Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• Mp44
    157 posts Member
    Options
    I've tried well over 100 attempts, never even close. Lvl 78 gear lvl 8 lumi, ahsoka, qgj, mace and jc.

By the third round he goes 4 times and ohk my remaining jedi every single time.

I have no idea how this is possible for some people.
  • Options
    Reddstorm wrote: »
    This would be doable if I had all the best and perfect Jedi for the encounter leveled to 77 (my current level) fully geared to the absolute max MAYBE. Jedi aren't the only characters in the game so we work on others. We're also in the middle of leveling so we can't afford to spend our non existent credits on **** Jedi we rushed to get at the first announcing of this event. They planned this out and pretty much if you aren't a whale and/or focus on a Jedi team exclusively, you barely get gods to 75%. You people tryin to say it was difficult before too are just wrong or trolling. It's much harder now, and impossible for me specifically despite having the requirements stated.

So are you upset that it's too hard because you choose not to Max out a Jedi team? This event has been going on for months now, you could have focused on gear and level for a Jedi team, instead you chose another route. Maybe you were unaware that 5 7* lvl 1 toons was not enough to beat it. You don't need to be a whale. You just need to plan it out. You will have another month to figure it out afterwards. If you don't want Yoda, then don't max out Jedi. It was hard before, I played it last month and was destroyed. It's not impossible with 76-77 toons at G8. Two of my guild mates did it this morning. I have almost done it for times now.
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Perhaps I'm just more sceptical than you but, for me, critical thinking relies upon not just reading what someone writes, but taking information from a number of sources, including my own eyes. In conjunction with some aggregated feedback from others, I can then begin to form a reasonable opinion of events.

Let's break it down:
    1) The notes don't say "He now has protection", they say "affected by". That's a very ambiguous way to word things when the rest are very clear statements.
    2) The fact that the notes mention protection does not mean it is there. There's no protection bar, he takes health damage immediately. At the very least you can concede that it isn't protection in the normal sense of the word (in the context of this game)
    3) The notes don't mention gear at all, so I'm not sure what you're quoting there, but you may be a little muddled in your shouty, name-calling mist.

Edit: typo
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This is definitely doable. It took me many tries, but I beat VII yesterday with:
    Ahsoka (L)
    Lumi
    JC
    Windu
    QGJ

All my toons are 7 stars and level 77, gear lvl VIII. QGJ with omega basic attack, all others at level 7.

Yoda had Jedi Guardian and Plo Koon as support. Took yoda first, then JG, and last Plo. Had lumi and Windu standing at the end.

It can be done. Have patience. I think maybe that's what Yoda is trying to teach you during this trial! ;)
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    I remember getting one shot for 12k + at level 70.

Not only that but it only proves RNG works.. doesn't mean they changed anything its STILL random damage counters... so back then this video showed more nominal hits, still does not change the FACT Devs did nothing to increase Yoda damage.

• Kalcor
    92 posts Member
    Options
    It has been confirmed by a major company starting with just vowels that defeating yoda without QGJ or Bariss in your party IS NOT POSSIBLE.

I talked to the president on the phone.. He laughed and told me how you need OP toons and such. Then we had Taco Bell. He bought me a chalupa.
    Mmmmmm deep friend junk food
  • Options
    BoboFoot wrote: »
    People exaggerate to try and make their point.

Honestly, if you don't have 5 Jedi at gear 8 MINIMUM and level 80 why are you expecting to clear this with ease?

People who cleared it before were probably max gear/level then. Level/gear goes up, you should be at that before you are complaining that you can't clear it.

I cleared it, level 78, mix of 7-9 gear. Took about 20-25 attempts. When I cleared it it wasn't that hard really. It is manageable with the right set up, adds and approach.

People do exaggerate, however, I've just had yoda 1 shot crit my QGJ on the very first turn (again) with a hit of 15130.

To be honest, the event shouldn't scale with difficulty - if a bigger challenge is needed, introduce another event with another character that is supposed to be harder

As it turns out, I have 7 Jedi at level 7, with 5 of them being level 73 and gear 8.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    I'm skeptical of all of this.
  • SithAuno
    39 posts Member
    Options
    Not true. I did it without them
  • BoboFoot
    212 posts Member
    Options
    PixieClock wrote: »

People do exaggerate, however, I've just had yoda 1 shot crit my QGJ on the very first turn (again) with a hit of 15130.

To be honest, the event shouldn't scale with difficulty - if a bigger challenge is needed, introduce another event with another character that is supposed to be harder

As it turns out, I have 7 Jedi at level 7, with 5 of them being level 73 and gear 8.

So your guys aren't a high enough level. Get them to a higher level and maybe you will clear it. I don't feel you can complain about the difficulty of an event when you are hindering yourself.

It's not designed for level 1 characters, why are you assuming it's designed for characters that are any less than max level?
  • Eetu
    2 posts Member
    Options
    I beat Yoda today with Old Ben (L), JC, Eeth Koth, Luminara and Qui-Gon. First I killed Ahsoka, then Yoda and last Eeth. I finished the battle with 4 Jedis, only JC died.
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Options
    This is a little ridiculous.

All level 72 except EK (70) -Lumi 7*, rest are 6* - JC, Barriss, QGJ, EK. All are Gear 8 with Lumi and QGJ one slot from Gear 9.

I cant even get Yoda into the yellow! I did it two times out of 27 tries. Tried basic attacks only, those do zero damage to him. Tried specials and he gains crazy turn meter. He is going 3-5 times in a row! Then he crits for over 10K. Then he goes on a foresight string where I just cant touch him and he keeps going and going and going.

I used to hate the Dooku dodge and other AI shenanigans but this is waaaay worse. I'm pretty laid back and I about threw my new iPad out the window several times.
  • Options
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    I remember getting one shot for 12k + at level 70.

Not only that but it only proves RNG works.. doesn't mean they changed anything its STILL random damage counters... so back then this video showed more nominal hits, still does not change the FACT Devs did nothing to increase Yoda damage.

Stop being a suck up. It's readily apparent that they DID increase the damage.
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    Options
    This is definitely doable. It took me many tries, but I beat VII yesterday with:
    Ahsoka (L)
    Lumi
    JC
    Windu
    QGJ

All my toons are 7 stars and level 77, gear lvl VIII. QGJ with omega basic attack, all others at level 7.

Yoda had Jedi Guardian and Plo Koon as support. Took yoda first, then JG, and last Plo. Had lumi and Windu standing at the end.

It can be done. Have patience. I think maybe that's what Yoda is trying to teach you during this trial! ;)
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    143 times
    We fought that beast
    Your roster and me
    It had a goblin head with strange feet
    With yodas face too
    And it was waiting on event table for us
    Then it ripped your roster a part
    He was doing something aweful
    In fact there was this huge mess
    And we had to retreat too...
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    People exaggerate to try and make their point.

Honestly, if you don't have 5 Jedi at gear 8 MINIMUM and level 80 why are you expecting to clear this with ease?

People who cleared it before were probably max gear/level then. Level/gear goes up, you should be at that before you are complaining that you can't clear it.

I cleared it, level 78, mix of 7-9 gear. Took about 20-25 attempts. When I cleared it it wasn't that hard really. It is manageable with the right set up, adds and approach.

I have QGJ at level 79 and gear 8. He has 16747 health including protection. Maybe you need to level up a bit to avoid that one shot.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Mihai29
    592 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

So your guys aren't a high enough level. Get them to a higher level and maybe you will clear it. I don't feel you can complain about the difficulty of an event when you are hindering yourself.

It's not designed for level 1 characters, why are you assuming it's designed for characters that are any less than max level?

Mate,i got my jedi team lvl 78 and i cant make it
    Jesse said hes affected by protection,that means he does double damage then usual with 13k critical damage
    That is broken!
  • Options

Just admit you are a **** and don't understand plain english. Its from developer notes.. its pretty clear what they did. So you don't see the bar, and??!? You going to complain about that too?

Waaah.. I can't see protection bar.. waaah.. so what its STILL there, protection is protection.. PERIOD. Don't know what you are griping about.
    Still haven't answered two of the questions though have you? Reading fail?

If there is no change other than to "add protection", then why does yoda now do double the damage he used to?

Perhaps it's you that having problems understanding plain English?

I gave you the **** developer notes. If you can't be bothered to ASK them that's your problem not mine.

HE isn't double damage.. I clearly stated WHAT DEVS said Yoda is 90, always been Yoda has ALWAYS been this hard.

If you want answers ASK THEM. ITs pretty clear WHAT protection means, other people get it why not you?

I think your wrong in the past events he didn't hit this hard or anywhere near it. The problem is unless you toons are max level and max gear level you just out of luck. And I also think people are not complaining because they want the event to be super easy I know I was expecting it to be tough but from what I have seen and heard from my friends it's impossible. So please take a screen shot and post it kind of a way to brag. I'm going to keep trying but I'm not very optimistic about the outcome
  • BoboFoot
    212 posts Member
    Options
    HerrDrFunk wrote: »
    Stop being a suck up. It's readily apparent that they DID increase the damage.

It seems more like his crit chance has raised more than his base damage has been increased. While this equates to "his damage has increased" it's technically not the case.

• Options
    Bariss and QGJ are OP?
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Berimbolo
    946 posts Member
    Options
    Did it with

78 QGJ Gear 9
    74 Lumi Gear 8
    74 Barriss Gear 8
    72 JC Gear 8
    72 Koth Gear 8

Took a bunch of tries, Barriss lead the most reliable

Old Ben and Koth I think, took put Koth first, Old Ben and then Yoda, finished with all 5 alive after getting killes the matches before

• BoboFoot
    212 posts Member
    Options
    I think your wrong in the past events he didn't hit this hard or anywhere near it. The problem is unless you toons are max level and max gear level you just out of luck. And I also think people are not complaining because they want the event to be super easy I know I was expecting it to be tough but from what I have seen and heard from my friends it's impossible. So please take a screen shot and post it kind of a way to brag. I'm going to keep trying but I'm not very optimistic about the outcome

How many people need to post that they have cleared it before it is clear that it isn't impossible.

76/77/78, Gear 7/8/9. People are clearing with those.
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Mp44 wrote: »
    I've tried well over 100 attempts, never even close. Lvl 78 gear lvl 8 lumi, ahsoka, qgj, mace and jc.

By the third round he goes 4 times and ohk my remaining jedi every single time.

I have no idea how this is possible for some people.

I passed with the exact lineup u have. Try Ahsoka lead. Getting two tanks as Yoda's support I think gives the best shot, as they don't contribute too much damage while u focus fire on yoda.
  • Options
    Took me a bit at 6 star (only been playing for about 3 months so limited roster/gear). Had to target yoda first and get lucky dodging some of his big hits.

For those who are newer (like my son's account that just hit 70), any thoughts on 5 star? All purple gear and 65+. Yoda starts out with 3 attacks regardless of whether or not he kills anyone.

I recall 5 star being a joke prior to the pre71+. Then again, people said 6 star used to be easy too...
  • Options
    I find it hard to believe that yoda was always at level 90 especially when people beat and at lvl 70 before and they've "only made it easier" from before
  • Amnor
    116 posts Member
    Options
    Protection makes the difference. Yoda was never easy to beat nor he should be. A lot of people are able to win the battle so its doable. Just use the right strategy and use your heroes to the maximum.
  • Options
    It's certainly not easier. They moved the goal posts on this one. They will probably move your thread to the garbage thr... I mean, "mega" thread where it can be more easily ignored.
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Kalcor
    92 posts Member
    Options
    SithAuno wrote: »
    Not true. I did it without them

Oh ok.. When last time or this time? Because even if you run Ashoka as lead it will not make a difference.

You might as well just say I used JKG, Ploo koon, Eth Koth, JC, and Anakin. The absolute worst jedi's to win this.
  • Options
    Hi, i'm trying to beat Yoda 5 star, but it was almost impossible. I'm using 2 seven stars purple, one 6 star and 2 five star, and i can't get him yellow. Any tips please? I think that the challenge is a bit unbalanced becouse is impossible beat him with 5 star caracters, he is too fast.
  • Options
    trashcanus wrote: »
    Hellcat wrote: »
    Wolviebane wrote: »
    I cannot believe the devs would straight up lie to us knowing people can watch videos of past yoda events and see they were doing half the damage he does now.

It is sad that honesty isn't what they are about. From Reddit calling out people for complaining and saying nothing has changed. It is like I am seeing Jesse face on Baghdad bob trying to act like nothing is wrong, when the last three updates and this event have been a disgrace, but why I am I not surprised this is EA we are talking about voted worst company in America numerous times. That's a great goal to achieve looks like they could heading down the path yet again.

Exactly. For the trolls who keep saying ''it was just as difficult back then''. Obviously they are talking out of their butts because if they had finished the event before, they don't get to play this Yoda event.
    Here are the video of the 7* yoda challenge back then
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z979Zj1O574
    If you can't be bother with numbers, notice how Yoda's basic removes only 1/5 (1/4 at most) of QGJ's health bar? Now he ALWAYS puts you into yellow or even red with one hit. And if the AI decides to hit you with his sidekicks next, your toon is gone. Doesn't matter how much health you start with. And the developers dare to make it sound like it is the same as before.

SO, Yoda doesn't crit at 10k-15k like he does right now, and @EA_Jesse said nothing was changed (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/39229/grand-master-yoda-event-info-5-12-2016#latest), LOL ! They have no scruples about lying to us !

No response yet from any dev?
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
This discussion has been closed.