Redundant Leader Abilities

It's come to my attention that Ahsoka and Old Ben, essentially, have the same leader ability. This needs to be changed.

A few Ahsoka suggestions:
  • Current evasion plus chance to gain foresight.
  • Current evasion plus regenerate protection.
  • Current evasion plus inflict slow for 2 turns on attacker.
  • Chance to attack twice on basic attack instead of evasion and TMG.

A few Old Ben suggestions:
  • Current evasion plus chance to gain potency up.
  • Current evasion and turn meter gain for Rebels, half for other Light Side allies.
  • Half of current evasion chances plus trigger a taunt from Old Ben on next hit. (Old Ben does not benefit from this leader ability.)

Feel free to add your own ideas or vote for or against the above.
And there's probably others as well; maybe post them here.
314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease

Replies

• Options
    +1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (kinda)

Old Ben and Dooku's leader abilities are both broken. They both grant higher stats and buffs than any other evasion leader and they grant it to everyone, not just a specific group. It limits the diversity one faces in arena, since anybody running an evasion team can just create a cookie cutter squad to throw behind Dooku or Old Ben. It makes doesn't make any sense that Royal Guard and Rey have the kind of synergy with Dooku that they do.

The devs need to nerf these leader abilities so Old Ben's only applies to Jedi and Dooku's to Sith. They balked when they realized they planned for omega Qui Gon to grant 25+ speed to all allies, and I'm sure they would have balked at this if anybody ran either of these two as leaders back in March.

• Options
    Anyways I don't mind that Ahsoka grant TM on evade like Old Ben, but they desperately need to buff her leader stats or nerf Old Ben's. 20% TM gain off 14% evasion for Jedi and Nightsisters only vs 30% TM gain off 15% evasion for all allies. Yeah, good job there, EA. They either need to buff her to make her stats greater (since they only apply to two specific groups) or they could add something unique to her. Something like retribution on evade would be pretty cool and interesting.
  • Options

Old Ben and Dooku's leader abilities are both broken. They both grant higher stats and buffs than any other evasion leader and they grant it to everyone, not just a specific group. It limits the diversity one faces in arena, since anybody running an evasion team can just create a cookie cutter squad to throw behind Dooku or Old Ben. It makes doesn't make any sense that Royal Guard and Rey have the kind of synergy with Dooku that they do.

The devs need to nerf these leader abilities so Old Ben's only applies to Jedi and Dooku's to Sith. They balked when they realized they planned for omega Qui Gon to grant 25+ speed to all allies, and I'm sure they would have balked at this if anybody ran either of these two as leaders back in March.

I think if they want to limit Dooku's leader ability they should have it affect Separatists.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Options
    Anyways I don't mind that Ahsoka grant TM on evade like Old Ben, but they desperately need to buff her leader stats or nerf Old Ben's. 20% TM gain off 14% evasion for Jedi and Nightsisters only vs 30% TM gain off 15% evasion for all allies. Yeah, good job there, EA. They either need to buff her to make her stats greater (since they only apply to two specific groups) or they could add something unique to her. Something like retribution on evade would be pretty cool and interesting.

I like a counter on evade too! That seems pretty cool and unique. And it fits with the name Quick Steps as well as her overall high risk, high reward build.
  • cameronaitken56
    108 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

I ran Dooku back in March and still do. I have no problem with Dooku teams, they're more of an annoyance than anything else. Dooku has been nerfed to the point where he's only useful as a leader. If you nerf that then there's even fewer viable characters and everyone will just lead Phasma instead. As soon as the evaision leaders are nerfed everyone will just start calling for Phasma nerfs. Dooku is the only reason I can run a defensive team and be anywhere near the rank I am. You'll probably try to use this statement against me by using it as an example of why he's OP but I see it as him adding diversity to the game. Maybe not in the top 10 who all use him to protect glass canons but I wouldn't be able to defeat teams in 5 minutes without the offense boosts. My team is designed to outlast which wouldn't work in arena without Dooku. If you limit all the leader abilities to only affect certain characters than you won't be able to make viable teams that transcend the Star Wars eras. There is nothing wrong with having synergies between characters that aren't of the same faction/group. There are character who's fighting styles in the Star Wars Canon would match up well with each other who aren't on the same side as well as characters who are on the same side who's styles don't work well together. Take Dooku and Maul for example, they are both sith, trained by Sidious who fought against the Jedi, but if they were to fight together there styles would clash too much and maul would end up getting in Dooku's way a lot. However if you Take Windu and Dooku, who's styles wouldn't clash too much but Didn't fight for the same side (at least not as they are depicted in the game) would work much better if they were fighting as a duo than Dooku and Maul ever could. So why should Dooku give a boost to Maul and not Windu? There's nothing wrong with synergies between characters that didn't fight for the same side or during the same time.

My team is Dooku lead to boost my offense so that I can win a fight in <5 minutes, Sidious so that I can work around heals, because he gets extra evasion against Jedi, and he heals with every death which works well with my longevity based team, and 3 healers. Lumi because of her powerful heal and high damage as well as extra evasion, Barriss because she can work around heal immunity, and JC because I don't have a good enough tank yet and he can spam heals. Now ask yourself, is a team like that really that unfair? Would it be able to function without Dooku?

The main problem with the Dooku RG Rey teams is the RG Rey part. Those two are just as challenging with Phasma lead giving Rey a chance at assisting and Phasma's advantage boost. Don't hold pitchforks and torches at Dooku because he's the most common lead that makes the RG Rey duo even more difficult.
  • Options
    it is not fair, thats the leader abilities from Count Dooku and Old ben dont have any disadvantages compared to other abilites, if they use it in a mixed squad. they have to nerf it!
  • Options
    Anmormas wrote: »
    it is not fair, thats the leader abilities from Count Dooku and Old ben dont have any disadvantages compared to other abilites, if they use it in a mixed squad. they have to nerf it!

Did you read my previous post? They don't have to nerf it and any nerf would effectively take Dooku out of the already minuscule group of viable leaders in the game. The devs know this and they're doing exactly the right thing (for once) by adding lots of ways to counter it. This allows all the characters that benefit from evasion leads and the evasion leaders to stay viable on evasion teams and stop them from running the arena at the same time. This is the only true fix to the problem and it's being put into action. If you don't believe that there's enough counters check out the newest characters B2 SBD and Dengar. Evasion teams were never that difficult in the first place, they're based on luck so people will pick out the one time that the opponent's AI gets lucky and it costs them the game and forget about the time when the AI gets unlucky and it costs the AI the game. Also, you don't have to go around nerfing all the good leaders just because all the other leader abilities suck. That doesn't fix anything, it simply makes leaders as a whole suck and the leader slot will end up being filled by whatever character happens to be on someones team and has a leader ability that might be useful once in a while. Lastly, if you really think evasion leaders are that OP (which they aren't) call for buffs to diversify the pool of good leaders. Having more good options never hurt anyone.
  • Options
    Push2Stops wrote: »

I think if they want to limit Dooku's leader ability they should have it affect Separatists.

Since we have Separatists now, how about an update to Dooku's leader ability? It seems like the obvious first step.
  • Options

Since we have Separatists now, how about an update to Dooku's leader ability? It seems like the obvious first step.

you gotta give it some time, the did say leader abilities may change in a future update..... just wait for the big Tank raid update and im sure there will be lots of updates to things like that then.
  • Options
    So it's been a while and none of this stuff has been addressed.
    What's more is with Boba's rework it's come to my attention that Greedo's leader is practically the same as Boba's whose leader isn't much different than Lando's. The difference between Lando and Boba is fair but Greedo next to Boba is a joke.
    Personally, I don't think Greedo should be a leader but any unit with a leader ability shouldn't have one so redundant as Greedo's or Ahsoka's.
  • Options
    I'm hoping ahsoka can get a strong zeta on her leader slot.