Guilds should have a gear exchange mechanism

paschasc
94 posts Member
The rewards from raids are random. You get a lot of random purples. Not necessarily the ones you need.

There are many gear pieces guildies don't need anymore. They could help the health of the guild by trading them rather than hoarding them. We don't even have a gear inventory system anymore.

All players have 100's of gear pieces that are unusable, but would be useful to another guildie.

This might be a little pie in the sky, but the shard shop should be brought into the guild with extra shard trading allowed between guild members.

Replies

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yes! There could be a Guild Bank where you could deposit items you don't need and withdraw items you do. There would need to be conversion rates for lower level items to be traded up for higher level items and limits of what could be withdrawn and perhaps the ability to adjust permissions to use the guild bank based on certain parameters. Of course it would need to be tracked as well.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • paschasc
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Good ideas. Maybe You could get Guild currency for depositing and pay guild currency for withdrawing. Would simplify the process and everyone gets something out of it!
  • N4T3
    13 posts Member
    Options
    A simple one-for-one trade for the unobtainium pieces would be great
  • paschasc
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Using guild currency would also eliminate the problem of the old gear shop of accidental sales of gear and training droids.

If you "accidently" sell something, you can just buy it right back.

Also, sim tickets! I'm currently at 1,781 sim tickets. I'd take 2 guild currency for a sim ticket in a heartbeat.

Using shards as and exchange rate, 80 guild currency = 50 crystals, or .625 crystals/GC.
    In shipments, 20 ST costs 30 crystals, or 1.5 crystals per sim ticket. That's 2.4 GC/ST.

• Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    Options
    Any solution, any exchange rate, anything will do. Let me do something with the thousands of gear I have. Anything!
  • Kanzi
    45 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Trading unnecessary gear for "gear credits" will be good, I see exchange rate 1 to 10 pretty balanced (e.g. I sell 10 blue gear for gear credits, which will be enough for 1 other blue gear part — of course complete gear should have more value than it's parts).
    Something like (selling):
    - white gear = 1
    - green gear = 20
    - blue gear = 400
    - purple gear = 8000 (while purple gear parts will cost 20 or 50 times less)
    Buying prices will be x10 or x20
  • TK421sa
    10 posts Member
    Options
    How worthless are Bronzium Data Cards?
  • phoebe
    5 posts Member
    Options
    Yes i would love a way to exchange gear. All of the ideas above sound great.
  • paschasc
    94 posts Member
    Options
    TK421sa wrote: »
    How worthless are Bronzium Data Cards?

Not totally worthless, but there should be another card level for like 500 Ally Points, which would eliminate all the white gear. Would be great if it unlocked at player level 75 or something.

I got 2 shards this morning.
  • Czert
    205 posts Member
    Options
    I wanted to sugest exactly same thing. And make it two stages, in first unrestriced you can drop any gear you want and take as much you want - no reward/ limits on it.
    Second will be restricted for blue+ gear only. For puting blue gear you get one gear point, for purple 10 points. Withdraving will cost same, 1 gear point for blue and 10 purple.
    Intention for unrestricted is very simple - to help new guys to easily get gear they need so they can focus more on advancing in game and enjoy it rather than get frustraded by need to grind gear to advance.
  • Options
    This sounds awesome. An actual way for the guild to work together instead of against each other is great
  • Options
    Yes please.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Options
    Trading is always dangerous territory, given the methodology & uproar with guild jumping and how some people consider it an exploit.

A system that involves moving anything between two accounts will open up pandora's box.
  • Options
    What's Team Instinct's motto? "Exploit early, exploit often". With them around its a terrible idea to do anything with exchanges between players or guilds.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Czert
    205 posts Member
    Options
    Trading is always dangerous territory, given the methodology & uproar with guild jumping and how some people consider it an exploit.

A system that involves moving anything between two accounts will open up pandora's box.

Well to preven guild jumping and expolits...well lets implement that guild cache will open for you after 10 days you will be in guild, enough time to expell any leech. And as second rule cache will be closed to you until you give there something AND you will be allowed to withdraw only same amount of gear that you deposit.
    Expoiting prevented very easily.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    I like the idea! Teamwork.
  • Options
    You're welcome. /s