The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I just noticed when editing the title of this thread, it is our thread's 1 year anniversary.

$_1.JPG
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    Wow happy anniversary! May the dark side of the force be with you all! For the empire!
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    What a nice little birthday gift we all got too with the upgrades to many of the original characters, and an event that uses EXCLUSIVELY the Empire.

Tarkin will get some loving soon enough I'm sure, though for now I'm really excited with how the Imperial Fleet is taking shape. Can't wait until TIE Reaper and the Gauntlet Starfighter are more accessible.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    What a nice little birthday gift we all got too with the upgrades to many of the original characters, and an event that uses EXCLUSIVELY the Empire.

Tarkin will get some loving soon enough I'm sure, though for now I'm really excited with how the Imperial Fleet is taking shape. Can't wait until TIE Reaper and the Gauntlet Starfighter are more accessible.

Agreed
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    Very nice gift
  • Options
    Now that I breaked my no real money rule, and I bought Shore, I can finaly say I have all the empire toons, even though most of them are only 4* .I think that developers love to much rebels for Empire to ever be Meta, but I hope that they will at least allow us to be the anti-meta.
  • Options
    I just noticed when editing the title of this thread, it is our thread's 1 year anniversary.

$_1.JPG

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W7bmXywWus8

Woo! Dance party!
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Options
    OK so This fan favorite has to be darkside this time right? I mean they arent going to launch R2 and another LS char, right?

I know the devs read this thread. The empire deserves to be a legitimate arena team. The empire needs a cleanser, and a good one at that, one that rivals GK, or Rex. You have designed this game so that we cannot debuff the other team when they cleanse adn get tenacity up, but you give the empire no way to remove their debuffs. So every match consists of the lightside teams gaining a TON of buffs, and giving a ton of debuffs, and then allowing them to cleanse easily and keep from getting any more debuffs. No stuns, ability blocks, nothing.

The empire needs a character that can either (someone suggested this for Thrawn in our empire discord channel, Which by the way you devs are welcome to join, even if you want to do it incognito) that Thrawn being a strategic master would flip the debuffs on the empire characters to the opposite buff. The other scenario would be to have an empire ability where they can debuff enemies through tenacity up, or a manner where they become persistent and can't be removed until they run their course. Or have an ability that when a AOE cleanse is used it does something bad, so that LS teams would try and limit themselves to individual cleanses.

These AOE cleanses with and added Tenacity up gives their team a 3 turn swing every time. Its essentially and 2 turn ability block on all characters limiting them to basics only for 2 full rounds. No team recovers from that.

The time of all these Rebel, Rex, GK, teams has to come to an end. The empire has a ton of characters and is the least represented in the arena. You gave a way overpowered ability to maul and his few sith, and the dominate everyone. The empire is due, you already completely let us down with the First order remake being a laughing stock of the arena. Please don't do it to the empire too.
  • Options
    Thrawn-
    Would be cool if he combined all leader abilites of the empire.
    Or - any combo of cleanse/tmgain/ reduce cool downs.
    Or- an calling an assist where the toon that assists is the toons special.
    But @BradGoodyear all great points. Good ideas as well.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    @BradGoodyear Ideally I would love another Dark Side to make Empire a strong meta squad, but I'll take Luke or Revan too at this point. The new marketing they have and the release of R2 makes me think Luke is coming but just my opinion. Let's hope for something solid whatever it is, Jedi would be great too. Think about it... if they made Revan, he could be both Dark Side and Light Side. :smile:
  • Options
    But we are talking empire here not sith. Why give Maul teams another OP sith?
  • Options
    Long live the Empire! Happy 1 year anniversary.

I also wait for Thrawn to be introduced.
  • Options

I would be nice if Revan, even as a sith, had some anti Zaul abilities, like pulling his allies out of stealth, or giving buff immunity to both allies and enemy. Or any other thing that would force you, even if you were to use the sith, to chose between him and Mauls lead.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options

I really just want something for Jedi to be honest, but a character like that could potentially add some cool diversity to the game.
  • Options

I really just want something for Jedi to be honest, but a character like that could potentially add some cool diversity to the game.

Then they should add reven when they do the jedi faction pass,which I am sure when they do it they will be insane. Yet the empire gets to be sub-par. What they really need is an empire revive or character that revives himself a lot.
  • Options

Nice!
    Although I do have one question: What's up with the depressing music?
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Here's what I'm putting up atm in arena...

Once I get the zeta for veers I might play around more with the troopers... but as it stands it's a great team for dealing with all kinds of different opponents.

Vap4ASR.jpg
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    Here's what I'm putting up atm in arena...

Once I get the zeta for veers I might play around more with the troopers... but as it stands it's a great team for dealing with all kinds of different opponents.

Vap4ASR.jpg

Seems very fun!
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options

Nice!
    Although I do have one question: What's up with the depressing music?

I picked one of the songs YouTube offered that matched the video length. Didn't have anything on my device.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Here's a bunch of images to use as an avatar/portrait if anyone is interested. Sorry no Shoretrooper.

pMJ0Xng.jpg
    vcFzM0t.jpg
    lwibhdu.jpg
    Jk7UxOX.jpg
    OTuqJPG.jpg
    Q3yQ4ZH.jpg
    gnpN9Pu.jpg

• Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    IsGjREg.png

I had that one :)
  • Christykellarah
    4 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    >:)
    Post edited by Christykellarah on
  • Options
    Hey all fellow empire only user here. Yes I only pvp and 90% all else since game came out with the dark side. I quit playing when my characters becomes broken like sidious 50 attacks per turn and when I farm everything without real money I have a deep love for darth maul ever since took on quaigon Kenobi single handedly.
    Then I realized maul cost like $60 for just a few maul shards and I know the drill anytime I spend real money the chars get nerfed into oblivion so I almost quit forever and played stupid force arena instead.
  • Options
    Thanks for the images Aero. It didn't even had crossed my mind to chance my picture :smile:
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    https://youtu.be/88F8sb-PdmU

You guys will really like this one.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    Very nice one!
  • Dark_Helmet152
    529 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Just out of curiousity, has anyone who has all the troopers geared up tried Veers, DT, Snow and Shore under a Boba lead? Troopers would have +25 CC and +70 CD. I'd love to see what kind of damage snow trooper does in this setup.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    Just out of curiousity, has anyone who has all the troopers geared up tried Veers, DT, Snow and Shore under a Boba lead? Troopers would have +25 CC and +70 CD. I'd love to see what kind of damage snow trooper does in this setup.

I think you'd be better off with a veers lead as he already gives a good dmg boost + speed and TM on buffs, such this team gives a ton of buffs.
  • KP67s
    42 posts Member
    Options

I'm doing runs in GW with Krennic as lead and Veers, DT, Shore and Snow. Between Krennic and Veers, you get 40% extra crit (which means easy ability blocks once you get a few debuffs off), good additional potency, and, if Zeta'd, a consistent 10% protection regain (20% if you kill an opposing character). In addition to the offense up, TM gains, etc once you kill one opponent, they're a train that just doesn't stop.

Total beast, but only a Zaul team stood in my way from a full GW finish (for obvious reasons, I support an Imperial cleanser...)

@BradGoodyear any chance of joining this Empire discord? Been a big Empire fan and I'm glad they're getting stronger (FINALLY).