The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    Algeroth wrote: »
    What is best strategy against Resistance team? Yesterday I met team of Finn, Poe, RT, R2 and Rey and could not beat them. My team is Thrawn, ShT, ST, DT, DN.

Who goes first?

Unfortunately Poe was first.
    BulYwif wrote: »
    What is best strategy against Resistance team? Yesterday I met team of Finn, Poe, RT, R2 and Rey and could not beat them. My team is Thrawn, ShT, ST, DT, DN.

You need to have a faster toon than Poe. Thrawn is perfect against them. If Poe can taunt, it's almost over :smile:

Thanks, then I need more speed on Thrawn, now he is only 241.
    Haven't lost to CLS / zSolo teams yet using a dual tank team with Shore & Storm - zThrawn lead + DN and DT

Thrawn can fracture one unit and being a rebel, DT can pin another with his basic. Additionally, his terminate does 20k+ CD against these rebels and Han is pretty squish and can die quickly.

It's really amazing how effective Storm is as a taunter and taking TM when no ten up is involved.

DT is huge because even one dazed / stunned target to pick off really lets you avoid being countered ... and you have the fractured target as well. I'm not finding CLS lead to be a problem really.

How you modded your ST, for speed or prot or maybe def?

Storm and shore modded for speed and protection - under zeta Thrawn lead that's huge. Shore and storm are 211 and 218 respectively in speed. Both have 3x prot primaries. Storm is 19/44 h/p (this is plenty with CD immunity and D up and prot regen) and Shore is 31 / 58 h/p.

Fought another iteration today with Wiggs / zSolo / zCLS / R2 - same result - no issues. Another version had 3xZCLS lead, Solo, 2xZR2, GK, and Thrawn - again no issues. The 2 empire taunts with CD immunity / heal / prot regen are a legit brick wall.

DT I think is really key here - the basic daze / stun is cash money - and the terminate is a great kill shot on the squishier rebels like Leia / Han / Biggs / ATF. DN actually doesn't do a lot in this setup as I don't pull the AOE until round 2/3 when I have the CD immunity up and the tanks are in good position to take some counter damage. He's more of a tanky damage absorber and a finisher with a late game annihilate. I actually think Veers could be pretty strong in that spot on offense. Defense DN is > however so I stick with it.

How fast is your DT? I am sure you thought about it, but why not using DK instead of DN or Veers?
  • Indominable_J
    1812 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So ... any videos of meta Empire teams vs Luke squads? :)

I'm at a crossroads right now. If I push (and buy one Ben pack *sigh*) I'll be able to get Luke. But I've also been working on an Empire squad - Thrawn, DK, DT, Shore, and Tarkin. Will Empire still be viable, or has the decline to irrelevance begun in the face of the Rebel onslaught.

Here's one, though it's not a fully zeta'd CLS squad:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZiEk6cnlJE
  • Options
    I've been able to win with zzThrawn, death, shore, storm, nihilus... Formulations with ztarkin/krennic for a pure empire is less effective vs. CLS
  • Options

I'm at a crossroads right now. If I push (and buy one Ben pack *sigh*) I'll be able to get Luke. But I've also been working on an Empire squad - Thrawn, DK, DT, Shore, and Tarkin. Will Empire still be viable, or has the decline to irrelevance begun in the face of the Rebel onslaught.

Man, Shore is a beast.

Thanks for doing this video. What rank was the team you were fighting? I'm surprised how infrequently Luke went, but maybe that's just what the Empire does to you.

It does make me think that Empire still has a place in the meta. Maybe I will hold off getting Luke until the next time he's around.
  • Options
    CLS can take first, Thrawn can take first. That is the story of the current meta.
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    Options
    CLS unlocks a portion of TB that will get you and your guild more of the new currency in case you didn't remember. He'll have more use than just arena.
  • Indominable_J
    1812 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Man, Shore is a beast.

Thanks for doing this video. What rank was the team you were fighting? I'm surprised how infrequently Luke went, but maybe that's just what the Empire does to you.

It does make me think that Empire still has a place in the meta. Maybe I will hold off getting Luke until the next time he's around.

Top 3. 245 speed Luke. Empire is constantly gaining TM, and then you have Tarkin and Krennic taking it away from the other team.

EDIT: 273 speed R2. My Thrawn is 261. /END EDIT

There are a bunch of other Luke leads -- I'll see about recording fights against them when it's arena time today.

That being said, Luke is a beast for purposes outside of arena. He's already being shown to be a beast in raids, has a mission in TB, and probably is going to be solid for other game modes as well.
    Post edited by Indominable_J on
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Onark wrote: »
    CLS unlocks a portion of TB that will get you and your guild more of the new currency in case you didn't remember. He'll have more use than just arena.

For example, raids
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Hello guys, i play new shard (so far only one 85) but shard is full of whales with cls r2 gk thraws, which is not common for few months old shard.
    I'm one of few playing dark side. I'm about to have first zeta and not sure who to zeta first to get back my options are zaul zader and zdn.
    Here is my account so you know my options https://swgoh.gg/u/collapse/
    I will be thankful for any constructive feedback.
  • Options
    Thanks for the vids @Indominable_J, it's appreciated :)
  • Options
    @ddlooping2 -- No prob! I'm just glad Empire can persist against the Rebel Scum!
  • Options
    Mevith wrote: »

Who goes first?

Unfortunately Poe was first.
    BulYwif wrote: »

You need to have a faster toon than Poe. Thrawn is perfect against them. If Poe can taunt, it's almost over :smile:

Thanks, then I need more speed on Thrawn, now he is only 241.
    Haven't lost to CLS / zSolo teams yet using a dual tank team with Shore & Storm - zThrawn lead + DN and DT

Thrawn can fracture one unit and being a rebel, DT can pin another with his basic. Additionally, his terminate does 20k+ CD against these rebels and Han is pretty squish and can die quickly.

It's really amazing how effective Storm is as a taunter and taking TM when no ten up is involved.

DT is huge because even one dazed / stunned target to pick off really lets you avoid being countered ... and you have the fractured target as well. I'm not finding CLS lead to be a problem really.

How you modded your ST, for speed or prot or maybe def?

Storm and shore modded for speed and protection - under zeta Thrawn lead that's huge. Shore and storm are 211 and 218 respectively in speed. Both have 3x prot primaries. Storm is 19/44 h/p (this is plenty with CD immunity and D up and prot regen) and Shore is 31 / 58 h/p.

Fought another iteration today with Wiggs / zSolo / zCLS / R2 - same result - no issues. Another version had 3xZCLS lead, Solo, 2xZR2, GK, and Thrawn - again no issues. The 2 empire taunts with CD immunity / heal / prot regen are a legit brick wall.

DT I think is really key here - the basic daze / stun is cash money - and the terminate is a great kill shot on the squishier rebels like Leia / Han / Biggs / ATF. DN actually doesn't do a lot in this setup as I don't pull the AOE until round 2/3 when I have the CD immunity up and the tanks are in good position to take some counter damage. He's more of a tanky damage absorber and a finisher with a late game annihilate. I actually think Veers could be pretty strong in that spot on offense. Defense DN is > however so I stick with it.

How fast is your DT? I am sure you thought about it, but why not using DK instead of DN or Veers?

Really just for tankiness - DK falls so fast - Veers is a bit light in the pants as well. DT only have at 206 - have him specified for potency, cc, and cd. DN is also better on D so it's not an issue I have to worry about what I leave in a D slot.
  • Options
    I've been able to win with zzThrawn, death, shore, storm, nihilus... Formulations with ztarkin/krennic for a pure empire is less effective vs. CLS

Yes if you're going empire vs. CLS teams Thrawn is the way to go hands down. The tanking and prot regen along with the tanks available to Empire hold up very well vs. Rebel comps.
  • Options

Good stuff! Interesting background audio. :)

Thanks for doing those videos. That team works so well together - perfect symmetry. And very good to see the Empire can hang with the Rebels still!
  • Indominable_J
    1812 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Good stuff! Interesting background audio. :)

Thanks for doing those videos. That team works so well together - perfect symmetry. And very good to see the Empire can hang with the Rebels still!

Thanks for the heads up! Apparently it decided to record Bloodline since the volume on my phone is turned down. Hopefully that's resolved now.
    Post edited by Indominable_J on
  • Options
    Hey guys, need a little help with my Empire (+ Nihilus) Arena team. Currently run Thrawn (L), EP, Vader, Nihilus, ShT. All are gear 8 except EP (G10) and Vader (G9). I heard Tarkin is a good leader and have just got him up to 7* and G8, and I also have a 7* G9 TFP. Just wondering if either of these two would help improve my arena team at all? I hope to have DeathTrooper later on, but am only lvl 82 so can't farm him yet. My swgoh.gg account is https://swgoh.gg/u/asra9632/

Any help would be appreciated
  • Options
    hello fellow imperials

Friday i got krennic to 7* gxii, and promptly lost 9/10 arena battles. Running EP L, shore, Zoba Fett, zDT and TFP. Sat i tried GMT lead and also failed miserably.

so yesterday i zetad krennics lead and seem to be doing really well. was languishing at 150-100 with EP lead, but moved up to 70, the dropped to 89 at payout. but woke up at 89 next day! they hit hard, 20k crits from krennic and tfp regularly, and tons of prot regeneration. not seen any Rex or GK leads yet but doing well so far.

running dk L, DT Shore tfp and GMt, and theyre really hard to kill. https://swgoh.gg/u/theepdx/

cheers
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    Options
    AhnaldT101 put out a video on Krennic zeta lead and it seemed to do well against GK and Rex teams at the top of arena but he had DN and Thrawn.

Hopefully the rebels reduce Rex leads but early signs say Rex is going to stay strong.
  • Options
    @Indominable_J , if the opportunity presents itself please record a video of your Empire team vs a CLS + zHan Solo + R2D2 + 2 one. ;)
  • Options
    If a zHan shows up, I will do so!
  • Options
    Well i just destroyed a rex L wiggs and chaze team. Im not a top tier playe by any stretch, currently at 65, but doing a lot better than ive done in 6-12 months. Highest ever was around 7, and used to get top 20 regularly. but been 150-100ish for 2-3 months now.

but liking krennics kit a lot. +10% damage for each rebel enemy, +10% for each debuffed enemy (also given to DT); ability block if crit on a debuffed enemy. Lots of 20k crits regularly for him and TFP. A brute force approach but seems to be working.

cheers
  • Options
    If I push (and buy one Ben pack *sigh*) I'll be able to get Luke.
    @TheMegaSage, I would strongly advise you to push and get Luke regardless of your preferred faction, strategy etc etc
    I know I would if I could. :D
  • Options
    @BeWary Any chance of you recording a video next time you fight Smithie D?
    It'd be really appreciated. :)
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Options
    ddlooping2 wrote: »

Hmmm, I'd love to, but I'm on iOS. I suppose I could record the screen with another device, but then my fat finger touching the screen would ruin the video. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    BeWary wrote: »

Hmmm, I'd love to, but I'm on iOS. I suppose I could record the screen with another device, but then my fat finger touching the screen would ruin the video. :open_mouth:

There's some way to do it if you're connected to your computer and screen mirroring or something. I don't know how to do it though -- I only record on my phone (android) and not my iPad. Looking forward to the new iOS update that is supposed to include recording.
  • TheMegaSage
    393 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    If I push (and buy one Ben pack *sigh*) I'll be able to get Luke.
    @TheMegaSage, I would strongly advise you to push and get Luke regardless of your preferred faction, strategy etc etc
    I know I would if I could. :D

@ddlooping2 In the end, I decided to just get the Ben pack. It was $32 cdn (sigh) but that's not even an hour of work for a great character in a game I play every day. It would be foolish not to get it! (I told myself) :)

Luke is great, and having a team of Luke, Leia, R2, Han Solo, and Old Ben that actually work well together is honestly pretty cool. If nothing else, I now have two teams (empire and rebels) that I can have "fun" gearing up over the next four months. :) Just in time for the new movie! Thankfully First Order was my first real team, so they're all sitting at g11 and 7* waiting for Hux and Snoke to be released.
  • Options
    Congrats, @TheMegaSage, no doubt you made the right move. :)
  • Options
    @ddlooping2 -- ask and ye shall receive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji08dbC8B1I

The last death in the video (CLS) is very satisfying.
  • Options
    @ddlooping2 -- ask and ye shall receive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji08dbC8B1I

The last death in the video (CLS) is very satisfying.

Yeah buddy! This is my exact squad. Sometimes I will use Storm/Snow and Veers in place of Krennic and Tarkin but I always come back to this comp.

Shore is a must against CLS squads with all of their counters.

I wish I could record on my iPhone.

Thanks for sharing!