Time for the empire event? 10 am pst?

Replies

• BBSooner
    32 posts Member
    Options
    ****, when I first read "Empire event" I was hoping I'd be able to do something with my Tarkin/Vader/Veers, but nope. Still sidelined :(
  • Options
    @MasterOfMace, it is well known that I fail at reading :)
  • GOfish52
    222 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse an update would be nice, when can we expect this? A time table, anything!
  • Azertonn
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Every other game I have played they give estimated launch times for any patch like this. I thinking is pretty discurtious to the player base to not give us any kind of idea.
  • Cogito
    94 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse since it is said it would be on June 2nd for European TimeZone it is 9pm right now. Leave free crystals for everyone for being late and not communicative.
  • Options
    Cogito wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse since it is said it would be on June 2nd for European TimeZone it is 9pm right now. Leave free crystals for everyone for being late and not communicative.

+1
  • Options
    Agree a time frame would be nice. I'm afraid to raid or arena because odds are that's when a client restart will be required.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Empire events working fine for me.
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options

They are based in the US, so technically aren't late for another 12.5 hours. Though, definitely not happy that they still can't let us know when these things will happen. Instead, we will see a bunch of people losing arena matches due to restart whenever they get around to the update.
  • Azertonn
    96 posts Member
    Options

+1

+1 million.
  • Cogito
    94 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

They are based in the US, so technically aren't late for another 12.5 hours. Though, definitely not happy that they still can't let us know when these things will happen. Instead, we will see a bunch of people losing arena matches due to restart whenever they get around to the update.

They have to stop being self-centered. Their game is worldwide, as their whales dolphins and f2p.
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options

They have to stop being self-centered. Their game is worldwide, as their whales dolphins and f2p.

****. Every game I have ever played announced dates and times based off their home base's location, whether or not they were based in the U.S. I think it is you who should stop being so self centered, wanting them to cater to your time zone.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Mo_liza wrote: »

This. Just got some sweet sweet Vader shards! :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

This. Just got some sweet sweet Vader shards! :smile:

Trolling?? I've done a few resets and have yet to get a client restart or show the empire event
  • Cogito
    94 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

****. Every game I have ever played announced dates and times based off their home base's location, whether or not they were based in the U.S. I think it is you who should stop being so self centered, wanting them to cater to your time zone.

This comment has been removed as it violates forum guidelines.
    Post edited by BanthaPanda on
  • Options

Are you being serious or is that facetious?
    Officer in BDB, a "casual but competitive" guild that has Rancor and HAAT on farm, gets 37* in LS TB, and kicks butt in TW. PM if interested in joining!
  • Options
    They're based in a timezone that is GMT -8. In order for them to do the update on the same date for everyone, they'd have to push it between midnight and 4:00 am. Then they'd have to have dev staff on hand to fix any issues that might crop up. I think it would be better for all concerned to recognize that when a staff member says they're going to do something on a certain day, they are referring to their work day and not to a timezone that may be ten or fifteen hours ahead of them.
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options

Complete bullshiit. It would have been a total mess if every games worked like that. You are meh dude.
    Nothermike wrote: »
    They're based in a timezone that is GMT -8. In order for them to do the update on the same date for everyone, they'd have to push it between midnight and 4:00 am. Then they'd have to have dev staff on hand to fix any issues that might crop up. I think it would be better for all concerned to recognize that when a staff member says they're going to do something on a certain day, they are referring to their work day and not to a timezone that may be ten or fifteen hours ahead of them.

'nuff said
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options
    They should give a time when events/updates will be released so people know what to expect. Whether it's tied to individual timezones or fixed to either the devs' timezone, or the first timezone in the world, I don't much care. But not knowing is rubbish.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    Options
    They are waiting for as many people as possible to be in the middle of raid so they can do a forced restart and you will lose your raid turn, not get damage counted, miss the claim of some prize etc.
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Options
    It'll prob drop at 11:59 pm PST
  • Options
    I didn't read anything about an achievement being attached.

I don't have a problem with limited events, but then they need to put out events that use the chars I have built too. Just because I don't jump on the meta train shouldn't make me unable to do events.

Where's the event using chars from First Order, Empire, Ewoks, Sith, Nightsisters? Just because the top arena teams all have STHan, Leia, Fives etc doesn't mean the events have to cater to them.

• Panna
    210 posts Member
    Options
    JJWZP5 wrote: »
    It'll prob drop at 11:59 pm PST

It will likely be at 1pm pst cause that's when the the Yoda event started
    ARK - Alliance Of Rebel Knights | Editor & Graphics Designer | https://swgoh.gg/u/panna/
  • Parad1sel
    234 posts Member
    Options
    Omg it is live!empire.png
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    They do know the world revolves around England don't they? :wink:
  • Parad1sel
    234 posts Member
    Options
    Hobnob wrote: »

We decidedly put an end to that 200 years ago. ;)
  • Sirryker
    98 posts Member
    Options
    Parad1sel wrote: »
    Omg it is live!empire.png
    Seems legit.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Omg it is live!

What was your thoughts? I was expecting it to be harder. But at least there was rewards. I'm sure people will say it's too hard.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options

Ouch
    {RotE}
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options

GMT disagrees.