The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    Those look cool @Aero :)

I would like to share that with the Emperor as leader (lvl 63, G8, habilities at 4/5), I just did a full GW clearance. The team preserved protection almost full (except for the emperor) until node 9. At node 11 only lost two (RG and Tarkin). The team comp was Emperor(L), Vader, RG, Snowtrooper and Tarkin. Soo much fun with AoE stun, double runs from Tarkin and Veers and with the Snowtrooper unique, some teams baraly moved. I'll try to record another full run anytime soon.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Because Tarkin gets double moves on his intimidation tactics and Vader gets triple moves if everything works right it ends up reducing the cooldowns enough to be ready next match which allows then to breeze through each node.
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Because Tarkin gets double moves on his intimidation tactics and Vader gets triple moves if everything works right it ends up reducing the cooldowns enough to be ready next match which allows then to breeze through each node.

Exactly. Besides, the Snowtrooper unique ensures some TM to start every match, so we usually can lock out the enemies if Papls get crazy with an openning stun. SO. MUCH. FUN!
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »

Exactly. Besides, the Snowtrooper unique ensures some TM to start every match, so we usually can lock out the enemies if Papls get crazy with an openning stun. SO. MUCH. FUN!

FYI I'm using a level 53 gear 7 unmodded Emperor with that same team and I regularly clear the first 10 nodes without anyone dying.

My node 11 is the crazy one with 4500 power or so that usually takes a few teams to beat, then my node 12 is always the cupcake under geared team.
  • Options

FYI I'm using a level 53 gear 7 unmodded Emperor with that same team and I regularly clear the first 10 nodes without anyone dying.

My node 11 is the crazy one with 4500 power or so that usually takes a few teams to beat, then my node 12 is always the cupcake under geared team.

Cool! I remember you saying a few posts ago about that, and now that I got Palps I could do the same. On a side note, are you using snowtrooper in arena or did you got back to Veers?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options

Cool! I remember you saying a few posts ago about that, and now that I got Palps I could do the same. On a side note, are you using snowtrooper in arena or did you got back to Veers?

I've still been using Snowtrooper but I want to get Veers in. Maybe I'll remove Magmatrooper for Veers.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    I never saw the appeal of magma. So low damage for an attacker
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Here's a question for you guys. Do you like your team to be completely, strictly Empire tagged? Or does lore add in to the equation at all?

Ex: it is canon that the Empire repurposed all the Battle Droids after the war for base defense and patrols. Would you use a B2 on your team? Technically they became Empire Droids/units.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Durrun wrote: »

Strong turn meter removal and both his attacks remove any foresight.

And to M9, I sign strictly with the tags to showcase the Empire in Arena, though you are absolutely correct the Empire assumed controlled of Separatist droids.
  • Options

Strong turn meter removal and both his attacks remove any foresight.

And to M9, I sign strictly with the tags to showcase the Empire in Arena, though you are absolutely correct the Empire assumed controlled of Separatist droids.

I can dig that. At least the Empire has a good amount of heroes to choose from. Ive run my fair share of full synergy teams (all Jedi, all Rebels, all Sith) and my fair share of lore based synergy teams (Dooku, Asajj, B2, Gen Grievous, IG 100 for example)

I like to run lots of teams just to spice things up, at least in GW. Im almost done with my newest one, Empire.

Emperor Palpatine L, Vader, RG, Tarkin, B2 (at least until my Snowtrooper is geared and leveled).

Gotta be lore based synergy teams for me. I cant stand mix and match teams. So ugly, and yet, everywhere. Too bad the game doesn't reward full synergy teams a bit more.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku, Asajj, B2, Grevious, and IG 100 all have the new Separatist tag.
  • Options
    @M9silent you're not the only one! Would be amazing to have fully viable, faction-specific teams top 10 in every shard. Resistance, Sith, Empire, etc. Must be a nightmare to balance ofc, but still something I strive for.
  • Options
    On another note, new pp please like comment favourite rate and subscribe
  • Options
    Dooku, Asajj, B2, Grevious, and IG 100 all have the new Separatist tag.

Yeah, they do now of course. But I ran that team well before the separatist tag was added hahahaha. Nice to know that now they'd work without my justification.

@Snowtrooper Ah, wouldn't that be nice. Only 2 people (including me, so really only 1 other) in the top 200 run full synergy teams. The rest run some mix and match meta teams. It'd be nice to see more full synergy teams around. Itd feel more like a Star Wars game with more full teams. Maybe if the devs rewarded teams more. Small things, that could be useful once they add up.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    I run 4 clones and sun Fac. Clones need taunt and dispel echo dosent cut it for dispel. I'd love to run full synergy clones but it isn't viable now
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I run 4 clones and sun Fac. Clones need taunt and dispel echo dosent cut it for dispel. I'd love to run full synergy clones but it isn't viable now

I ran Rex, Fives, Sarge, Plo Koon, and RG for a long time and regularly got 1st at payout. I imagine Echo could replace Plo Koon for dispel just fine in that team. All clones are missing is a taunt.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    So I went through "Ultimate Star Wars" which is basically an encyclopedia of everything canon in Star Wars (1-6, CW, Rebels, comics/books, but no 7 since it was released before that). It has all the characters in the game besides HK-47 obviously. Even obscure characters like Zambia Wessell.

I made a list in the Clone thread of other clones in the book not in the game with their description, but there's too many Empire affiliates that I'll just list them and you can wiz yourself on how many you know.

Mas Amedda
    Admiral Wullf Yularen
    TIE Fighter Pilot
    Scout Trooper
    Sandtrooper
    Stormtrooper Officer*
    Imperial Combat Driver
    Baron Valon Rudor
    Cumberlayne Aresko
    Myles Grint
    Yogar Lyste
    Agent Kallus
    The Inquisitor
    Maketh Tua**
    Gall Trayvis
    General Tagge
    Admiral Motti
    Admiral Ozzel
    Admiral Piet
    Captain Needa
    Moff Jerjerrod
    Imperial Probe Droid

And that's it.

*Stormtrooper Officer is actually what we generally refer to as Imperial Agent. At least, that's exactly what they look like. It says these guys in the black uniforms and black cap are actually Stormtrooper Officers sans armor.

**Noteworthy as she is the only female on this list
  • Options
    Admiral Yularen! I never saw what happened to him after the Clone Wars. Going to read up on him now. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    So I went through "Ultimate Star Wars" which is basically an encyclopedia of everything canon in Star Wars (1-6, CW, Rebels, comics/books, but no 7 since it was released before that). It has all the characters in the game besides HK-47 obviously. Even obscure characters like Zambia Wessell.

I made a list in the Clone thread of other clones in the book not in the game with their description, but there's too many Empire affiliates that I'll just list them and you can wiz yourself on how many you know.

Mas Amedda
    Admiral Wullf Yularen
    TIE Fighter Pilot
    Scout Trooper
    Sandtrooper
    Stormtrooper Officer*
    Imperial Combat Driver
    Baron Valon Rudor
    Cumberlayne Aresko
    Myles Grint
    Yogar Lyste
    Agent Kallus
    The Inquisitor
    Maketh Tua**
    Gall Trayvis
    General Tagge
    Admiral Motti
    Admiral Ozzel
    Admiral Piet
    Captain Needa
    Moff Jerjerrod
    Imperial Probe Droid

And that's it.

*Stormtrooper Officer is actually what we generally refer to as Imperial Agent. At least, that's exactly what they look like. It says these guys in the black uniforms and black cap are actually Stormtrooper Officers sans armor.

**Noteworthy as she is the only female on this list

A Scout Trooper riding a speeder might be cool.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Admiral Yularen! I never saw what happened to him after the Clone Wars. Going to read up on him now. Thanks for sharing!

According to my book he gets stationed on the Death Star and becomes colonel of the Imperial Security Bureau.

Also of note, Admiral Motti is the one that Vader so famously force chokes in A New Hope.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Also none of the listed characters are any more obscure than General Veers.
  • Options
    Also none of the listed characters are any more obscure than General Veers.

True, but he has a face and a unique name. Scout Trooper is no better than the Red-Shirted member of the Star Trek landing party that always died.
  • Options
    @Aero, Admiral Yularen was stationed on the Death Star shortly before its destruction :( a pity! Really liked him. Lots of sad casualties that day (r/EmpireDidNothingWrong).
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Mas Amedda
    Amedda.png
    Appearances: I, II, CW, III
    Description: Vice Chancellor during the Galactic Republic, his loyalty to Palpatine is rewarded and he is appointed as the Grand Vizier of the Galactic Empire.

Admiral Wullf Yularen
    latest?cb=20111029215424
    Appearances:CW, IV
    Description: A noteworthy admiral during the Clone Wars, he is the Colonel in the Imperial Security Bureau on the Death Star. He also voices the introductions to The Clone Wars episodes.

TIE Fighter Pilot
    star-wars-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-silo-100294.png
    Appearances: Rebels, IV, V, VI
    Description: Elite pilots in the Imperial Navy

Scout Trooper
    star-wars-scout-trooper-sideshow-silo-1001031.png
    Appearances: Rebels, IV, V, VI
    Description: High trained Imperial Stormtroopers with excellent long-range fire and trained for operation of the 74-Z Speeder Bike.

Sandtrooper
    902414-product-silo.png
    Appearances: Rebels, IV
    Description: Stormtroopers equipped for sand. They need special armor because sand is rough and it gets everywhere.

Stormtrooper Officer
    ebcfccd91033b1db7f767a7cddf4a636.jpg
    Appearances: IV
    Description: Outside of combat and security details, these promoted Stormtroopers wear distinctive black caps, boots, and dress tunics.

Imperial Combat Driver
    AT-DP_Pilot.png
    Appearances: Rebels, V
    Description: Combat drivers receive advanced training and are responsible for piloting all Imperial ground vehicles from speeder bikes to armored transports such as the AT-AT.

Baron Valon Rudor
    image_d2970dc9.jpeg
    Appearances: Rebels
    Description: Code name LS-607, Rudor is a highly decorated TIE Pilot stationed on Lothal.

Cumberlayne Aresko
    CumberlayneAresko.jpg
    Description: Military manager on Lothal who oversees the Imperial Academy

Myles Grint
    Myles_Grint.png
    Description: Military manager on Lothal who acts as the brute intimidation for Aresko.

Yogar Lyste
    Yogar_Lyste.png
    Description: Young Imperial Officer in charge of imports and exports on Lothal.

Agent Kallus
    tumblr_inline_nqhniv050i1s895p5_500.png
    Description: Code name ISB-021, a member of Admiral Yularen's Imperial Security Bureau tasked with monitoring loyalty and stamping out dissent.

The Inquisitor
    The_Inquisitor_full_body.jpg
    Description: Force sensative individuals instructed by Vader to purge any remaining Jedi.

Maketh Tua
    Maketh-Tua-portrait.png
    Description: Honor graduate from the Imperial Academy, she runs the government on Lothal.

Gall Trayvis
    GallTrayvis.png
    Appearances: Rebels (last one I swear)
    Description: Imperial double agent on Lothal

General Tagge
    GenCassioTagge-ANH.png
    Description: Chief of military operations on the Death Star, he urges the Empire to show cautious respect for the Rebels.

Admiral Motti
    0416-admiral-motti-2.jpg
    Description: Commands Star Destroyer Steel Talon and serves on the Death Star under Tarkin,he challenges Vader on his practice of the force and is punished for it.

Admiral Ozzel
    Ozzel_croaks.jpg
    Appearances: V
    Description: Admiral of Vader's flagship Star Destroyer the Executor, he is executed by Vader for giving away the Empire's presence near Hoth.

Admiral Piet
    Ozzel_croaks.jpg
    Appearances: V, VI
    Description: Promoted personally by Vader to command his flagship, he remains in charge until the defeat at Endor.

Captain Needa
    Commander_nemet.png
    Appearances: V
    Description: Commanding officer of the Star Destoyer Avenger, he is executed by Vader when he loses the Millennium Falcon in an asteroid field.

Moff Jerjerrod
    Jerjerrod-hd.jpg
    Appearances: VI
    Description: Oversees construction of the second Death Star, he is the equivalent of Grand Moff Tarkin.

Imperial Probe Droid
    Probe_Droid_SWB.png
    Appearances: V, VI
    Description: Also known as Probot, this droid is used to track down enemies of the Empire throughout the galaxy.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Nice write up @Aero
  • Options
    Nice! Specially sand trooper description lol
  • Options
    Empire players, please some advise. I'm running Palatine as leader, but I lack the speed I was used to with Tarkin. Does Palatine still shine without being Leader? Did you guys experimented it with Tarkin as leader? I am using EP(L), Vader, Tarkin, RG and Rey until Snowtrooper get to gear X. Vader is a beast with Palatine lead, so it is a tough decision.

Also, what mods you find usefull to him. I am building only health sets but I have good protection and potency primaries. Tips?
  • Options
    My shard has turned into a lot of people running Emperor Lead. Which as a clone user I love. Rex brings Emp Vader combo to a screeching halt. I'm working up my Emp team and they are almost arena rdy. What is the counter to Rex. Sun Fac maybe, but lots of people don't have him. What do you guys think.
  • Options
    My shard has turned into a lot of people running Emperor Lead. Which as a clone user I love. Rex brings Emp Vader combo to a screeching halt. I'm working up my Emp team and they are almost arena rdy. What is the counter to Rex. Sun Fac maybe, but lots of people don't have him. What do you guys think.

Try B2 if you have him. A mass dispel with buff immunity brings Rex teams and multi taunt teams to a screeching halt.
  • Iffy
    55 posts Member
    Options
    Empire players, please some advise. I'm running Palatine as leader, but I lack the speed I was used to with Tarkin. Does Palatine still shine without being Leader? Did you guys experimented it with Tarkin as leader? I am using EP(L), Vader, Tarkin, RG and Rey until Snowtrooper get to gear X. Vader is a beast with Palatine lead, so it is a tough decision.

Also, what mods you find usefull to him. I am building only health sets but I have good protection and potency primaries. Tips?

IMO I'd say he's still good as a non leader because of his ability to stun the whole team, give offense up, and inflicting shock debuffs to tanks. I haven't tried him with Tarkin as a leader but, if you can make your Palpatine outspeed the enemy team that initial stun is really disruptive if it stuns the right people.

As for mods, I like Speed + Crit Chance (with speed primary on slot 2, crit damage on slot 4, and the rest with protection primaries if possible) Palpatine does some nice damage when his basic and unique crits.