Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    PixieClock wrote: »
    Jazz66 wrote: »
    I'd love to know what "He is now affected by protection" means.

I think it means that they doubled his damage to get through your protection. Unfortunately, this means that once your protection is gone (in one shot) he still does double damage and it only takes him one further to shot to kill a character. Or he simple one shot kills Mace, QGJ, EK and some others right from fully protected with a lucky crit.

And this is one reason why the whole protection mechanic is broken.

Its the same protection you get.. go into stats for any gear VII character, look at protection its not more damage its like a shield...

• PixieClock
    110 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »

I think it means that they doubled his damage to get through your protection. Unfortunately, this means that once your protection is gone (in one shot) he still does double damage and it only takes him one further to shot to kill a character. Or he simple one shot kills Mace, QGJ, EK and some others right from fully protected with a lucky crit.

Its the same protection you get.. go into stats for any gear VII character, look at protection its not more damage its like a shield...

So why doesn't he display the extra protection bar? And why does his health bar show he is taking damage as soon as you start attacking him? And why does he now do at least double the damage he used to (I've seen him crit for 15k when he one shotted QGJ)?

Just admit that you have no idea what you're talking about.

• Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options

So why doesn't he display the extra protection bar? And why does his health bar show he is taking damage as soon as you start attacking him?

I don't think he's even played it this time around. I guess he just likes trolling. Sigh.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • DaKraken
    121 posts Member
    Options
    Stop whining, many people have clmpleted the event. So it is doable. Just because you can't finish it doesnt mean it is broken. Ffs
  • Arkangil
    64 posts Member
    Options
    I think my issue is no solid hitter. Plo only hits for 1500. Eeth only a little more. Then lumi heal over time gets stolen and yoda heals. Should have farmed qgj all this time
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options
    Trying to better understand the mechanics of unannounced changes to a challenge does not constitute whining. I think everyone knows it's doable, but players are finding it harder than expected based on last time around. They're entitled to express their concerns and frustrations without being told to "stop whining". If you don't want to read it, don't open the thread.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • Options
    So for a game to be fun it has to be really really easy to just get to the end?

Man, I wish all these younger people complaining about this, had to play the games we had on early video game systems. I can here it now.

Foxtrot Nintendo, Mike Tyson is impossible. This game isn't fun. Blah Blah.

Seriously, Punchout was one of the best games ever, and partly because is was so incredibly hard to beat.

Entitlement vs Earned. You guys need to stop complaining, get better and earn it, If you have to build for the next event then do that. Have a goal, work a solution to get that goal, complete goal. Welcome to real life!
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options

So why doesn't he display the extra protection bar? And why does his health bar show he is taking damage as soon as you start attacking him? And why does he now do at least double the damage he used to (I've seen him crit for 15k when he one shotted QGJ)?

Just admit you are a **** and don't understand plain english. Its from developer notes.. its pretty clear what they did. So you don't see the bar, and??!? You going to complain about that too?

Waaah.. I can't see protection bar.. waaah.. so what its STILL there, protection is protection.. PERIOD. Don't know what you are griping about.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options

I don't think he's even played it this time around. I guess he just likes trolling. Sigh.

Not only did I play it I BEAT it.. just because YOU are having a hard time does NOT conclude the event is broken, maybe they need to have a special ed Yoda event for you..

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

Man, I wish all these younger people complaining about this, had to play the games we had on early video game systems. I can here it now.

Seriously, Punchout was one of the best games ever, and partly because is was so incredibly hard to beat.

Entitlement vs Earned. You guys need to stop complaining, get better and earn it, If you have to build for the next event then do that. Have a goal, work a solution to get that goal, complete goal. Welcome to real life!

Brad, you and I must be of the same generation. Unfortunately, your post may fall on deaf ears but I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone in your thoughts!
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Joe_Cus
    152 posts Member
    Options
    Arkangil wrote: »
    I think my issue is no solid hitter. Plo only hits for 1500. Eeth only a little more. Then lumi heal over time gets stolen and yoda heals. Should have farmed qgj all this time

Bingo. Ashoka hits hard too.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    SS0DEN wrote: »
    After about 50 attempts I was able to complete it, but I agree it's **** what EA did.

They did NOTHING..

Yoda has not changed apart from making him get protection
  • Fragoola
    15 posts Member
    Options
    I think the issue is the added damage versus the un- healable protection. All protection is gone by 2nd turn and Yoda hits up to 21K damage. If you could restore the protection - then it might be close to what it was. But no one who already had 7* Yoda can really understand the difference.
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    Options
    I finished Yoda 7* challenge after half an hour of trying again and again. I had Barris Lead, QGJ, Ashoka, Lumi and JC. The opponent was Kit and Barris.

Barris lead helps a lot to give you extra survivability so that Yoda do not one shoot you once the protection is gone. If Yoda kills a toon, his TM becomes full and goes on rampage mode. Also I kept hitting Barris till she was read and used her healing. to reduce Yoda health by 1/3rd. Also used QGJ debuff on kit's potency up on Yoda to gain offense up. Saved the specials to use till I got am offense up. Once Yoda health was reduced by Barris health equalizer I went all guns blazing on Yoda and was lucky to defeat him.

Also, it seems you can use QGJ debuff even if Yoda tenacity is up, a bug maybe.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    wisenuts wrote: »
    cry cry cry. It's a game.
    And games are supposed to be fun. Currently it's not.

Says you.. its still fun for me, the fun is in the challenge not just click and win.. easy isn't fun its boring... if you are not having fun, you can always go play something else..
  • Heine
    0 posts Member
    Options
    143 times tried.

I know my ability is poor.

but get stress too much !

I am trying to delete this game now.

bye
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    It kind of fits with all his quotes

Patience you must have young padawan

Luke: I don't believe I can do it
    Yoda: That is why you fail

• Options
    Go page 29, post #2, and you'll see if they did nothing ...
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

Not only did I play it I BEAT it.. just because YOU are having a hard time does NOT conclude the event is broken, maybe they need to have a special ed Yoda event for you..

If you used Barriss/Ashoka don't talk here ok?
  • Options

Oh, stop being melodramatic. That's not what I said and you know it. There's a difference between challenging because it needs skill and challenging because it's almost completely down to luck.
  • Options
    Yoda just hit me for 6k critical on masterstroke... And the JKG just criticaled me for 7k. Lol. Let's keep saying that the event hasn't changed. ****
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Do or do not. There is no try
  • Options
    At least last month... I could get Yoda into the red... Now I can't even do that. Guess I should have farmed different toons. EK is as worthless as tatas on a Billy goat.
  • Options

Just admit you are a **** and don't understand plain english. Its from developer notes.. its pretty clear what they did. So you don't see the bar, and??!? You going to complain about that too?

Waaah.. I can't see protection bar.. waaah.. so what its STILL there, protection is protection.. PERIOD. Don't know what you are griping about.
    Still haven't answered two of the questions though have you? Reading fail?

If there is no change other than to "add protection", then why does yoda now do double the damage he used to?

Perhaps it's you that having problems understanding plain English?
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    There aren't enough tears in the forum, apparently.
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options
    On par with jar jar? Fail you already have.
  • Options
    SS0DEN wrote: »
    After about 50 attempts I was able to complete it, but I agree it's **** what EA did.

They did NOTHING..

Yoda has not changed apart from making him get protection

So why does he now do double the damage he used to?
  • BoboFoot
    212 posts Member
    Options
    Perhaps it's you that having problems understanding plain English?

that's*

But yeah your point seems correct and Jedi_Yoda is avoiding your questions/being inflammatory because he cannot answer them
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    Ignore the guards, just hit Yoda with basic attacks. Get him out, then unleash on the guards.
This discussion has been closed.