Am I making a mistake by not farming Rey?

Replies

• Options
    People responding with a no are speaking purely from an arena standpoint, which I still disagree with. If you're raiding and don't have her, then yes, you're making a mistake by not farming her.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    So far, I'm regretting it. I have Rey 4S and gearing her.

But I have other toons I want more, and this is slowing down my agenda. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with Rey. Rey teams are not doing much better than my current team... :)

I could be working on toons that are more unique and potentially stumble on a secret formula of awesome.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    Not a mistake. She'll be nerfed as soon as I finish farming and gearing her.
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Yes you made a mistake not farming Rey though they basically are giving her away now in guild rewards which **** me off.
    But if you are not farming her still we don't know if she'll get nerfed or not.
  • Options
    I know she is the highest damage dealer but I didn't want to jump on the bandwagon and honestly have so many characters that I am working on that I just thought she can wait....forever. I do have 12/80 on her which is nothing but if I get an overall response that I need to farm her out then I will start now and stop a few others.

Absolutely making a mistake, I'm already paying for it. Now that the cat's out of the bag, unless you've invested heavy $$ in a full bore ewok team or have droids with RG and jawa engineer maxed, you pretty much have no chance at breaking the top 30 in my current shard without at least having Rey. The Rey/Han/RG combo is pretty much unbeatable without having the same to counter it, and without having someone to dispel at least han's taunt. Even then, unless you're shelling out serious cash on this game it is pretty much going to be impossible to catch up, the game disproportionately rewards the top pay to play players with the way arena ranks work and the disparity between f2p and p2p is growing. this is to be expected with any cash cow game like this, it's just unfortunate that on top of this disparity the game is also tuned to dictate maybe a half dozen characters out of the 100 or so that you're supposed to spend all of your time and energy on unlocking/powering up just to compete- the rest are quite frankly mostly just a waste of time.
  • Options
    Powda wrote: »
    Mateosius wrote: »
    A mistake?

Strategically: yes it's a mistake.

Morally: no this is the high road.

All of this. Eloquently put.

Besides, she's getting a firm paddling from the nerf bat in the near future... She has to. Either that, or EA has one of two lesser evils to choose from:

* Buff everyone else (which will take time and - based on EA/CG's track record - MUCH *LIVE* trial and error
    * Let the meta stagnate to the point of people getting bored and stop spending money

For now, keep building your roster the way you want to and /popcorn, IMO

She isn't gonna get a nerf. Since they released gear that can be purchased with crystals, MK Furnace for example costs 1680 crystals, that's twenty dollars. I could foresee a huge refund backlash if the even attempt to nerf Rey. Besides that she is so easy to kill I don't know why people have trouble with her. There are so many things people can do when fighting Rey. Stuns, dispel her buffs, cast debuffs on her basically prevent her for getting off a hit when she has offense up. It's really not that hard. They don't have to buff everyone else either....but there are some like Anakin for example that does need a buff.

• Options
    Just as Rex, Rey is a character for raids first and foremost. In arena, unless you go Ugnaught lead, you may win vs almost any opposition on offence, and almost any good player will win against you on his offence. Let alone the fact that Leia is in fact harder to counter in arena compared to Rey
  • Options
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »
    Just as Rex, Rey is a character for raids first and foremost. In arena, unless you go Ugnaught lead, you may win vs almost any opposition on offence, and almost any good player will win against you on his offence. Let alone the fact that Leia is in fact harder to counter in arena compared to Rey

I'm in a highly competitive shard that's been around since `november, lots of whales, one guy even has 90% of the characters unlocked, geared levelled and 7*ed.

In this shard 19 of the top 20 have Rey. 17 of the top 20 right now have Rey and either Han or RG (or both in many cases). consider the top 30 and 25 of them have rey, 23 of which also have at least han or RG.

Up until about 2 weeks ago I was able to break into the top 10 occassionally, now even though I don't drop below 50 much I can't break the top 30 any longer it seems.

Tell us again that Rey is no better than average in the arena.
  • Ivan_Drago
    639 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    jackstraw wrote: »
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »

I'm in a highly competitive shard that's been around since `november, lots of whales, one guy even has 90% of the characters unlocked, geared levelled and 7*ed.

In this shard 19 of the top 20 have Rey. 17 of the top 20 right now have Rey and either Han or RG (or both in many cases). consider the top 30 and 25 of them have rey, 23 of which also have at least han or RG.

Up until about 2 weeks ago I was able to break into the top 10 occassionally, now even though I don't drop below 50 much I can't break the top 30 any longer it seems.

Tell us again that Rey is no better than average in the arena.

It is much better than average in arena but is neither the best (pretty sure Leia wins it hands down versus Rey) not of such an importance as RG is. Besides, with an abundance of very good p2p only characters, it would be stupid not to give ftp a chance to at least compete. Such guys as QGJ, Rey, RG, GS serve exactly this purpose: you don't have diversity, but you still CAN fight whales being even an orthodox ftp. Isn't it great in itself?
  • Options
    I just started farming Rey and I think it was a mistake. I should've done it long ago. Either they 1) nerf her to be in line with everyone else. or 2) bring everyone else up to her level. Or 3) keep her as powerful as she is and everyone runs her.

Since this is EA, they will keep her as is until the majority of users have spent time/money to get her as high as possible. Then they will look at the metrics to see if they can make anymore money on her via refills and pack buying. If the majority aren't trying to farm Rey anymore, she will get nerfed.

Right now there is no character you really need, besides Rey. You can choose from a couple good tanks. There are several good leaders. No one does the damage of Rey. No one.
  • Options
    Rey is brutal.. If you need a high damage person she is amazing.
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    No rey and no RG means 100-200 at payout time. It's your choice.
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    A 5* rey will get you higher in the arena than a maxed team without her but she's not over powered. She is perfectly balanced. They did a good job with the whole high speed toons will do less damage thing
  • Options
    And just what bandwagon would you be jumping on? I started Rey months ago. I certainly wasn't on a bandwagon. I chose a character I liked and developed it.
    So, to me, you jumped on whatever bandwagon you were on when developing whoever you were levelling.
  • M31Andro
    253 posts Member
    Options
    I know she is the highest damage dealer but I didn't want to jump on the bandwagon and honestly have so many characters that I am working on that I just thought she can wait....forever. I do have 12/80 on her which is nothing but if I get an overall response that I need to farm her out then I will start now and stop a few others.

100% yes. She's a beast in raids. And on LS and Cantina battles. However I'm still not using her in arena.
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Yep same one I've made
  • TemperTantrumRen
    407 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I beat a Dooku-led squad with Rey and RG today. I sometimes fight and beat squads with Rey/RG/Daka and by no means is my arena team the strongest, most effective in attack/defense or highly geared. She is perfectly killable.

Farming her was an excellent choice though. She'll come in handy when I build a decent non-jedi squad for tackling those LS8 hard nodes, and she really racks up the damage in raids. Well worth it.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options
    Depends solely on the rest of your team. Ackbar and Royal Guard work well with her if you have a healer also IMO
  • Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    Not a mistake. She'll be nerfed as soon as I finish farming and gearing her.

yes please
  • Options
    Yes, it is a mistake not to farm her. I refrained and still do from farming Sid, Phasma and other toons which where once adressed as Meta, but Rey is just a general good damage toon you would hurt yourself not to apply. On the high moral ground if you would consider yourself not to take the path of an Meta you still should get her, still you would be different if you like to choose this.
  • Options
    She's a discount Keira Knightley, which is pretty bad. Don't do it. She's not canon.
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Options
    as the only other person who isn't yet riding the gravy gReyvy train, I'm sad to say, I've made a huge mistake. I've watched TFA recently, now I know, Rey will never ever get a nerf. it's save to say, that additional Rey versions like Padawan Rey will be even better, stronger, faster. I'm waiting out regular Rey. for me, a new hope is Jyn Erso, who will be released later this year. as Rey's mother she should be OP, DPS and immune to nerfs.
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    She's a very good toon, but it's not a mistake to not farm her. There are plenty of good combinations that don't use Rey.

Not sure why so many people refer to her as being "bandwagon". You can just about guarantee that every person making those comments uses one of the "bandwagon" toons on their team, just not Rey.
  • Alecation
    211 posts Member
    Options
    I would recommend farming all the top DPS characters if you plan on raiding
  • Options
    She is actually a fast farm now with guild rewards and 3 hard nodes. Try FOTP or something genuinely slow if you want pain. No reason not to have her and as someone that didn't have her until recently, I can assure you she dramatically makes this game easier in all modes.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    I don't have her either, i am farming her from energy nodes slowly... i am approaching cautiously because she is probably going to get nerfed.

i think its a waste to farm shards from the guild store, with the exception of engineer and GG, all the others are available elsewhere, albiet at a slower pace. i spend all my guild store currency on furance and droid caller gear pieces because those are not available elsewhere.
  • Legends
    28 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Get Rey, if you think well, she is the best toon in game right now, anywhere you use her she will do better than most, be it arena, raids or gw.

What I have to say to all these comments that tells you that you can win withought her: The team consists of 5 members, so she can´t do everything alone, doesn´t mean other characters are anywhere as good as she is, the first time you one shoot a fu.cking dooku you will, remember my words and be greatfull you got her.
  • Options
    My goal is to have as many 7* toons as possible. So yes. If you like her, farm her.
    I'm f2p so when I get Rey 7* the meta will be with another toon probably. But 7* toons have their uses.
  • gbshow
    89 posts Member
    Options
    she just hit my RG for over 25k. Get her.