Snowtrooper.... What am I missing?

Prev13
He is now farmable in 8C LS, and 7B cantina. Is EA trying to tell us something? I never see him used in the higher levels, yet when the cantina 7 nodes were announced, the dev referred to these new farmable locations as "really good characters"
My snowtrooper if in the trash at 2*, never used. But guess what? My RG used to be in the trash at 2* also! Note he isn't. So now I am behind the curve as lots of folks have a better RG than I. So maybe I'll work on snowtrooper... I dunno

Replies

• Options
    Also shows up I'm guild store
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    Options
    the dev referred to these new farmable locations as "really good characters"

I consider royal guard and ima-gun di good characters. I assume the devs meant those. Anakin is an interesting option too.
    Tusken raider node is pointless since he's an effortless farm in GW shipments.
    Snowtrooper... he's a last resort.
  • kmukayed
    12 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The thing is, a lot of Empire characters have suddenly been posted on all the shipments and stores, for example Tarkin in the Arena shipments and Magmatrooper in the GW shipments. Snowtrooper shows up regularly in guild store and other places. My guess is there's gonna be some sort of Empire Event soon, similar to Yoda's where we can maybe get the Emperor :D
  • Jayma
    9 posts Member
    Options
    Mine is 4* 17/65, i have never farm him, but i get him as complete char 5 or 6 times from bronzium, plus some shards from 8*chromium. Yes the game try to say something to me.
  • Options
    kmukayed wrote: »
    The thing is, a lot of Empire characters have suddenly been posted on all the shipments and stores, for example Tarkin in the Arena shipments and Magmatrooper in the GW shipments. Snowtrooper shows up regularly in guild store and other places. My guess is there's gonna be some sort of Empire Event soon, similar to Yoda's where we can maybe get the Emperor :D

This is exactly why I posted my question.... You may be a genius! I bet that's it!!!!
    Ok. Time to develop your empire team!!
  • Options
    I had a hunch of empire event for a long time now and still believe that will be the next 1, i'd prefer NS or scoundrels myself but maybe next year then. ;)
  • Options

How would Vader be used there in an empire event since he cannot legally be 7* and precious few have him 6* legally?
  • Options

How would Vader be used there in an empire event since he cannot legally be 7* and precious few have him 6* legally?

What do you mean "legally" he's just like any other toon and requires 100 shards to go from 6* to 7* and 85 shards from 5* to 6*.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

What do you mean "legally" he's just like any other toon and requires 100 shards to go from 6* to 7* and 85 shards from 5* to 6*.

Where they get the shards determines legality.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »

Where they get the shards determines legality.

Again what do you mean? The shard shop drops them a lot and I've seen his shard pop up more in daily shipments. Also from achievements in the game. None of these are illegal.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Discussing exploits is against forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Discussing exploits is against forum guidelines.

There aren't any exploits. Just becuase someone has a 6* or 7* Vader doesn't mean they cheated. Just means someone is dedicated to get a maxed out Vader.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    No, there were exploits
  • Options
    No, there were exploits

"Were" not anymore? Someone seems a bit salty that they didn't get 7* Vader for whatever reason.
  • Options
    SnowT has been on my bench stuck at 2* for a very long time. But lately I've been grabbing his shards when I see them and he just got 5* today. Now that Moff is farmable, Empire team is slowly coming together. I've heard they are great in raids.
  • WildWest1974
    628 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This is a quick way to get the discussion closed, but it basically is this:

Even with all possible achievements, and with shard shop and GW randomly dropping Vader shards, it's mathematically impossible for someone to have legitimately earned a 7 star Vader at this point. Anyone who has one got it through an exploit.

No, we cannot talk about the exploit, nor could we start listing out all the other data and scenarios, but for now, 7* Vader does not exist outside of cheating.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

Even with all possible achievements, and with shard shop and GW randomly dropping Vader shards, it's mathematically impossible for someone to have legitimately earned a 7 star Vader at this point. Anyone who has one got it through an exploit.

No, we cannot talk about the exploit, nor could we start listing out all the other data and scenarios, but for now, 7* Vader does not exist outside of cheating.

This
  • Options

Are you dumb? I've had the opportunity to get at least 5 Vader shards a day on average for the past month. If I had the resources to actually buy them that's 150 Vader shards. Now this isn't 7* just yet but it's pretty close and within a couple of days I could have had a 7* Vader.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

Are you dumb? I've had the opportunity to get at least 5 Vader shards a day on average for the past month. If I had the resources to actually buy them that's 150 Vader shards. Now this isn't 7* just yet but it's pretty close and within a couple of days I could have had a 7* Vader.

No you didnt.
  • WildWest1974
    628 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Whatever you say, chief.

@Enarethpower sorry your thread got hijacked by this, and even more sorry if it gets closed down for the topic that hijacked it.
  • Options

No you didnt.

I'm literally looking at two nodes in my shard shop for him and one in my shipments for 3 shards. The RNG gods must favor me, but if that was the case I'd have a lot more Aayla shards.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Once is not every day for a month, dude.
  • Options

This is exactly why I posted my question.... You may be a genius! I bet that's it!!!!
    Ok. Time to develop your empire team!!

Should've started months ago. So far behind now! I made that mistake with Jedi. Highest I got was 6*. Started empire immediately after I got 6* Yoda, when rumors were first circulated.
  • Options

Whatever you say, chief.

@Enarethpower sorry your thread got hijacked by this, and even more sorry if it gets closed down for the topic that hijacked it.

Don't worry about it. As the OP, I would like to ask if anyone knows about this snowtrooper-savage synergy I hear about
  • Options
    Also: this supposed "empire event" that we are wondering about... If it is modelled after the Yoda event,: how could Vader participate since there are admittedly very few 7* Vader's (not mentioning anything about how they came about)
  • Options
    Also: this supposed "empire event" that we are wondering about... If it is modelled after the Yoda event,: how could Vader participate since there are admittedly very few 7* Vader's (not mentioning anything about how they came about)

He couldn't, nor would you need him. There are 6 other empire toons to choose from. Vader could only compete at lower levels
  • quigonkenny
    240 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

He couldn't, nor would you need him. There are 6 other empire toons to choose from. Vader could only compete at lower levels
    If it's like the Droid Event, you wouldn't even need any 7* Empire toons. 5* was the highest requirement, and 5* Vader is easy. I'm one Light Side character away from unlocking him, myself (4 Fives shards, specifically), and I'm completely F2P.

If they are tying it to an Emperor Palpatine release, though, it probably would be more like the Yoda Event. I must say, though, that I am not impressed with what we've seen of Palpatine in the game.
  • Options
    Snow trooper was chromium only until recently for whatever reason. I have heard rumor of a empire raid event as well. This is most likely why he was made farmable.
  • Options
    Lol@exploits. Let the hate flow
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    No, there were exploits

"Were" not anymore? Someone seems a bit salty that they didn't get 7* Vader for whatever reason.

Some players in exploited a cheat that allowed them to combine Vader shards from multiple accounts into one and create a 7* Vader. Word on the street was that EA only suspended their accounts for a week, but let them keep the 7* Vader. It would be extreme luck way outside the RNG norm for someone to have gotten enough Vader shards from the Shard Shop to be a legit 6* right now, let alone a 7*.