The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Thx for answers. :) Yes I need Krennic. Palp is too week.

Ep is not "too weak." I use him as lead or I use him as support under thrawn with great success. The problem is, my ep is g12 with two pieces on him. If you want to use ep effectively, you'll need to get him max gear and he will need the g12 medpack at minimum.

As far as biggs, If you shock him with ep, the shock debuff sticks first, then he takes damage--no tm gains with shock debuff.

If your thrawn is fast enough, try to swap with shore to get that crit immunity on your team early.
  • Options
    @Nebulous whats your full team and are you with it in the top 10 arena payout? Was hesitant to get EP to G12 because I was not sure if he is tanky enough with full G12. What speed does your EP have?
  • Options
    Mevith wrote: »
    @Nebulous whats your full team and are you with it in the top 10 arena payout? Was hesitant to get EP to G12 because I was not sure if he is tanky enough with full G12. What speed does your EP have?

Well, my full team isn't empire. So I purposefully left that out.

I run: ep/thrawn lead, gk, r2 and dn/dt. So I usually use 3 empire. All are g12 except dn (he doesn't really need it).

When I have ep as lead, I use all Health primaries. It's not too hard to get ep up to 42k hp (after 32% lead) + protection. If you do go hp, I think zbarriss can help a ton vs those crit happy rebels. Under thrawn lead, I do all protection primaries and can get up to 68k hp/protection.

I only have +85 speed on ep. The trick is to get everyone else above ep's total hp/protection so thrawn will summon him with GAC. This is pretty much always the opener: opposing han will stun ep. Even humans will do this thinking ep is soft. So, ep will get crit, gk will give crit immunity and ep will get hit a second time for less damage and get stun. Then r2 will stealth everyone. Thrawn will GAC ep (back to full protection and free from stun) and ep will open with aoe stun and under r2 stealth, he can't be countered. Then dn/dt move next and clear stealth or +1 CDs. They are both good.

I take 1st every other day as i have a rl buddy I alternate 1st/2nd with.

If I were to run full empire, id consider ep lead and get shore as healthy as possible. Shore will get 43% health increase while in battle which is a huge return for his heal. So: ep, thrawn, shore, dt +1. I think tarkin has a role under ep as that is a bonus 32% potency and he will move back-to-back with IT and UF. My dt is zeta, but I never found krennic to be strictly better than other empire options.
  • Options
    wow that sounds really good nebulous.

• thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    So i run zDK lead, TFP, zDT, gmt and sht. I got thrawn 7* recently and got him to gx, nearly gxi.

wondering if better to zeta his unique or leader, and swap him for zdk lead. ive tried both in gw (minus zetas on thrawn) and seems benefits to both. thought i could zeta unique now and maybe leader later. but just though id ask to see if anyone had any thoughts?

also wondering whether to swap out gmt or tfp? support vs dps. or even swap in ep et?

Im not sure who to focus on

many thanks
    https://swgoh.gg/u/theepdx/collection/?f=empire
  • AlexanderG
    1930 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The one I'd move out would be TfP and bring in (if you can) Stormtrooper. Zeta on Thrawn lead and Ebb and Flow. Make Thrawn your leader. That seems to be the best current Empire squad.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    thee_pdx wrote: »
    So i run zDK lead, TFP, zDT, gmt and sht. I got thrawn 7* recently and got him to gx, nearly gxi.

wondering if better to zeta his unique or leader, and swap him for zdk lead. ive tried both in gw (minus zetas on thrawn) and seems benefits to both. thought i could zeta unique now and maybe leader later. but just though id ask to see if anyone had any thoughts?

also wondering whether to swap out gmt or tfp? support vs dps. or even swap in ep et?

Im not sure who to focus on

many thanks
    https://swgoh.gg/u/theepdx/collection/?f=empire

Just replace TFP by Thrawn. Zeta Ebb & Flow and then his leadership and then swap the leads. I would keep Tarkin since his debuffs are for now useful in arena.
  • Options
    cool thanks ;)
  • Options
    How fast should shore trooper be? Need him as a taunt
  • Options
    If you have Thrawn fast enough you can use his command to speed him up. I have seen a 200+ one (with god mods).
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Im running similar team. zTarkin TFP zOpress zThrawn and shore. All g11 except thrawn i just got is almost 10. All zetas unique. Dk dt and storm not quite arena ready. I do have g10 vader. I like running tarkin lead because tfp is 222 speed and thrawn is 219 so they virtually always go first under tarkin lead, but is there a change i can make now until the other toons are ready? Im struggling to break back into top 100.

Swgoh.gg/u/ccyril
  • Options
    @SharkMilkk when I run shore, I run him at 225 speed. Also, he gains tm from using his special while thrawn is present and when getting debuffed (under thrawn lead) so he moves quickly.

The problem is, he doesn't give crit immunity as a passive. And I find that to be the reason I prefer gk. If shore is stunned or tm removed by cls, it can be a challenge to stay ahead of the damage from Rebels.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    SharkMilkk wrote: »
    How fast should shore trooper be? Need him as a taunt

Personally i dont worry about speed on my shore. Mine is modded for prot (about 65k). What i do is use thrawns fracture straight out the gate, but on his next move i swap with shore to re-taunt, give them both prot and group heal + crit immunity. This makes them both survive until trawn gets his next fracture.
  • Options
    Awww yiss. First full Rancor solo with Zader, Thrawn, Tarkin, Palatine, Jyn.
  • Options
    Awww yiss. First full Rancor solo with Zader, Thrawn, Tarkin, Palatine, Jyn.

Nice but why'd you have to ruin it with a Rebel???

Krennic, TFP, or Magma could all make a good 5th.

That's assuming your a freak like me and like using only one faction XD
  • Options
    Because I do not have a 7* TFP yet, let alone Krennic. Ugh. DK would be nice to have but cost too much.

Besides, Jyn is THE best anti-Rancor character so it's a no-brainer for me to have her aboard. I wish I could go full empire but gearing them is a massive pain. I took a look at my DS roster for the future TB and it'll need a lot of work. Most of my toons are at 3-4* since whereas I am willing to pay for good stuff, shards are just too expensive.
  • Options
    pinkfloyd wrote: »
    There's no better team than this
    20171018_155654.png
    hosting imagenes

Pretty gold...
    My imperials are waiting on thermal Detonators... Haven't seen any in weeks... ☹️
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Gawejn
    1140 posts Member
    Options
    I want to share my small victory.

I just won in GW against cls (l) leia raid han gk and r2.all g12, leia g11. Took me 20 tries. My team was empire with vader. Thrawn lead storm shore and death. Only death and thrawn g11. Rest g10. My death had no protection. I must say that this rebel team was doing a lot of dmg but han was crazy. Fast, many times took turns. Also First time I saw a counter to two taunting tanks. Empire is very strong team. Again I have proof of this.
  • Options
    I really hope the next empire characters aren't released with this new system
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Options
    I really hope the next empire characters aren't released with this new system

I'm assuming we will get some new empire characters through the dark side tb like cholo and rolo

• Options
  • Options
    Hey,

I run Thrawn L, DK, DT, StormT and Shore. All G12. DT Zeta, Thrawn Zeta L with 276 in speed - fought this setup in GW and found it very hard to beat - but when I use it myself, I just keep falling. What am I missing? Any advice is most welcome. Thanks
  • Options
    DeusNonEst wrote: »
    Hey,

I run Thrawn L, DK, DT, StormT and Shore. All G12. DT Zeta, Thrawn Zeta L with 276 in speed - fought this setup in GW and found it very hard to beat - but when I use it myself, I just keep falling. What am I missing? Any advice is most welcome. Thanks

276 Thrawn is ballin’, but how fast is the rest of your squad? Especially the tanks?
  • Options
    so im working on Storm, but my team is Thrawn lead almost zeta, ZDt DK DN and shore, and i seem to do well amonst the Wiggs and chaze pool. question is is DN worth keeping in there or go for storm once i get him geared right?
  • Options
    Hey,

276 Thrawn is ballin’, but how fast is the rest of your squad? Especially the tanks?

DT 218, DK 221, Storm 225, Shore 221
  • Options
    Hey,

Are you cleansing from Thrawns L? It makes a huge difference believes me.
  • Options
    Hey,

It’s not on O I have problems, it’s on D. Fell to Rank 33 which I haven’t in since I can’t remember. Just trying to figure out why it is so poor on D?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Hey,

It’s not on O I have problems, it’s on D. Fell to Rank 33 which I haven’t in since I can’t remember. Just trying to figure out why it is so poor on D?

In my shard, all the teams are dropping a lot. I can also rank 1 and I usually drop to rank 30 around. CLS teams don't do better because of the huge amounts of CLS teams.
  • Gawejn
    1140 posts Member
    Options
    Hey,

Two reasons, first is this team kit is complicated and ai plays different than player. Second fracture cannot ignore taunt and thrawn is faster than deathtrooper.
  • Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Hey,

Two reasons, first is this team kit is complicated and ai plays different than player. Second fracture cannot ignore taunt and thrawn is faster than deathtrooper.

The usual CLS teams do not have anymore Chaze, or less frequently. GK is the based taunter now. Having Thrawn faster than DT is not a problem here. The problem is that nobody can hold in arena, even the CLS teams don't hold. Also, when you run Empire, you have a big target on the head because of, again, the huge amount of identical teams in arena.