You are a whale. How far have you gone to prove it?

Prev134
Frommer
145 posts Member
edited May 2016
The poll is anonymous so no one has to reveal anything. Everyone throws around the "whale" term, and I as curious what that really meant to people on here. (In advance this poll isn't meant for f2p which is why this was not an option)

You are a whale. How far have you gone to prove it? 186 votes

10-50
16% 30 votes
50-100
11% 21 votes
100-300
16% 30 votes
300-600
14% 27 votes
600-1000
12% 23 votes
1000 -1500
6% 12 votes
1500+
23% 43 votes

Replies

• Options
    Only the last option is about being a whale, lower than 1500 are trout, perch, shrimp and plancton ;)
  • Options
    Speaking from experience, I'm a whale and I've spent close to 2k, but I'm not where near the top. The biggest whales have spent 5+.
  • Frommer
    145 posts Member
    Options
    Speaking from experience, I'm a whale and I've spent close to 2k, but I'm not where near the top. The biggest whales have spent 5+.

@Angrybaldman

Hm. Shows my views of the game I should have made the top end amounts much higher. Whoops. Thanks for bringing that up though. Sadly I don't think I can add poll options, only edit the description.
  • Options
    @Frommer

All good man. It is an expensive hobby for sure!
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You know 1500 is very little you need a 5k and 10k option man.
  • Frommer
    145 posts Member
    Options

*Looks at personal bank account*

Cough.... yeah.... duh.... why wouldn't I have thought of spending that much....
  • Options
    Frommer wrote: »

Cough.... yeah.... duh.... why wouldn't I have thought of spending that much....

Hahaha lol well tis a problem I'm past the 8k marker my self without noticing.
  • Options
    1500 should be the starting point on the list if we're talking about whales.
  • Frommer
    145 posts Member
    Options

@Mofojokers1992

Lol no but in all seriousness I'd add more options if I could but you can only edit the little description, not add or edit the poll options.

That and I don't want to spam the forums adding a whole new poll. So for now... Itll have to do pig.
  • Options

@Mofojokers1992

Lol no but in all seriousness I'd add more options if I could but you can only edit the little description, not add or edit the poll options.

That and I don't want to spam the forums adding a whole new poll. So for now... Itll have to do pig.

Fair enough lol but if your talking Whales I'd start from $2,000. As anyone under is a dolphin and anyone under $100 is a shrimp lol.

Fun names people have for them lol...
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    These options are per day, week or month?
  • Frommer
    145 posts Member
    Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    These options are per day, week or month?

@Nightlores

Lol the generic what computation is *4, so weekly.
  • Ashishin
    160 posts Member
    Options
    1500 should be the starting point on the list if we're talking about whales.

Agreed. If you aren't above 1500 you aren't in the realm of whale status.

-Ashishin
    Much butt hurt I sense in you, this is why you fail...
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Which unit are the numbers associated with? Baht?
  • Alecation
    211 posts Member
    Options
    I refuse to look, its like spending money to eat out, and adding how much you spent in a year on food
  • Frommer
    145 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Which unit are the numbers associated with? Baht?

@Waqui

American $$.
  • Frommer
    145 posts Member
    Options
    Alecation wrote: »
    I refuse to look, its like spending money to eat out, and adding how much you spent in a year on food

@Alecation lolz true. Used to eat out every day on my last job. I just looked at it as an "expense of doing business".

@Ashishin

Yes this poll has radically altered what I thought a whale was. My apologies on not having high enough poll numbers.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Jeez, surely a whale is over £1500?! £5000 is a kraken at least! Megalodons etc, I feel bad that I'm in the £100+ bracket!
  • Options
    Does it really mayer what others have spent on a game for their enjoyment?
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...
  • Options
    Yeah the people who have 80+ toons that are mostly well levelled and well geared have spent quite a few bob. I've spent quite a bit in my close to six months playing but I'd at least have to tripple it to be even close to that bracket.
  • Woofy_MC
    219 posts Member
    Options
    Serious question to all whales: How are you able to do this? Do you work as a top Manager for Bill Gates? This is a lot of money for normal working people, that have to feed family, pay rent and all that stuff. Are you using your families credit card? Or do you even make money out of it that you are a whale? I am not trying to make anybody feel guilty, but that much money for a mobilephone game, which is free, does seem a bit exagerated...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Does it really mayer what others have spent on a game for their enjoyment?

it doesnt matter. but people like to read what bill gates his net worth is nontheless.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Maxed Sun Fac is my answer. Actually need a $&&$& droid caller still. Alas.

It is interesting to wonder if people can afford this or if it is simply done due to addiction. In my knowledge of fellow whales it seems 75% can afford it and are affluent.

To those in their teens and 20s who look at $1000 on a mobile game and think wth?? Work hard. Study hard. Get the best education you can. And then you can afford this craziness. People waste money on lots of things. I have channeled my entertainment budget away from other things. Don't perseverate.

If you can't afford it then don't. I sincerely hope there aren't too many people out there missing meals and having trouble paying rent due to this game addiction but there probably are. And I doubt the execs are too sad about it.
  • Options
    I'm a majestic sea cow.

I submit Dat Rex as evidence.

LnrFmNs.jpg
  • Stok3d
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Should be 2500, 5000, 7500, 10k, 15k, 20k+ options.

Im 5k+ in and feel cheap compared to many of my guildmates...
  • ChaosDoom
    87 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Stok3d wrote: »

I fully agree. 20k, 25k and 30+k should be added in. Beyond that would be pretty unimaginable. However for those who have minimum 40 toons maxed level and geared would have spent at least 20k and above.
  • Frommer
    145 posts Member
    Options
    ChaosDoom wrote: »
    Stok3d wrote: »

I fully agree. 20k, 25k and 30+k should be added in. Beyond that would be pretty unimaginable. However for those who have minimum 40 toons maxed level and geared would have spent at least 20k and above.

@ChaosDoom

Have you spent or has anyone spent more than 30,000? That's a very modest yearly income for a young person lol

I will never feel bad losing in arena to someone who has spent a sum anywhere near this.
  • Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    Jeez, surely a whale is over £1500?! £5000 is a kraken at least! Megalodons etc, I feel bad that I'm in the £100+ bracket!

Don't forget leviathan or jormund elver ;)
  • VeridianShakes
    1118 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    20k is outrageous IMO. I've spent some money but could I buy a new car with my total? Nope lol
  • Options
    Cthutulhu needs added to the list if you're over 20k in lolol