Am I making a mistake by not farming Rey?

Prev13
I know she is the highest damage dealer but I didn't want to jump on the bandwagon and honestly have so many characters that I am working on that I just thought she can wait....forever. I do have 12/80 on her which is nothing but if I get an overall response that I need to farm her out then I will start now and stop a few others.

Replies

• Mateosius
    245 posts Member
    Options
    A mistake?

Strategically: yes it's a mistake.

Morally: no this is the high road.
  • Options
    I regret not farming her sooner. Like you, I thought I wouldn't need her since I have GW and arena squads I like and get the job done well. The problem is she just does so much damage that I know not having her at 6* for the tier 6 raid is hurting my damage output. She is easily the best DPS so she shines in all of the phases. I would definitely recommend farming her even if it's just through hard nodes just for the raid.
  • Options
    Mateosius wrote: »
    A mistake?

This better not to be a sheep and use the meta dodge leads + Rey combo. Personally hoping they wreck it with a new meta per balance patch.

Lol...
  • Paxoxo4
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
  • Options
    No. Unless you have a resistance squad
  • Options
    A mistake?

This^
  • Options
    Big mistake for me when the raids came.
  • Options
    No, having Rey doesn't make your team unbeatable and not having Rey doesn't make other teams unbeatable. Other characters hit hard too and they have more utility.
  • Options
    she is very easy to take out in Arena - for me, her value lies in 1) her damage in raids and 2) the fact that my 4 year old daughter demands to use Rey whenever she farms Cantina nodes for me
  • Options
    But not having Rey makes starring in raids very difficult.
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    Options
    A mistake? No. Play the game how you want.
  • b06af3tt
    76 posts Member
    Options
    +1 on yes. Being in guild store she's super easy. Turn around or get to a finishing point with the other toon you are doing and do Rey instead.

Point of reference, I've yet to grind dooku. (I hate dooku - love Sir Christopher Lee).
  • Options
    There is no moral high ground, and there is no bandwagon. Rey's use has increased because
    1) She has high damage output. This is useful in raids, where damage is directly tied to raid ranking. High damage hits are useful in arena, where the use of RG is widespread. Since Rey has a greater ability to kill characters with 50%+ health, it means RG's auto-taunt won't trigger, you can prioritize hitting more important characters on the opposing team, and there's a better likelihood of winning. GW is also easier and faster due to her damage output and there being more GW teams with RG.
    2) Her shards are more available. More players are at higher levels, opening up 3 hard nodes for her (from 2). Her shards have also become available in the guild shop.
    I think she's a character worth having. How you prioritize her also depends on the resources you have available, your character needs for various aspects of the game, and the progression of your other characters. Ultimately, it comes down to opportunity cost - what you're giving up in the short term for the longer term gains of having Rey in your roster. I'd advise you to save your guild coins to buy Rey shards whenever they show up. Think about what characters would work well in arena/raids/gw, especially characters that overlap in two or more areas of the game. Prioritize good characters that you're working on and finish them up. When you can spare the energy, run Rey's hard nodes.
  • Options
    I think its a mistake. and one I made cause I was convinced they were gonna nerf her and I didn't want to spend all my energy/time farming her only to have her nerfed. Wishing I had farmed her earlier as my raid damage suffers without having her 7* at the moment. but I'm 8 shards from 7*...
  • Homish
    65 posts Member
    Options
    I think she's a good tool to have, for raid dps.

There's non standard arena teams made viable with the addition of Rey. Getting her doesn't necessarily mean you also have to play her with dooku, gs, rgand qgj in arena.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I didn't want to jump on the bandwagon either because she is for sure but necessary to progress in the game but when raids began I finally farmed her because I needed more DPS and she was the best. She has made my GW much easier too but I still won't be using her in arena.
  • Sir_Whooty
    518 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I stared farming her as soon as I unlocked her hard node in January, I had her halfway to 5 stars before the Raids started and now she's almost to 7*.

I think she's worth it, I don't use her in the Arena because in my experience, even with RG I can strip her protection and kill her without him Auto Taunting at Gear 8. But there are more aspects in this game than just the Arena ;) being able to put her on a suicide squad late GW to obliterate a glass cannon is very handy. And in Raids, save her for when the Door goes down as that's when she can do her most massive damage. The rancors ability to strip away her buffs hurt her a little bit, but even then she can give him a pounding before he two shots her through protection. (Tier VI)
  • Options
    It depends. I have a G10 7* Rey and sometimes I don't even use her.
    She's the best damage dealer but none of that matters when this entire game is faceroll.
    When was the last time anyone lost an arena match because they didn't have Rey?
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    Options
    It's a trade off. You're gonna use a ton of time and resources to farm her. Since she's a super slow farm that means another couple toons get put on hold while you build rey up.
    Mistake, no.
    Right move, no.
    Depends on whether or not she's worth slowing down your game. Only you can decide that.

For me she's definitely a back burner project. I only go for shards if I have extra energy.
  • aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    Options
    I didn't farm her either and I don't plan to.
    My droids are kicking ****, right and left.

But don't forgo Royal Guard, he's a must have.
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Rey is a great toon to have in all aspects of the game. Yes, I run her in Arena and face her in Arena. She doesn't bother me. No, I don't run dodge lead, I run Phasma.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    As others have mentioned, she is an asset in raids. My second highest damage dealing team includes her with Dooku, to up the dodge. Coupled with her foresight, she is almost always running offense up against the rancor, and can go a long time without needing a heal. Yoda, Barriss, and RP round out that team.

I have started using her in Arena. I replaced GS with her, and have yet to regret it. I run Ben as lead and STHan as my tank, so between her foresight and STHan's taunt, she gets a ton of turns. Yes, she is soft on defense, but she is generally fun to play.
  • Options
    As long as you are happy facing her in Arena and GW and can deal raid damage some other way, without having her for your own team. Just don't call for her to be nerfed because you don't have her or are behind in farming her. I personally find her very useful in many team configurations and game modes.
  • Options
    Depends on what you have. If you have Leia you may do perfectly without Rey and not suffer one bit. But anyhow - and unless you have an access to a full Rex-led clone team, you will be better off with Leia or Rey in the squad as it is useful to have some dps
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Just don't call for her to be nerfed because you don't have her or are behind in farming her.

+TheWholeInterwebsForToday

Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    I'm regretting not having Rey, IG86 and GS for damage in the raids, don't really have any of those dps toons but am doing them now as a side project. I'm the kind of tool that gets kicks out of having the only boba led team in the top 50 of my shard though so....
  • Kingken85
    410 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    **Officer in the Synėrgy Guild**
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    A mistake?

All of this. Eloquently put.

Besides, she's getting a firm paddling from the nerf bat in the near future... She has to. Either that, or EA has one of two lesser evils to choose from:

* Buff everyone else (which will take time and - based on EA/CG's track record - MUCH *LIVE* trial and error
    * Let the meta stagnate to the point of people getting bored and stop spending money

For now, keep building your roster the way you want to and /popcorn, IMO
  • Options
    I always farmed Rey so it has really paid off for me but I also farmed GS because I saw how great he was even though I hated him. I haven't seen anyone hit as hard as Rey yet and with her foresight makes her that much better. Now that she is in raid shipments it wouldn't hard to farm her plus her nodes if you really wanted to.
  • CPTRogers
    107 posts Member
    Options
    When those blast doors drop, you want Rey on your team to destroy that downed Rancor.