If I can't pay to win, I won't pay.

Prev1
Now more than 3 weeks passed and no furnace in shipments.
I need 4 furnace minimum.
Give me furnace I give you money.
How hard is that?

Replies

• Options
    Pretty hard clearly.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Atleast you know where you stand.
  • Ashmir_Osama_Yusuf
    21 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Pretty hard clearly.
    Well they must address it. 90% of the gear that appears is useless.
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options
    Not to mention you can't buy a driod caller, or Nubian tech, or Nubian scanner...

Makes me wonder why anyone would buy the packs for Echo and Sun Fac shards when you know you can't get them higher than gear8 in what... 3 months?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    you can pay to refresh the shipments. Its not like they dont give you the oppertunity to spend money, they jsut want you to spend even more :)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Paying for refreshments is a fraud. I've refreshed for 2x50 daily and still have no furnace after 3 weeks. Well played CG/EA, just well played.
    Perhaps the person that came up with this needs to hit the crackpipe less.

I've binge spend around $500,- only to get lamed by the last update, the precraft issue and the amazing nerfs they keep pushing through (instead of boosting other chars).

No buyers remorse but if I went F2P I would have had the same outcome.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • OoUndead
    212 posts Member
    Options
    Personnally I bought 3 furnaces, and let down 2 others ! They seem to appear just when I stack enough crystals to buy it, pretty nice from them !
    It's all Randomness... So you can't complain about it guys ... It's just bad luck ... Nothin' they can do about it.

In another ways, you can complain about the Droid caller, nerubian, etc that are not in the shipment... Why just furnace... who knows !
  • Options
    I've seen two furnaces in 48 hours and no spare cash to pick them up. BOO!
  • Options
    Ive never had a furnace, and I have plenty of people waiting for it. If they would fill my shipments up with furnaces I would buy crystals to get them all
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    Yup. No furnaces on shipments either for me since they were addded.

Kind of a running joke now. At least I know whenever any of my guildmates or some forumites find some since they think it's funny to tell me about it. And it is!
  • M31Andro
    253 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty hard clearly.

+1
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    What I hate most is people claiming there is no problem because they bought 1 or 2 themselves so far. Tell me, since this update went live, are just 2 or 3 furnaces in shipments enough for the time we had to wait for it?

Precrafters were claiming that raids would be the outcome and everybody would be up to speed. Precrafting would get a magical fix but it even takes longer than I first expected.

It's a cashgrab and with every move pointing into this direction, people get more and more upset with good reasons.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • OoUndead
    212 posts Member
    Options
    warmonkey wrote: »

Kind of a running joke now. At least I know whenever any of my guildmates or some forumites find some since they think it's funny to tell me about it. And it is!

Do you check every shipment ? Every 6 hours i'm having a sneaky eye into the shipment to check about furnances.
    Do you do refresh ?
    You are one unlucky motherfu***er :D
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    OoUndead wrote: »

Do you check every shipment ? Every 6 hours i'm having a sneaky eye into the shipment to check about furnances.
    Do you do refresh ?

I don't refresh everyday, I did twice yesterday though. I check everyone, even the one at night I check when I wake to use the bathroom.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    OoUndead wrote: »

Do you do refresh ?

I don't refresh everyday, I did twice yesterday though. I check everyone, even the one at night I check when I wake to use the bathroom.

Edit: I have crafted two furnaces from raid rewards and raid shop or else I would be raging about no furnace in shipments ;)
    And did find a full droid caller in my 2nd raid, which is the only full raid piece I found. Which is funny cause that one I was ranked like 22ish and since then I've been top 3 and now #1 last two or three cause of my ewoks on t6.

Real edit lol: oops. I'm tired and hit quote instead of edit. Tired cause it took me awhile to fall back asleep after checking shipments at 5am lol
  • Options
    SWGOH : the game where even if you pay, you don't win :smile:
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    Options
    Then there is someone like me with 7 furnaces waiting game to be used.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    M31Andro wrote: »
    Pretty hard clearly.

+1

It's not useless when you reach level 80 and don't want to spend crystals on refreshes for bad RNG
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don't want to buy them, I want to be able to create one from salvage WITHOUT spending crystals and taking 3 months to do it. JEEEEEZ
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Growing up we called this pigeon theory (there's probably a real name for this basic psychological phenomenon, but anyway).

Put a pigeon in a cage with a button that dispenses food whenever it is pushed, it will push it only when it wants food. Otherwise, it gets on with its life. But if the button only fires, say, 10% of the time -- then the pigeon will push the button constantly, hungry or not, because: maybe reward. They'll totally drive themselves crazy neurotic and broken pushing tha button.

We're really no different. It's self evident how virtually every aspect of this game is modeled on this fundamental psychological phenomenon. Don't fall for it if you don't want to.
  • Options
    Mezmo wrote: »
    Growing up we called this pigeon theory (there's probably a real name for this basic psychological phenomenon, but anyway).

Put a pigeon in a cage with a button that dispenses food whenever it is pushed, it will push it only when it wants food. Otherwise, it gets on with its life. But if the button only fires, say, 10% of the time -- then the pigeon will push the button constantly, hungry or not, because: maybe reward. They'll totally drive themselves crazy neurotic and broken pushing tha button.

Operant Conditioning, formally defined by B.F. Skinner.
  • Options
    It's like you're waiting outside of the coffee shop for it to open...
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options

Hey were we in the same class? With Dr. Brazzus?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options

Hey were we in the same class? With Dr. Brazzus?

Its common knowledge for any college freshman having taken Psych 101.
  • Davius
    432 posts Member
    Options

You know this is an intelligent community when somebody drops a B.F. Skinner reference...
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options

We're really no different. It's self evident how virtually every aspect of this game is modeled on this fundamental psychological phenomenon. Don't fall for it if you don't want to.

Yup. It takes some people fifteen years of high level education to understand this little tidbit. They still are the pigeon.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Maybe the scholastic community would be willing to adopt the term SIMmimg Syndrome.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options
    We are dealing with unregulated gambling here, at least in principle. Of course they not only know how to make us spend money, but they are also going to take full advantage those techniques. Simple economics and human psychology, any business would do the same if allowed to.

Many of us knew the odds when we stepped in back in December. My favorite post was some anonymous player who said back then, the only way to win this game is to quit right now. We will always be led like sheep were ever they want to lead us. Don't spend what you can't afford, don't expect fairness, don't expect something for nothing, in fact in this game don't expect something for something. Have fun or quit, play, don't get played.
  • Options
    There is no such thing as 'free will'.

Always remember that.