If I can't pay to win, I won't pay.

2Next

Replies

• djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    I blame arena. In the quest to get to #1 people get impatient. Reach 100 shards? must promote now? Leveled up? Must level 5 arena toons asap!
    1 more salvage to craft full gear and 2 energy? Refresh!
    Got 800 arena tokens and you are 10 shards from promoting? 50 crystals spent.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Still having fun here.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • CatoNines
    423 posts Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as 'free will'.

Always remember that.

But there is a "Free Willy". I saw the trailer.

• Options

Seriously guys. You get to pay for every single thing in this game to get it quicker. Quicker, not instantly. Go play clash of clans, $1000 gets you nowhere. This is the new Era of gaming, you yourselves made it possible.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options

Seriously guys. You get to pay for every single thing in this game to get it quicker. Quicker, not instantly. Go play clash of clans, $1000 gets you nowhere. This is the new Era of gaming, you yourselves made it possible.

@WhiteSavage
    Although I do agree with you to a certain extend, it's hardly compareable. Playing clash for 3 years now and I can tell you it's a lot more fun and less frustrating. No walls where you run into (pun intended) and a credit crunch is solveable through farming (gobs and valks are insane right now). But the value you get there keeps being a value. The value here is subjected to nerfs, updates and gear requirements hiding behind a lot of frustration. In clash it's actually fun to grind gold/elixer and dark elixer. Here you just sim a battle. I'm not saying this game is bad but it can be so much more.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »

@WhiteSavage
    Although I do agree with you to a certain extend, it's hardly compareable. Playing clash for 3 years now and I can tell you it's a lot more fun and less frustrating. No walls where you run into (pun intended) and a credit crunch is solveable through farming (gobs and valks are insane right now). But the value you get there keeps being a value. The value here is subjected to nerfs, updates and gear requirements hiding behind a lot of frustration. In clash it's actually fun to grind gold/elixer and dark elixer. Here you just sim a battle. I'm not saying this game is bad but it can be so much more.

I think it's a personal style and preference thing. I felt like they nerf all the time in Clash. I quit a month ago because I was done trying to grind to TH11. I was so close to 10, then they added extreme cost increase with that TH11 level. Burnt out. But see how different that is? We both love/loved that game, but depending on who you are, it was not a fun grind. Gemming things in clash stopped being worth it for me at TH8. Whew. I don't miss it yet, although I heard they finally....FINALLY lowered the build/brew times. Sure, after I burn out haha ;)

Clash on, bro.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Now more than 3 weeks passed and no furnace in shipments.
    I need 4 furnace minimum.
    Give me furnace I give you money.
    How hard is that?

"Boo who I'm spending money because I want to take the easy way out. Now that I didn't get exactly what I wanted, I'm gonna take my ball and go home".

So tired of all these p2p characters complaining all day. When it takes you a month or two to get someone from g8 to g9, then you have a case.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Now more than 3 weeks passed and no furnace in shipments.
    I need 4 furnace minimum.
    Give me furnace I give you money.
    How hard is that?

"Boo who I'm spending money because I want to take the easy way out. Now that I didn't get exactly what I wanted, I'm gonna take my ball and go home".

So tired of all these p2p characters complaining all day. When it takes you a month or two to get someone from g8 to g9, then you have a case.

This is happening for p2p. My Rey is stuck at gear IX since the update and depending on your memory and mine, I believe the update launched 2 months ago. OP is right and the person you quotted as well.

Tired of people that think RNG should be the indication for progress where time, resources and real money spend should be the indication of progression. People that say otherwise have 0 gamesense. If you can't understand that the artifical gaps in this game (pre craft gate, guild hopping, 7* vaders, GW gate and many more), which are created by "mistakes" are the cause of these outrages, then I doubt you see the bigger picture.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    Mezmo wrote: »
    Growing up we called this pigeon theory (there's probably a real name for this basic psychological phenomenon, but anyway).

Put a pigeon in a cage with a button that dispenses food whenever it is pushed, it will push it only when it wants food. Otherwise, it gets on with its life. But if the button only fires, say, 10% of the time -- then the pigeon will push the button constantly, hungry or not, because: maybe reward. They'll totally drive themselves crazy neurotic and broken pushing tha button.

Operant Conditioning, formally defined by B.F. Skinner.

Sim, sim, sim, wait....
  • Ashishin
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Mezmo wrote: »
    Growing up we called this pigeon theory (there's probably a real name for this basic psychological phenomenon, but anyway).

Put a pigeon in a cage with a button that dispenses food whenever it is pushed, it will push it only when it wants food. Otherwise, it gets on with its life. But if the button only fires, say, 10% of the time -- then the pigeon will push the button constantly, hungry or not, because: maybe reward. They'll totally drive themselves crazy neurotic and broken pushing tha button.

We're really no different. It's self evident how virtually every aspect of this game is modeled on this fundamental psychological phenomenon. Don't fall for it if you don't want to.

@Mezmo
    Epic.

Sums this game up perfectly. While I wasn't aware of this experiment, I was aware my constant "buy" button feeding me negative returns.
    Makes sense. Thanks for the insight.
    Much butt hurt I sense in you, this is why you fail...
  • Sirryker
    98 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    As a dedicated f2p who started in January and am now level 78 (almost 79), I can say that, to date, this game is well-designed for zero to low spenders. Unlike some popular war games, your hard work is not taken away by whales who can come crush your empire on a whim. Although I will never be a top dog in arena, I am easily top 50 and sometimes top 20. I have 12 high-level 6/7* g8/9 characters that are viable in arena, GW, and raids. I get enjoyment out of multiple phases of the game, even GW still. I suspect I get more enjoyment than the whales, as they've developed a system that allows me to attain reasonable goals (even if slowly), and I feel some victory or achievement everyday. The fact that I haven't paid money makes me less sensitive to inequities and imperfections. The same deliciousness of "powering up" I enjoyed as a child playing Dungeons and Dragons (tabletop and on PC) is captured and combined with the nostalgic excitedness of exploring a legendary franchise of characters.

In 1982, we paid $100 ($252 in today's money, after inflation) for a craaaaappy joystick with one orange button and blasted pixelated aliens with a stupid spaceship. We thought we were in heaven. Now we have 12" touch screen tablets with lifelike displays that let us do everything we want, including play $0 Star Wars games >2 hours a day. But somehow this isn't enough. I read so many complaints and whines in this forum, and I SMH, because we have it so good, and we just can't stop crying about our paltry woes. We need infinite credits. Ideal balance in gear, abilities, and game design. Lower prices for in-app purchases that aren't necessary to have fun.

EA has put out a game we play because we like it. I'm glad we help them find flaws and work toward a better game (I've lamented my fair share about Sidious' limitations, the fallacy that is protection, and the difficulty credit crunch imposes), but let's give them some credit for accommodating both f2p and p2p, for bringing to life a tablet iteration of Star Wars that pays some homage to the amazing creations of Lucas et al., and for implementing feedback (albeit on their own timetable) to keep this game engaging.

TLDR: This game is good, or you wouldn't be on a forum reading and posting about it. Keep giving feedback to EA to make it better, but try not to come across as a sulky and entitled fool when doing so. This is not a personal attack at OP or any one person on the forums; it's just an observation that the maturity level in forums can be elevated if we collectively try.
  • Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    OoUndead wrote: »
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Yup. No furnaces on shipments either for me since they were addded.

Kind of a running joke now. At least I know whenever any of my guildmates or some forumites find some since they think it's funny to tell me about it. And it is!

Do you check every shipment ? Every 6 hours i'm having a sneaky eye into the shipment to check about furnances.
    Do you do refresh ?
    You are one unlucky motherfu***er :D

I don't refresh everyday, I did twice yesterday though. I check everyone, even the one at night I check when I wake to use the bathroom.

You should go before bedtime.