The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Iffy
    55 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Ok I'm going to have some fun right now. As much as I love the royalty of the Empire, I want to try looking at the military side of things.

General Veers
    Imperial Assault Commander additions
    Option A: When an imperial trooper uses a primary attack, call another imperial trooper to assist.
    Option B: When an imperial trooper is defeated, all other imperial troopers counter.

Stormtrooper
    Wall of Stormtroopers rework
    Option A: When an Empire ally other than Stormtrooper is defeated, a Stormtrooper is spawned with 15% health.
    Option B: When Stormtrooper is defeated, a Stormtrooper with 15% health is spawned in each vacant spot. This ability does not apply to these Stormtroopers.

Scout Trooper
    Imperial Reconnaissance: Deal physical damage to the enemy. This attack can target stealthed enemies. If the target is stealthed, remove stealth. If target is not stealthed, inflict evasion down.
    Imperial Sharpshooters: Deal physical damage and call a random ally to assist. If the assisting ally is Empire, both attacks deal 75% more damage. (Direct rip from Fives)
    Speeder Bike: Grant all allies speed up and grant 50% turn meter to all allies with less than 50% turn meter.

Shadow Trooper
    Shadow Ops: Deal physical damage with a chance to apply stealth for 1 turn.
    Assassination: Deal special damage to the target and inflict expose. If stealthed, attack again.
    In the shadows: When Shadow Trooper is stealthed he avoids all AOE damage.

Shock Trooper
    T-21 Heavy Blaster: Deal physical damage to the target with a 10% chance to reset all cooldowns for each debuff on the target.
    Smart Rocket: Deal special damage to all targets and inflict health down.
    Homing Rocket: Deal unavoidable special damage. If the target is taunting, dispel taunt.

Give me some feedback. I've done this before with these characters and this time I'm trying it differently. Too strong? Too weak? Just bad ideas?

Aero wrote: »
    Ok I'm going to have some fun right now. As much as I love the royalty of the Empire, I want to try looking at the military side of things.

General Veers
    Imperial Assault Commander additions
    Option A: When an imperial trooper uses a primary attack, call another imperial trooper to assist.
    Option B: When an imperial trooper is defeated, all other imperial troopers counter.

Stormtrooper
    Wall of Stormtroopers rework
    Option A: When an Empire ally other than Stormtrooper is defeated, a Stormtrooper is spawned with 15% health.
    Option B: When Stormtrooper is defeated, a Stormtrooper with 15% health is spawned in each vacant spot. This ability does not apply to these Stormtroopers.

Scout Trooper
    Imperial Reconnaissance: Deal physical damage to the enemy. This attack can target stealthed enemies. If the target is stealthed, remove stealth. If target is not stealthed, inflict evasion down.
    Imperial Sharpshooters: Deal physical damage and call a random ally to assist. If the assisting ally is Empire, both attacks deal 75% more damage. (Direct rip from Fives)
    Speeder Bike: Grant all allies speed up and grant 50% turn meter to all allies with less than 50% turn meter.

Shadow Trooper
    Shadow Ops: Deal physical damage with a chance to apply stealth for 1 turn.
    Assassination: Deal special damage to the target and inflict expose. If stealthed, attack again.
    In the shadows: When Shadow Trooper is stealthed he avoids all AOE damage.

Shock Trooper
    T-21 Heavy Blaster: Deal physical damage to the target with a 10% chance to reset all cooldowns for each debuff on the target.
    Smart Rocket: Deal special damage to all targets and inflict health down.
    Homing Rocket: Deal unavoidable special damage. If the target is taunting, dispel taunt.

Give me some feedback. I've done this before with these characters and this time I'm trying it differently. Too strong? Too weak? Just bad ideas?

I like the ideas, especially option A for Veers and Stormtrooper. I'd like to see your idea for Scout and Shock Trooper be implemented in this game.
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I've been wondering if a Tarkin lead might not be better than a Palpatine lead, at least sometimes. Palpatine would be at 150 base speed then, before mods. That's pretty fast. Sure, he has a really ridiculously powerful leader ability, I wont deny it. But there is a guy on my server running Wedge L, Lando, Anakin, ST Han, Poe. His Poe has 99 speed, bringing Poe to 242 speed. Poe goes first, setting everyone back. ST Han makes his move pushing the rest forward.

With a Tarkin L, and equal mods of course, no one on that team would go before Palpatine, meaning he could open up with his AOE stun and lock the team down. It would also help make Rex a non threat, as Palpatine woukd be much faster and could stun him, keeping his tenacity up from being used.

Just a thought. What do you guys think?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I think Empire needs a dispel, but besides that I don't know. Need to figure out what the max potential speed of Rex is and then see if we can get Emperor to beat it.

When not worried about Rex, speed is a non issue. Empire won't go first but gets 32% more health to deal with getting hit first. Then Vader gets 2 turns in a row, Tarkin gets 2 turns in a row, and Emperor and Veers nearly will as well.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    If it helps my Rex has 190 speed and has no speed set bonus. But it's unlikely you'll see any more than that since a fast Rex is a squishy Rex. My best guess of some crazy guys speed demon Rex is about 210 with fantastic mods
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    So to beat your Rex you still need 41 speed from mods and to beat the ultra speed Rex you need 61. My Tarkin is getting 48 speed from mods with no speed set, so I guess it's possible.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Also if you weren't aware on defense Rex will hold his Squad Discipline until there is a debuff to purge. He won't use it preemptively. It's an oversight is clone guys are trying to get fixed lol but on defense don't worry bout rex opening with that. He'lol use his special
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    Also if you weren't aware on defense Rex will hold his Squad Discipline until there is a debuff to purge. He won't use it preemptively. It's an oversight is clone guys are trying to get fixed lol but on defense don't worry bout rex opening with that. He'lol use his special

I'm well aware, I was figuring we were planning for Emperor on defense. On offense speed is no threat.
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @Aero max Rex speed is 140 before mods. Tarkin L Palpatine out speeds him at 150

With equal speed mods, a Tarkin L Empire team, with Palpatine, could shut him down even on defense. Palpatine opens up with his AOE stun and can stun Rex along with others
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    M9silent wrote: »
    @Aero max Rex speed is 140 before mods. Tarkin L Palpatine out speeds him at 150

Great! Then there is only two things left to consider.

1) Hope there's never a clone speed leader
    2) Make sure Palpatine is the fastest on your team. If someone else goes first and lands a crit that could propel Rex to go ahead.

Edit: And I guess a third thing to consider is faster characters that give turn meter.

Edit 2: Even if you have Plo Koon with a QGJ lead he maxes at 139 speed before mods. QGJ could try to remove turn meter I guess to let Rex go before Palpatine, and with Tarkin as leader QGJ would still have the potency to do it.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    So there ya go then. I got a feeling the reign of palpiturd has begun
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    So there ya go then. I got a feeling the reign of palpiturd has begun

As I just realized, QGJ lead will make him faster and he can remove turn meter from EP (and still have the potency because EP isn't the leader).

So I mean ultimately I'm just going to say stick with Emperor as leader, there will always be a way to counter everything regardless. The one thing that will ever give you decent win chances on defense is still dodge.
  • Options
    @Aero QGJ max speed is 145. He would have to be leader for him to be faster than a Tarkin L Emperor, and no one does that anymore. If they were to switch their team to that, they'd be such easy pickings for anyone else. On my server (Dec 1st), no one changes teams per fight because it's not worth it. If you change tk beat one guy, you get attacked a bunch unless you spend crystals to refresh your timer and change your team. Even then you risk being attacked.

I think that a Tarkin L, Emperor Palpatine, Vader, RG, hero, will be one of the best possible combinations.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    mvDGNRs.png

I did this fight in arena my ewok team VS this empire team. It was a super fun fight. I was just happy not to fight another Rey squad again

I must say palpatine is good but so slow. He needs a speed boost
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    If he was fast it'd be the only team
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    @Aero
    Rex gettin faster, got lucky

image_zpsg6ahioyk.png
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I still hate mods. The old days were better
  • Options
    I'm working on my empire team really I just need credits to level my snow trooper and tarkin. Have palpatine at 7*. I'm like 10 shards from 6* Vader but for now I'll just have to be satisfied with my real life Vader costume scaring my kids.
  • Options
    Revenant wrote: »
    I'm working on my empire team really I just need credits to level my snow trooper and tarkin. Have palpatine at 7*. I'm like 10 shards from 6* Vader but for now I'll just have to be satisfied with my real life Vader costume scaring my kids.

7* Vader is good but a real world costume of Vader to play with your kids is priceless! Jealous :D as I also have two mini-star wars fans at home.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Options
    IDobaFett wrote: »
    Trivia question (no answers from EBB members): What is Aero's in-game name?
    I know you guys have been holding onto your seats in anticipation for the answer. You know he likes The Empire and has been calling for an Emperor event since forever (since the first or second Grand Master Training event). He has kept the Aero part since Day 1, but when we were first able to change names after the guild update, he changed the piece before Aero.
    He is now known as _______Aero.
  • Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Revenant wrote: »

7* Vader is good but a real world costume of Vader to play with your kids is priceless! Jealous :D as I also have two mini-star wars fans at home.

Best part is my 4 year old daughter wanted a SW birthday. She was Rey and I dressed up in my DV costume and all the kids beat on me. And unlike the edited movies I didn't say "No.. Noooo .... Noooo"
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Trivia question (no answers from EBB members): What is Aero's in-game name?
    I know you guys have been holding onto your seats in anticipation for the answer. You know he likes The Empire and has been calling for an Emperor event since forever (since the first or second Grand Master Training event). He has kept the Aero part since Day 1, but when we were first able to change names after the guild update, he changed the piece before Aero.
    He is now known as _______Aero.

Since this is going slowly,

Screenshot_20160822-150807.png
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Added :)
  • Options
    @Aero
    Rex gettin faster, got lucky

image_zpsg6ahioyk.png

I hate you. LOL!!!
  • Options
    Why not just change the Stormtrooper's special ability to 'Empire allies gain 100% turn meter'.

Seems balanced to me.
  • Nukin
    415 posts Member
    Options
    After hundred of tries RNG jesus had mercy on my swore hands. I completed the final tier of the emperor event tonight with the following team. No ackbar made it complete hell.

http://imgur.com/a/oabfI
  • Options
    NukinFTW wrote: »
    After hundred of tries RNG jesus had mercy on my swore hands. I completed the final tier of the emperor event tonight with the following team. No ackbar made it complete hell.

Wow, and no Lando.

You better shine up that horseshoe and mount it on the wall!
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    @NukinFTW I accidentally rejected your request thinking you were a random guy that beat me in Arena
  • Nukin
    415 posts Member
    Options
    NukinFTW wrote: »

Wow, and no Lando.

You better shine up that horseshoe and mount it on the wall!

Ya no Lando either lol. I was really stubborn..I really wanted that emperor!!
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    500.png
    latest?cb=20111019133919

These two were brought up in a different thread, very much love them both.

Top is AT-AT pilot and bottom is Imperial Engineer