The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Goride wrote: »
    I have been running this team for awhile now. I can defeat anyone on offense, but I have been a little disappointed with how far I slip on defense. Any ideas how to make this team more resilient on defense?
    • zzThrawn (lead) [Speed: 256; Zeta: leader and unique]
    • zTarkin [Speed: 217; Zeta: unique only]
    • DT [Speed: 215; No Zeta]
    • ShT [Speed: 186]
    • DN [Speed: 211; No Zeta]
    Everyone is G11

I was thinking about switching to Tarkin lead. A lot of the teams in my top 20 are running DN, and Tarkin lead will allow Thrawn to GAC Tarkin and then Tarkin will do his debuff+aoe double attack. Under Thrawn lead, Thrawn does GAC to Tarkin, but then Tarkin gets a debuff so he uses Maneuver to cleanse himself. I do not have a zeta on Tarkin's leader though.

I also have these guys I could try subbing in (but I am not sure it would make it stronger):
    Empire:
    • Gen.Veers - G11 [no zeta]
    • TFP - G11
    • EP - G11
    • Vader G11 [zeta: leader]
    • StormTrooper - (unactivated/not-geared, but I have 330 shards, doesn't seem too bad to gear)
    • DK - (unactivated/not-geared, only 191 shards)
    Non-Empire:
    • GK - G11
    • ST Han - G11

I have thought about, taking Tarkin out and using GK instead. I don't know if that would be stronger or not, but I do know it would be less Empire - which is less desirable. But with all the DN enemies and zQGJ+Yoda teams out there, the initial Tarkin combo very rarely gets pulled off under Thrawn lead. I think under Tarkin lead I could pull it off, but under Thrawn lead, Tarkin doesn't seem to be pulling his weight. GK would also help provide protection once ShT gets dispelled (which is almost all the time between enemy DN, QGJ, and Thawns). Stormtrooper could also provide a similar function.

I currently have enough to apply ONE zeta ability. I have thought about Veers, but if I do that, I would probably need to gear up Stormtrooper and replae DN and Tarkin with Veers and Stormtrooper. Another option is to zeta Tarkin's leader ability, but I am not sure yet if Tarkin's leader would outweigh Thrawn's. Overall, I think Thrawn's leader is better, but it just seems to be pretty vulnerable against DN and zQGJ(L)+Yoda.

Switch zTarkin by GK and you have the meta empire team. Tarkin zeta lead does not bring so much to the game. Expose is nice but not game changer since it can be cleansed. Nevertheless, with Storm who also expose, it often happens that 2 expose are on the target.

Only use Storm with ShT if you want to use him. Mod him like an attacker with a speed arrow and CC/CD mods, ShT with full protection.

Only zeta Veers if you want to run him with 3 others troopers at least. I'm now running zVeers, ShT, StormT, DT and Thrawn and it's a good team. Thrawn(L) with the same toons is also great, especially with zeta lead.

With Tarkin lead, run DT, GK, DN and Thrawn and it's one of the most efficient team actually.

I've tried Tarkin lead with Shore instead of GK and that squad stinks against the "new" Rex/Thrawn/DN teams.

Would GK make that dramatic of a difference? (My Shore has an effective speed of 242 under Tarkin lead)

2 guys in my shard are running this comp and are in the top fives. I don't have GK yet but it seems efficient since they also don't drop a lot. The difference is that GK as only taunt can regain taunt easily whereas ShT is on CD.
    Since I don't have GK, I run both StormT and ShT and this duo is very efficient. If ShT is dispelled, StormT can taunt. StormT is a kind of attacker, he can crit for 20k, so the speed arrow on him and full protection on ShT. Also StormT gives ShT another buff, so when ShT is dispelled, he can taunt again at his next turn since 3 buffs were removed (Taunt, Crit Immunity and Defense Up so CD decreased by 3 too).
    StormT is really underrated and so is his zeta too. Just need the good team for him and he shines.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    About Luke, frankly, i'm tired of trying something diferent from what devs want in this game. I feel like always going "against the tide" when using dark side teams.

In a common mobile/console games, usually u choose wich hero/squad u wanna play with, each one has a diferent skill enhanced ability. Think well of your strategy and couple with the choice u have made. But most of all, there's some balance among all the toons. At least the top ones.

None of this happen at swgoh, as people say, this is a rebel/light side game. Some conspiracy theory claim that Disney forbid dark side to be very good, i trully doubt, it's all on devs hands.

We barelly had a good taste of Thrawn and a mediocre empire pass, and now they will release op Luke plus a huge rebel pass and even give a jedi a rebel tag.

Sometimes people on my shard run chaze with CUP and or mob enforcer, they still easily reach the top. While some of them are using a 4* g10 chaze i need my empire/dark side toons to be maxed or not gonna stand a chance on the battle.

I sincerely give up, definitely ! Tired of trying to have fun with diferent comps or having some creativity on building unexpected teams. CG made this clear once again, they don't want that, u got to follow the rebel band wagon and must be happy with it.
  • Orleans
    177 posts Member
    Options
    Hey,

Current team: https://swgoh.gg/u/xorleans/

My Shardmates reported that Thrawn first uses Fracture and doesn't swap tm with Tarkin. Can I somehow change it?? Yesterday I had Tarkin faster and there it worked well. But Tarkin is much slower than Thrawn and Thrawn guaranteed that my team goes first.
    Any ideas why this is so and how can I change that?
  • Options
    Orleans wrote: »
    Hey,

My Shardmates reported that Thrawn first uses Fracture and doesn't swap tm with Tarkin. Can I somehow change it?? Yesterday I had Tarkin faster and there it worked well. But Tarkin is much slower than Thrawn and Thrawn guaranteed that my team goes first.

Thrawn doesn't swap unless he is debuffed.
  • Options
    Hey,

He will only TM swap first turn if the opposing team has a Nihilus with his unique Zeta'd.
  • Options
    Ah, I thought so.**** it, thanks guys! Well..I need to increase Tarkins speed...
  • Options
    7sgz7iP.png

This is what happened when I tried substituting veers in for nihilus.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Hey,

The swap TM with your speed is unuseful. Thrawn will gain 15% TM due to his unique and both Thrawn and Tarkin will be at 100% TM, so it's random who will play first.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Hey,

The swap TM with your speed is unuseful. Thrawn will gain 15% TM due to his unique and both Thrawn and Tarkin will be at 100% TM, so it's random who will play first.

Thrawn doesn't gain tm from himself. Only if shore is present and taunting. So getting the hero
    He calls to .84% of his speed with shore is really good or any speed if shore isn't present.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    Hey,

Thrawn doesn't gain tm from himself. Only if shore is present and taunting. So getting the hero
    He calls to .84% of his speed with shore is really good or any speed if shore isn't present.

Ah yes, I misread the other ally. It happens to me because of my Shoretrooper then.
  • Options
    I tested Tarkin faster than Thrawn yesterday. The problem on defense is that Tarkin can not attack two times at the beginning. My Thrawn is only ~3 speed slower than Tarkin and if he uses fracture against Rex lead, at least one crit is involved and there is the chance that my whole team can not go first. Thrawn is now faster than Tarkin. On offense its easy. But on defense .. Unfortunately Tarkin does not immediately reduce the turnmeter with his aoe. Tarkin gets only 75% tm, maybe it would be better with Shore for GK?

What speed order is on defense in your opinion most effective?
  • Options
    FULL EMPIRE! Been using these guys to very high effectiveness - no zeta on DT either. Shore and Storm are a brick wall. DK and DT deal strong damage. Held in top 15 both nights. Not an elite build, but fun winning with no GK, no DN, no R2, no Chaze, and no Rex.

EGqeTzZ.png

Purge the meta sheep scum!!!

HRDYW6b.png

I think it holds decently well on defense as a really tanky stall team.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So with the impending release of the new Commander Luke, are we looking at the end of Empire squads?

Leader Ability – Rebel Maneuvers:
    Rebel allies have +50% Counter Chance, +50% Defense, and +15% Offense. Whenever an enemy Resists a detrimental effect, Rebel allies gain 5% Turn Meter.

Empire relies on AoE ... so many of them have it. Yet will any of them dare do their attack if they are going to be countered by Luke, ATF, Biggs, Wedge, and GK? Seems a quick way to die.

In that setup, no one dispels enemies but Luke and his special on one target. Also, GK won't counter - unless you're stacking retribution on everyone from his special. I can see a decent trap to be made from having Tarkin put o / cc down on them and using stormtrooper as the taunt to remove their TM. I have to think Rebels teams will need to get Chaze in there for the enemy dispel + team cleanse and spam taunt. The other option is R2 and smokescreen, but once that's cleansed rebels are pretty exposed.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    FULL EMPIRE! Been using these guys to very high effectiveness - no zeta on DT either. Shore and Storm are a brick wall. DK and DT deal strong damage. Held in top 15 both nights. Not an elite build, but fun winning with no GK, no DN, no R2, no Chaze, and no Rex.

EGqeTzZ.png

HRDYW6b.png

I'm using a Veers lead with StormT, ShT, DT and Thrawn. The duo ShT and StormT is as you say really tanky. I've now put a speed arrow on StormT and CC/CD mods and full protection on ShT and try to give him full Defense mods to make him again stronger. What speed and mods do you have on them?

@JohnnySteelAlpha
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

EGqeTzZ.png

HRDYW6b.png

I'm using a Veers lead with StormT, ShT, DT and Thrawn. The duo ShT and StormT is as you say really tanky. I've now put a speed arrow on StormT and CC/CD mods and full protection on ShT and try to give him full Defense mods to make him again stronger. What speed and mods do you have on them?

@JohnnySteelAlpha

They both have speed arrows - Shore is at 209 with 31/59 h/p and Storm is 218 speed with 22/33 h/p. Have to factor in though the Storm 30% defense unique + 15% max prot from Thrawn lead + 10% max health from Shore unique .. and I have the Thrawn lead zeta'd so they're regaining a notable amount of that protection..and of course heals from Shore. I never liked slow tanks. Then from the skills you get defense up from Storm and CD immunity from Shore, so the damage they take is greatly reduced.

EDIT: Storm also has a potency cross primary and an offense triangle primary. Potency for the TM removal skill (64% total potency) and offense primary to get a bit more punch out of him. I haven't had any issues really with his survivability to this point. DT also provides +10% health steal as well so there's a good deal of regenerative capability built in this team.

EDIT: Final note on this team - I have DT modded for damage not speed. He has a cc / cd set and except for the arrow he has offense secondaries on every mod: 35, 76, 44, 46, and 109 - cc is at 56%. Speed is at 200 only. Relying on Thrawn TM swap to move him along with his TM gain skill when DK is attacked + he gets to attack from DK's aoe. His DM crits for around 21-25k depending on # of debuffed enemies. DK I have a bit more of a speed focus, but still deferred to cc / cd and damage. He's a 226, but crits for 18-22k on his basic. Has 2 prot primaries and a potency primary on the cross (if you have DT zeta'd you can probably skip the 2nd prot primary - i may be even being excessive here).
    Post edited by JohnnySteelAlpha on
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options

EGqeTzZ.png

HRDYW6b.png

@JohnnySteelAlpha

They both have speed arrows - Shore is at 209 with 31/59 h/p and Storm is 218 speed with 22/33 h/p. Have to factor in though the Storm 30% defense unique + 15% max prot from Thrawn lead + 10% max health from Shore unique .. and I have the Thrawn lead zeta'd so they're regaining a notable amount of that protection..and of course heals from Shore. I never liked slow tanks. Then from the skills you get defense up from Storm and CD immunity from Shore, so the damage they take is greatly reduced.

EDIT: Storm also has a potency cross primary and an offense triangle primary. Potency for the TM removal skill (64% total potency) and offense primary to get a bit more punch out of him. I haven't had any issues really with his survivability to this point. DT also provides +10% health steal as well so there's a good deal of regenerative capability built in this team.

EDIT: Final note on this team - I have DT modded for damage not speed. He has a cc / cd set and except for the arrow he has offense secondaries on every mod: 35, 76, 44, 46, and 109 - cc is at 56%. Speed is at 200 only. Relying on Thrawn TM swap to move him along with his TM gain skill when DK is attacked + he gets to attack from DK's aoe. His DM crits for around 21-25k depending on # of debuffed enemies. DK I have a bit more of a speed focus, but still deferred to cc / cd and damage. He's a 226, but crits for 18-22k on his basic. Has 2 prot primaries and a potency primary on the cross (if you have DT zeta'd you can probably skip the 2nd prot primary - i may be even being excessive here).

OK. Thanks for that. I'll try to test more speed on tanks when I get the good mods too.
  • Options
    The only thing that stinks about Stormtrooper against Rex Lead builds is that tenacity up means Storm's turnmeter reduction is nonexistent.

Gen Kenobi does a group hug on Storm and all 4 toons (DN was Fractured) resist TMR.

Lame
  • Options
    @JohnnySteelAlpha been running that team for quite some time and honestly it holds better than anything else on defence. Offence is a joke and can auto every team on my shard. I modded both Shore and Storm for speed.

@Gaidal_Cain 100% agree that Rex owns Storm and you probably won't win on defence against that team (although you will win sometimes against Jedi and Rebels). On offence I typically will TM swap with DK, he AOE's, Rex throws Tenacity up and then DT dispels it all. From that point your just moping up. Like Johnny said their is value in modding DT for damage over speed. Also works with R2 stealth and if you know your shard you can sequence it so both Rex and R2 blow their specials on nothing.
  • Options
    @Gaidal_Cain I have been having tons of fun with zzThrawn (lead), zVeers, zDT (zeta doesn't matter), shore and snow. I have found this to be the best offensive Empire team. With snow, DT gets another 30% cd. They are also pretty good on defense.

I have a shard mate that swaps veers as leader with thrawn as support and he does really well.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Mega_Man wrote: »
    @Gaidal_Cain I have been having tons of fun with zzThrawn (lead), zVeers, zDT (zeta doesn't matter), shore and snow. I have found this to be the best offensive Empire team. With snow, DT gets another 30% cd. They are also pretty good on defense.

I have a shard mate that swaps veers as leader with thrawn as support and he does really well.

I am mainly running Veers as lead. But I need to swap against zMaul for Thrawn. Not sure which one is more viable in defense. I think Thrawn lead holds better.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The only thing that stinks about Stormtrooper against Rex Lead builds is that tenacity up means Storm's turnmeter reduction is nonexistent.

Gen Kenobi does a group hug on Storm and all 4 toons (DN was Fractured) resist TMR.

Lame

No well if you have Deathtrooper - hold DT's cleanse and wait till Rex puts ten up and then cleanse it - then bring in Storm. Use Shore taunt off the bat - let Rex do his thing, cleanse it - bring in Storm. GK's retribution is good, but here you can use it against him. Just keep hitting GK if he has retribution and Storm with D up and and CD immunity from Shore will be like a tickle from GK's weak basic - but it will very reliably stall the entire enemy team from taking turns. This tactic easily gains me a full round of attacks over my enemy. Don't proc Shore - then when Storm taunt expires, fire up Shore. It's a wonderful taunt tactic.

EDIT: Also, make sure you have fractured DN - now they can't dispel you generally if there's no Chaze. This even works vs. Chaze, you just have to time Storm after Baze has fired off both dispels. DN is fractured under both conditions.
  • Options
    @JohnnySteelAlpha been running that team for quite some time and honestly it holds better than anything else on defence. Offence is a joke and can auto every team on my shard. I modded both Shore and Storm for speed.

@Gaidal_Cain 100% agree that Rex owns Storm and you probably won't win on defence against that team (although you will win sometimes against Jedi and Rebels). On offence I typically will TM swap with DK, he AOE's, Rex throws Tenacity up and then DT dispels it all. From that point your just moping up. Like Johnny said their is value in modding DT for damage over speed. Also works with R2 stealth and if you know your shard you can sequence it so both Rex and R2 blow their specials on nothing.

Yeah I'm seeing that it's even solid on D. Was using Thrawn (l) zVeers, Shore, DT, and DN before and started to slide in the 20s. Now I'm hanging in the top 10 the last few days. Do you have DT zeta'd? Part of it is I think it's just so doggone tanky and slow to defeat. I just maxed DK's g11 plate as well, that last mk6 furnace makes a noticeable difference. Also Omega'd Storm's basic - boy what a skill. Expose on basic. Made a huge difference.

DT gains plenty of attacks and TM from being under Thrawn lead + Shore taunt and also with DK - agree just make him a killing damage machine.
  • Options

Lame

No well if you have Deathtrooper - hold DT's cleanse and wait till Rex puts ten up and then cleanse it - then bring in Storm. Use Shore taunt off the bat - let Rex do his thing, cleanse it - bring in Storm. GK's retribution is good, but here you can use it against him. Just keep hitting GK if he has retribution and Storm with D up and and CD immunity from Shore will be like a tickle from GK's weak basic - but it will very reliably stall the entire enemy team from taking turns. This tactic easily gains me a full round of attacks over my enemy. Don't proc Shore - then when Storm taunt expires, fire up Shore. It's a wonderful taunt tactic.

EDIT: Also, make sure you have fractured DN - now they can't dispel you generally if there's no Chaze. This even works vs. Chaze, you just have to time Storm after Baze has fired off both dispels. DN is fractured under both conditions.

True, I hate fighting the new Rex Squads so much, I usually just Fracture DN and hit auto. Depending on how the battle is going I have to guide the auto.

That's when I noticed this.

The nice thing about having DK in the squad is how much more DT moves. It takes no time at all for his dispel to be ready again.

I think it is literally impossible for that squad to lose to me on defense because of how those 5 toons interact.

6 out of my top 10 right now are Rex-NihiThrawnObiD2.

Its so much Fun! :\
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options

Lame

True, I hate fighting the new Rex Squads so much, I usually just Fracture DN and hit auto. Depending on how the battle is going I have to guide the auto.

That's when I noticed this.

The nice thing about having DK in the squad is how much more DT moves. It takes no time at all for his dispel to be ready again.

I think it is literally impossible for that squad to lose to me on defense because of how those 5 toons interact.

6 out of my top 10 right now are Rex-NihiThrawnObiD2.

Its so much Fun! :\

85% of my shard. It's lame.
  • Options
    Right now I'm running

Tarkin(L)

Krennic

Shore

Thrawn

Death Trooper

Works pretty well for a team with no zetas
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Options
    I'm actually looking forward to these Rebels. Tarkin's Intimidation Tactics can't be resisted by Rebels. Per Krennic's unique, Krennic and DT gain 10% crit damage per Rebel enemy and per debuffed enemy. Potentially a 100% crit damage increase against Rebels. Krennic's Experimental Weaponry inflicts speed down on Rebels. Deathtrooper's basic attacks twice on Rebel enemies with a potential to inflict daze and stun. I say bring it on.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Options
    I'm actually looking forward to these Rebels. Tarkin's Intimidation Tactics can't be resisted by Rebels. Per Krennic's unique, Krennic and DT gain 10% crit damage per Rebel enemy and per debuffed enemy. Potentially a 100% crit damage increase against Rebels. Krennic's Experimental Weaponry inflicts speed down on Rebels. Deathtrooper's basic attacks twice on Rebel enemies with a potential to inflict daze and stun. I say bring it on.

Hell yeah!
  • Options

Just for some warriness: r2 zeta crit on cleanse can possibly happen quite often as luke has that ridiculous +50% crit chance with call to action, Han Solo has basically 100% crit chance, Ahsoka can be immune to debuffs. The saving grace would be Deathtrooper's basic attacks, but for the other crap I'm a bit worried....
  • Options
    So, what's the consensus on best way to counter CLS teams?
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    So, what's the consensus on best way to counter CLS teams?

It's a shame to say... but I think adding R2 into the team for his stealth (to negate counter attacks) is the best solution...

I would probably run no tank (since the value of taunt is greatly diminished with Luke & Han on those teams) and do something like...

Thrawn (L), DT, Nihilus, Krennic & R2

Would be an annoying team to fight for sure...