YODA Event Changes! : Comments Megathread.

Replies

• Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    I couldn't beat Yoda, but then again I don't live in my mom's basement... So I'm good
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    The reality is that you could earn yoda 3 ways.
    "earn" him
    use the bug
    use the nerf.
    i am 84/100 on barris today. i will have her by the end of the week. I will never have the chance to try my team against the real yoda. Had i unlocked her today i would still have the nerfed yoda. you can say i have the nerfed yoda, but i was one day away from yoda last time the event was live, and i was one day away when the nerf went live. I could have unlocked him last time, i could have unlocked him tomorrow, but i didnt. and it doesnt matter. i would have. eventually. sometime. but i will never have the chance to be on par with these LEGENDARY GAMERS that earned him friday.

You won't be able to persuade people that what they achieved was truly great. And you know what? If it makes them feel better, then ok i have no problem with that.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Vodo wrote: »
    its a bug because it was not the intended purpose of barris's heal. it was intended to give health back, not make it easier by taking health from yoda. As i said, i knew the answer before asking the question. if not for the bug you wouldn't have aquired him before the nerf either. using a bug to "balance out" is just a cop out because you couldn't "find another way" as you say.

Sorry, but that's ****. Barris doesn't heal much, what she mainly does is eqalize. And that equalization works as intended. So it's not a bug, and ppl who use(d) Barris to beat Yoda were not using a bug but a strategy.

i wasnt talking about people who used barris to beat yoda. i was talking about people who allowed the opposing barris to steal yodas health with her equalization.

I know. But Barris doesn't steal Yodas health. She just uses her skill which is supposed to EQUALIZE the health of all teammembers. So how is that a bug or exploit?
    If EA/CG doesn't want Bariss to use her skill in the event, they could simply block it. Or take out Barris completly. You really think it's a bug and EA/CG didn't realize for month?
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    which now begs the question: did you actually "earn" yoda? or did you use a bug? no need to answer, we already know.

That's really interesting. I think they should take away all the Yodas that were obtained this way.
    between the players that earned him from the bug, and the players that earned him through the nerf, there probably wouldn't be many yodas left. This is the point in the thread where everyone will claim to have legitimately earned him without using the bug. That doesnt bother me at all. the part that bothers me is claiming to be superior, intelligent, skillful, or just plain better than everyone else because you have a pre-nerf yoda, and the reality is you used a bug to unlock him. all this talk about whiners that couldn't hack it, and no one mentions the "bug" that is so widely used to win.

Wanted to make a sarcastic joke post about this but...what's the point? Right now everyone realizes some people won the lottery while others didn't. The devs said that this was not the way it was supposed to go...there's not much more to add to this. It's also as if Yoda was the most powerful toon at 7*. Lol. I will keep using my 6* Yoda because he is basically the same as he is at 7* after he got nerfed. And i will only get him to 7* when doing a tier 7 event.

I have Yoda at 7 stars and he hits a lot harder now than he did at 6 stars, his damage at 6 stars wasn't much. If I understood the update correctly they only nerfed the Yoda we have to defeat in the event, not the Yoda players are actually using.
  • JenikaCY
    16 posts Member
    Options
    When a new event come along, don't waste your enegy or resources, let the whiners and complainers do the hard work for you. Then once it's nerfed then go in and pick up your free gift without any fuss. That's what I have learnt from playing since December.

You do realize that the "hard work" involved in this was supposed to be the time and resources it takes to get five jedi to seven stars, right? They didn't give us a free gift, every single one of us worked for it by training jedi for the past two months.
  • Options
    "earn" him
    use the bug
    use the nerf.
    i am 84/100 on barris today. i will have her by the end of the week. I will never have the chance to try my team against the real yoda. Had i unlocked her today i would still have the nerfed yoda. you can say i have the nerfed yoda, but i was one day away from yoda last time the event was live, and i was one day away when the nerf went live. I could have unlocked him last time, i could have unlocked him tomorrow, but i didnt. and it doesnt matter. i would have. eventually. sometime. but i will never have the chance to be on par with these LEGENDARY GAMERS that earned him friday.

You won't be able to persuade people that what they achieved was truly great. And you know what? If it makes them feel better, then ok i have no problem with that.

well said. and i said the same. i cant change how people feel about unlocking him, and i wouldn't want to, but to claim superiority because you used an exploit to unlock him is just hypocrisy. I wish everone well that unlocked yoda, however they did it. as was said before, the true challenge was to aquire the jedi team over the span of several months, not the 180 seconds it takes to beat him.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    which now begs the question: did you actually "earn" yoda? or did you use a bug? no need to answer, we already know.

That's really interesting. I think they should take away all the Yodas that were obtained this way.
    between the players that earned him from the bug, and the players that earned him through the nerf, there probably wouldn't be many yodas left. This is the point in the thread where everyone will claim to have legitimately earned him without using the bug. That doesnt bother me at all. the part that bothers me is claiming to be superior, intelligent, skillful, or just plain better than everyone else because you have a pre-nerf yoda, and the reality is you used a bug to unlock him. all this talk about whiners that couldn't hack it, and no one mentions the "bug" that is so widely used to win.

Wanted to make a sarcastic joke post about this but...what's the point? Right now everyone realizes some people won the lottery while others didn't. The devs said that this was not the way it was supposed to go...there's not much more to add to this. It's also as if Yoda was the most powerful toon at 7*. Lol. I will keep using my 6* Yoda because he is basically the same as he is at 7* after he got nerfed. And i will only get him to 7* when doing a tier 7 event.

I have Yoda at 7 stars and he hits a lot harder now than he did at 6 stars, his damage at 6 stars wasn't much. If I understood the update correctly they only nerfed the Yoda we have to defeat in the event, not the Yoda players are actually using.

Well you are wrong. He was nerfed on his basic and on his unstoppable force AND on his aoe. And this is probably why they even nerfed the event. Going through all this trouble to get half of what Yoda used to be is counter productive.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Forgot the part where tenacity up is now dispelable. So they basically nerfed all of his abilities.
  • Options
    "earn" him
    use the bug
    use the nerf.

I honestly couldn't care less about recognition or what people think is "earned" or not, I don't think it's about being good, being lucky or not.
    I just think it's a shame that devs are giving in to the never ending sea of complaints, nerfing events, daily challenges, toons, now the Yoda event, what's next? Nerfing Rancor, Heroic Raid?
    I hope there is actually something challenging left to do in this game or what's the point? Auto and sim everything?!
  • Options
    its a bug because it was not the intended purpose of barris's heal. it was intended to give health back, not make it easier by taking health from yoda. As i said, i knew the answer before asking the question. if not for the bug you wouldn't have aquired him before the nerf either. using a bug to "balance out" is just a cop out because you couldn't "find another way" as you say.

Sorry, but that's ****. Barris doesn't heal much, what she mainly does is eqalize. And that equalization works as intended. So it's not a bug, and ppl who use(d) Barris to beat Yoda were not using a bug but a strategy.

i wasnt talking about people who used barris to beat yoda. i was talking about people who allowed the opposing barris to steal yodas health with her equalization.

I know. But Barris doesn't steal Yodas health. She just uses her skill which is supposed to EQUALIZE the health of all teammembers. So how is that a bug or exploit?
    If EA/CG doesn't want Bariss to use her skill in the event, they could simply block it. Or take out Barris completly. You really think it's a bug and EA/CG didn't realize for month?

the same way people use a low level old ben as a sacrafice because he gives buffs on death. do you think they intended people to throw a weak OB in for that reason? no way. Have they done anything to correct that? nope. To use barris's HEAL to remove half of yoda's health? do you think they meant for that to happen? no way. will they change some minute aspect of a character's ability just to make a single instance bug go away? nope.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    "earn" him
    use the bug
    use the nerf.

I honestly couldn't care less about recognition or what people think is "earned" or not, I don't think it's about being good, being lucky or not.
    I just think it's a shame that devs are giving in to the never ending sea of complaints, nerfing events, daily challenges, toons, now the Yoda event, what's next? Nerfing Rancor, Heroic Raid?
    I hope there is actually something challenging left to do in this game or what's the point? Auto and sim everything?!

Complete tier 6/tier 7 of Rancor by yourself if you want a challenge. Get #1 in arena and hold that place. Beat challenges with 1 toon. Beat GW without losing a single toon or making a single swap. Beat GW on auto. And many many more...there are plenty of challenges, you don't need official ones.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

the same way people use a low level old ben as a sacrafice because he gives buffs on death. do you think they intended people to throw a weak OB in for that reason? no way. Have they done anything to correct that? nope. To use barris's HEAL to remove half of yoda's health? do you think they meant for that to happen? no way. will they change some minute aspect of a character's ability just to make a single instance bug go away? nope.

I tried the Old Ben trick. It's surprisingly weak and did not work for me. In offense i mean, defense is much much worse for sure.
  • Options

Well you are wrong. He was nerfed on his basic and on his unstoppable force AND on his aoe. And this is probably why they even nerfed the event. Going through all this trouble to get half of what Yoda used to be is counter productive.

Really, hard to believe the devs would make such a bad move, I guess I had overestimated them... then it's even sadder than I imagined, how pathetic that whiners prevail. Yoda SHOULD be one of the greatest toons in the game.
    So should we expect Vader shards to become more easy to obtain because of all the complaints? And if so will Vader be nerfed accordingly?
    Who cares right? Yoda, Vader, mehh, hey we have GS and RG!
    Galaxy of no Names!
    Sad, sad, sad...
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @AaylaTralala On this subject i agree with you. With how much Yoda actually costs, he should have hardly been nerfed. But...he still has his utility and that's what counts and now there are more rounds so he benefits from that even more. He is very similar to Daka. As far as damage goes...i think out of all toons he got hit with the nerf bat the hardest!
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    JenikaCY wrote: »
    When a new event come along, don't waste your enegy or resources, let the whiners and complainers do the hard work for you. Then once it's nerfed then go in and pick up your free gift without any fuss. That's what I have learnt from playing since December.

You do realize that the "hard work" involved in this was supposed to be the time and resources it takes to get five jedi to seven stars, right? They didn't give us a free gift, every single one of us worked for it by training jedi for the past two months.

+1

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    And that is why i don't care that Yoda hits harder on 7*. He can't do more than 1k-1.5k than at 6*. And against toons that have 40k hp fortitude included that matters not.
  • Options
    "earn" him
    use the bug
    use the nerf.

Complete tier 6/tier 7 of Rancor by yourself if you want a challenge. Get #1 in arena and hold that place. Beat challenges with 1 toon. Beat GW without losing a single toon or making a single swap. Beat GW on auto. And many many more...there are plenty of challenges, you don't need official ones.

This last comment has just invalidated all your previous arguments. I was trying to have an intelligent conversation assuming you were too.
    I am in a fun guild that completes Heroics and I do win rank 1in Arena most nights. As for the other "challenges" you suggested, just silly.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options

I didn't say it was intended, and neither is the Old Ben thing. I just say it not a bug. It's something the devs maybe didn't think of, but clever players figured out. For me that's finding a strategy, not using an exploit.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    "earn" him
    use the bug
    use the nerf.

This last comment has just invalidated all your previous arguments. I was trying to have an intelligent conversation assuming you were too.
    I am in a fun guild that completes Heroics and I do win rank 1in Arena most nights. As for the other "challenges" you suggested, just silly.

There is nothing more silly than an event which you need some exact toons and that is based completely on RNG otherwise. You are a whale then if you only place 1? If so, i understand why you completed the event in 11 tries. Heck i bet Eetk Koth at gear 10 or whatever he can get is actually good compared to other gear 8s. But i don't care enough about him to waste resources on him. And this is every f2p player viewpoint. So yea...thank lord that the nightmare named Yoda event is over, finally we can rejoice and enjoy the game again.
  • Options
    a bug is a bug. an unintended result, for good or bad. If you clip through a wall in a FPS its a bug. if it helps you get through a locked door without a key its still a bug. if it drops you outside the map and kills you its still a bug. the AI chewy used to use taunt, even though he was the last player standing. the AI in this game doesnt know not to use barris's heal or chewy's taunt in certain situations. A live player would know not to do that. the AI aren't programmed that way.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    "earn" him
    use the bug
    use the nerf.

Well I am happy to say I "earned" him. Spent months levelling and gearing Jedi I liked (and not just for this event). Didn't play against him with a Barriss on his team. He had mace and Lumi. The strategy I implemented felt fairly non luck based. No more so than beating a "tough" GW match. And it certainly didn't feel like beating omega weapon in FF8 which was, almost entirely, luck. This felt doable. Didn't take many tries and it never felt impossible.
    A few times I got Yoda down to near death (still not using that Barriss trick) and didn't kill him, and adjusted my attacks until I found a way that worked for me. Sounds like work if I'm not mistaken.
  • Options
    Rafini wrote: »
    "earn" him
    use the bug
    use the nerf.

Well I am happy to say I "earned" him. Spent months levelling and gearing Jedi I liked (and not just for this event). Didn't play against him with a Barriss on his team. He had mace and Lumi. The strategy I implemented felt fairly non luck based. No more so than beating a "tough" GW match. And it certainly didn't feel like beating omega weapon in FF8 which was, almost entirely, luck. This felt doable. Didn't take many tries and it never felt impossible.

well, kudos to you sir. (or madam, as i certainly don't want to be accused of sexism.) the way it was intended, with integrity (you guys ever heard of it? they had it 50 years ago by the bucket full) and by the books. excellent work my friend. i shake your digital hand.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options

well, kudos to you sir. (or madam, as i certainly don't want to be accused of sexism.) the way it was intended, with integrity (you guys ever heard of it? they had it 50 years ago by the bucket full) and by the books. excellent work my friend. i shake your digital hand. [/quote]

Thanks, and good luck on your Barris. Best healer around. Cheers
  • Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Dear everyone calling people whiners regarding this event,

I've played this event twice. I earned my Yoda 7* in the second event (level cap 70, pre balancing). My team that eventually worked out was QGJ (L), Mace, Ahsoka, Lumi, and JC. All were 70 G7-8. The battles were tough-ish. I could play for a few turns before losing any one character and the secondary Jedi on Yoda's team weren't hugely intimidating. I beat him after maybe 5-6 tries against different teams when he had Eeth and Plo.

My room mate just got his Jedi up to 7 for this one. Same team. All level 73-75 and G8. We both tried dozens of times. Wiped in 1-2 rounds every time. Crazy hard. All about praying to RNGeesus.

There were serious issues this time, and I'm happy that they're getting fixed and being brought more in line with what the difficulty was before the balancing/protection/cap raise. It was always tough, but not impossible. Now we have access to higher levels and gear, why should an old challenge keep having the bar raised? It should be completable at the same level it always was.

Now, the NEXT challenge on the other hand... Bring it on!

#YourEntitlementBoresMe #StopWhiningAboutWhiningItSolvesNothing

#CanWeBalanceAFewMoreCharactersPlease
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

I fought Yoda with JKG and JC as his allies, no Barriss trick needed. :smile: I beat him on my 5th actual fight against him after refreshing to get Barriss. BUT! I didn't get Barriss so I went with whatever the game gave me and beat pre-nerf Yoda fair and square. I'm sure I'm not the only one that didn't have to use that bug to beat pre-nerf Yoda.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    you guys are unbelievable. Do you really think that the devs intended for you to retreat until you are facing barris and JKG, then focus down the adds to red and allow barris to use her heal as an anti-heal to bring yoda's health down? I am assuming this is the way most beat yoda pre-nerf. if you did, you didnt "earn" him any more than the post-nerf guys that used attacks to defeat him. Everyone that got him pre-nerf is patting themselves on the back while in reality they just used a bug to win. I applaud those who aquired him by actually fighting him as intended, although these are probably very few cases compared to the ammount of 7* yodas out there.

I was actually gonna do that to save me the headache but I accidentally killed Baris before she could equalize health..lol. So I said oh well I'll just keep on going. Next I took I QGJ. Left yoda all by himself. He took out everyone but two of my remaining squad. Baris and JC. I barely beat him, but I did beat him Thursday w/o that health equalization trick.

I'm just annoyed at the fact that I wasted time,money and resources working to get Koth to 7* G8. I even 7* extra Jedi to make sure I could beat yoda cause I heard the horror stories. I don't regret Baris tho, I absolutely love her. So i started working on her 3 months ago cause I heard she helped a bunch. But Koth..other than a suicide team(which I rarely use anymore) has no purpose to me on this game. Had I known they would make the yoda event easier I could have saved so much in crystals and credits. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy everyone is getting yoda, it's just messed up that a lot of people got cheated out of resources.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Options
    Come on.. Be civil.
    Posting just to troll at each other is really not needed. :|
  • Options
    I still can't even get the tier 5 Yoda down to half health with 6 star qgj, luminara, old Ben, 5 star windu and jc.
  • Options

Why don't you give it a rest!

Who are you and why are you here? You stumble into the wrong saloon pardner'?