Grats to Maraxus for soloing P1 T7!

Replies

• Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Hendiju wrote: »
    Nice job.

However, this just shows how pitiful CG did on developing the T7 raid. It's stupid. No one should be able to solo a single phase of T7. It's supposed to be hard. Go solo a 20 man raid in any mmo... Lol Yea right.

On any game every created there are people who push the limits. It takes a lot of effort, colaboration, planning, and building to accomplish this. I wouldn't degrade the accomplishment saying that it was poor coding.

I've played a lot of games and whenever something really big is released, you will have a group of people like Team Instinct that study it and figure out how to beat it.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    Say...I'm f2p so no Rex for me...any substitutes?

Rex is really needed. The TM team gain and the TM reduction is key.

I know there is no replacement for Rex and since you have elder in there for cleanser already, fives could be a decent substitute to keep the captain slowed?? Just an idea.
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Options
    @Maraxus, in my opinion you're the smartest player I ever see in this game. Congrats on your achievement and I hope you keep sharing such good information.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • jrenz33
    45 posts Member
    Options
    Meanwhile over at the ewok guild DoE, there is a deep rotation of p1 only hitters because it's so easy to get at least 30-40%.

Since FTP keep asking, really the only guys you have to have are Teebo, Elder and QGJ. FTP should target Phasma and Rey as the other two for the squad. You won't solo p1, but if you're in a guild where a lot of people are scared of p1 you can put up damage that will almost guarantee you a top 5 spot with just one run.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options

I know there is no replacement for Rex and since you have elder in there for cleanser already, fives could be a decent substitute to keep the captain slowed?? Just an idea.

For Heroic Raid 5's would most likely need to be at G10 with scanner to land speed down on captain reliably, otherwise potency is too low, only at 20% below G10. Same issue with Teebo TMR below Gear 10 and Heroic raid.
  • Harmonica
    541 posts Member
    Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    So @Maraxus

Just a sarcastic warning to you:

1) first time you lol'd a post it was @Mol_Sign s about soloing tier one. Then you took his ideas improved and went on to do it yourself.

2) second time you lol'd a post it was mine about how mixed guilds offer much better rewards for whales, light spenders, old f2p, to new f2p. That is the best guild construction. Your Qgj gear 8?!? And your elder that isn't gear 11 like mine shows you are behind on your gear. A lot. This trend of lol'ing and then following that persons advice might be coming again...

Let's be real tho. With this phase one squad who would want you on their heroic guild? Too powerful!!

Actually scratch all that... your guild is going to have to watch you get first place indefinitely so you will be good to go with gear real quick.

Do you ever stop?
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    Congrats Mara!!!
  • Sungsta
    163 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats - does anyone think it will be possible for 1 person to solo the entire T7 raid?
  • hechaowudi
    31 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    DFqjED1.png
    I copied your meta and tried, there is still 1.4% health left, but thank you, thank you so much for sharing this to us.
  • Maraxus
    821 posts Member
    Options
    jrenz33 wrote: »
    Meanwhile over at the ewok guild DoE, there is a deep rotation of p1 only hitters because it's so easy to get at least 30-40%.

Since FTP keep asking, really the only guys you have to have are Teebo, Elder and QGJ. FTP should target Phasma and Rey as the other two for the squad. You won't solo p1, but if you're in a guild where a lot of people are scared of p1 you can put up damage that will almost guarantee you a top 5 spot with just one run.

100% agree
  • Maraxus
    821 posts Member
    Options

Good thinking but fives potency is too low unfortunately (anything lower than 65% hardly works consistebtly)
  • Options
    But if I am working on EE, cant work on Rey at the same time as FTP

My 3 options currently for the 5th member, doing tier 5/6:
    Chewbacca
    Chirpa
    Fives
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    Sungsta wrote: »
    Congrats - does anyone think it will be possible for 1 person to solo the entire T7 raid?

Probably not. While the potency boost helps Teebo against Captain doesn't do so well against Rancor. I am sure someone at TI will try and I hope to be proved wrong on this, but after about 50 retreats and only landing TMR 2 times out of probably over 100 attempts it doesn't look good.
  • Harmonica
    541 posts Member
    Options

@Sungsta

Because of the way Rancor works, it wouldn't be possible. There are just not enough toons at this point and his ability to resist negative effects are too high.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Harmonica wrote: »

@Sungsta

Because of the way Rancor works, it wouldn't be possible. There are just not enough toons at this point and his ability to resist negative effects are too high.

If it was possible to remove TM with the door dropped you might be able to
  • Maraxus
    821 posts Member
    Options
    hechaowudi wrote: »
    DFqjED1.png
    I copied your meta and tried, there is still 1.4% health left, but thank you, thank you so much for sharing this to us.

Wow almost there, next time u get it :)
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    hechaowudi wrote: »
    DFqjED1.png

Great run!
  • IG_88_b
    60 posts Member
    Options
    That's pretty cool & thanks for sharing / showing off the thought process

Much cooler than just spending your way to victory, Respect due
  • Maraxus
    821 posts Member
    Options

Maybe it will be possible with dengar... Time will tell
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    I think one of our whales can do it too.
    KJ35PMO.jpg

Yesterday he did 7 million damage on T6.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Outstanding. Well done.
  • Options
    Gratz, mara!
  • Options
    Congrats @Maraxus ! Like, I @Javofett , I remember that crazy Tuskegee team btw :s. Always enjoy seeing what you run in arena.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Options
    Well played Mara! :)
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Gratz @Maraxus.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    So @Maraxus

Just a sarcastic warning to you:

1) first time you lol'd a post it was @Mol_Sign s about soloing tier one. Then you took his ideas improved and went on to do it yourself.

2) second time you lol'd a post it was mine about how mixed guilds offer much better rewards for whales, light spenders, old f2p, to new f2p. That is the best guild construction. Your Qgj gear 8?!? And your elder that isn't gear 11 like mine shows you are behind on your gear. A lot. This trend of lol'ing and then following that persons advice might be coming again...

Let's be real tho. With this phase one squad who would want you on their heroic guild? Too powerful!!

Actually scratch all that... your guild is going to have to watch you get first place indefinitely so you will be good to go with gear real quick.

The difference is, with how you want guilds to operate, Mara wouldn't have been able to attempt alone. You promote greedy gear runs. TI is much more family based and we were totally okay with Mara taking first to try this accomplishment. So to follow in Mara's footsteps,

LOL.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Maraxus wrote: »

Good thinking but fives potency is too low unfortunately (anything lower than 65% hardly works consistebtly)

You have to be careful with Fives. Using anyone who attacks more than once can work counter to what you are trying to do.

I just Omega's Fives basic and when the target is slowed, he will attack twice. The problem in raids is that the Gamorean and the Rancor get a TM boost based on damage/attacks. So as the rest of the team is reducing the TM, Fives can increase it if he's getting two shots per action.
  • Minion
    40 posts Member
    Options
    I think this is the greatest accomplishment done until now.

Sad to see some of the comments, 1.000 people in the forum with thoughts and ideas about how to do things, but you are the one who actually went out and get the job done.

Standing ovation.
    iN Minion - Team Instinct
  • Options
    What's with all the TI hate here??...jeez

This is a great accomplishment. Instead of being salty, congratulate them.

Sure, this required lot of good RNG. But it also required lot of hard work. Appreciate that.

Good job Maraxus.

Now I am worried EA/CG might look at this and nerf certain characters (cough Rex).

Rex is a beast and possibly the best chromium right now.
  • Yendor
    261 posts Member
    Options
    Congratulations @Maraxus on an amazing job. We all knew you could do it, but honestly, I didn't think you get there this quick

Well done, and I look forward to more of your theory crafting chats!
This discussion has been closed.