Request from an unhappy player that will never happen: Give us back the omegas we used on fives

Replies

• wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    @LastJedi -- I think he's going to be a beast on a clone team. Check out Echo's uniques, and Rex's leaderskill. I'd love clones but I can't afford them. EA charges more than Camino. ;)
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options
    wrilley wrote: »
    I think we can all agree the wording is confusing and can clearly be taken two ways.

But they've clarified now that it's based on hitting a target that has the speed down affect
    already, not based on whether speed down procs.

OK, fair enough. They explained it now, it is good. Just bring me back my Omegas spent on Fives and we stay cool.
  • Options
    He has no place on my squad anymore but he should still be great on clone teams
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Artas wrote: »
    I think we can all agree the wording is confusing and can clearly be taken two ways.

But they've clarified now that it's based on hitting a target that has the speed down affect
    already, not based on whether speed down procs.

OK, fair enough. They explained it now, it is good. Just bring me back my Omegas spent on Fives and we stay cool.

"...or i will be sending it to you shard by shard each hour!"
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    I doubt they'd set that precedent. They'd have to deal with refund requests every time a bug fix changed something negatively relative to player's expectations. The extra omega event is likely the best they can do without creating a cumbersome situation for their workers.
  • Rumba
    63 posts Member
    Options
    I can't believe you guys are whining for a fair fix.
    So, you upgraded his basic attack just to be able to double shot on his first attack? We would call you 'sinvergüenza' in Spanish...
  • DieInFire
    802 posts Member
    Options
    @DieInFire -- If you look two posts above yours, you will see that they they have.

Sorry when I was posting, those posts weren't there.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    This is not a fix, this is a nerf. Also it's switch and bait just like the omega free event where they expect you to spend crystals on. They also expect you to drop fives now and work on someone else gear and omega wise. Yesterday I just gave him my first droid caller after the raid reward got me 25 unobtainable salvage (another disgusting stealth move). I equipped the droid caller on fives and BAM nerf.

Next in line are Rey and Daka cause the kids will cry just long enough for them to get the nerfbat. This "company" is the worst when it comes to balancing. Nerf a toon that wasn't by far OP and let the Old Bens and Dooku's still lead 95% of Arena. Logic none.

Bait and switch, they want you to spend money on new gear for a new toon, that's why they make him unviable.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Agree 100%, those omegas are not easy to come by and now they are wasted. He hardly hits twice now and I feel scammed because as far as I understood it work as - attack, if speed down, attack again. No idea this was coming.

We should have been made aware that this was a known bug when the omegas were released or it should have been, you know, actually tested before releasing it to us.
  • Options
    I'm starting to be really really tired of this game. 5 get nerfed while Dooku is still able to manage easily a 3vs1 fight, and Daka-Dokku combo are spoiling the game by stunning half of your team most of the time (making it really no fun to play).

I think that I will invest my time somewhere else.
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    Options
    I agree, I'm not happy after the time, effort, money and omega invested to wake up to a 'nerf' when he operated according to the description, as was. Fives was not over-powered. As well as running him in my team, I often face him 3-4 times a day on average in the oppositions GW teams. I fail to see how this is a 'balance', its a nerf to incentivise me to invest in 'Echo' I guess, but once bitten twice shy is all I can say..

Xio
  • OwexBaill
    188 posts Member
    Options
    In addition, I'd like to have my droid caller back, that I gave him for gear lvl X which is now an absolute waste, too :/
  • Options
    Stop complaining about a small change that doesn't hurt the game or character at all. The description was clearly vegue so EA made it clear. Stop complaining about normal game development issues.
  • Options
    Stop complaining about a small change that doesn't hurt the game or character at all. The description was clearly vegue so EA made it clear. Stop complaining about normal game development issues.

That's easy to say. Wait until they nerf your Rey, or Leia, or whatever toon YOU invested time and resources in. Same happened to me with FOTP recently, too.
    It's just... frustrating!

I know that we won't get anything back.
    But there is so much more to fix than a toon, that is somewhat useful due to a "bug". This just cuts his already pitiful damage again.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    @DS_Vent_Designer

Ye so screw the recently obtained droidcaller for GX, and the omega mats. Cause you know that's how they roll. Let you build up something which you've spend time, resources and real money in, then destroy that hard work and make the cash useless by making him unviable.

Awesome business and every developpers ideal solution not?
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    This is not a fix, this is a nerf. Also it's switch and bait just like the omega free event where they expect you to spend crystals on. They also expect you to drop fives now and work on someone else gear and omega wise. Yesterday I just gave him my first droid caller after the raid reward got me 25 unobtainable salvage (another disgusting stealth move). I equipped the droid caller on fives and BAM nerf.

Next in line are Rey and Daka cause the kids will cry just long enough for them to get the nerfbat. This "company" is the worst when it comes to balancing. Nerf a toon that wasn't by far OP and let the Old Bens and Dooku's still lead 95% of Arena. Logic none.

Bait and switch, they want you to spend money on new gear for a new toon, that's why they make him unviable.

+1
  • Options
    Lol!!!!
    Simply lol! All guys whinning about their 5 getting fix/nerf. My 5 is useless now...hummm 50k health, 85 counter, speed down, double attacking.... Yeah pretty useless.
    Sorry for all guys who have based their DPS on a...hummm how it is call? Yes a TANK!!!
    A tank who was more double hitting then : dooku, cad bane, lea, greedo. Common guys! I think it's a normal thing, he still awesome and the omega still pretty good. No you won't be countering twice every time, no you first attack won't be a double hit. Yes he still good in raid (3 round whit only one target, you'll be double hitting every time). Yes he still good in arena, just hit the toon you have countered and you'll double hit.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    It's no different than the Qui Gon/Savage bug they fixed where he used to give SO offense up and immediately take it away. Apparently the hit's supposed to come first and then the effect is applied. Not the other way around.
  • Options
    Get some perspective.

Lost a capital fleet in EVE? That's worth some salt. NCSoft abruptly shut down a superhero MMO and poofed five years worth of time, money and relationships? Worth some wailing.

This is basically a glorified equivalent of a mini-game you might see embedded within a much bigger and more sophisticated game. It's a JRPG minus all the stuff that makes (some) JRPGs fun and immersive.

If you're pouring your life and bank account into it, that's your choice. But own that choice with some dignity for Bob's sake.
  • Options
    Watch the first 15 seconds of this video it will explain it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AbjYmLIIGE

This has been tried before when other characters were nerf'd debugged. Start now and open the flood gates.
    Bye Forums.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    They nerfed Poe two weeks after I got him viable. They nerfed RP a week after I got him viable. They nerfed Fives the week I got him viable.

Fair warning, everyone: I'm in the middle of farming Rey right now.
  • Options
    You can still use Fives to feed the Rancor when he starts eating toons
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry, but if you wasted an omega on a toon that devs themselves said was bugged, purely because he was good at that time, you're just shortsighted and deserve to be out an Omega. I understand they don't fix half the bugs (still waiting on EE guys), so you took a gamble they wouldn't fix this one, and you lost. Suck it up. BUG FIX IS NOT A NERF.
  • Options
    Algren wrote: »
    Sorry, but if you wasted an omega on a toon that devs themselves said was bugged, purely because he was good at that time, you're just shortsighted and deserve to be out an Omega. I understand they don't fix half the bugs (still waiting on EE guys), so you took a gamble they wouldn't fix this one, and you lost. Suck it up. BUG FIX IS NOT A NERF.

A best practice for any game is to not hop on the bug exploit wagon. You won't be happy with its destination.

Maybe you recognize a bug and hope to wring advantage out of it while you can. Or maybe you're just blindly following those who do. Either way, devs won't have much pity for you.
  • Options

Yes it is.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    In marvel puzzle quest and hearthstone you get increased refunds on characters who they changed. Would be nice to see that here

Any refund system would be nice tbh. We're reaching a point in the game where toons are being nerfed, some pretty hard, faster than they can be geared and leveled.
    It won't be long before you start putting omegas into your B and below squads.

It takes from 15 - 25 days to fully omega a single toon through the daily alone. It will be a long time before people move on to their B team. The upcoming events will help; but it's only temporary.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    They nerfed Poe two weeks after I got him viable. They nerfed RP a week after I got him viable. They nerfed Fives the week I got him viable.

Fair warning, everyone: I'm in the middle of farming Rey right now.

That's one thing I'm worried about. I have a furnace saved for Rey and farming her in the guild store. If she gets nerfed I hope it's before I use it on her.
  • Options
    OwexBaill wrote: »

That's easy to say. Wait until they nerf your Rey, or Leia, or whatever toon YOU invested time and resources in. Same happened to me with FOTP recently, too.
    It's just... frustrating!

I know that we won't get anything back.
    But there is so much more to fix than a toon, that is somewhat useful due to a "bug". This just cuts his already pitiful damage again.

Well about a month ago I went thought a substantial hit on my team. I was running an Akbar lead rebel team( HRS, Biggs, Luke, Lummi) when the speed balancing update hit my whole team became less powerful. I hadn't gotten them all to 7* or top gear and I was taking on maxed whale teams well above the level I should have been able too. This was before the Ackbar update or Leia. After reading the COMPLETED update notes from the devs the update made perfect sense. I adapted and build new toons and teams. That's the point of a game like this. Strategy not a race to max out toons. The biggest complaints come from folks who seem to derive some sort of life achievement out of a game. Guess what achievement in this game does not mean achievement in life. It's a game. It's not perfect and it never will be. Perspective is the key to this whole argument. Enjoy the good, positively promote good change and stop complaining selfishly.
  • Options
    Tired of wasting time,money,energy to star up and train plus omega just to get NERFED again description States clearly inflicts speed down and fires again was never a bug this was intended! Changes made by whiners who can't play this game,find one u can play,how about nerf all toons to do the same low damage Leia kicked butt nerf her nerf em all just take all the fun out of it
  • Options

This is a nerf not a bug fix. If they called it a bug fix, they did so AFTER they fixed it. They were silent on the matter all this time leading up to it while people built and omega'd him

Pretty low of them
This discussion has been closed.