Does Darth Sidious Need a Potency Buff?

Marthvadir
272 posts Member
edited June 2016
Darth Sidious needs a buff. He currently only has 10k health and protection at MAX gear level and 7 starred. One of the biggest BIGGEST concerns for me is that he has 0 potency, 0%!!!!!!!!!! Also, just so you know most characrers have a base tenacity of about 40%, which means he is never landing his aoe dots. Now I know why his aoe dots always get resisted on every single enemy.

Consensus:Darth Sidious Currently has 0 potency. Literally 0% Potency. He Never can land his abilities versing equal leveled characters with same gear and star level. He literally can't because his potency is 0. You can even look it up if you'd like:

https://swgoh.gg/characters/darth-sidious/

Also, if you think there is something else that needs to be changed about him or don't agree with me, select other and please post below. Thank you :).
Guild: Order 66 501st Division

Does Darth Sidious Need a Potency Buff? 77 votes

Give Darth Sidious a Potency Buff
35%
pip_ninjaSentinelBorgichotolotTakAggropoxKAULIMLGebraFabzorzOwexBaillDookiedog68AegisSaigeNaugrinIsThisThomKarsaAndreasy10Gezesh_RahlGravytrain0815TocinoelcerdodjvitaCeberus 27 votes
Give Darth Sidious a small-mediocre Hp/Prot Buff
3%
IAmExceptionDimesandPenniessxuweil28kvw 3 votes
Give Darth Sidious a Potency and small-mediocre Hp/Prot Buff
35%
jeremyj26CobrasManoCasual_PlayerBaggodiEricsonXPlasmajEwakawakaSameriusanonidudeisrealLonachbrett94aerendhilDYNAMIKSUglukEzioWhatamidoingKING_J0URNEYMD_GeistTemperTantrumRen 27 votes
Darth Sidious is fine as he is, nothing needs to be changed.
22%
cosmicturtle333benacrowRomao33OkerlundKamikazeRhombusPush2StopsKingOfLosingMaskariiRFCHunterXJDtRRReyAlugardSpaceDogTeagueAaronBurrSirDieRebelScum2467lovecheese 17 votes
Other
3%
CharlesbusahhoooEscapeArtist51 3 votes

Replies

• Options
    Hes op early game, but when u start getting to level 70-80s he just falls out of your main squad. Hes the new noob slayer along with dooku
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Idk man.. Sid always lands those dots on me in GW. Something something AI boost..
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • chuckwing
    679 posts Member
    Options
    Sid's place is early game only, then you throw him to the side. Careful what you ask for on the potency buff. He is already on most gw teams til you hit lvl 80 anyway. The last thing you want is him hitting you with DoT's and heal immunity every single turn. He is annoying as it is already.
  • chuckwing
    679 posts Member
    Options
    And 99% of the players already have him 7* so I doubt they will buff him to make him usable in arena lol. Sad, but that is the way they work.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty sure Darth Sidious's ability is to do AOE damage and spam the board with "resisted". Is that not what it is supposed to do?
  • Options
    Other
    Darth Sidious needs a complete rework. Seriously he deserves that atleast, yeah you see him in galactic war a lot, so what, he's garbage now. I'd rather have a 7 star ugnaught than darth sid. Atleast ugnaught can beat droids and make you laugh. Sid being "the noob slayer" doesn't do anything, he deserves to be an average toon. At the moment he is one of the worst. Buff his health, rework him completely, do something cause he is useless in all formats.
  • Fabzorz
    87 posts Member
    Options
    It is pretty bad design to have a character who's purpose is to debuff and then not give him the potency to even do so. I'd guess people who don't think he needs at least SOME potency (50-60%) are new players.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Whitchit
    186 posts Member
    Options
    Don't need potency on bench chars
  • Options
    Other
    I think his heal immunity is fine where it is.

But his DoT debuff should be buffed up.

You'd have to do this while leaving heal immunity where it is.
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    Options
    Hi potency is actually pretty high. For ai controlled teams
  • Options
    He is like an overcooked noodle.... Soft, flabby and dumb
    IsThisThom
    "Consider that a divorce"
    - Douglas Quaid
  • Options
    It's pretty shocking how he is one of your core toons up until about level 70. Then he almost instantly becomes worthless.
  • Options
    His leader ability is too great for the suggested improvements. He's formidable early on and this would make Galactic War impossible for Lvl. 40/50 players.

Let me take you back, let me paint you a picture. You're in your early 40s--level not age--at best you have one 5-star, and half of your A-team is Jedi cos you're still trying to get dat Yoda. So you're marching along just fine, loving your new Lumi lead and thinking you can't be beat. That's when you meet him. You're only 4 nodes in and yet the enemy is like 6 levels above you. This is because they have Dooku and Sidious who have low power levels and as we all know now: Galactic War enemies are decided by the power level of the strongest team with which an Arena Victory has been achieved. Now of course you win--cos com'on, you're a smart individual and you know when to retreat and rework your strategy. But still, Sid's area attack and Dooku's multi-strike destroyed your momentum. And this will keep happening.
    Maybe it's Vader instead of Dooku and it's all DoTs all the time, maybe it's a dodge team, whatever it is, regularly facing a someone who is fast, can bypass defense, has an area attack, has multi damage over time chance, has healing immunity, self-heals, and doges crucial units is a pain early on even with 0% potency. This would make Admiral Ackbar a requirement, or all Jedi would need a huge tenacity buff, or Lumi and Jed Con would need a cleanse chance added, or C. W. Chewbacca's leader would need to change.

TL;DR: If this buff was put in place it'd have to be minor or he'd be super O.P., which means longtime players would only get a slight benefit while early players would get a crippling hurdle added to an already challenging phase of the game.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Sirryker
    98 posts Member
    Options
    @Push2Stops Your points are well taken, but this can still be implemented without making him overpowered at lower levels. A simple setup would be to make his higher level gear primarily boost potency. I agree that he's powerful enough at lower levels (though those of us near level 80 look back with exaggerated nostalgia, remembering how awesome he was BEFORE the implementation of the much-maligned "protection," which further ruined him--more below), but to create a character that is so enticing and then have him become useless except as a B or C team leader for Rancor or GW fodder is a travesty, especially when said fodder is the super-villain of 6 of the 7 franchise movies.

Protection hurt all AoE characters, Sid included. It further hurt all healers, including his Sadistic Glee, because you can't heal back protection. Lastly, it hurts his Heal Block (even if it does land), because who cares about that when you haven't gotten past the blue bar yet anyway and probably won't anyway, with a light saber that you apparently forgot to sharpen before the battle? I used to be annoyed by Sid in GW, but now I just mostly ignore him until the cannons have been dealt with. He's a gnat who does little damage. The only reason to squish him is that it's so easy to do with non-Jedis, and because killing others does annoyingly make him try to **** at you more often.

All of this makes me depressed. Sidious should not be a noob's player. He should be a balanced top dog. As it is, only his leadership ability is useful, and even then mostly only in raids.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Other
    Potency needs to be removed from the game. There is no end to the issues it causes with character balance.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    Every time a Sid attacks me, he leaves healing Immunity. Yet his potency is listed at zero%. I'm not sure potency means anything. And some characters have a potency or tenacity over 100%. What does that mean?

Potency and tenacity are just a unexplained game mechanic that from my experience means little to nothing.
  • RFC
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Not until they make GW more bearable, or drop healing immunity to 2 turns.
  • Options
    It would be nice if he ever applied any effect at the Rancor at least once.