Request from an unhappy player that will never happen: Give us back the omegas we used on fives

12345679Next

Replies

• Options
    How about if CG give you back your precious 5 omegas they also take a few weeks of arena payout crystals away too, and any other upgrades you used in that time period with said crystals. After all you absolutely positively could not have gotten those rewards if you hadn't spent those mats on him right?

Stop crying, babies.
  • Options
    This isn't what has me mad. Its the dishonesty. The cloak and dagger. I don't think I've ever seen a dev this tight lipped about upcoming changes.
    Whoa I have to call you on this though man. It was a glitch that players exploited for months.
    It sure is telling that all these posts follow two patterns:
    (1) It was working as described. Here's evidence from the actual description and gameplay as to why it was working properly. This is a nerf.
    (2) It was a bug/glitch/exploit fix because that's what the devs said after the fact. The description and gameplay are irrelevant. As further evidence, some of us felt it was overpowered.

So the real question is, what determines the difference between a "bug" and a "nerf"? Is it the descriptions communicated to us in the game and on the forum? Or is it simply whatever the devs say it is, which is free to change at any point in time? Or is a "bug" anything that a portion of the community feels is overpowered?
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @Timitock with that logic barriss needs a fix because people debate whether health equalization has to go through healing immunity.
    50% of the bug section are things working as intended but people still have no clue because they don't read.

Anyway next up is Rey because the chick deals 17k dmg with a stick on a crit. It's not "fair" because the dmg output affects the overall raid too much.
    Why are we gearing chars that gets nerfed after a few weeks? People are afraid now to gear their best toons, what good does that do for both the players and the company. Why would you buy a furnace now in shipments for the best toons or do people settle with gearing below average toons to avoid the overused nerfbat and have "fun" that way.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    A bug is fixing something not working as intended (regardless of the description).

A nerf is downgrading to the point of uselessness.

This arguably fits into the former.
  • Options
    this reminds me of when poe was nerfed. there was a flood of posts about "waaaah my poe won't beat 99% of non-poe teams anymore"
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Oh yeah I'm salty, keep that in mind. Just geared the first droid caller I got since the raid update (non precrafter, which is another "mistake" they made). Just before this fix went live, forget the omega I wasted.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options
    Hangfire wrote: »
    I would be annoyed if I had leveled up 5's, Omega'ed him, Droid Callered him, etc, but I saw the basic as a bug from the first time it came up on the forums. I knew the fix/nerf was coming. Everybody is rightly annoyed that their exploit was removed, your compensation was that you got to use a very powerful character for awhile. Now can we move on?

yes please, you can move on
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This isn't what has me mad. Its the dishonesty. The cloak and dagger. I don't think I've ever seen a dev this tight lipped about upcoming changes.
    Whoa I have to call you on this though man. It was a glitch that players exploited for months.
    It sure is telling that all these posts follow two patterns:
    (1) It was working as described. Here's evidence from the actual description and gameplay as to why it was working properly. This is a nerf.
    (2) It was a bug/glitch/exploit fix because that's what the devs said after the fact. The description and gameplay are irrelevant. As further evidence, some of us felt it was overpowered.

So the real question is, what determines the difference between a "bug" and a "nerf"? Is it the descriptions communicated to us in the game and on the forum? Or is it simply whatever the devs say it is, which is free to change at any point in time? Or is a "bug" anything that a portion of the community feels is overpowered?

DOH! Don't give away my secret recipe Eliza! But yeah we can split hairs with semantics all day (all these forums are really).

I think what I'm getting at is that these team-compositino build games always have to work around balancing issues, so you gotta expect changes. I think whether it's a nerf or a bug doesn't change the reality that CHANGE to character stats will continue to happen forever. A person coming into these games does well to not be too attached to how they spend the premium currency, or how awesome their team is. 2 days later, it's crepe.

I feel Scroob's pain, though from different nerfs and bug fixes. By now, I hope we all know, no 'comfortable seat' is safe. Kind of makes it more fun. (insert evil laughter.)

EDIT: forgot a word.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    I think the key words in the title of this thread is "unhappy player" I have never seen a positive comment from you. If you hate everything about this game why do you play it?
  • Options
    Algren wrote: »
    Sorry, but if you wasted an omega on a toon that devs themselves said was bugged, purely because he was good at that time, you're just shortsighted and deserve to be out an Omega. I understand they don't fix half the bugs (still waiting on EE guys), so you took a gamble they wouldn't fix this one, and you lost. Suck it up. BUG FIX IS NOT A NERF.

A best practice for any game is to not hop on the bug exploit wagon. You won't be happy with its destination.

Maybe you recognize a bug and hope to wring advantage out of it while you can. Or maybe you're just blindly following those who do. Either way, devs won't have much pity for you.

Odd statement. Previosly fives was working as described. Now fives is bugged becsuse his actions and descriptions do not match.

Its my theory that everyone in support of this nerf is one off two people:

They don't have him and are jealous of those that do

They can't figure out how to beat him

Got him but never invested in him. Also never feared him, just stun locked him and moved on for the win. He was never worth all this pathetic crying.

But here's why I never built him up: The bigger picture in terms of previous fixes to other toons who had issues with effect resolutions within the same attack sequence. The adjustment to GS is maybe the best example.

It was clear thereafter that the devs had a particular notion in mind about how these attacks should resolve. If you missed that writing on the wall or hoped to weasel an advantage out of it while you could, you deserve what you got.

Wailing about it now makes you looks like a baby or a cynical exploiter. Take your pick.
  • Stick0014
    120 posts Member
    Options
    Stop complaining about a small change that doesn't hurt the game or character at all. The description was clearly vegue so EA made it clear. Stop complaining about normal game development issues.

Didn't hurt the character. Seems you don't have a gear ten omega. I dropped 107 spots in the arena since the update. Normally in a night 20 spots. Better yet I can't gain those spots back. Because the dooku Rey rg st han teams are destroying me.
    Even if they have another omega event that will make 4 omegas against 3. Cause fives sucks now. But he will get swapped with daka or st han or rg problem is I invested heavily in fives. As I had him started way before he was viable, and spent hundreds of real money to get him through the cantina to 7* .

Now the part that erKS me even more than the poor description. Which is what I based giving him the omega on and farming him to 7* over daka and her omega.
    Is he used to apply slow almost every time. Now since the bug fix/nerf he applies it almost never. So if you don't have a clone team. Which I don't I dropped hundreds to try and get Rex and failed. Don't even have him, or now chromium only echo. He is useless. Or I have to star up phasma to get slow or rg. I built a counter team different from every one else, and it could hold its own. Not top 15. But 15-30. Now I'm out of top 100 and other then the few Droid teams, and very odd jedi it's all the same team in front of me. We finally start to get some diversity and have some different combos of toons. But yet they nerf them making it back to the same five day in and day out.
    Point being it wasn't a small change you don't loose 100 plus spot in the arena on a small change
  • Stick0014
    120 posts Member
    Options
    Yarzahn wrote: »
    Since you never warned us that you were going to drastically change how the character worked, and his description clearly states that he gives a double attack if the enemy has speed down...he was working as his description said. You stealth nerfed an ability that I spent precious omegas on, completely changed how it worked, and in turn took away the only thing that made him somewhat viable in arena. I'm seriously ticked about this.

Stop whining and actually THINK. Fives is still a **** good character and his nerfed omega basic is still stronger than almost every other omega.

In the final phase of an arena fight (you know, when the enemy team actually attacks fives and probably has their healer/ stun dead) he will still double hit very very often - not the first time a character attacks him, but every other time after that.

Anything thinking that having an omega doubling his damage output was intentional must be pretty naive.

Your wrong they fixed his ability to apply slow as well and that was the only fix that was justified. In five arena fights today he applied slow 2 times. And in gw maybe 2 out of ten attacks when he wasn't stunned which is a lot. Sold if all they did was fix how much his slow stuck I would be fine with that cause that's a fix do to his low potency. And I would accept it. But they double nerfed him his damage averages 1500 a hit at gear 10 *7. Obviously more on critical but that's hardly anything compared to reps 20k hits. Or dooku 6 crits in a row at 4k
  • Stick0014
    120 posts Member
    Options
    I don't understand the complaining in this thread--you get a unique skill that he didn't have before and even with the bug fix he's still got one of the better omegas out there. Why do you want your omegas back, so you can spend them on someone like Luminara and her 15% evasion up chance?

No how about daka or qjg or dooku
  • Al_Tiz
    58 posts Member
    Options
    This is a ridiculous request, just play Phasma on the team like a good player.
  • Options
    It is not ridiculous. It is a very reasonable request.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    NOW there's a bug because Fives' basic no longer matches it's description. He's definitely applying Slow less often as well. Giant nerf to a character that FINALLY became relevant. Unfortunately the official response of 'it was a bug fix' isn't gonna cut it. People can read.
    Reverse the nerf

~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Lits of things. Personal insults and asking for refund (omega) is against ToS
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
This discussion has been closed.