Snowtrooper.... What am I missing?

Replies

• Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Once is not every day for a month, dude.

I clearly said on average. Today I'm looking at two nodes in shard shop for 4 shards today. Yesterday there were 6 so do the math genius.
  • Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    No, there were exploits

"Were" not anymore? Someone seems a bit salty that they didn't get 7* Vader for whatever reason.

Some players in exploited a cheat that allowed them to combine Vader shards from multiple accounts into one and create a 7* Vader. Word on the street was that EA only suspended their accounts for a week, but let them keep the 7* Vader. It would be extreme luck way outside the RNG norm for someone to have gotten enough Vader shards from the Shard Shop to be a legit 6* right now, let alone a 7*.

Well that kind of sucks (not really you should be able to link two accounts). That doesn't mean that just becuase someone has a 7* Vader you should assume they used the exploit. It's actually one of the easier toons to farm for whales. Once you start looking for his shards they start popping up more.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    No, there were exploits

It's actually one of the easier toons to farm for whales. Once you start looking for his shards they start popping up more.

Nope. The hardest. No nodes, not in chromium packs. I've been doing the same as you, snatching them up whenever I see them. Waaaaaay off from 7*
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Quote function really acting weird...

• Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    No, there were exploits

It's actually one of the easier toons to farm for whales. Once you start looking for his shards they start popping up more.

Nope. The hardest. No nodes, not in chromium packs. I've been doing the same as you, snatching them up whenever I see them. Waaaaaay off from 7*

• Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    Just ignore JediGhost he is just trying to bait people, don't give him what he wants.

Hopefully there will be an empire event, It would make all these weak lvl 70 geared empire characters I have actually worth a darn.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    It's almost a certainty of an empire event soon.
    1 palpatine is on the title screen like yoda was
    2 through data mining the game we know palp exists and has a full ability set already in game
    3 the previous reasons of availability of empire characters showing up
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Options
    Anyway... anyone got a legit Snowtrooper + Empire team to test viability? Everything I try Empire wise just doesn't work for top 10.
  • Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    It's almost a certainty of an empire event soon.
    1 palpatine is on the title screen like yoda was
    2 through data mining the game we know palp exists and has a full ability set already in game
    3 the previous reasons of availability of empire characters showing up

You don't need to data mine he's in light side hard 7d and 7h normal
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Yes but though data mining (Swgoh.gg - spoilers - pve characters) you can see his exact abilities as they would appear on his character for upgrade
  • Options
    Akster wrote: »
    Just ignore JediGhost he is just trying to bait people, don't give him what he wants.

Hopefully there will be an empire event, It would make all these weak lvl 70 geared empire characters I have actually worth a darn.

Well now I might just becuase you said it. I genuinely don't see why people are so buthurt about and exploit for a toon that isn't great. I hope there is an empire event too but I have no idea who it would be for? Would it be a raid now or would it it be to unlock a new toon?
  • Options
    Noktarn wrote: »
    Anyway... anyone got a legit Snowtrooper + Empire team to test viability? Everything I try Empire wise just doesn't work for top 10.

There just isn't enough damage based on what people have tried in the past. It could be different now but none of the empire toons have gotten buffs to their damage so they won't be viable in my opinion. They have some great tanks in the form of ST and RG with Vader kind of on the tanky side. They might be good for AOE damage with GMT, Vader, Magma, and Snowtrooper all doing pretty good AOE damage. Might be worth a try.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Vader is actually really good, he is tanky, and once you omega him he stacks so many debuffs including speed down, and can destroy someone with culling blade, then attack again and ability block someone. I see him used in top 5 in arena and he is really good, unfortunately for the guys that use him I use yoda which negates the typical Vader+Obi debuff combo, but he is pretty decent, and his leader is very strong.

An empire event could be for palpetine, I find it a little strange having him and sidious, but they do have ST Han as well as Han solo, so it is not that unlikely. Palpetine could have more empire synergy while sidious has more sith synergy. I think he would look better if he did not have his robe, so it easier to distinguish from him and sidious.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    I can't believe someone has made the statement that Stormtrooper is a "great" tank. Even with the +13% defense per empire ally, that's only a +50% to his current, crummy defense. 175 Armor +50% (262.5) , 93 resist + 50% (144), are still on the low side for a tank, not to mention an abysmal 14k health and 12k protection. His basic does nothing. Nothing (oh but new tanks get buff purge or double dots on their basics). Bravado gives another +50% defense, so now we're up to 390 armor and 210 resistance, which only means he can compete with other tanks (oh wait, he has half the HP and Protection of an actual tank still). And finally, 50% chance to remove 10% TM from each enemy when getting hit, with some potency to back it up with! Stormtrooper just doesn't bring anything to the table.
  • Options
    I can't believe someone has made the statement that Stormtrooper is a "great" tank. Even with the +13% defense per empire ally, that's only a +50% to his current, crummy defense. 175 Armor +50% (262.5) , 93 resist + 50% (144), are still on the low side for a tank, not to mention an abysmal 14k health and 12k protection. His basic does nothing. Nothing (oh but new tanks get buff purge or double dots on their basics). Bravado gives another +50% defense, so now we're up to 390 armor and 210 resistance, which only means he can compete with other tanks (oh wait, he has half the HP and Protection of an actual tank still). And finally, 50% chance to remove 10% TM from each enemy when getting hit, with some potency to back it up with! Stormtrooper just doesn't bring anything to the table.

I said some of the great tanks, mostly referring to RG but I felt the need to mention ST becuase he can work. For Empire Synergy he can be useful for drawing attention. His taunt is pretty good as far as being a damage sponge.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    Stormtrooper is a great tank for stopping my empire suicide team from getting nearly oneshot from the rancor. I mean technically I could use RG, but I would rather use him with my other good characters....
  • K_G0sling
    839 posts Member
    Options
    To steer this back on topic...

I have (as of today) Snowtrooper at 6* with AA's at 6,5,5, Gear level VIII @ 5150 power.

So far, meh. However, I have noticed a few things. He's typically one of the last two to die in raids (consistent for our past 6 raids) so he's not hard-targeted by RNG and puts out mediocre damage at best but he gets a lot of turns and opportunity so it accumulates.

Healthline is stepping up nicely so he doesn't have a glass jaw.

His Assault Training (Unique) added "and other Empire allies gain half that amount." from 4 to 5, so I thought that was interesting.

I think this is in-line with the Empire Event everyone is mentioning because combined, he's probably one of the pillars to hold the group together.

Gripes: For an attack called "Overwhelming Assault"...well...yeah...not so overwhelming. So far, even at a 5 it pretty much does nothing, let alone finish someone off to gain the offense up. That needs to be re-worked. I'm HOPING it gets a last minute +15% damage on the last up. Anyone confirm?

I too had noticed him popping up a little more frequently, and thought, maybe it's his time to shine (Royal Guard steeze) so who knows. I had him as an original start-up drop so he was 4* when I benched him. Then, decided to pick him back up again because...why not...he's cool looking. Time will tell us his purpose.

So yeah, that's what I've got for the thread, thought I'd share. *sits back down*
  • Options
    K_G0sling wrote: »
    To steer this back on topic...

I have (as of today) Snowtrooper at 6* with AA's at 6,5,5, Gear level VIII @ 5150 power.

So far, meh. However, I have noticed a few things. He's typically one of the last two to die in raids (consistent for our past 6 raids) so he's not hard-targeted by RNG and puts out mediocre damage at best but he gets a lot of turns and opportunity so it accumulates.

Healthline is stepping up nicely so he doesn't have a glass jaw.

His Assault Training (Unique) added "and other Empire allies gain half that amount." from 4 to 5, so I thought that was interesting.

I think this is in-line with the Empire Event everyone is mentioning because combined, he's probably one of the pillars to hold the group together.

Gripes: For an attack called "Overwhelming Assault"...well...yeah...not so overwhelming. So far, even at a 5 it pretty much does nothing, let alone finish someone off to gain the offense up. That needs to be re-worked. I'm HOPING it gets a last minute +15% damage on the last up. Anyone confirm?

I too had noticed him popping up a little more frequently, and thought, maybe it's his time to shine (Royal Guard steeze) so who knows. I had him as an original start-up drop so he was 4* when I benched him. Then, decided to pick him back up again because...why not...he's cool looking. Time will tell us his purpose.

So yeah, that's what I've got for the thread, thought I'd share. *sits back down*

What they should do is give him AOE damage identical to Darth Mauls and he would be a beast. Maybe even give him health steal similar to Talia's to keep him in the fifth without the use of a healer.
  • ChrisJBB8
    57 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I could see the empire team event challenge coming out just before or even right after Sar Wars Rogue One comes out. Need to get cracking on my empire team. Mine is bare bones :expressionless:
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options

Lmfaoooooo
  • int3ns1fy
    210 posts Member
    Options
    Snowtrooper is like...the Empire version of Anakin, minus a leader ability. Seriously, their abilities are nearly identical. So, unless Snowtrooper's damage output is significantly higher than Anakin's, I'd guess he's about just as bad.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    int3ns1fy wrote: »
    Snowtrooper is like...the Empire version of Anakin, minus a leader ability. Seriously, their abilities are nearly identical. So, unless Snowtrooper's damage output is significantly higher than Anakin's, I'd guess he's about just as bad.

Anakin is borderline OP compared to snowtrooper.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Snowtrooper ends up with 18k health and 18k protection.

He gets 50% chance to apply ability block on his primary with 107% tenacity.

His unique is a lite leader ability, granting all empire units turn meter on each kill.
  • K_G0sling
    839 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »

His unique is a lite leader ability, granting all empire units turn meter on each kill.

Point-in-case. I think he's going to be good when he's leveled. Hence, why I started working on him again. I have faith his time and reason is coming.

Which is a perfect segway to the Snowtrooper/Empire Event speculation thread this has become...

Bringing up this alleged "Empire Event" speculation...I had a thought last night:

If this event were structured similar to the Yoda challenge, it would require 5, 7* Empire toons. Now, it is literally (unless cheating) impossible to have a 7-Star Vader who is the ICON of the Empire. I thought, that wouldn't make any sense to have an event where you couldn't use the one and only toon you'd go to first when hearing the Empire. Right?

So, achievements are running out early/mid 6* for Darth Vader from what I can tell, and I would be hard-pressed to think you'll have to secure your last 100 shards in the shard shop based on RNG, that would be ludicrous.

Theoretically, the Empire "event" could potentially be a play for that 7th star for Vader, then the opportunity to unlock Palpatine everyone is drooling over.

Thoughts?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    @K_G0sling that's pretty much my thought as well, have event rewards be The Emperor and a few Vader shards.

Now while many view the Jedi event as perfect because there were 14 other jedi to choose from, it really benefited because there was a lot of ways to farm them. Same here.

Cantina Node: Royal Guard, Snowtrooper
    Cantina Shipment: Stormtrooper
    Galactic War: Magmatrooper
    Arena: Tarkin
    Guild: Snowtrooper
    Hard Node: Veers (3), Royal Guard (2), Stormtrooper (2), Snowtrooper (1)

It is easily obtainable for free players.

• Joe_Cus
    152 posts Member
    Options
    If they ever do have this Empire event, my guess is there will be some booster packs available. Maybe introduce a new non-trooper empire character like Imperial Officer or Empire Tie Pilot.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    7* Vader isn't realistic right now but with addition of say a Vader shard in cantina or something it'd put him in the realm of "easily achievable" so they'd need to add him in another way if they made him farmable, for instance in guild shipments as I higher cost than the other shards, like 2,000 for 5 or something, but even as it stands now it's not impossible to have him fairly high, (mine is 20 away from 6 star) no cheats just watching shipments for a long time
  • Options
    K_G0sling wrote: »
    Aero wrote: »

Point-in-case. I think he's going to be good when he's leveled. Hence, why I started working on him again. I have faith his time and reason is coming.

Which is a perfect segway to the Snowtrooper/Empire Event speculation thread this has become...

Bringing up this alleged "Empire Event" speculation...I had a thought last night:

If this event were structured similar to the Yoda challenge, it would require 5, 7* Empire toons. Now, it is literally (unless cheating) impossible to have a 7-Star Vader who is the ICON of the Empire. I thought, that wouldn't make any sense to have an event where you couldn't use the one and only toon you'd go to first when hearing the Empire. Right?

So, achievements are running out early/mid 6* for Darth Vader from what I can tell, and I would be hard-pressed to think you'll have to secure your last 100 shards in the shard shop based on RNG, that would be ludicrous.

Theoretically, the Empire "event" could potentially be a play for that 7th star for Vader, then the opportunity to unlock Palpatine everyone is drooling over.

Thoughts?

I doubt the devs will let us earn a 7* Vader in an event. He's end game material. .... Something to shoot for two years down the road. Emperor Palatine? Yes. And probably a few Vader shards
  • Options
    Maybe buff Snowtroopers sturdyness in the higher levels so he'll become very annoying but not a huge threat damage-wise, just refusing to die whilst ticking away the opponent.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Nah Vader is not expected to be obtainable 2 years down the road. Currently it is possible to get him to 5* and thats it without shard shop, some have him almost half way. They did announce that they plan to have other ways to obtain vader shards in the future in a post made by AmishAce when he finished the final 150 GW completions and no longer had a way to obtain Vader shards outside of the shop of rng. I think we will see 7* Vader before the end of the year.