The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    A reminder our discord link is on the first post of this thread.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    KP67s wrote: »
    Just out of curiousity, has anyone who has all the troopers geared up tried Veers, DT, Snow and Shore under a Boba lead? Troopers would have +25 CC and +70 CD. I'd love to see what kind of damage snow trooper does in this setup.

I'm doing runs in GW with Krennic as lead and Veers, DT, Shore and Snow. Between Krennic and Veers, you get 40% extra crit (which means easy ability blocks once you get a few debuffs off), good additional potency, and, if Zeta'd, a consistent 10% protection regain (20% if you kill an opposing character). In addition to the offense up, TM gains, etc once you kill one opponent, they're a train that just doesn't stop.

Total beast, but only a Zaul team stood in my way from a full GW finish (for obvious reasons, I support an Imperial cleanser...)

@BradGoodyear any chance of joining this Empire discord? Been a big Empire fan and I'm glad they're getting stronger (FINALLY).

I thought I read Krennics lead was broken, that must not be true? I mixed my GW squad a little today and went with Krennic but as a non-lead with DT, theyre a fun combo.
  • Options
    @KP67s like Aero said, he has the link on the very first post of this thread. Go back to page 1 and its there.
  • Options
    My team is just SO SLOW right now.... I need better mods
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I just switched back to First Order. Troopers are fun but really struggle against a lot of teams.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    I just switched back to First Order. Troopers are fun but really struggle against a lot of teams.

:(
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »

Today i went through 12 attacks and lost 7. This is pretty much how it's been. Switched back to First Order for my final 3 of the day for easy wins.

If Troopers have any role in Arena, it is definitely not as a full squad.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options

Today i went through 12 attacks and lost 7. This is pretty much how it's been. Switched back to First Order for my final 3 of the day for easy wins.

If Troopers have any role in Arena, it is definitely not as a full squad.

One of my guild mates has been testing for the last few days and he came to the same conclusion. He basically commented he's not sure about MT's role in the squad. His TM down is only good every 4 turns and his unique wasn't as good as it sounds. He kind of feels that a more ideal squad for arena would be something like, Veers, DT, Snow, GK, and possibly Storm. He also commented that only having that one dispel every 4 turns could be a problem at times and they really need another. But Snow is hitting huge for him, so he's most likely a keeper in the squad. He's going to keep messing around with it. We threw around the idea of Vader lead, Veers, Snow, DT, GK, think he's going to mess around with it.
  • Thor_Odinson1
    1995 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    So with the new update notes we have a hint at an "ambitious, ruthless proponent of military power."

Anyone else think it could be Thrawn?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    So with the new update notes we have a hint at an "ambitious, ruthless proponent of military power."

It says "sees a change" so I'm thinking rework. Maybe Tarkin or Grevious.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

Tarkin popped immediately into my mind.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

It is Tarkin.

An ambitious, ruthless proponent of military power
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/6a2q01/an_ambitious_ruthless_proponent_of_military_power/
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

It is Tarkin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/6a2q01/an_ambitious_ruthless_proponent_of_military_power/

Well hell. You wanted veers and I wanted tarkin. We both get our desires. I'm glad I've stuck with the executrix and made him g11.
  • Options

It is Tarkin.

Well hell. You wanted veers and I wanted tarkin. We both get our desires. I'm glad I've stuck with the executrix and made him g11.

I'm in the same spot. Mine is G11 as well, although I did that before ships came out.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options

It is Tarkin.

Excited about Tarkin rework too. Give empire a cleanser for the love of the Emperor!
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Options

It is Tarkin.

Excited about Tarkin rework too. Give empire a cleanser for the love of the Emperor!

That's really all the Empire needs to become a complete faction.
  • Options
    Might be more speed and tm removal as well. I just thought 2nd fan fav would be Thrawn and then empire would be done. So it's really cool that they are reworking Tarkin.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I am wrong. His lead is 7 not his unique. We may see a zeta
  • Options
    Might be more speed and tm removal as well. I just thought 2nd fan fav would be Thrawn and then empire would be done. So it's really cool that they are reworking Tarkin.

I don't think we will see a zeta to his lead, but a rework for it is almost certain. It's so bland. Additionally, we all want Thrawn still.
    Yes. Always want thrawn lol. Interested to see if this is next months login or just going to happen through an update.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

I don't think we will see a zeta to his lead, but a rework for it is almost certain. It's so bland. Additionally, we all want Thrawn still.
    Yes. Always want thrawn lol. Interested to see if this is next months login or just going to happen through an update.

I was actually wrong. His lead is 7. I thought it was his special. We probably will see it zeta.
    Post edited by Nebulous on
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    For a Tarkin zeta, it'd be great if it was a cleanse of some sort. Possibly have Empire allies cleanse themselves if x happens, while under Tarkin lead. Similar to R2 having LS characters cleanse themselves on crits.
  • Options
    Hopefully they make tarkin good enough that the empire can be a formidable arena team. The sith got months of meta with just Maul really. Empire keeps getting these pretend band-aids, but nothing serious enough to mean anything. The empire deserves something game changing along the lines of Wiggs or Chaze etc.
  • Options
    After DT and a broken Krennic, after some underwhelming Saxon and ISC, and finally after the disapointing troopers reworks I hope that at least Tarkin will make Empire arena worthy because frankly I think this will be the last shot that we get for a long time from now on.

What really frustrates me is that they didn't have any trouble making rebels meta either with Wiggs reworks, R1 rebels aditions or now R2, but time and time again they dissapointed empire fans.
  • Options
    After DT and a broken Krennic, after some underwhelming Saxon and ISC, and finally after the disapointing troopers reworks I hope that at least Tarkin will make Empire arena worthy because frankly I think this will be the last shot that we get for a long time from now on.

What really frustrates me is that they didn't have any trouble making rebels meta either with Wiggs reworks, R1 rebels aditions or now R2, but time and time again they dissapointed empire fans.

It's Disney ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Well I'm being a bit wishy washy. Just moved mods right back to troopers and using them in Arena again. Figure i can settle with top 50.

Anyone who has a geared Krennic, let me know how it goes now.
  • Options
    I'm very competitive with Krennic and DT led by Palp.
    Well I'm being a bit wishy washy. Just moved mods right back to troopers and using them in Arena again. Figure i can settle with top 50.

Anyone who has a geared Krennic, let me know how it goes now.

• aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    Options
    Has anyone had success with Veers or Zeta Veers in Arena ?

I am considering a new Empire team :
    EP
    Zeta Veers
    Shore
    DT
    Magma
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    so has anyone tried out a zStormtrooper yet? would love some feed back on the dmg bump when you start to loose empire toons.....
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    Taramel wrote: »
    so has anyone tried out a zStormtrooper yet? would love some feed back on the dmg bump when you start to loose empire toons.....

Not sure if you saw any of my comments from my guildmates feedback. First, what's your goal with the squad? If you want it for HAAT, GW, or FUN in arena, then go for it. Run Veers, Snow, DT, Shore, and Storm; they seem to be better without Magma. If you want it for competitive arena, this is not your squad. He has tried so many permutations of a Veers squad and cannot deal with the better Maul squads. He has awesome mods too, so that's not even the issue. The stealthing, lack of a frequent dispel, lack of cleanse, are just too much. If you get stuck chipping away at Sith Trooper or Baze, it's pretty much over.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    @Darth_Jay77 not really looking for anything in particular just wondering how good it is... I have been stubborn and running Veers lead , Snow , DT, shore and swapping the last spot with magma, DK or B2 as needed... I can hit top 20 easy sometims into the teens but zaul as we all know is just not winnable with this team :smile: