Tarkin's Offense Up Ability.

Yes, you read that correctly.

I was testing my Imperial squad in GW against a Dooku team. I hit Tarkin's offense down ability and 2 toons get hit with it while the other 3 gain offense up instead.

This is absurd. Not only did the ability not work very well, it actually made the battle HARDER because it didn't work.

Resisting an effect should not provide the same benefits as dodging an attack.

On a separate note, this also highlights Tarkin's need for more potency, but I've already complained about that a lot.

Replies

• Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Options
    He and Magma suck hard right now, until gear 10/11 where they finnally get potency buffs. It's abyssal at gear 9. Empire as a squad synergy is terrible, sadly. Droids, Jedi, Sith, Ewoks, Clone synergies walk all over these guys.
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Totally agree. You shouldn't get two shots at getting Offense Up per attack.
  • Options
    Noktarn wrote: »
    He and Magma suck hard right now, until gear 10/11 where they finnally get potency buffs. It's abyssal at gear 9. Empire as a squad synergy is terrible, sadly. Droids, Jedi, Sith, Ewoks, Clone synergies walk all over these guys.

He's awesome in tier V raids though, especially on the 4th part. Offense down was sticking constantly, and the turn meter reduction hit about half the time. Makes it far more manageable.

• Options
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »

He's awesome in tier V raids though, especially on the 4th part. Offense down was sticking constantly, and the turn meter reduction hit about half the time. Makes it far more manageable.

Yeah I agree. In tier V raids I can sometimes get his offense down to stick on the rancor...then again...sometimes it just debuffs the door panel.

Regardless, it's a useful ability when it works correctly. And he does good damage. With Vader lead my 6* Tarkin can crit for over 8k.
  • Options
    Same thing happens when Old Ben attempts to land his Mind Trick. If someone on Dooku's or Ben's team evades then the enemy gets bonuses whether its offense up or TM increase. However, Ben can at least land his debuffs properly for the most part. Tarkin essentially just helps the enemy get free bonuses. That's why I never leave Tarkin in my squad when I am done for the day. The CPU can't use him properly.

I made a thread awhile ago about how Tarkin needs a potency buff to something above his 7% or whatever it is. He can't land offense down most of the time and his TM reduction from his other special never does anything.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Dookus ability is clearly bugged. Resisting is not dodging. It's like when Phasma used to call assists on non attack moves.

@EA_Jesse any comment?
  • Options
    Empire
  • Options
    Empire is a mess.
    they nerfed Veers, Tarkin and the rest AND they were NOT in a good place to begin with.

FIX THE EMPIRE !!!!!

its a mess and you should be ashamed
  • Options
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »

This is accurate. He has been the hero of the day for me on many raids
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Same thing happens when Old Ben attempts to land his Mind Trick. If someone on Dooku's or Ben's team evades then the enemy gets bonuses whether its offense up or TM increase. However, Ben can at least land his debuffs properly for the most part. Tarkin essentially just helps the enemy get free bonuses. That's why I never leave Tarkin in my squad when I am done for the day. The CPU can't use him properly.

I made a thread awhile ago about how Tarkin needs a potency buff to something above his 7% or whatever it is. He can't land offense down most of the time and his TM reduction from his other special never does anything.

I am fully supportive of not giving a character offense up(through dooku's leadership) when an effect is resisted.

However, I am against increasing potency on tarkin because of his kit. Offense down for three turns on the entire enemy team is really scary. Lots of things can happen in three turns. You can get turn manipulated by st han while the offense down debuff is still on you, you can't bypass rg taunt while offense down is active, you get dpsed down to nothing while you deal little damage to the opponent.

Then there's the 45% chance to remove 70% of the enemy team's turn meter. That might not seem like much, but there are rather good odds that at least two will lose turn meter.Unless tarkin's kit is modified to be less potent, his potency should not be high.
  • Options
    Zekex wrote: »

I am fully supportive of not giving a character offense up(through dooku's leadership) when an effect is resisted.

However, I am against increasing potency on tarkin because of his kit. Offense down for three turns on the entire enemy team is really scary. Lots of things can happen in three turns. You can get turn manipulated by st han while the offense down debuff is still on you, you can't bypass rg taunt while offense down is active, you get dpsed down to nothing while you deal little damage to the opponent.

Then there's the 45% chance to remove 70% of the enemy team's turn meter. That might not seem like much, but there are rather good odds that at least two will lose turn meter.Unless tarkin's kit is modified to be less potent, his potency should not be high.

That's reasonable, but his potency is currently SO low that he is hardly usable. It doesn't need to be drastic, but he does need a buff.
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Dookus ability is clearly bugged. Resisting is not dodging. It's like when Phasma used to call assists on non attack moves.

@EA_Jesse any comment?

This seems to be the more important issue.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Options
    Push2Stops wrote: »
    Aero wrote: »

@EA_Jesse any comment?

This seems to be the more important issue.

The potency issue is more of a side note on this post. Dooku's leader ability was the main problem here.