Giving this game three more raids for gear then goodbye.

Replies

• Options
    If I can't get a dang furnace in the next three raids then goodbye game. I've been siting on 14/50 since the raids began. Seriously I'm tired of being stuck at gear 8 for everybody.

That's why you save crystals and buy furnaces for 1615 crystals whenever they appear in shipments. Bought 4 of them already. At the same time i'm 27/50 from raids to craft first one... What do you think - which way is better to obtain them?...
  • Options
    The OP is whining. Seriously. yeah I only have 26/50 for Furnace so far. But you have the choice. You said yourself that you are farming JE. That's your call. You are putting farming JE above crafting a furance or droid caller.

Just FYI not all your chars need furnaces. You can actually farm many characters to gear 9. Jawa, Genosian Soldier, Yoda, Veers, Hoth Rebel Scout Hoth Rebel Soldier, IG-100, Ima-Gun-Di, Kit Fisto, Kylo Ren, Lobot, Old ben, Chewbacca, Chirpa, Datcha, Vader, Gammorean Gaurd, Jawa Engineer, Fives and thats only half my list.
  • Options
    The OP is whining. Seriously. yeah I only have 26/50 for Furnace so far. But you have the choice. You said yourself that you are farming JE. That's your call. You are putting farming JE above crafting a furance or droid caller.

Just FYI not all your chars need furnaces. You can actually farm many characters to gear 9. Jawa, Genosian Soldier, Yoda, Veers, Hoth Rebel Scout Hoth Rebel Soldier, IG-100, Ima-Gun-Di, Kit Fisto, Kylo Ren, Lobot, Old ben, Chewbacca, Chirpa, Datcha, Vader, Gammorean Gaurd, Jawa Engineer, Fives and thats only half my list.

I am not whining. Also 3/5 of my arena team need a furnace.
  • Hambone
    79 posts Member
    Options
    I totally sympathize. The furnaces are really the least of the problems, though. At $0 spent, I've managed to save for an acquire four furnaces from crystals. Indeed, I currently have accumulated 55 salvage bits for the furnace, yet can't be bothered to craft one because I have more pressing needs for the other bits that go into one.

It's the other raid bits that are the real choke point. I'll confess that I pre-crafted three of the droid callers. Which was a really lucky call, as it turns out. Those seem impossible to actually finish otherwise. I've also managed to farm and craft a raid Nubian -- which took QGJ to 10. In total, this has let me get seven toons to 9 and one to 10. I really can't imagine being choked off at 8 across the boards, as I would nearly be had I not lucked into the 3 pre-crafted callers.

All that said, I am falling further and further in the Arena as it is getting harder to compete with teams that have at least 2-3 toons at gear 10-plus. In a guild that I like and helped build. We're alternating between 5 and 6, for the sake of some newer players we're nursing along and getting up to speed. Have done 15-16 total. For anyone looking to pretend that this is a "fix" for the persisting imbalance created by the precrafting SNAFU, guess again.

I'm not going to cry injustice or any other hyperbolic nonsense -- but it's an inescapable fact that this arbitrary and persisting imbalance, one that severely handicaps the majority of the player base in relation to an random few, just makes things a lot less fun for most people. It's a pointless, arbitrary and increasingly punitive source of frustration.

I'd argue that any rational individual acting in their own self-interest should indeed quit when subjected to this type of situation. I'm frankly surprised that many more haven't. But, Star Wars. When you're a shop that can pay top dollar for the franchise on the IP, this is the flavor of leverage you can get away with. Alas.
  • Options
    Martianski wrote: »
    If I can't get a dang furnace in the next three raids then goodbye game. I've been siting on 14/50 since the raids began. Seriously I'm tired of being stuck at gear 8 for everybody.

That's why you save crystals and buy furnaces for 1615 crystals whenever they appear in shipments. Bought 4 of them already. At the same time i'm 27/50 from raids to craft first one... What do you think - which way is better to obtain them?...

What a novel idea. Instead of quitting or demanding change you actually find a way to get the furnaces yourself. It's not hard to save that many crystals and still get a few energy refreshes a day.
  • Options
    I chose to get Rey to 5* for raids instead of continue buying parts. But now that I have her at 5* I am going to go back to spending those points on parts for gear upgrades.

But seriously, even if you had 3 furnaces. You still need to farm the syringes, and then you will need to farm the heck out of the cuffs, stun guns, sensor arrays, biotech implants comlinks, detonators as each charcter is going to need 100-200+ of those items. I would say if I focused completely I could craft a furnance before I farmed the 200+ items for gear 10.
  • Options

What a novel idea. Instead of quitting or demanding change you actually find a way to get the furnaces yourself. It's not hard to save that many crystals and still get a few energy refreshes a day.

I make 75 crystals a day. Not even one cantina refresh.
  • Options

Wow that's very sad. You should easily be able to get 77 crystals a day from daily events and another 75 from top 200 in arena, which shouldn't be hard at all. With some effort you should be in top 50. Seems there is another problem here.

What is your arena team?
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Run heroic raids. If you have 10 toons you should be able to complete them.
  • dreamer05
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Bye! I'm sooooooo done with people whining about gear. And PS, nobody cares if you leave.
  • Options

Wow that's very sad. You should easily be able to get 77 crystals a day from daily events and another 75 from top 200 in arena, which shouldn't be hard at all. With some effort you should be in top 50. Seems there is another problem here.

What is your arena team?

I was just saying my arena crystals count.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    If I didn't precraft I would have defiantly quit from not being able to compete in arena. Especially since I never have gotten a furnace in shipments ;)
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    djvita wrote: »
    They're not pushing an update until the middle of next week at least due to memorial day, might as well leave now.

What update?

I'm not really a jedi mentioned in the guild hopping thread no update this week

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/431949/#Comment_431949

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/431963/#Comment_431963

• Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options

Come on man your better this. Just buy the gear once your done with a 7* Rey
    All my toons except fives is gear 8 so now I am aiming to get everyone to gear 9 by buying the gear and then farm EE. I have 6000 guild coins 2000 more and I buy enough pieces for a furnace to give to my beloved Rey and After that the droid caller for QGJ and another for RG
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    BTW Jat Jar what tier raids do you participate in??
  • Options

What is your arena team?

I was just saying my arena crystals count.

So you can't break the top 100 in arena and this is all due to you not getting a furnace yet? I see...
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Love you bro, but this might get closed. Against forum rules to post a rage-quit thread.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »

Tier six. Usually get around rank 14.
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »

Tier six. Usually get around rank 14.

rewards get significantly better in tier 7 raids Binkz, my suggestion is to stick it out until you have at least 5 heroics under your belt and see how you feel then

if youre still not happy after that then yeah nothing is likely to change that for you unless the devs rehaul the whole raid reward system which I dont see happening
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Coming from another angle, it upsets me that, here's a player many of us know of here as a frequent contributor. I don't know you @ItsJarJarBinkz but I understand where you are coming from. You then voice a complaint about the game and like thousands before you, are fed up with the current status quo.

Adding insult to injury, people instead don't add to the conversation but instead mock you because you are voicing unhappiness, and this is not cool. He's speaking frankly here, this is not some person who is just spewing negatives to get attention, this is a player who wants to see improvement in a game he has dedicated months working at, let's all hear him out rather than mock him.

Many of us here commenting, understand that one day, this could be you very soon. You may simply walk away without a word or do like @ItsJarJarBinkz and speak on it, either way, I support posts like this because we can get a better picture on what is making players walk away and hopefully fix it before we lose more....
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone mocking the OP is displaying complete ignorance. If you already have your furnaces, GOOD FOR YOU.

What's that, you can buy them in shipments for crystals? Wow, never thought of that. Genius idea.

Only guess what - they DON'T SHOW UP in shipments for some of us. I have no problem buying them, I'm swimming in crystals, more than you can possibly imagine (quote intended). I have 16 toons at gear 8 and have never seen a furnace in shipments.

If you've been lucky, good for you, I'm so happy for you. So just because you're sorted we unlucky ones should just shut up and suck it up?

Don't think so. We need more and more threads like this until EA actually listens and responds to the biggest problem with the game right now.

Try to think about someone other than yourself for a change.
  • Options
    I support posts like this because we can get a better picture on what is making players walk away and hopefully fix it before we lose more....

Very, very well said. If only CG took the same stance on player feedback. The forum is basically a free beta test (with the most honest and diligent players), except they push out the **** ideas first and get feedback after.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I think there is a reason we are hearing a deafening silence on dodge/raid reward/credit crunch. All three of these things are good if you are trying to make a quick buck because they frustrate people into spending, but bad for long term health. My conspiracy theory is they aren't planning on being in this game for the long haul. They are making as much money as they can, as quickly as they can, and then moving on.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Options
    If I don't get a trophy for waking up then I'll just keep sleeping.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    My conspiracy theory is they aren't planning on being in this game for the long haul. They are making as much money as they can, as quickly as they can, and then moving on.

You are not alone in thinking this.
  • Options
    Why not just no refresh anything or open any character packs, save up the crystals and buy a furnace. I save about 250 crystals per day and I've been buying one item from shipments every week. You finish higher in arena, get more crystals per day, finish higher in raids and get better gear drops.

I've made a nubian for Rey, and need a few more guild currency to buy the pieces to finish off a droid caller.

You don't have to spend money to get past the gear lvl VIII wall.
  • SifuSteve
    439 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I think an important point to draw out of this is not the frustration of not being able to obtain 'unobtainium', just that some players got it easier. I don't really mind that I can't bump my toons up a level in their gear. I run a droid squad that can easily sit in the top 50 in the Arena and that's good enough for me - I'll never be a Grand Moff.
    But historically, if there's one thing that will get people to voice their opinion, it's perceived injustice. I am pretty confident that if the OP didn't encounter pre-crafters, he would not bear the grievance he clearly holds...
    I don't care how much they 'encourage' me to spend crystals (owing to the fact I find myself temporarily stationed on an island in the South Atlantic with >20 mins daily internet time, I've spent in excess of $250 this month, just so I don't let my guild down!). I don't care how long it takes me to upgrade my toons' kit because everyone my level has had to do it... right? But I'm not happy that, through no fault of my own, I find myself at a disadvantage because I didn't pre-craft. There were some good suggestions earlier of how this could have been managed but I've clicked past the page and can't find the quote. Good thread, long may it survive.

EDIT: And to all those saying 'just leave then, whiner' I think they'd find that if the community was polled, they would probably be less welcome than you...
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • Frommer
    145 posts Member
    Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    If I didn't precraft I would have defiantly quit from not being able to compete in arena. Especially since I never have gotten a furnace in shipments ;)

@warmonkey

I thought you had such trouble getting things? I can only hope a millennium passes before furnaces come in your shipments. Bumping every post when you are a pre crafter and need your stuff nerfed in the first place.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    I think in p2win, rng is good. At least it isnt 100% pay X and get Y.
  • Options
    I think there is a reason we are hearing a deafening silence on dodge/raid reward/credit crunch. All three of these things are good if you are trying to make a quick buck because they frustrate people into spending, but bad for long term health. My conspiracy theory is they aren't planning on being in this game for the long haul. They are making as much money as they can, as quickly as they can, and then moving on.

+ infinity.

I've been saying since the protection update fiasco that this game is on its last legs. Notice the drastic increase in in-game advertisements, the massive increase in pay packs and "deals", the fact that raids are designed to stimulate massive spending due to rivalry instead of cooperation, and the fact they are all but cannibalizing their chromiums packs by letting you buy specific, previously chromium only toons in shipments.