Suggestion: Obi-Wan Rework! Omega Basic

Replies

• Options
    Close.

What they really need to add is this ability.

Team Sacrifice: Obi wan taunts permanently until his death, when doing so, he will lose the ability to perform any other actions.

Then his "If you Strike me down would actually be legit." You basically turn him into a suicide taunt. Just like he does in the film. Sacrificing himself for the benefit of his team.
  • Options
    Close.

Team Sacrifice: Obi wan taunts permanently until his death, when doing so, he will lose the ability to perform any other actions.

Then his "If you Strike me down would actually be legit." You basically turn him into a suicide taunt. Just like he does in the film. Sacrificing himself for the benefit of his team.

I think this is an awesome idea. Would you make it dispelable and if it was would he resume his ability to perform actions?
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    hhooo wrote: »
    His mind trick paired with fives or Han are enough already to force you to kill him. He's a top tier character and needs absolutely no help.

You've actually killed him first before those two?
    Yeah, of course.

Have you ever been under mind trick while Han is taunting? It's as close to a guaranteed loss as there is in this game.
  • Options
    His mind trick paired with fives or Han are enough already to force you to kill him. He's a top tier character and needs absolutely no help.

You've actually killed him first before those two?
    Yeah, of course.

Have you ever been under mind trick while Han is taunting? It's as close to a guaranteed loss as there is in this game.

Ya but I've never had a problem the next turn dispelling Hans taunt or just killing him fast. I use Vader on my arena team so his speed goes before old Ben and I can get those killer dots on Han for an insta kill with culling blade.
  • Options
    If he gets ability blocked for a turn not normally a problem as Han is the primary target to begin with and should be close to dead before taunt anyways.
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Options
    It should be about 40% and the taunt should last only 1 turn. 3is too much and 2 turn taunt granted ok your basic is pretty crazy lol. Old ben is slow anyways so the taunt could last a bit
  • Options
    Maybe only taunt vs Sith?
  • BailWritte
    8 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Don't star him up he's more viable leader as a level 80 4* That has maxed abilities doesn't have the health or protection a lot of high dps toons can wipe him out with one hit (he tends to be target of he has lower health).
  • Options
    How about a taunt that puts a deathmark on his ****. Then it would be usefull
  • Options
    To be frank, I don't know why old ben doesn't have a taunt to begin with. He's a tank, but besides his crippling aoe and leader ability, he's useless. His damage is very very weak on his basic attack and it feels lackluster. Yes I know his unique gives your team a bunch of buffs but it doesn't really matter because I don't know anyone with at least half a brain who would kill off old ben first unless you want to get rid of his aoe and you have someone on your team who can rebuff everyone on the enemy team. If old ben had a taunt though, I think he would be great and not just good. Not overpowered. Just a good Jedi Tank. Let's be honest as well. NO JEDI TEAM currently has a tank with a Taunt, which I don't understand. Having tanks are only good if the enemy is forced to attack them because otherwise they are just going to go straight for your dps characters and ignore your tank. Especially ignore old ben because of his unique ability. I really think a taunt ability would help old ben VERY much. Also it would FINALLY give a Jedi team a jedi who can taunt. There are a lot of jedi and none have taunt which kind of stinks to be honest.
    Guild: Order 66 501st Division
  • Options
    Yeah his death buff is the least used ability in the game
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Close.

While I DISAGREEE on many levels with him having taunt, even with the tweak you mention, I do AGREE, that in the movie, he totally taunted Vader so that the other heroes could "escape" on the falcon (although the Empire is sneaky enough that it was all part of the plan).
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Close.

While I DISAGREEE on many levels with him having taunt, even with the tweak you mention, I do AGREE, that in the movie, he totally taunted Vader so that the other heroes could "escape" on the falcon (although the Empire is sneaky enough that it was all part of the plan).

Indeed. So you like my suicide buff idea then
  • digsmartins
    170 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Of course just make the character more stronger and with no disadvantages.
    While some characters only get a +5%/15% from his omega, some people think its ok to buff or rework an already overused toon.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Close.

No, I don't think he should be allowed to taunt at will. It would make him too strong. He's a support hero and fits his roll perfectly IMHO.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Close.

No, I don't think he should be allowed to taunt at will. It would make him too strong. He's a support hero and fits his roll perfectly IMHO.

Not a taunt. He just kills himself ...
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options

Not a taunt. He just kills himself ...

What, that's not what you described. And no Jedi would kill himself.
  • Options
    Except ben did
  • Tooltje
    188 posts Member
    Options
    I don't like a permanent taunt ability for Ben. However he is indeed an one trick pony with a wet noodle attack and an unique that almost never gets to be used. I would like something like this :
    Old Ben has a 15% chance to taunt for one attack at the start of each enemy's turn. In addition, he has 30% chance to counter during his taunt. If ben dies, he grants offense...
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    MacThizz wrote: »
    I agree 110% and actually had made a similar post about a month ago. A taunt for Ben wouldn't be OP cause he's so dodgy. Your more likely to miss him and do no damage, so it would still be quite a task to "strike him down".

And that's exactly why a proper taunt on him would turn him in a nightmare.. A dodgy taunter when we got already auto taunter and TM **** taunters would be too much
    Asic wrote: »
    Taunt too much ... But I agree anything else makes more sense. If he uses his basic twice he is likely to get evasion, it doesn't need to last 3 turns.

I would rather see something more interesting... Chance to reset his or another players cooldowns... Giving foresight to another toon... Stealth yoda

Anything to make someone want to kill him other than last.

To this I agree to some extent, although I feel Ben is good as it is, and that fine tuning him is not a top priority compared to many other characters, he could be better suited for tanking just with a little thing: make him decrease his special CD by 1 turn when not attacked (attacked, not hit) before he takes action. That would make people want to attack him but without being forced to do so, like a taunt would.
    Res non verba
  • MacThizz
    89 posts Member
    Options
    Bora wrote: »
    I agree 110% and actually had made a similar post about a month ago. A taunt for Ben wouldn't be OP cause he's so dodgy. Your more likely to miss him and do no damage, so it would still be quite a task to "strike him down".

And that's exactly why a proper taunt on him would turn him in a nightmare.. A dodgy taunter when we got already auto taunter and TM **** taunters would be too much
    Taunt too much ... But I agree anything else makes more sense. If he uses his basic twice he is likely to get evasion, it doesn't need to last 3 turns.

I would rather see something more interesting... Chance to reset his or another players cooldowns... Giving foresight to another toon... Stealth yoda

To this I agree to some extent, although I feel Ben is good as it is, and that fine tuning him is not a top priority compared to many other characters, he could be better suited for tanking just with a little thing: make him decrease his special CD by 1 turn when not attacked (attacked, not hit) before he takes action. That would make people want to attack him but without being forced to do so, like a taunt would.

I definitely think a taunt is what all old Ben users dream of. But like I said before, I will take dam near anything over a additional turn of evasion. It is unnecessary. I really like your idea to reduce the cool down for Mind Trick by 1. Or maybe....just give him 15% more damage on his basic! Or maybe a chance to stun the target! Or reduce their TM 20%. Anything!
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Except ben did

Technically inaccurate he was facing CERTAIN defeat at the hands of Vader.. he sacrificed himself for the sake of Skywalker... so he could escape..

He didn't "kill" himself as much as he did "ascend" elsewhere if he did in fact die there would be a body but there was NOT.

• Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options

I definitely think a taunt is what all old Ben users dream of. But like I said before, I will take dam near anything over a additional turn of evasion. It is unnecessary. I really like your idea to reduce the cool down for Mind Trick by 1. Or maybe....just give him 15% more damage on his basic! Or maybe a chance to stun the target! Or reduce their TM 20%. Anything!

Yes indeed, and I can understand that.. Imho a taunt would just make him OP and redundant, i feel the mechanic I suggested to better suite his role in the lore. Besides, I think people are not that much in the taunt thing, they like the effects that a taunt would have; make him a priority target and it would be fulfilled anyway.. I mean, nobody on earth would like mind tricks go twice or more in a battle, but at least there would be a balanced way to avoid it.
    Also taunt/dodge/tm would lead to more RNG frustration, while not providing a strategic approach to counter it. Does it like you more when your success is due to luck or when you achieve it because you've been smart?
    A character who you really don't want to kill, which is plainly forcing you to do so (while giving TM to the rest of the team) is pretty much the quintessential definition of OP :D and it wouldn't be more than just a failsafe no brainer choice!
    I respected too much Ben in my childhood to do reduce him that way ;)
    Res non verba
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    Options
    I know the perfect solution for Old Ben and his Omega Basic.

Potency Up - Give his basic attack 50% to apply Potency Up for 1 or 2 turns.

There is a severe lack of potency on some characters and giving his slow speed and low tenacity giving his basic attack a group buff for potency would be amazing. I am against him having a taunt.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    I think key the OP discussion was that the omega makes no sense.

Even 15 percent damage would be better. Longer evasion is useless since he can trigger it off his basic after two turns anyway.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    MoBlaq wrote: »

There is a severe lack of potency on some characters and giving his slow speed and low tenacity giving his basic attack a group buff for potency would be amazing. I am against him having a taunt.

That'd be great! Nice idea, there's definitely plenty of characters that could really benefit from it, just I dunno if it could push ppl to attack him.. I thought one of the main issues is that it is almost impossible to benefit from his special. But I'd really appreciate more toons capable to provide potency up to the whole team, even if it hasn't necessarily to be OB case!
    Res non verba
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    MoBlaq wrote: »

Sorry, double post
    Res non verba
  • Options
    What if his taunt was permanent until his death, but is paired with a 50% health reduction? Then the unique ability gets used, glass cannons can't hide behind him forever, and it's consistent with OB lowering his defenses in ANH.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Putting taunt on Old Ben would make him way OP.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    What if his taunt was permanent until his death, but is paired with a 50% health reduction? Then the unique ability gets used, glass cannons can't hide behind him forever, and it's consistent with OB lowering his defenses in ANH.

I still think his unique like one of the strongest in the game, it shouldn't be triggered that easily.
    Res non verba