HB by QGJ that granted offense up at critical times. And yoda only critical hit one time once my toons had their protection gone... a crit there would have ended it for me as he regens TM and kills everyone.

TL;DR it's super hard. It's incredibly frustrating. But it's doable... if the force is with you (i.e a boat load of fortunate RNG). Good luck.

The game shouldn't be about luck. To get a cahance at lvl 7 Yoda requires hrs of work. They should make Yoda easy to get as a reward and then some hard quests for special prizes

I don't disagree... it was not fun at all. I wish it had been easier. Just sharing the strategy that finally ended my torture.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z979Zj1O574

This video was pre-update yoda, but the method in the video is still applicable to post-update yoda.
    Credit goes to oTradeMark for making the video. Go to 6:04 for the real attempt.

Get wet noodle adds, ignore one add, finish off yoda and the other add.Damage is higher now, but you now get the chance to dispel yoda and get offense up

That's what I did. got Barriss and eeth koth,attacked barriss till she equalized, then focussed everything on yoda. Barriss seems to only equalize once and that's it. Didn't heal herself even when she was in the red.
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options

The assist attack with extra damage is really important and debuffing his tenacity up and getting O up for yourself is critical As well.

7* Yoda's masterstroke seem to have a cooldown of 1 turn at most. He can always steal your offense up if he is not stunned. And once he has offense up it is over (13000 damage non critical; 20000 critical).

not true.he doesn't have a 1 cd on masterstroke. He doesn't/can't steal another ability after stealing lumi's heal over time. I have NEVER let him steal offense up and let him spread to his adds. Not even once. Instead of lying, why not try what people have said works?

I never said he spread the offense up to his aids.

Many can testify that it goes something like this: Yoda will steal whatever buffs you have, then you dispel him with QGJ, Yoda does one other action (the one turn cool down), and in his next turn he can steal your offense up (QGJ's offense up lasts 2 turns). It happens to me numerous times. So get your head outta your butt.
  • Andro
    17 posts Member
    Options
    I finnally beat him after maybe spending my whole night on the phone, ridiculously hard but can be done, i used Barris lvl 77 (L), qgj lvl 77, lumi lvl 77, jc lvl 70 and Eeth lvl 70 all gear 8. :)
  • JGLion
    20 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Basically if you don't have QJG don't bother. Why not just make him a requirement and be done

You don't need QGJ!

33wkqr4.jpg

2qs3uxl.jpg

• Saturn74
    78 posts Member
    Options

Just as I am sure that there are trolls who have already got 7* Yoda last time and go on to claim they beat him this time with five lv60 gear VII toons or something and have a grand old time telling peoople to stop whining.

And I have no doubt that if you try enough times, the 7* Yoda challenge is possible. Just as climbing Everest, eating 30 hotdogs in 5 minutes, or scoring 1400 in the SAT. They are all possible.

The question you have to wonder is: why would the developers think it is a good idea to raise the difficulty of the challenge to this level? Do they believe the players would find it ''fun''? Or do they expect there is money to be made in this maneuver?

You would think the developers would have learned their lesson when they, for no obvious reason, made the Daily Challenges ridiculously difficult in the previous big update, and had to change it back after a mere few days. But no, they still don't seem to be able to distinguish the difference between ''challenging'' and ''frustrating''.

Mobile game is supposed to be fun. You can't seriously expect people to hold onto their little phones and give the challenge 500 tries before they pull it out. It is not supposed to be a SAT test which you prepared for a few months and in the end the Ivy League schools tell you only the elite 1% get accepted and the rest 99% can go home and screw themselves.

The other factor the developers MAY (haha) have in mind is profit. But let's say you are a hamburger vendor. If you want to up your profit, do you just start selling your burgers for $2 which you sold for only $1 just yesterday? Only an idiioot would do that! What you do is you add a piece of cheese to it and call it cheese burger and sell that for $2 instead. If you want people to pay, give them new products. Nobody minds if you make beating the Rancor or the new lv8 LS/DS/Cantina difficult, but STOP modifying old content for no particular reason. You want to make a new buck? Make people collect five Empire toons and give them Emperor Palpatine. Nobody is going to be happy when you make old content a chore and a grind.

And I also will ensure you that it would be a $10k loss of they don't fix it.
  • Mihai29
    592 posts Member
    Options

I dont believe one word
    Hes critical before was 7k-9k damage,not 13k-15k damage like now
    So go fool someone else mate
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Many can testify that it goes something like this: Yoda will steal whatever buffs you have, then you dispel him with QGJ, Yoda does one other action (the one turn cool down), and in his next turn he can steal your offense up (QGJ's offense up lasts 2 turns). It happens to me numerous times. So get your head outta your butt.

I did it with offense up at least twice on yoda, never allowed him to steal it, and beat him.

Question is did you listen to second-hand accounts instead of trying it yourself?

• Saturn74
    78 posts Member
    Options

I will also ensure you yoda does 15K damage everytime he attacks, on top of that next month probably be hard than this month and I'm not going to keep spending money to upgrade characters if your just going to increase the difficulty everytime
  • Options
    So the lesson to learn from this is we need a specific team in order to beat him. Why they couldn't tell us that in the first place, I don't know. Everyone who's beat Yoda has Eeth Koth. He's, apparently, the big requirement. Glad I spent absolutely no time on him. Thanks EA.
  • Larfleeze
    208 posts Member
    Options
    I can't comment on strategy for 7* as I'm still stuck on 6. I have gotten yoda into r d 2 or 3 times out of 50+ using my toons and every strategy or different combination I can think of. 5* wasn't nearly this hard and my toons were much lower geared and leveled. I find this extremely broken and completely against their claim of balance since it appears so without at least one of qgj, bar, Ben, or mace this isn't achievable.

Oh well maybe after 3 -4 more months of hurting every other part of my game by focusing on this, maybe just maybe, then I can get this one toon that isn't nearly as strong as the version that have to fight to get him. Sigh...
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options
    Mihai29 wrote: »

I dont believe one word

Not to mention his sidekicks hit a lot harder too.

I have seen his JC hit 8000+ on critical.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    El_Toro wrote: »
    So the lesson to learn from this is we need a specific team in order to beat him. Why they couldn't tell us that in the first place, I don't know. Everyone who's beat Yoda has Eeth Koth. He's, apparently, the big requirement. Glad I spent absolutely no time on him. Thanks EA.

This is quite funny as the first time Yoda was around no one could beat him with Eeth Koth. It wasn't until the 2nd appearance using the Barris trick that someone used Eeth to beat him.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the 12k-15k attacks are much more than what the previous yoda was before, not sure what the announcement was about
  • Options
    BobAFeet wrote: »
    Go at Yoda first..take him out and the others will fall. That's how I did it. Disappointingly, when you get Yoda at 7 star, gear Ix, he still kind of sucks.

Exactly what I thought. We will never be able to have a yoda like this. That's the rub. Basically one shots 7* max gear max level jedi like its nothing. My Ataru does 2300-3500 in damage depending on crits. This attack averages 10,000k is the omega level of ataru +250% in damage??
  • Mihai29
    592 posts Member
    Options
    Mihai29 wrote: »

I dont believe one word

Not to mention his sidekicks hit a lot harder too.

I have seen his JC hit 8000+ on critical.

Oh yes,ive seen plo hitting 10k damage,
    I was like wth!
    The event is broken,they dont want to admit it
    Its like when they bring the update and all the challenges were very very hard
    Now the history repeats
  • Options
    Saturn74 wrote: »

And I can assure you that I don't have a QGJ nor barris 7* so and I don't have a 7* yoda and I will leave with me and my entire guild plusy friends if this is not fix

Hellcat nailed it
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options

I did it with offense up at least twice on yoda, never allowed him to steal it, and beat him.

Question is did you listen to second-hand accounts instead of trying it yourself?

What part of ''it happens to me numerous times" do you not understand?
  • Options
    How do they explain YouTube videos from previous events that show Yoda doing much less damage?

Please fix the Yoda event!
  • Options
    El_Toro wrote: »

This is quite funny as the first time Yoda was around no one could beat him with Eeth Koth. It wasn't until the 2nd appearance using the Barris trick that someone used Eeth to beat him.

You may be right. Everyone I've seen on here that has beat him today had Barriss and Eeth. Most also had QGJ, Lumi, and JC.

This discussion has been closed.