Wow, can we say dump?
  • Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    Wow, can we say dump?

may we blink?
  • Larfleeze
    208 posts Member
    Options
    My problem is less about lum's heal, but a damage buff he seams to get on the rare times I get him under 50% heal. At that time his turn metter is constantly full and getting foresight on every attack.

I don't believe for a second he was this powerful when max lvl was 70.
  • Ace5
    134 posts Member
    Options
    Actually I would chose to believe Jesse's post on Yoda being lvl 90 all the while.

What's screwed is the protection he's getting. Protection scales at approximately 3-4K/gear level. Given most of our toons are stuck at g8-9 and Yoda at g11-12......that's abt 12k additional hp.

12k guys....that's the hp for one character. So now u got to kill Yoda twice essentially. And don't give us the excuse that WE have protection now cause you made us all stuck at g8-9.

Poor design, evidence of a lack of testing and effort. Once again demonstrates how this game tries to do too much but does not have the resources to do so. Only thing improving is making it more of a cash grab. I've played since Nov and I can feel the pain of new players.

+1 exactly correct
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    Misinformation....
  • Options
    EA_Jesse
    458 POSTS ADMIN May 12, 2016 9:55PM
    Greetings,
    Today has brought up quite a few conversations about Grand Master Yoda and how the event has changed. I wanted to share some additional details with everyone on what has changed and what stayed the same:
    He’s always been at Level 90, the ability to see his level was added in a recent update.
    His speed was reduced in an earlier update
    He is now affected by Protection
    His abilities were always at the Omega material level for tier VII
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Twitter - Darokaz
    Flag Quote

can it really be that people were beating a level 90 omega yoda with level 70 gear 8 jedi? i dont feel like this is accurate.

I would agree that it doesn't seem too accurate considering in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z979Zj1O574 Yoda is not hitting crits over 10k like he is now.

Absolutely. This developer update is completely bogus. I'm tempted to find and post videos of kills then and now and spreadsheet the damage taken and dealt to statistically show he has been scaled up and that we were just lied to.
  • Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    Options
    I saw crits for 20k, and strings of three crits in a row (resulting in 3 for 3 kills on basically full-health toons), each hitting well over 10k. Really have no idea how it's even possible, but he'd just go hulk and kill three toons before anyone else could move. Ended maybe 8-10 battles in a row that way, just on the hairy edge of winning.

It's way frustrating. But got him eventually. It's not winnable outright, through brute force or through strategy. Just gotta keep playing the odds till you get lucky.

I will say, however, that ea's statement that basically nothing has changed since the last appearance is very difficult to find credible.
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I just beat 7* yoda challenge with Lv71 Mace (Lead), Lv79 QGJ, Lv79 Lumi, Lv77 JC, Lv71 Eeth Koth. So there is hope people!!

7eAbKHR.jpg

6TlPMtP.jpg

10biEJi.jpg
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Jaybayblay
    233 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Wow are you EA kids serious? This yoda is WAY stronger than the old one
  • Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    @DarthMasterShawn :) this is great!

Thanks. Thought some humor was needed, at my and Yodas expense,lol.
  • Options
    Wow 3 consecutive failed escapes. Salute your perseverance!

Had racked up a good run I was seeing it through,lol.
  • jshepherd20
    8 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    "Yoda is now affected by Protection."

What does that even mean?

I'm so glad I beat it today on the first try before reading these posts. I would have been scared to death. I didn't encounter anything that's been posted. Must have gotten extremely lucky.
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    Still no win here, someone please explain how to win w/o QGJ
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options

I don't believe it to be possible.

The assist attack with extra damage is really important and debuffing his tenacity up and getting O up for yourself is critical As well.

That said I don't think anyone beat original Yoda without QG
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options
    EA_Jesse
    458 POSTS ADMIN May 12, 2016 9:55PM
    Greetings,
    Today has brought up quite a few conversations about Grand Master Yoda and how the event has changed. I wanted to share some additional details with everyone on what has changed and what stayed the same:
    He’s always been at Level 90, the ability to see his level was added in a recent update.
    His speed was reduced in an earlier update
    He is now affected by Protection
    His abilities were always at the Omega material level for tier VII
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Twitter - Darokaz
    Flag Quote

can it really be that people were beating a level 90 omega yoda with level 70 gear 8 jedi? i dont feel like this is accurate.

I would agree that it doesn't seem too accurate considering in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z979Zj1O574 Yoda is not hitting crits over 10k like he is now.

Yes, good find. The number of crits is far, far lower in this. His hits here are mostly circa 4k, whereas I was seeing around 6k most hits and a significant number of crits hitting, those being 12-14k - consistently.

I had JKG hit me for 6.5k+ which you'd never imagine possible!
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Actually I would chose to believe Jesse's post on Yoda being lvl 90 all the while.

What's screwed is the protection he's getting. Protection scales at approximately 3-4K/gear level. Given most of our toons are stuck at g8-9 and Yoda at g11-12......that's abt 12k additional hp.

12k guys....that's the hp for one character. So now u got to kill Yoda twice essentially. And don't give us the excuse that WE have protection now cause you made us all stuck at g8-9.

Poor design, evidence of a lack of testing and effort. Once again demonstrates how this game tries to do too much but does not have the resources to do so. Only thing improving is making it more of a cash grab. I've played since Nov and I can feel the pain of new players.

Unless my game was glitched Yoda and his Jedi don't have any protection in the challenge. That was the first thing I looked for when the battle began. No protection bar to be seen.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Mezmo wrote: »
    Yea, if you let him take he heal, you lose. So don't.

Not true.

I let him take the heal, so he's now doing one less attack on my jedi.Dispelled his heal, whole team gets offense up, focus on yoda. If he has foresight I don't really care, just remove his foresight with a basic and keep attacking him. if his toons get foresight, ignore them, it will pass, just focus on yoda. btw had at least two offense up on yoda because he was being dumb.

Every turn he's doing something dumb like spreading abilities or stealing buffs(with the exception of offense up) is a godsend.Because he is not attacking you.
  • Armitage
    18 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    They have officially made it so that those who invested tons of money early game benefitted by getting their Yoda to 7 star...and now the rest of us will never see this...I've dumped over $1000 into this game since launch...and I will never see my yoda hit 7 star cause they decided to make him impossible to beat....
  • Armitage
    18 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda event 7 star officially impossible to beat
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    Inconceivable

From my now favorite movie

No longer Star Wars... Great job EA
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »

The assist attack with extra damage is really important and debuffing his tenacity up and getting O up for yourself is critical As well.

Using QGJ's dispel to gain offense up is very bad advise.
    7* Yoda's masterstroke seem to have a cooldown of 1 turn at most. He can always steal your offense up if he is not stunned. And once he has offense up it is over (13000 damage non critical; 20000 critical).

• Options
    fudgra wrote: »
    "Yoda is now affected by Protection."

What does that even mean?

I'm so glad I beat it today on the first try before reading these posts. I would have been scared to death. I didn't encounter anything that's been posted. Must have gotten extremely lucky.
    i would say you probably did. he generally hits Qgj first and takes 100% protection and 20%healt.

i havent received O up from dispelling T up. i only get O up when i dispell health buff
  • BigCAP
    4 posts Member
    Options
    The developers are liars!!! Do they not know there are videos online of other events where Yoda's hit points were not at 17000!!?? It's clear even in the stage 7 opening sequence that all they care about is money "a Jedi must have a deep commitment" or what everyone else knows as deeper pockets. CROOKS
  • Options
    yoda did just that. 3 attacks in a row, 3 OHKs after protection was gone. he is critting at 13,000.

You got off easy. Yoda crit one of my Jedi for over 17,000 earlier today.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hellcat wrote: »

7* Yoda's masterstroke seem to have a cooldown of 1 turn at most. He can always steal your offense up if he is not stunned. And once he has offense up it is over (13000 damage non critical; 20000 critical).

not true.he doesn't have a 1 cd on masterstroke. He doesn't/can't steal another ability after stealing lumi's heal over time. I have NEVER let him steal offense up and let him spread to his adds. Not even once. Instead of lying, why not try what people have said works?
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    This is how you take care of the people who spend big money. You don't let the rest catch up
  • Options
    fudgra wrote: »

Unless my game was glitched Yoda and his Jedi don't have any protection in the challenge. That was the first thing I looked for when the battle began. No protection bar to be seen.

@fudgra Bar is not appearing but I believe they scaled his HP by adding the appropriate amount of protection.

I don't know the exact numbers or how it is done but there definitely is protection because Jesse mentioned "He is now affected by Protection"
  • Will2247
    8 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Definitely super hard... took me over 5 hours of trying to get lucky with RNG and win it on 7*. It's doable, but everything has to fall your way, including yoda not getting a key critical hit and just one shot killing a toons once protection is gone (then full TM regeneration so he kills the next one and the next one).

Tried literally hundreds of times and the only strategy that finally worked for me was the one others have suggested here. Retreated until I got barriss with a weaker tune (was Kit for me). Then killed Kit first. Worked barriss down to near 0 health and waited for her to "heal" yoda for -40% health. Then focused down yoda. I used lumis heal early when working down the support and I wasn't worried if yoda stole it.

Even with that strategy, I had to get really lucky. Had some key debunks with HB by QGJ that granted offense up at critical times. And yoda only critical hit one time once my toons had their protection gone... a crit there would have ended it for me as he regens TM and kills everyone.

I used level 79 QGJ (L), 79 Lumi, 79 JC, 77 Old Ben, 70 Eeth Koth. All gear level 8 except old ben gear level 9.

TL;DR it's super hard. It's incredibly frustrating. But it's doable... if the force is with you (i.e a boat load of fortunate RNG). Good luck.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hellcat wrote: »

Did you beat him on your 3rd try using both heal
    And Oup?

I did.

You debuff him
    He steals buff
    1 cool down
    He spreads it
    2 coolDown
    He gets at most 1 attack if you didn't abity block or stun him
    You steal it again.

And if you time it right to do it after his steal you can debuff him again before he attacks and then Yoda is basicly dead from your two rounds of special attacks with OUP
This discussion has been closed.