The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Taramel wrote: »
    @Aero since you are a much smarter man than I what will shoretrooper EHP with stormtrooper in the squad be?

So if I want to be exact, my Shoretrooper has 88,780 HP 35.18% armor. That gives him 136,963 EHP.

With 30% extra defense, according to this calculator linked below, his armor becomes 40.45%. That means he then has 149,085 EHP.

This means, at least for my Shoretrooper, pairing him with Stormtrooper makes him 8.85% bulkier.

http://realityskewedgamers.blogspot.com.br/2016/09/defense-and-armor-calculator-version-2.html?m=1
  • Options
    I lookforward to actually using the new troopers in gameplay rather than theorycrafting. I just can't decide which ones I want to gear yet.
    518 posts Member
    Options
    @Aero since you are a much smarter man than I what will shoretrooper EHP with stormtrooper in the squad be?

I don't know what it will be but I'll be honest, having a taunt with no better health will not make him a great taunt. They wanted to do a STH in a better way but it's not that great. The Zeta is not really helpful, you can hit hard only if people die but you're the taunter so you're supposed to be the one who died first...
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Guest wrote: »

I don't know what it will be but I'll be honest, having a taunt with no better health will not make him a great taunt. They wanted to do a STH in a better way but it's not that great. The Zeta is not really helpful, you can hit hard only if people die but you're the taunter so you're supposed to be the one who died first...

Let's be real, how often do you dispel a taunt and then promptly ignore the character?
    518 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »

Let's be real, how often do you dispel a taunt and then promptly ignore the character?

Yes but many squad don't. I know DN will do it naturally because of his basic. Otherwise, how often AI do it on offense ?
    But I understand your point, you want to go on another chars and leave the tank as the last chars, but with pre-taunter you can be surprised by the fact the taunt after it, such as Shore. When you run DN that's not a problem you just have to wait for him, but when it's with other chars, you might have already use it.
  • Options

Almost always? Most times you remove taunt so you can target someone else.
  • TheDarthKnight
    180 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Yes but many squad don't. I know DN will do it naturally because of his basic. Otherwise, how often AI do it on offense ?
    But I understand your point, you want to go on another chars and leave the tank as the last chars, but with pre-taunter you can be surprised by the fact the taunt after it, such as Shore. When you run DN that's not a problem you just have to wait for him, but when it's with other chars, you might have already use it.

Ah, but you forget most Sith are MUCH faster than DN and each attack will also lower DN turn meter which means it'll be a while before he dispels(referring to Stormtrooper)
    Post edited by TheDarthKnight on
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options

Almost always? Most times you remove taunt so you can target someone else.

The only time I can think were you wouldn't is when GK is there and you want to get rid of him so you can work on somebody else. But otherwise, I don't want to sit there and focus down Baze or Sith Trooper with all the Protection they have. Get rid of the taunt so you can turn on somebody else, especially if you have DN and Annihilate is coming of CD.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    Anybody notice if there stats were changed at all? Troopers I mean... I just checked SWGOH.GG to see, but it doesn't look like the updates have made it yet.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    Anybody notice if there stats were changed at all? Troopers I mean... I just checked SWGOH.GG to see, but it doesn't look like the updates have made it yet.

Most of the update isn't live yet... check back after the forced update tomorrow or Wednesday
  • Mega_Man
    88 posts Member
    Options
    I now have a zeta Veers. Went ahead and upgraded today. I can't wait to use him!
  • Iffy
    55 posts Member
    Options
    ^Congrats on the zeta.

Iffy wrote: »
    ^Maybe try substituting TFP for Storm vs zMaul teams, and keep TFP for general teams. Having another tank would definitely help keep Palp alive a bit longer for him to shock and stun people. TFP's basic bug is just a huge detriment vs zMaul teams, it's a shame because his damage is so good.

I'd love to have Scout or Sand, when the update hits I think I might stick with TFP in there and do something like Veers(L),Shore, MT, DT, and TFP

If Snow's AOE damage is significantly better it could help out with finishing off people in stealth or hiding behind tanks, though critting the Maul/Rex teams might not be so good since you're giving them free TM.

I think a dual tank team with Shore and Storm could be solid if the extra 200% defense + DEF UP buff turns Storm into a durable wall. If Shore loses taunt, Storm can try to take the heat from the opponent while reducing their TM until Shore can taunt again. He'll also provides a 4th buff for Shore so his Regroup will be off cooldown if he gets dispelled.

Maybe something like Veers(L), Shore, Storm, DT, and MT might work, I might try gearing Storm and see how it goes, hopefully I will not regret it.

@Aero Looks like you were right, Tie Pilot didn't get a trooper tag.
    Stormtrooper zeta! In NOLA can't theory craft right now. Look forward to all the reading here tomorrow.

Stormtrooper gains 40% Offense for each defeated Empire ally

His Zeta seems really interesting and could be a lot of fun, though I'm not sure if the additional defense will help him survive long enough since his protection stat is pretty low.

He taunts for 3 turns. And not very tanky. I think the only way this works is if you run him with shore and rg probably.

I think I'll give that a try if I put the zeta into Stormtrooper. Thanks!

If you run Veers, Shore, RG you'll never kill anybody. No reason for triple tank here.

Hmm, yeah that's true, how would you build a zStorm team if you were to try him?

Honestly I think he pairs better with a Vader lead squad. Hes slow so Vader will have takn his turn and he'd be able to have more TMR with his taunt. I just dont see a lot of value in Veers and the troopers help each other just fine.

I see, thank you for the insight.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Options
    Well, here is a video of maxed plus zeta reworked Veers and troppers squad.

A bit let down, they can't beat zaul, rex+chaze nor even vader squad at arena. I would say they look like FO team, on offense with good rng u can defeat some, but it's far from changing the meta.

Maybe with some mix of krennic or vader lead the squad can work better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK5UkHGpZMw
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Well, here is a video of maxed plus zeta reworked Veers and troppers squad.

A bit let down, they can't beat zaul, rex+chaze nor even vader squad at arena. I would say they look like FO team, on offense with good rng u can defeat some, but it's far from changing the meta.

Maybe with some mix of krennic or vader lead the squad can work better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK5UkHGpZMw

First Order can beat any team though, even Maul and the Rex-GK-Chaze teams are super easy.
  • Options
    Dude, that's a ton of damage
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • BeWary
    368 posts Member
    Options
    Dude, that's a ton of damage

Yeah, especially from Snowtrooper! Magmatrooper still seemed a bit underwhelming with his basic though, but I guess his value is in his AOE.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    finally the TFP basic attack bug is getting fixed..... CG just confirmed in the bug section.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    The team does pretty well against Rex, but struggles against Maul. After a few matches, I've noticed that if Veers dies early you are pretty screwed, so a double taunt to protect him is needed. Stormtrooper is quite tanky now so that's great. Death Trooper is the only dispel, so he is also needed.

So who gets cut, Magma or Snow?
  • Options
    The team does pretty well against Rex, but struggles against Maul. After a few matches, I've noticed that if Veers dies early you are pretty screwed, so a double taunt to protect him is needed. Stormtrooper is quite tanky now so that's great. Death Trooper is the only dispel, so he is also needed.

I'm kinda thinking magma. Snow just does SO MUCH DAMAGE with his lando esque aoe
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    Options
    Guys I have a question regarding DT. I'm level 80, running ep(l), Vader, tfp, shore and B2. I'm wondering if DT would replace B2, but I have him at 3 stars g9 he hits soft. Does anyone know if he's good at low stars? I don't want to waste a very needed gear on him
  • Options
    zhtd17 wrote: »
    Guys I have a question regarding DT. I'm level 80, running ep(l), Vader, tfp, shore and B2. I'm wondering if DT would replace B2, but I have him at 3 stars g9 he hits soft. Does anyone know if he's good at low stars? I don't want to waste a very needed gear on him

You need to try and keep farming his stars, and get him to G10. B2 is great because he gets a turn all the time, so you can use his aoe dispel a lot, and he is pretty tanky. DT has a great dispel aoe as well, and his damage is much better on basic, as well as his daze, then stun, works well on rebels. I think DT certainly has a place on that team. So when DT does his AOE, like ep, tfp, and vader he will go again with ep lead. That allows for a crucial daze. So yes, if you get DT up just a little more, G10 is more important than his stars, he will be viable on that team. You may find however, against certain teams, B2 might play better, and DT better on others. Be flexibe and change between them to have success!
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    Options
    You need to try and keep farming his stars, and get him to G10. B2 is great because he gets a turn all the time, so you can use his aoe dispel a lot, and he is pretty tanky. DT has a great dispel aoe as well, and his damage is much better on basic, as well as his daze, then stun, works well on rebels. I think DT certainly has a place on that team. So when DT does his AOE, like ep, tfp, and vader he will go again with ep lead. That allows for a crucial daze. So yes, if you get DT up just a little more, G10 is more important than his stars, he will be viable on that team. You may find however, against certain teams, B2 might play better, and DT better on others. Be flexibe and change between them to have success!

You're right, I like DT kit but I didn't want to waste resources on him if he doesn't have a decent damage. I can push him to 5 stars g10 soon. Do you know if he hit hard at g10?
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Options

You're right, I like DT kit but I didn't want to waste resources on him if he doesn't have a decent damage. I can push him to 5 stars g10 soon. Do you know if he hit hard at g10?

He's not necessarily a hard hitter, more of a utility toon. He gives you the AoE dispel which is, I believe, the weakest AoE in the game. But it increases cooldowns if they have no buffs or dispels if they do. His basic inflicts daze and stuns dazed foes. Terminate can hit hard at any star, the main benefit is when they have one dead toon, it inflicts deathmark (the same one the raid pig captain inflicts) which causes MAJOR damage. He has good protection no matter the stars at gear 11. Stars help but I was using him at 3 stars, gear 11, and was fine.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    Options
    Rakim wrote: »

He's not necessarily a hard hitter, more of a utility toon. He gives you the AoE dispel which is, I believe, the weakest AoE in the game. But it increases cooldowns if they have no buffs or dispels if they do. His basic inflicts daze and stuns dazed foes. Terminate can hit hard at any star, the main benefit is when they have one dead toon, it inflicts deathmark (the same one the raid pig captain inflicts) which causes MAJOR damage. He has good protection no matter the stars at gear 11. Stars help but I was using him at 3 stars, gear 11, and was fine.

Thank you, seems he is not a waste I'll work on him.
  • Options

DT hits fairly hard. He is no slouch. He double attacks rebels. He is for real, and a thread teams must deal with.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options

I'm kinda thinking magma. Snow just does SO MUCH DAMAGE with his lando esque aoe

What does he actually hit for with max gear and mods? Mine is sitting at 7-stars level 1, so I haven't had a chance to test.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options

DT hits fairly hard. He is no slouch. He double attacks rebels. He is for real, and a thread teams must deal with.

Agreed. If Rebels do come back around with R2, then DT is a must have for any Empire squad, even a Rex squad.
  • Mega_Man
    88 posts Member
    Options
    In GW today I ran across a Zader, Zarriss, DN, Kylo and Baze squad with Zeers, snow, shore, DT and magma. I couldn't kill anybody because of the health regen from Zarris. I retreated atleast 10 times. Any thoughts on how to beat this squad with troopers only? I'm not entirely sure it can be done.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    You need a heal immune, or Zader lead, or DT perhaps for immune and deathmark, plus he can Daze barris so she won't heal as much
  • Options

What does he actually hit for with max gear and mods? Mine is sitting at 7-stars level 1, so I haven't had a chance to test.

In the showcase it was 22k from the second aoe onward(I don't know the mods, but I know he was otherwise maxed
    "Because I'm Batman"-me