Huge problem with Echo found.......

Prev13
@EA_Jesse
@CG_JohnSalera

You must be joking with this lol , pretty funny he uses his special when no one has buffs up.....

Lol you know that makes him useless in arena right like full stop....

Bad enough his stats are sub par but really lol cmon fix this........

Anyone got my back on this?....

Replies

• Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Even if you dont have Echo this isn't right. His entire special is a buff remover but the AI is using it even when no buffs are present.

Was he not tested?, how did this get past them?.
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Echo definitely needs a buff. For someone who has suppose to output a decent amount of damage. His damage output is absolutely pathetic.
  • Options
    Apoc wrote: »
    Echo definitely needs a buff. For someone who has suppose to output a decent amount of damage. His damage output is absolutely pathetic.

Yeah i can overlook that for now but not his special been used without buffs present. :(

It's kinda hard to deal with both.....
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    That right there is just bad programming for whoever's been coding the character's AI.
  • quigonkenny
    240 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'll bet it's one of those instances where the ability is triggering because there *are* buffs present on the opposing team, it's just that those buffs are of the innate, hidden, irremovable variety. Either that or they just gave him the "drrrr" AI, which spams specials as soon as they're available. They'll fix it, but considering how often both issues have happened on the past, it is definitely something that never should have happened...
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    What do you mean problems? Echo is getting beta tested right now.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    Step 1 - Buy something you expect to be great!
    Step 2 - Realize something is not great.
    Step 3 - Come to the forums to demand that something is made great!

Seriously does every toon you buy need to be OP? It takes about 1.7 seconds of viewing this forum before realizing that debuffers are always bugged particularly when AI is in control of them. Yet you went out and bought him anyway.

Why would they fix this when Asajj still works like total crap?
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »

Seriously does every toon you buy need to be OP? It takes about 1.7 seconds of viewing this forum before realizing that debuffers are always bugged particularly when AI is in control of them. Yet you went out and bought him anyway.

Got problems with her too but this is a new debuffer that just went through testing.
  • Options
    Yogi wrote: »
    What do you mean problems? Echo is getting beta tested right now.

Lol god i hope that isn't the case....
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options

Got problems with her too but this is a new debuffer that just went through testing.

Well that's the problem then. See I have yet to see any evidence of testing in this game. They release then they bug fix. It's been their MO since release and they don't appear to be changing their development methodology anytime soon.

Buying characters before knowing their bugs is just encouraging their wonderful behavior of skipping unit testing, user acceptance testing, and probably even skipping a short glance by a product person.
  • Options

Well that's the problem then. See I have yet to see any evidence of testing in this game. They release then they bug fix. It's been their MO since release and they don't appear to be changing their development methodology anytime soon.

Buying characters before knowing their bugs is just encouraging their wonderful behavior of skipping unit testing, user acceptance testing, and probably even skipping a short glance by a product person.

I hope that isn't true they must have some type of in house testing. But it is hard to believe that this got past them or worse they ignored it. :(
  • Options
    He has the health or Rey but hits as hard as barrise. I definitely regret getting him.
  • Options
    Good thing I haven't pulled the trigger on getting him.
    After the nerf bat was taken to Fives and they still haven't fixed a number of character bugs I'm holding off till we get some word on this. How hard is it to compile a list of "known" bugs that they indeed are looking at and are working on fixing. Funny they never mentioned Fives in any post yet they went ahead and crippled his arena use.
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Fireweed61 wrote: »
    He has the health or Rey but hits as hard as barrise. I definitely regret getting him.

O his stats are not right but i figure it is a plot to buff him when he dies down so people want him again and I'm ok with that after all its EA.

But his special been used off key is gob smacking bad and i don't think i can pull him off my bench because of it.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    If you are talking about his EMP grenade, its still an attack...

QGJ uses Humbling Blow with no buffs present, Yoda will Masterstroke, this is no different.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    Options

Funniest thing I've read in years ...... Are you saying that you actually think they did testing on him???

The devs idea of testing is if the code compiles and doesn't crash the game it's good to go ...
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    QGJ uses Humbling Blow with no buffs present

this is not true. his AI was updated in a recent change to only use Humbling Blow when a buff is present.
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    Options
    Alita wrote: »

this is not true. his AI was updated in a recent change to only use Humbling Blow when a buff is present.

agreed. AI has been fixed for this.. i have only seen him use it in arena when one of my toons had a postive effect..

side note: mods are out and about in forums.. where are the devs?
  • Options
    QGJ dispels only when a buff is present, I expect echo to do the same.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    Even if you dont have Echo this isn't right. His entire special is a buff remover but the AI is using it even when no buffs are present.

Sounds a whole lot like Asajj. Put him on the eternal waitlist. QGJ got fixed so maybe they're tackling 1 character per quarter.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

Oh, my bad, sorry.

In that case, it should be fixed on Echo as well.

Masterstroke was a bad example anyways.
  • Options
    Bon_El wrote: »

Sounds a whole lot like Asajj. Put him on the eternal waitlist. QGJ got fixed so maybe they're tackling 1 character per quarter.

God lol its gonna be a long one.... but this one is spinning me out because of his sub par stats it kinda twists the knife abit further when his special isn't working correctly under AI....
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Options
    Around how many packs did it take you to 7* him?
  • Options
    C3POwn wrote: »

Two vaults and a third to level him and help gear him.
  • Options
    Incredible
  • Jensxn
    173 posts Member
    Options

It will also kill even if it is dodged, which happens a lot more than you'd think
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Options

That's not too bad for a 7* chromium, but I agree 100% that he should have been fully tested prior to release. I hope for your sake he's fixed asap.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

Thats 300$, kids, in case you missed it.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse
    @CG_JohnSalera

You must be joking with this lol , pretty funny he uses his special when no one has buffs up.....

Sounds like another Assaji
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse
    @CG_JohnSalera

Sounds like another Assaji

It is :(
This discussion has been closed.