Request from an unhappy player that will never happen: Give us back the omegas we used on fives

Replies

• herbert79
    73 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Oh come on guys, 5s clearly needed to be worked on even if he was "working as intended."
    They did what needed to be done. I'd love to have the time and money I spent on many a toon back after they've gotten the nerf bat but it isn't going to happen. That's always been the case. This game is in a constant state of balancing and flux and you need to understand that when you spend money, time, and effort to acquire anything.
    It could change tomorrow. Knowing that, you need to make decisions based on that. I knew 5s was going to get nerfed and thus did not spend resources on him. It was pretty obvious he was op.
  • Big_Russ
    98 posts Member
    Options
    Patman6632 wrote: »
    The change is hardly drastic, he now does what his description said he did. :|

Ignorant post. The description was poorly worded and has been interpreted multiple ways.

Yep. This is completely on them, hence my saying they should admit they goofed and refund our points if we omegaed it

I don't think this will happen. I'd gladly take free omegas but considering the Poe change it won't.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    herbert79 wrote: »
    Oh come on guys, 5s clearly needed to be worked on even if he was "working as intended."
    They did what needed to be done. I'd love to have the time and money I spent on many a toon back after they've gotten the nerf bat but it isn't going to happen. That's always been the case. This game is in a constant state of balancing and flux and you need to understand that when you spend money, time, and effort to acquire anything.
    It could change tomorrow. Knowing that, you need to make decisions based on that. I knew 5s was going to get nerfed and thus did not spend resources on him. It was pretty obvious he was op.

No. Just no. They need to TELL us when they are going to do something like this. And fives was still easy to beat. All you do is stun him. With all the dookus and rgs around thats not hard

We should not have to level and gear toons based on whether they MIGHT be stealth nerfed
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    It was pretty obvious he was op.

He was only OP to people who were clueless how to beat him, which wasn't rocket science. That is not the definition of OP.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    Big_Russ wrote: »
    epeeist wrote: »
    The description clearly said it only took effect if attacked an enemy with speed down. Double attacks starting with the first attack was clearly a bug, which has now been fixed.

It does not:

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict speed down for two turns. Attack again if the enemy is inflicted with speed down.

It was working exactly to description before

To me that could be read two ways. Idk how it works. Is speed down applied before attack or after attack? That could also reflect in how that statement reads. If it's after then the attacked toon would not have speed down at the time of the initial attack.

This is the main problem. It COULD be read two ways, and for months this very thing was a hot topic on the forums. With something as ambiguous as the choice of words here, the devs chose to ignore it. There were daily posts on the matter and the silence from the devs implied that it was not a bug. Even if you think it was a bug, you have to admit that if an issue is not mentioned for months, and I could be taken either way, it is very strongly implied that the issue is not a bug.

Yep. But they are only too happy to make us waste precious omegas. When you make a drastic change to an ability that is not a bug fix, you should refund the points spent

Not to mention the 5M+ credits I spent starring and leveling him up to get him to 7* THIS WEEK!

I starred him because I liked him. I can only imagine how mad people are that starred him for his omega
    I only got him because his omega was unique, he was on my bench at 4* forever because he hits so soft(the ones I faced I mean) at least with his omega he was useful now he is just a punching bag so the other team can get their cooldowns.

• Options
    So people are upset they invested in a character because he provided considerable advantage because he was bugged.

And when the bug is fixed they are outraged? Interesting.

FWIW, I never lost a battle to a squad with Fives in it. Like other, always left him until last unless he was paired with Old Ben.

Meh.
  • Options
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    So people are upset they invested in a character because he provided considerable advantage because he was bugged.

And when the bug is fixed they are outraged? Interesting.

FWIW, I never lost a battle to a squad with Fives in it. Like other, always left him until last unless he was paired with Old Ben.

Meh.

He was NOT bugged. Read his description
  • OnJouney
    309 posts Member
    Options
    In every game you have to work hard to get something . Sometimes it gets nerfed. In league of legends you have to play soo many hours just to get a champ. I don't see anyone complaining THIS much if his champ gets nerfed.
    A game needs balancing. So you have to nerf and buff things. If you don't agree with that go play a game inwhich you don't pvp. Something like minecraft.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »

Meh.
    Proving the point that he wasnt OP and finally was getting useful to some people

• Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    The description was always really sloppy. Everyone in iNstinct was divided on how it would work before the first omega usage. We CHEERED when he worked the way he did with the auto double tapping and it caused many of us to use omegas on his basic as a result. This is cause and effect - this wasn't a "use omegas because we think the basic works this way" but rather a "use omegas because it DOES work this way" and there was no indication it was bugged. It was a 50/50 interpretation thing.

Fives was never overpowered, he was simply good. He has very little outcome on the overall course of the fight. He has zero utility outside of giving Speed Down and his Potency is junk, so when a lot of us moved to higher gear tiers and level 80 he suddenly started applying Speed Down less and less. He is useless in the Heroic raid. Anyone losing 4v1 to Fives deserves to - he is dead simple to deal with and one stunner is all it takes.

The nerfs to him over the last few weeks, both direct and indirect, have taken him from one of the better/best toons to one of the worst. Between the change to counterattacking always hitting tanks, and counterattacks not attacking stealth, to now this change of his basic, he is essentially stone cold useless. He's gone from amazing to borderline unplayable.

Normally, I'm not one for posts that ask for compensation on changes, but this is seriously on Poe/Barriss levels when all things are considered. Omegas are INTENTIONALLY difficult to acquire and having five of them go from well spent to very underwhelming like this is a real kick to the groin. Yes, I do think asking for Omegas back is reasonable here. This is probably one of the only times I'd ever agree.
  • Options
    You think fives needed to be reworked? I guess you never ran into dooku Rey or daka...
  • Options

Why? I never had real problems facing him. His counter was offense down or stun him or tenacity up or Ackbar. What's the counter for stupid dodge rates? Not even stun prevents dodging. Their response to dodge being ever prevalent and game breaking? "Fix" more dodge leader abilities and leave it as it is. A character that isn't Dooku and is super slow can attack twice? Nerf it and cover it up as a "bug fix" despite the description giving nobody a clue that it isn't working as intended. Also NEVER mention that it is not working as intended and is on the chopping block.

They're terrible at balancing. They let people pre-craft gear then out of the blue with short notice made it require raid gear that takes months to get. Now they baited people into wasting omega materials and switched it with no warning.

There's a reason I sat on omega materials so long, because things change. Then I finally decide on this and they nerf it days later. He wasn't game changing in any sense outside of opponents that use no strategy.

People's arena teams will be behind the curve now because of wasted omega ability materials. But CG has made no inkling that they care about actual balance. Thus, there's been a few people that quit today from my guild where if you look at their line up they had Omega'd Fives basic attack. It set people back quite a ways in their progress. If I knew this was coming I would have never wasted anything on Fives.

Who the hell releases patch notes AFTER the patch goes live?!
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    The description was always really sloppy. Everyone in iNstinct was divided on how it would work before the first omega usage. We CHEERED when he worked the way he did with the auto double tapping and it caused many of us to use omegas on his basic as a result. This is cause and effect - this wasn't a "use omegas because we think the basic works this way" but rather a "use omegas because it DOES work this way" and there was no indication it was bugged. It was a 50/50 interpretation thing.

Fives was never overpowered, he was simply good. He has very little outcome on the overall course of the fight. He has zero utility outside of giving Speed Down and his Potency is junk, so when a lot of us moved to higher gear tiers and level 80 he suddenly started applying Speed Down less and less. He is useless in the Heroic raid. Anyone losing 4v1 to Fives deserves to - he is dead simple to deal with and one stunner is all it takes.

The nerfs to him over the last few weeks, both direct and indirect, have taken him from one of the better/best toons to one of the worst. Between the change to counterattacking always hitting tanks, and counterattacks not attacking stealth, to now this change of his basic, he is essentially stone cold useless. He's gone from amazing to borderline unplayable.

Normally, I'm not one for posts that ask for compensation on changes, but this is seriously on Poe/Barriss levels when all things are considered. Omegas are INTENTIONALLY difficult to acquire and having five of them go from well spent to very underwhelming like this is a real kick to the groin. Yes, I do think asking for Omegas back is reasonable here. This is probably one of the only times I'd ever agree.
    Absolutely agree I was a 5's late bloomer because I wanted to see what he can do before using my mats on him, then I borrowed a 5's with an omega and though FINALLY he is useful so I passed on Dakas stun in favor of 5's, now I regret it, I starred him up and leveled him WASTING all of those credits and time, if I knew they were going to make him useless again I would have went Daka with no hesitation.

• Options
    Omegas for everyone…………just because
  • Options
    What is everyone complaining about? Fives now works as intended, he double taps on any hero with speed down. How can he double tap a hero if that hero did not have speed down before the attack? It is simply illogical.

There have been numerous bugs regarding sequence of events from GS/HK-47 offense up to QGJ dispel vs Savage Oppress; not to mention other bugged abilities (cough cough Asajj acough cough).

Fives is still very competitive, keep your shirts on.
  • Options
    What is everyone complaining about? Fives now works as intended, he double taps on any hero with speed down. How can he double tap a hero if that hero did not have speed down before the attack? It is simply illogical.

There have been numerous bugs regarding sequence of events from GS/HK-47 offense up to QGJ dispel vs Savage Oppress; not to mention other bugged abilities (cough cough Asajj acough cough).

Its not a bug. Read the description
  • Options

Sorry, you're wrong. If he applies speed down, then the character IS suffering from it. It's as simple as that
  • Stick0014
    120 posts Member
    Options
    RU486 wrote: »
    Naecabon wrote: »

Absolutely agree I was a 5's late bloomer because I wanted to see what he can do before using my mats on him, then I borrowed a 5's with an omega and though FINALLY he is useful so I passed on Dakas stun in favor of 5's, now I regret it, I starred him up and leveled him WASTING all of those credits and time, if I knew they were going to make him useless again I would have went Daka with no hesitation.

100% agree
  • Options
    I second the request.
    Take note: I do not have 555s maxed so this is clearly an unbiased opinion.

If EA makes a omega ability change and people have invested omegas into that character. They should refund the omegas and bring that ability back to lvl 7. And Mail the individuals of the change so they are not trying to figure why omegas were refunded.

Omegas take a lot of time to obtain, so unless they change the way we get them and make it easier and much more than 1 a day then they should refund it.
  • Options
    This is how it worked:
    Attack, attempt to apply Slow, then, if slow is on the enemy, attack again.
    Now:
    Attack, Check if slow is on enemy, apply Slow, if the check for slow was good, attack again.

Remind you of any other changes? *QGJ*
    (Before: Damage, then dispel. Now: Dispel, then Damage.)
  • Options

Read his ability description. It doesn't differentiate between the target needing to have speed down before the initial attack. It just says if the target is inflicted with speed down. If he causes them to have speed down, are they not inflicted with speed down? It's a terrible description and offered nothing to say it wasn't working as intended. Lots of people were behind the curve because of the whole pre-crafted gear fiasco, now they've baited and switched people into wasting Omega ability materials. Zero communication.

Yeah, there are bugs with how other abilities worked. But they didn't break those abilities by "fixing them" and they actually clarified how it works. Those abilities weren't completely predicated on having Omega materials on them. They just changed the order of events that those happen.

Those other bugs with sequence of events were clearly bugged though. And those bugs were typically very specific to certain interactions.

Is this more illogical that a character that is stunned dodging an attack?
  • Fighton
    308 posts Member
    Options
    I'm glad they corrected the spd down, always seem stupid to get hit twice, when I started the turn without spd down....still a good toon. I still plan using omegas on him. Get use to the silent nerfs. He's not the 1st or last. ....Barris, poe, dookuiee, fotp, fives....
  • Options
    Fighton wrote: »
    I'm glad they corrected the spd down, always seem stupid to get hit twice, when I started the turn without spd down....still a good toon. I still plan using omegas on him. Get use to the silent nerfs. He's not the 1st or last. ....Barris, poe, dookuiee, fotp, fives....

it wasn't corrected. It was already correct
  • SinCrux
    83 posts Member
    Options
    Fighton wrote: »
    It was working correctly this is a nerf not a bug !
  • Options
    Sequence of events:

1. target not currently suffering speed down
    2. target is attacked by Fives
    3. Fives inflicts speed down
    4. next turn

Compared to:

1.target currently suffering speed down
    3. Fives attacks again because target was suffering speed down before the attack
    4. next turn
  • Fighton
    308 posts Member
    Options
    Appently it wasn't correct...or ea just hates fives n all those peeps , who geared n used those omegas. ..
  • SinCrux
    83 posts Member
    Options
    Sequence of events:

4. next turn

Compared to:

3. Fives attacks again because target was suffering speed down before the attack
    4. next turn

Thats a nerf not a bug fix . If the target is inflicted he attacks again .
  • Options
    Sequence of events:

4. next turn

Compared to:

4. next turn

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict speed down for two turns. Attack again if the enemy is inflicted with speed down.

It clearly says if the enemy is inflicted with speed down attack again, so it should be:

1. target not suffering speed down
    2. target is attacked by Fives and target is inflicted with speed down
    3. target is attacked again by Fives because he was inflicted with speed down

I am not sure how you can read it another way.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options
    I totally read his description as being meant the way he was nerfed to. It was an incomplete or vague description, the devs clarified it. Way worse things have been done in this game. They at least fixed it before everybody had a chance to build him up, thus preventing a bigger uproar. Come on be honest, and I have never said this before, he was OP.
  • Options
    Hangfire wrote: »
    I totally read his description as being meant the way he was nerfed to. It was an incomplete or vague description, the devs clarified it. Way worse things have been done in this game. They at least fixed it before everybody had a chance to build him up, thus preventing a bigger uproar. Come on be honest, and I have never said this before, he was OP.

We was not even close to OP. I dropped with him in arena because he is still easy to work around. He stuns very easy. Come on let's be honest. You are happy because you didn't know how to beat him and they nerfed him.
This discussion has been closed.