The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Mega_Man wrote: »
    I'm actually looking forward to these Rebels. Tarkin's Intimidation Tactics can't be resisted by Rebels. Per Krennic's unique, Krennic and DT gain 10% crit damage per Rebel enemy and per debuffed enemy. Potentially a 100% crit damage increase against Rebels. Krennic's Experimental Weaponry inflicts speed down on Rebels. Deathtrooper's basic attacks twice on Rebel enemies with a potential to inflict daze and stun. I say bring it on.

Just for some warriness: r2 zeta crit on cleanse can possibly happen quite often as luke has that ridiculous +50% crit chance with call to action, Han Solo has basically 100% crit chance, Ahsoka can be immune to debuffs. The saving grace would be Deathtrooper's basic attacks, but for the other **** I'm a bit worried....

But on the other hand Tarkin's AoE debuff is critical chance down and offence down. That will help lower the rebels crit chance, so they can't cleanse themselves as easily.

Maybe the time has come to try something like DK lead, Thrawn, Tarkin, DT, and Snow? Thrawn starts by swapping TM with Tarkin, who does his debuff and AoE tm reduction, then Snow (modded for 65% base crit at least) can keep AoEing to keep the enemy team ability blocked, while DK does his AoE stagger, and DT increases their CDs. Thing is, tho, that you have to inflict ability block on them before they can use a tenacity up or cleanse...
  • Options
    For you dark side players. I run a sith squad with zDN as leader. I just got another zeta and was going to put it on Savage as I have read on the forum that it works well under a DN lead. But was curious if I should first zeta DN unique. Would that be beneficial at all over Savage? Or I could work on my empire team and give the zeta to Tarkin.
  • Options
    What about vanilla stormtrooper? With all the counters, seems like a lot of tm reduction
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    @johnnysocks71 I reccomend nihilus unique, it dosent get blocked by tenacity so even vs triple cleanse you'll always have at least 1 garenteed cd reduc on debuffed character.
  • Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    @johnnysocks71 I reccomend nihilus unique, it dosent get blocked by tenacity so even vs triple cleanse you'll always have at least 1 garenteed cd reduc on debuffed character.

@Durrun Thanks for replying. Appreciated. I wasn't sure, because a lot of people on the forum said Zavage is a beast under DN. I haven't been using Savage in arena as I swapped him out to be able to use SA and ST. So maybe I will save it for DN unique.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Savage is a powerhouse for sure but a lot of his survival is stacking heals, he can lifesteal quite well but if you miss an attack with him he can die to wiggs or Chirrut max dmg attack, use him if you have a lot of debuff heavy squads in arena, otherwise ST is godly under the right conditions and SA is a garenteed must on any team with 2 or more sith
  • Options
    Durrun wrote: »

Not true. DN's special doesn't apply a tenacity check, but his unique certainly does.
  • Options
    can someone explain TFP to me?? why is it used a lot? not to sound stupid just curious
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    212Attack wrote: »
    can someone explain TFP to me?? why is it used a lot? not to sound **** just curious

He's super fast... fastest character in the game currently

His ability block and buff blocks can be super annoying... plus he gets foresight constantly making him a pain to kill... and he does very solid damage.
  • Options
    Any idea when will we get a new Thrawn event? I mustered enough willpower to go through and make Phoenix 5* G7, enough to unlock him.
  • Options
    Any idea when will we get a new Thrawn event? I mustered enough willpower to go through and make Phoenix 5* G7, enough to unlock him.

We don't know, but it was a "very rare event", like the first palpatine event. My guess would be another 1-4 months before the event comes back.
  • Nukin
    415 posts Member
    Options
    Wanted to share my Tarkin Arena Trials playlist here with you all

• Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    212Attack wrote: »
    can someone explain TFP to me?? why is it used a lot? not to sound **** just curious

He's super fast... fastest character in the game currently

His ability block and buff blocks can be super annoying... plus he gets foresight constantly making him a pain to kill... and he does very solid damage.

In addition, he gains a lot of tm, so his speed is significantly magnified.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    What about vanilla stormtrooper? With all the counters, seems like a lot of tm reduction

Stormtrooper can indeed be good against CLS led teams. He starts the battle with +230% defense in a full Empire team and combined to Tarkin's Ultimate Firepower, TM can be reduced a lot (50% from Tarkin and 50% from AoE counter).

I was also thinking of a Gar Saxon's led team to counter CLS (Rebel counter vs Empire counter). Saxon, ISC, DT, Thrawn, Tarkin/Storm. StormT in such team can be good since he can expose on his basic and reduce TM for the rebel counters.
  • Options
    What is best strategy against Resistance team? Yesterday I met team of Finn, Poe, RT, R2 and Rey and could not beat them. My team is Thrawn, ShT, ST, DT, DN.
  • Options
    So, what's the consensus on best way to counter CLS teams?

The following toons all have bonuses against Rebels:

Palpatine
    Death trooper
    Krennic
    Veers
    Tarkin

I think DT is the most important counter to Rebels but I think the compositions depends on the opponent
  • Options
    Algeroth wrote: »
    What is best strategy against Resistance team? Yesterday I met team of Finn, Poe, RT, R2 and Rey and could not beat them. My team is Thrawn, ShT, ST, DT, DN.

Who goes first?
  • Options

Who goes first?

giphy.gif
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

You need to have a faster toon than Poe. Thrawn is perfect against them. If Poe can taunt, it's almost over :smile:
  • Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    So, what's the consensus on best way to counter CLS teams?

It's a shame to say... but I think adding R2 into the team for his stealth (to negate counter attacks) is the best solution...

I would probably run no tank (since the value of taunt is greatly diminished with Luke & Han on those teams) and do something like...

Thrawn (L), DT, Nihilus, Krennic & R2

Would be an annoying team to fight for sure...

Haven't lost to CLS / zSolo teams yet using a dual tank team with Shore & Storm - zThrawn lead + DN and DT

Thrawn can fracture one unit and being a rebel, DT can pin another with his basic. Additionally, his terminate does 20k+ CD against these rebels and Han is pretty squish and can die quickly.

It's really amazing how effective Storm is as a taunter and taking TM when no ten up is involved.

DT is huge because even one dazed / stunned target to pick off really lets you avoid being countered ... and you have the fractured target as well. I'm not finding CLS lead to be a problem really.
  • Options
    Wanted to share my Tarkin Arena Trials playlist here with you all...
    Thanks @NukinFromRepublic, very much appreciated. :)

• Algeroth
    51 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Who goes first?

Unfortunately Poe was first.
    BulYwif wrote: »

You need to have a faster toon than Poe. Thrawn is perfect against them. If Poe can taunt, it's almost over :smile:

Thanks, then I need more speed on Thrawn, now he is only 241.
    Haven't lost to CLS / zSolo teams yet using a dual tank team with Shore & Storm - zThrawn lead + DN and DT

Thrawn can fracture one unit and being a rebel, DT can pin another with his basic. Additionally, his terminate does 20k+ CD against these rebels and Han is pretty squish and can die quickly.

It's really amazing how effective Storm is as a taunter and taking TM when no ten up is involved.

DT is huge because even one dazed / stunned target to pick off really lets you avoid being countered ... and you have the fractured target as well. I'm not finding CLS lead to be a problem really.

How you modded your ST, for speed or prot or maybe def?
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Options
    Just want to make sure all the Empire fans get a chance to view some of the character updates we thought up
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/126007/empire-suggestions-by-empire-players#latest
  • Options
    Wouldn't Leia Organa pretty much smoke an Empire team?

Just wondering based on what I saw on her kit. I'm trying to decide if I should really start shifting my resources away from Empire at this point.
  • Options

Just wondering based on what I saw on her kit. I'm trying to decide if I should really start shifting my resources away from Empire at this point.

Don't redeem yourself @WompWompRat Stay on the darkside.
  • Options

Don't redeem yourself @WompWompRat Stay on the darkside.

LOL ... it's hard
  • Options
    So ... any videos of meta Empire teams vs Luke squads? :)

I'm at a crossroads right now. If I push (and buy one Ben pack *sigh*) I'll be able to get Luke. But I've also been working on an Empire squad - Thrawn, DK, DT, Shore, and Tarkin. Will Empire still be viable, or has the decline to irrelevance begun in the face of the Rebel onslaught.
  • Options

Who goes first?

Unfortunately Poe was first.
    BulYwif wrote: »

Thanks, then I need more speed on Thrawn, now he is only 241.

How you modded your ST, for speed or prot or maybe def?

Storm and shore modded for speed and protection - under zeta Thrawn lead that's huge. Shore and storm are 211 and 218 respectively in speed. Both have 3x prot primaries. Storm is 19/44 h/p (this is plenty with CD immunity and D up and prot regen) and Shore is 31 / 58 h/p.

Fought another iteration today with Wiggs / zSolo / zCLS / R2 - same result - no issues. Another version had 3xZCLS lead, Solo, 2xZR2, GK, and Thrawn - again no issues. The 2 empire taunts with CD immunity / heal / prot regen are a legit brick wall.

DT I think is really key here - the basic daze / stun is cash money - and the terminate is a great kill shot on the squishier rebels like Leia / Han / Biggs / ATF. DN actually doesn't do a lot in this setup as I don't pull the AOE until round 2/3 when I have the CD immunity up and the tanks are in good position to take some counter damage. He's more of a tanky damage absorber and a finisher with a late game annihilate. I actually think Veers could be pretty strong in that spot on offense. Defense DN is > however so I stick with it.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Options
    So ... any videos of meta Empire teams vs Luke squads? :)

I'm at a crossroads right now. If I push (and buy one Ben pack *sigh*) I'll be able to get Luke. But I've also been working on an Empire squad - Thrawn, DK, DT, Shore, and Tarkin. Will Empire still be viable, or has the decline to irrelevance begun in the face of the Rebel onslaught.

I don't have a video, but I attempted to beat Smithie D's squad today. I was in 3rd, he was in 2nd. I use Thrawn (L), DT, DK, ShT, and Tarkin. All zetas applied.

He had Cluke (L), Raid Han, Chaze, and R2.

I think I could have beaten him, but I didn't fracture soon enough and lost my advantage. I was trying to get Cluke fractured and didn't take down Baze's taunt properly (he had foresight and I s tupidly used DT's AOE).

His team went first of course with Raid Han (don't remember whom he targeted), and so I was delayed in getting ramped up. I made the mistake of doing a couple of AOE's, and it messed up DT pretty bad.

Overall, Smithie's team didn't hit too hard except with a mass counter, so dazing them would be helpful, but DT died too early to spread that love around. Focusing fire on single targets should take care of those pesky rebels pretty quickly, at least until you have daze spread around.

Be Wary out there...