The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    Onark wrote: »
    @DropItLikeItHoth Why GK over ShT?

I'm running zzThrawn, GK, storm, ShT and EP (formerly DT) in GW on auto except against GK zarris teams. Anyone else have an auto GW team they like?

Luke was landing Buff immunity on Shore almost immediately. I had my Shore's speed up to 200 and it felt like he just stood there doing nothing. At least with Kenobi his crit immunity and taunt is passive to activate. Plus, if he does his cleanse my squad usually gets a ton of buffs. My Thrawn only goes once. the added TM from Palps lead and Empire specials means he's in fracture the whole match. It's really DK, DT and Palps doing all the work. Palps is a one hit kill if deathmark is on even with full health.
  • Options
    How does
    Thrawn L
    Krennic/Veers
    DeathTrooper
    Storm trooper
    Shoretrooper
    Team fair on defence? Do you fall very far in the arena? I’m worried everyday will be a constant struggle
  • Options
    YESSS! Got a 7* Grand Admiral, with only 2 tries at the final tier!
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    SharkMilkk wrote: »
    How does
    Thrawn L
    Krennic/Veers
    DeathTrooper
    Storm trooper
    Shoretrooper
    Team fair on defence? Do you fall very far in the arena? I’m worried everyday will be a constant struggle

I fall to rank 30 with Tarkin.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    YESSS! Got a 7* Grand Admiral, with only 2 tries at the final tier!

Gg. Got him also. Now gr 12.

For us, Empire users.

https://youtu.be/34XfTL2TL7U
  • C1pher_Five
    267 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Thanks! I instantly took him to max level, G12, dual Zeta. Currently my troopers are too weak on defense so I'll work on Shore and Storm - until then I'll have to put him into a Rex-lead arena team.
    Post edited by C1pher_Five on
  • Options
    Hey folks,

I come here humbly asking for advice.
    I currently run zzThrawn, Shore, DT, GK and zNihlus. I've been on vacation for 3 weeks (only two battles per day for dailies) and since I'm back I can't hold on defence anymore. I used to fall to #25 on a bad day, now it's #50 on average. Furthermore, I only win about 50 % of the matches against CLS lead with zSolo (who either aims for DT, which is fine, or Thrawn, which almost always means game over). Since I'm not spending money on the game, a place in the top 5 is essential to be able to keep up.
    At the moment my arena team is g11 (all but GK), since I'm hesitant to gear up DS toons with TBs only requiring ls and I'm not sure how if G12 would help with my current team. The mods are quite good (but not godly) with Thrawn at 272 and dt at 232.

Now, my questions are:
    1) Do you think I'd fall much less if I brought them to G12? After todays TB ends, I'll have about 20k of TB currency lying around, so I could get some of them to G12, quickly.
    2) Is the team using Krennic and ST instead of GK and Nihilus much better on defence? How far do those of you that are using it fall in 24 hours? I would have to farm Krennic, gear him and ST (and zeta DT and maybe ST) but I'd be prepared to do that if that means avoiding switching to a ls meta team.
    3) How often do you win against CLS lead with zSolo after Solo stunned Thrawn with his first shot?
    4) AI is horrible with my current team. Is it better with Krennic and ST?

Any other advice will be appreciated as well.
    Here's my swgoh profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/maleliza/

Cheers
    Mal
  • Options
    MalEliza wrote: »

1) Do you think I'd fall much less if I brought them to G12? After todays TB ends, I'll have about 20k of TB currency lying around, so I could get some of them to G12, quickly.

2) Is the team using Krennic and ST instead of GK and Nihilus much better on defence? How far do those of you that are using it fall in 24 hours? I would have to farm Krennic, gear him and ST (and zeta DT and maybe ST) but I'd be prepared to do that if that means avoiding switching to a ls meta team.

I run zzThrawn, GK, DT, ShT and Tarkin and I fall from top 5 to 15-25 after 23 hours. I think in that team you need on G12 at least GK and Thrawn to hold well on defence. I have modded my team differently then you have now. My Shoretrooper is modded for speed (speed 215), GK for max. protection (G12 90k, speed 190), tarkin for speed (230) and DT for max crit. damage and offense (speed 200)
    Against GK (L), zBarris teams I usually replace GK with Nihilus in my team.
    MalEliza wrote: »

3) How often do you win against CLS lead with zSolo after Solo stunned Thrawn with his first shot?

With zzThrawn, GK, DT, ShT and Tarkin I win in 90% times even if Thrawn is stunned.

• Onark
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Currently running zzThrawn, DT, DK, storm and ShT and taking top 3 daily. I don't fall below 25. I rarely lose on offense and it's usually my fault. As far as AI, I think it comes down to mods. Some of my shard mates avoid me but I think it's cause my mods are better.

My GK is g12 and has over 70k protection but dies very quickly compared to ShT and storm who have a significantly smaller life pool. Storm gets and shares a lot of defense with only empire and ShT gives more HP to himself, storm and DT. You end up with a pretty tanky squad at the end.

I think your squad is also missing DPS with those tanks and nihilus. DK puts out some nice damage and mages DT hit really hard. DT zeta is a must if you're gonna run Krennic though because of his squishy he is.

• Options
    i know this has been said before but i hate rebel's with an unbridled fury that is unmatched in the galaxy. this game is not even fun anymore CLS had DESTROYED any and all hope for DS teams period.
  • Options
    212Attack wrote: »
    i know this has been said before but i hate rebel's with an unbridled fury that is unmatched in the galaxy. this game is not even fun anymore CLS had DESTROYED any and all hope for DS teams period.

lol, I get the hatred but full Empire is still very much viable. It's probably the only pure faction that can hold its own against CLS lead garbage.

Well, that and Ewoks but who has them???
  • Gawejn
    1142 posts Member
    Options

lol, I get the hatred but full Empire is still very much viable. It's probably the only pure faction that can hold its own against CLS lead garbage.

Almost noone has Ewoks, but Empire is not so popular. In my shard there is only 2 teams in top 200. I started to build Empire team month ago couse of this discusion couse had enough of Rebels and Empire has a lot of control in fight. So I went from the place where Rebels were destroying my teams in two rounds to fights where my team is standing as a whole for almost all the fights. With team 69 k I can beat zMaul, zQgj, Wiggs, Chirut Baze teams. I have g10 only and I can beat g11, g12 teams. I use zVader(l) palp, shore5*, storm, death trooper5*. I just got Thrawn so soon also CLS will go down.
  • Options
    Gawejn wrote: »

Almost noone has Ewoks, but Empire is not so popular. In my shard there is only 2 teams in top 200. I started to build Empire team month ago couse of this discusion couse had enough of Rebels and Empire has a lot of control in fight. So I went from the place where Rebels were destroying my teams in two rounds to fights where my team is standing as a whole for almost all the fights. With team 69 k I can beat zMaul, zQgj, Wiggs, Chirut Baze teams. I have g10 only and I can beat g11, g12 teams. I use zVader(l) palp, shore5*, storm, death trooper5*. I just got Thrawn so soon also CLS will go down.

Good, good!

Shares the good news of the Empire by dominating in arena :)
  • hS_
    55 posts Member
    Options
    Just have to wait for the next DS prophet to appear. Most likely we dont or will see so may DS teams is cause all the viable characters are behind huge LS team farm and even after all that hard work they are just viable/decent/half good etc. no worth to invest cause you already have uber rebel squad.
  • Gawejn
    1142 posts Member
    Options
    hS_ wrote: »
    Just have to wait for the next DS prophet to appear. Most likely we dont or will see so may DS teams is cause all the viable characters are behind huge LS team farm and even after all that hard work they are just viable/decent/half good etc. no worth to invest cause you already have uber rebel squad.

I think Empire is great in raids, GW, Arena, soon will be Ds TB. So I know it is worthy to invest.
  • Options
    Hi Guys. Anyone considered adding Zeb to Empire arena team? Another daze/stun/stagger toon, which senergises well with DT/Krennic combo and can provide usefull things like Retribution/TenacityUp for team. Also seems like with his Zeta he can perform heavy damage with his second skill.
  • hS_
    55 posts Member
    Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    hS_ wrote: »

I think Empire is great in raids, GW, Arena, soon will be Ds TB. So I know it is worthy to invest.

Worthy or not all my eggs are in DS basket so can't back now :). Ain't all bad there is just very few things where they shine, they can manage.

I am waiting DS TB too, but I have strong feeling devs will screw it up somehow. Like make it half DS, make it alot more easier for LS players, rewards won't be as good as LS or something like that.
  • Options
    Thanks for your advice @melisa and @Onark
    I swapped out G12 GK for G11 Stormtrooper now and the increased survivability is helping a lot. I tested Tarkin instead of Nihilus in GW but he's only G10 and too squishy. I'll work on Krennic, but it'll take some time. Until he's ready, I'll stick with Nihilus as damage dealer.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    No3nvy wrote: »
    Hi Guys. Anyone considered adding Zeb to Empire arena team? Another daze/stun/stagger toon, which senergises well with DT/Krennic combo and can provide usefull things like Retribution/TenacityUp for team. Also seems like with his Zeta he can perform heavy damage with his second skill.

I was thinking of that too. Also CHS will fit in that team. He dazes, heals, revive. Toons to replace will be Tarkin i my line up but I think his kit would be more efficient than Zeb or CHS one. Also the new Smugglers can fit.
  • h3nz
    12 posts Member
    Options
    I also wanted to say hi and repeat that empire is very viable in arena, but unfortunately hard to obtain.
    I run zzThrawn, Krennic, zDT, Shore and Kenobi, all G12 and they hold up very well and can take down everything due to the great utility and ability to control the battle.

I'm in the last steps of finishing Storm to replace Kenobi, to get the team all Empire and get the nice defense boost. But I'm a bit worried if he really improves the team that much. Kenobis crit immunity helps a lot when Shore is disabled early, but he also goes down very fast sometimes, as he gets focused due to his taunt kicking in, without having crit immunity. It would be nice to hear some feedback from people who have used both, just to know what to expect.

Also against Nihilus, can Storm get his taunt back up again, or one has to hope that Shore is targeted?

Regarding Storms modding, I would assume as much speed as possible with protection and defense?

Also nice to read about Palpatine holding up again with G12!
  • Options
    h3nz wrote: »
    I also wanted to say hi and repeat that empire is very viable in arena, but unfortunately hard to obtain.
    I run zzThrawn, Krennic, zDT, Shore and Kenobi, all G12 and they hold up very well and can take down everything due to the great utility and ability to control the battle.

I'm in the last steps of finishing Storm to replace Kenobi, to get the team all Empire and get the nice defense boost. But I'm a bit worried if he really improves the team that much. Kenobis crit immunity helps a lot when Shore is disabled early, but he also goes down very fast sometimes, as he gets focused due to his taunt kicking in, without having crit immunity. It would be nice to hear some feedback from people who have used both, just to know what to expect.

Also against Nihilus, can Storm get his taunt back up again, or one has to hope that Shore is targeted?

Regarding Storms modding, I would assume as much speed as possible with protection and defense?

Storm in my line up is better than GK. I've tried both and GK (5* gr 11) hardly resists a counter from Rebels where Storm laughes (7* gr 12). He's really a plus in an Empire team. I mod him with CC/CD and Circle, Cross protection primary. He's 51k protection at gr 12 with +230% defense.
  • Options
    Most excellent vid, @BulYwif, thanks. :)
  • Options
    h3nz wrote: »

I actually just spent the last 2 weeks experimenting with subbing in GK for Storm and was disappointed with the results... and my GK is G12 while Storm is still G11.

In an all Empire/Trooper squad, Storm > GK in my opinion.
  • Options
    Using the ZzThrawn (L) zDT DK Storm ShT and able to get first daily, I drop around 20ish overnight but have no issues getting first at payout
    https://swgoh.gg/u/thunderdome/
    I'm sticking to empire doesn't matter what meta, I rather swim against the stream then do what everyone else is doing!
    Empire 4 life
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Reporting in...

EP is g12 with a medpac and I was able to reach 32.5k health before his lead. Tried various combos of EP, Thrawn, zarris as a base with rg, ShT, GK, stormtrooper, and DT variations in arena and GW.

Zarris is really hard to keep alive and where I had the most trouble, I couldn't get her over 33k health and I only have her at 6*. The last star would help but she was getting blown out. Not getting the 30% health or the 70% defense from GK lead I think made the difference. I really missed Thrawn's lead cleanse ability too.

RG did make the other empire toons really hard to kill with health and defense up but he didn't help zarris much.

However, I swapped EP for Krennic in my original arena squad and it's pretty awesome setting it on auto and watching them roll in arena. I've modded EP for survivability and he can take some punches. Thrawn always TM swaps with him so lots of turns and he only died once in 6 matches.

I think this comp is stronger than my zzThrawn DT DK ShT and storm team but we'll see how defense looks over the next few days.

• Options
    Reporting in...

I think this comp is stronger than my zzThrawn DT DK ShT and storm team but we'll see how defense looks over the next few days.

So, EP is still there, or you ment Krenic?
    934-111-319
  • Options
    Reporting in...

However, I swapped EP for Krennic in my original arena squad and it's pretty awesome setting it on auto and watching them roll in arena...

Thanks for the update, but what is your current arena squad?
  • Options
    I think he meant that he put EP in for DK. So zzThrawn, DT, EP, ShT and Storm. That's what it looks like from his gg profile anyway.
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    Options
    You're right, thanks for clarifying my vagueness @Macattack9

• Gawejn
    1142 posts Member
    Options
    You're right, thanks for clarifying my vagueness @Macattack9
    I have the same team. :)