Replies

• Onark
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Onark wrote: »
    You're right, thanks for clarifying my vagueness @Macattack9
    I have the same team. :)

Nice! How are you liking it? What's defense like for you?
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    SharkMilkk wrote: »
    How does
    Thrawn L
    Krennic/Veers
    DeathTrooper
    Storm trooper
    Shoretrooper
    Team fair on defence? Do you fall very far in the arena? I’m worried everyday will be a constant struggle

I fall to rank 30 with Tarkin.

That's where I land on a good day. Usually drop to 40s-60s
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Options
    ** new Empire meta team

thrawn, SHT, DT, tarkin........

bb8

im not even messing w you guys.

been auto'ing CLS meta comps

it works because thrawn's special maneuver reduces bb-8 Destiny cool down. and bb8 Destiny cool down gives excellent protection recovery

peace out Empire nerds
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Oh kitten! That's sounds fun...I like the tenacity down and daze synergy with DT. I'll have to gear up my bb8 and give it a whirl. I don't trust Tarkin in and a single tank scenario but I'm willing to suspend disbelief.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    How does Death mark perform in raids? Krennic is a better version of the tie pilot in the ranc raid right?
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    How does Death mark perform in raids? Krennic is a better version of the tie pilot in the ranc raid right?

Death Mark in raids is I believe 0.3% damage per hit on main boss, but behaves normally on turrets and minions. Generally you only use Death Mark for minions and turrets, as you get stuck having to attack the boss until it expires. The exception is when Boss is a turn away from enrage, and your wanting to burn it for as much damage as you can in a single turn.

Krennic is better TFP in Rancor, yes.
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Deathmark also increases the TM gain bosses get from taking damage. Each stack of deathmark deals bonus damage per hit so in TMR strategies, rancor or P3 of AAT, you can have many instances of deathmark where each hit is dealing damage several times and gives a ton of TM to the boss.
  • Options
    h3nz wrote: »
    I'm in the last steps of finishing Storm to replace Kenobi, to get the team all Empire and get the nice defense boost. But I'm a bit worried if he really improves the team that much. Kenobis crit immunity helps a lot when Shore is disabled early, but he also goes down very fast sometimes, as he gets focused due to his taunt kicking in, without having crit immunity. It would be nice to hear some feedback from people who have used both, just to know what to expect.

Also against Nihilus, can Storm get his taunt back up again, or one has to hope that Shore is targeted?

Regarding Storms modding, I would assume as much speed as possible with protection and defense?

Also nice to read about Palpatine holding up again with G12!

@h3nz -- As far as Storm's ability to survive without crit immunity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=559_D_KJkHE : Note, Storm is g11, ATF has a zeta, and 7 unique buffs when she whirlwinds.

Storm should be modded for speed and then protection, with defense tertiary. He can get his taunt back because he should spam turns, and under a Thrawn lead, can use the cleanse to reduce his cooldown.

• Options
    ** new Empire meta team

thrawn, SHT, DT, tarkin........

bb8

im not even messing w you guys.

been auto'ing CLS meta comps

it works because thrawn's special maneuver reduces bb-8 Destiny cool down. and bb8 Destiny cool down gives excellent protection recovery

peace out Empire nerds

Well by golly! I like it! I just used this lineup to sail through GW, and my BB-8 is only g9. Thanks for the idea @merioonvalhoun !

Some things I noticed:
    1) With the extra potency from Secret Intel and the Illuminated Desitiny (ID) buffs, Tarkin becomes a powerhouse. With his zeta he's tougher and deals a TON of damage when ID pops. I was easily doing 30K damage across the board with his AOE, and that was against g11/g12 opponents.
    2) The Secret Intel (SI) buffs helped DT land his daze more often.
    3) Frequent SI buffs from BB-8 and especially ID really restore a lot of protection.
    4) Thrawn and BB-8 work great together. Thrawn can swap TM with BB-8, who pretty much always has around 80% TM, so it's a free move to restore BB-8's prot and further reduce the cooldown of ID.
    5) You pretty much always lose your Fracture when you pop ID because of the 80% TM gain. Not always a good thing, but didn't cause me much of a problem either.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    So what do we think of talzin on a darkside team actually allowing our debuffs to stick with plague?
  • Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    So what do we think of talzin on a darkside team actually allowing our debuffs to stick with plague?

I'm wondering how it'll make Deathmark interact with R2's stealth now. If stealth is supposed to wipe it, but Plague keeps it around . . .
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Plague seems to work similarly to shock but it looks like they can complement each other well
  • Options
    Durrun wrote: »

Potentially game changing. I'm not totally sure if plague supports all debuffs landed while plagued or just plague?
  • Options
    Yes it does confirmed by dev in talzin thread
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    "Immune to all allied dispels"
    Also important that ally usually counts self in the equation, meaning self cleansers like savage for example won't be able to cleanse debuffs. (Savage will heal it off but just an example)
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    I'm using Thrawn(L), SnowT, ShT, DT and Tarkin in arena. All gr 12 but ShT (53/100). CLS teams are more or less easy to beat. This weekend, I've replaced Tarkin and put Kenobi instead and this team is really the best that I've run for now. CLS teams are a piece of cake and I can finish the battle with almost full protection on all my toons thanks to Thrawn.

Of course, in defense, I drop but now worth than with Tarkin. Against GK - Bariss, I switch to Tarkin(L), Thrawn, DT, GK, DN.
  • h3nz
    12 posts Member
    Options
    I wanted to report back on Storm:

He is very useful against the rebel setups and makes Shore even more tanky. As I heard from my shardmates it doesn't really matter if I use Storm or Kenobi (with Kenobi faring slightly better). So he is a good, easy to obtain and gear replacement.

In the end I switched back to Kenobi, as against the teams I usually fight Storm wasn't that useful. Most of the teams run CLS, Thrawn and/or Nihilus, so his taunt was almost always gone right away and he only applied an expose here or there.
  • C1pher_Five
    267 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I really hate how impossible it is to farm Shore and Krennic. I really want to use them but they are only 4* and G10.

Should I focus on gear for them? Or start using crystals to farm their shards?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    I really hate how impossible it is to farm Shore and Krennic. I really want to use them but they are only 4* and G10.

Should I focus on gear for them? Or start using crystals to farm their shards?

You could farm Krennic and use ShT. Krennic at low start is not viable imo.Mine is 5* gr 9 for now and has only 2460 Special Damage where at 7* and maxed he has 4446. Since he only uses special damage, it's really important.
  • Options
    I'm using Thrawn(L), SnowT, ShT, DT and Tarkin in arena. All gr 12 but ShT (53/100). CLS teams are more or less easy to beat. This weekend, I've replaced Tarkin and put Kenobi instead and this team is really the best that I've run for now. CLS teams are a piece of cake and I can finish the battle with almost full protection on all my toons thanks to Thrawn.

Of course, in defense, I drop but now worth than with Tarkin. Against GK - Bariss, I switch to Tarkin(L), Thrawn, DT, GK, DN.

Wouldn’t Veers be much better than Kenobi? Especially with his Zeta on a imperial trooper heavy squad
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options

Wouldn’t Veers be much better than Kenobi? Especially with his Zeta on a imperial trooper heavy squad

No, because he's too squishy. I've tried him but he dies quickly, especially when using his AoE. Even with 2 tanks, it happens that they're not taunting (buff immunity from CLS, fracture from Thrawn), so Veers gets the counter attacks and dies.
  • Options
    I have a gear 12 Imperial Trooper squad. I run Veers lead zeta Snowtrooper,Magma,Death,and Storm. I smoke teams in Arena. I am rank 58 the only thing is speed. I don't run Shoretrooper i rather have more damage than another tank. This team is Awesome. You won't regret investing in this faction. I am bout to zeta Stormtrooper. His zeta is a backplan for Arena.
  • Gawejn
    1140 posts Member
    Options
    Today I had fight against this team: Weadge lead, Biggs, Raid Han, Shore and Kenobi. My team is Thrawn lead, Storm, Shore, Death and Palp. Twice I got destroyed. I have no idea what to do. Need some advices. Han was stunning palp and fast wedge was finishing palp with aoe. I couldnt get thru Kenobi and Shore to wiggs. I didnt fight before with this combo.
  • Options
    Replace Palpatine with Krennic (zeta on Deathtrooper), Tarkin (zeta Unique), DN, Tarkin (no zeta) or Krennic (no zeta on DT).

Roughly in that order of preference.
  • Gawejn
    1140 posts Member
    Options
    Replace Palpatine with Krennic (zeta on Deathtrooper), Tarkin (zeta Unique), DN, Tarkin (no zeta) or Krennic (no zeta on DT).

Krennic is not ready, but thanks. Tarkin is not ready. I hoped for some strategy with this team but not advise like put Krennic. This is obvious. But thanks :).
  • Options
    Today I had fight against this team: Weadge lead, Biggs, Raid Han, Shore and Kenobi. My team is Thrawn lead, Storm, Shore, Death and Palp. Twice I got destroyed. I have no idea what to do. Need some advices. Han was stunning palp and fast wedge was finishing palp with aoe. I couldnt get thru Kenobi and Shore to wiggs. I didnt fight before with this combo.

There isn't enough control in your team to deal with that lineup.

Han will be moving like a maniac with Wedge lead and all those crits.

Maybe you could try switching to Palp lead and hope you get a luck stun off the bat? Then you could use EP to shock Kenobi and Shore and use DT to handle Han.
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    Options

A lot depends on turn order in terms of strategy but...

That team doesn't have a dispel and only raid Han has control with his TMR and stun. Being mindful of your taunt cooldowns should help you keep at least one tank going with both defense up and crit immunity. That's your key to winning, managing your tanks.

Palp is going to hurt that team every turn and DT becomes dangerous after that first kill so fracture gk or ShT and shock the other. Then focus down a tank, rinse and repeat.

Your main goal is properly managing Thrawn's special cleanse ability and TM swap to keep your tanks buffed and healthy. As long as one of your tanks has defense up and crit immunity don't be afraid to lob a DT grenade to keep GK cleanse on cooldown. EP's offense up is great too.

Just stay focused and knock out that first tank, the rest should fall in place.
  • Options

Krennic is not ready, but thanks. Tarkin is not ready. I hoped for some strategy with this team but not advise like put Krennic. This is obvious. But thanks :).

Yeah, it's not like I suggested two other alternatives to Krennic.

Another option for the slot is CLS, dirty as that may feel.

Palpatine just doesn't carry weight anymore. He's too squishy and he feeds too much TM to Biggs besides. There's not much you can do strategically because you have a deadweight party slot that is dying before it gets a turn. Of course you're going to lose a 4v5.
  • Options
    There's no better team than this
    20171018_155654.png
    hosting imagenes
  • Gawejn
    1140 posts Member
    Options
    Thx for answers. :) Yes I need Krennic. Palp is too week.